Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Judgement coming september 2015 to america...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
To another old man in a wheel chair "mine isn't motorized" what does this mean Bill?

Psalm 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

tob

Psa 9:17 - The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Gen 18:32 - And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.​

I doubt there is currently a nation on earth in which there are less than ten individual Christians.

Psa 9:17 - The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Gen 18:32 - And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.​

I doubt there is currently a nation on earth in which there are less than ten individual Christians.
I don't want to be cute but the subject is not a far stretch from the OP, so, percentage-wise, how many Christians do you think there are in the US? Ten percent, fifteen, how much?

I don't want to be cute but the subject is not a far stretch from the OP, so, percentage-wise, how many Christians do you think there are in the US? Ten percent, fifteen, how much?

From what I can find anywhere from 70% to 83% of Americans identify themselves with Christianity.
Now, how many practice the faith or make it a major part of their lives I don't know.

I know what you are saying MIchelle. September appears to be a pivotal month, and shaping up if there is a shaking, it will begin soon enough. America and Canada absolutely deserve everything it gets ever since the killing of unborn was legalized, however; in God's mercy he has allowed us to continue unabated. This cannot go on forever, and God will surely not be mocked. While I will not say judgement will happen in September, it surely would not surprise me. Although as he will do in Egypt and Assyria (Isaiah 19), he may strike, but to heal. That is the heart of the Father, to bring us back to repentance. Sometimes it has to be by allowing dire circumstances to happen. The middle east is in shambles, Europe over run with refugees/infiltrators, stock markets on, or are collapsing, earthquakes on the increase, famines in various places including a whopper in California, etc. If this is the beginning of the signs of the times, lets be sober, carefully consider all claims and test it against scripture. Time will tell if what you are reading/watching will come to pass. I'll wait to evaluate and see where we are after the Feast Days are completed.
Interestingly, this is the very interpretation of "God's Wrath" in most of the NT........ letting people continue on their own way, unabated.

That is the same numbers I find, everywhere but I am continually reminded of the Barna American Church Survey. As nearly as I can make out for the past twenty-five ears in the LORD's service, something, considerably under one percent of the American People go to Church on a regular basis. And when I get to looking at the percentage of the Membership Role, it appears to float between ten and fifteen percent of any given membership role could or can now, qualify as a Faithful Member was defined in the survey.

The definition, as I am given to understand it, was a member attending Worship Service no less that three times a week. My experience has taught me that this percentage covers, more or less, the people that do all of the needed work to operate the Church.

I, personally, would expect that people working, for free, to sustain and maintain, the Worship Service of the Church to be saved but that is not the case. We began with an arguable number of less than 1% and of that less than two tenths are, by the definition, faithful. So less than two tenths of one percent of the population were considered Faithful Servants of God.

And then on the Double Blind Survey, to get as honest an answer as could be found, the Pastor of any Church never knew who answered any given sheet of answers. The questions were all about the basics and encompassed every denomination that will fall within the pail of Orthodoxy. As I was instructed the questions were similar to or like, "Do you believe Jesus' death on the Cross paid for all the sins you have committed? Do you believe in the Virgin Birth as a fact? Is Jesus going to return to take you to Heaven?"

I was instructed what and how many questions there were but I do not recall them all now. When the survey had been conducted across the nation, east to west and south to north, less than ten percent of the Faithful believed the basic tenants f Christianity.

I believe in grace and I am going to round, way, up to get this number but less than ten percent of the fifteen percent that represented the less than one percent of all Americans, I going to do horrible mathematics and say that less than one percent of America believes and is a Christian and our nation is, according to the World in general, The Christian Nation of the World. I believe I would still be generous to say that less than a quarter of one percent of the United states population are followers of our Savior, Jesus, the Christ.

The Narrow Gate is skinnier than we think.

i wonder if this could have something to do with it, committing fornication with the great whore?

Revelation 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

tob

i wonder if this could have something to do with it, committing fornication with the great whore?

Revelation 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

tob
I agree.

tob
That would be yerusalem of ad 70.

That would be yerusalem of ad 70.

The 17th chapter of Revelation is about 70AD? then how does this fit into that scenario?

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

tob

We need not attack her. She is not the prophetess. Besides those folks said the same to Noah. But the flood really came. If the fear of such can change America...then let her say more

America is like the head of the world. Grannies often give the head a crack to awaken the brain. Hehehehehehehehehehe

The 17th chapter of Revelation is about 70AD? then how does this fit into that scenario?

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

tob
Jew killed more Christians then rome.the city is called Babylon in rome.in those Jerusalem was the richest city.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back