Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jury sentences Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to death

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Joh 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
Joh 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

I understand your stance on age iLOVE .. we disagree on that point... At 19 IMO he was not a kid.... The kid is that 8 year old dead little boy.... that young man killed...

Would God sentence a 19 year to death at the time of these deaths? Or would He wait two years later and kill him? What does Jesus say about this?

http://news.yahoo.com/boston-marathon-bombing-tsarnaev-verdict-185613591.html
Yes, He did and He would. What a question! In the first three verses of John we learn that Jesus, God in the flesh of a man, is the God of the Old Testament and in Malichi three, the third verse we learn that Jesus/God does not ever change.

In Numbers 16:32 we find God exterminating Korah, his household and all his relatives. God' s ways are greater than our ways and He would not allow petition for mercy before the Great White Throne Judgement. This nineteen year old pervert slew adults and children without any concern for them, what-so-ever.

The scripture says the Apostle Paul was a violent man. He helped and murdered Christians.

Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 1 Timothy 1 :13 NIV

So why would not Jesus not have mercy on a child at the time?

The scripture says the Apostle Paul was a violent man. He helped and murdered Christians.

Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 1 Timothy 1 :13 NIV

So why would not Jesus not have mercy on a child at the time?
I am sorry and I know that at times, I can come off sharper than I mean it to be and you might think this answer that way but the truth is just that, the truth and we are not ever given to question God. The why of this matter is not the concern of a, fully, submitted servant. God will as God has done! We do not create God in our image but, rather,
God is bending us into His image and His ways. For me to pretend I understand God is for me to be disobedient and I, just, will not join the Fellowship of the Fools. I obey because I am His and right there, it lays.

Jesus very well might have mercy on this child (and while I don't think of him as a child, he is quite young) if he repents and turns to Him.

I don't think Jesus would weigh in on the political question of the death sentence. He lived in an era within a nation where the death penalty was carried out with far less jurisprudence than ours and never taught that His people should go against the government... The government (godly or not) does wield God's sword of judgment. Romans 13:4

However, if I were in charge of the world, I wouldn't sentence a 19 year old to death. Should this boy live the next 15-20 years (the average time it takes a death sentence to be carried out) he may long have repented from his acts.

I dont believe a human... person judge or jury can inter-fear with God's will... The example we have in a death sentence / salvation thing is here

Luk 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
Luk 23:40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
Luk 23:41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
Luk 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

The death penalty is expensive, time consuming, and lacks deterrent value. I just don't see the point in killing anybody, especially a 19 year old.

I dont believe a human... person judge or jury can inter-fear with God's will... The example we have in a death sentence / salvation thing is here

Luk 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
Luk 23:40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
Luk 23:41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
Luk 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
I have often thought that we shouldn't enforce the death penalty or kill in self defense unless it was absolutely necessary because the person might still have a chance to be saved. It was only recently that I changed my mind after seeing scriptures like these.

Whenever a Christian brings in mans opinion, human wisdom, and the worlds view point they have sinned. This sin is called the lust of the flesh. The flesh is not the physical flesh, but your mindset. This is why it is very important for Christians to renew their minds daily. Christians must pick up their own cross daily and become a living sacrifice by denying their flesh (mindset) daily. This is why denying yourself hurts because you will not allow yourself to say, believe, or agree with mans opinion, human wisdom, and the worlds view point. In other words you only agree, say, and believe what the written word (truth) of God has said. The living word (Lord Jesus Christ) will fill in the blanks. And when the written Word and the living Word connect...oh my, my, my! When a Christian is being led by the flesh they are 100% being deceived by Satan and his forces. The bible says this is witchcraft because the flesh is in rebellion with God. Our kingdom is not of this world. No matter what man says and how things may change, we only say and agree with the word of God.

Beloved, God has called us to go the second mile. The first mile is where everybody is. The second mile is going to require a press, stamina, and what the Lord has said. The first mile is a eye for a eye, tooth for a tooth...the second mile is love your enemies. The first mile - The only way to God is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6)...The second mile...the only way to Jesus Christ is by the Means of the Cross (Luke 14:27). The only way to the Cross is a denial of self (Luke 9:23). Are you in the second mile?

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:14 NIV

Last edited:
Jesus very well might have mercy on this child (and while I don't think of him as a child, he is quite young) if he repents and turns to Him.

I don't think Jesus would weigh in on the political question of the death sentence. He lived in an era within a nation where the death penalty was carried out with far less jurisprudence than ours and never taught that His people should go against the government... The government (godly or not) does wield God's sword of judgment. Romans 13:4

However, if I were in charge of the world, I wouldn't sentence a 19 year old to death. Should this boy live the next 15-20 years (the average time it takes a death sentence to be carried out) he may long have repented from his acts.
Romans 13:4, supports the "death penalty". The sword is the symbol of the right of the State to inflict Capitol punishment for Capitol crimes. The minister is not a Preacher of the Gospel, but a servant of the State. The State, as ordained by God, can use whatever force is necessary to stop "evil" i.e., crime.

But will Jesus apply it to a 19 year old?

Romans 13:4, supports the "death penalty". The sword is the symbol of the right of the State to inflict Capitol punishment for Capitol crimes. The minister is not a Preacher of the Gospel, but a servant of the State. The State, as ordained by God, can use whatever force is necessary to stop "evil" i.e., crime.

But will Jesus apply it to a 19 year old?
You seem to somehow think a 19 year old is somehow a little boy that doesn't know right from wrong and can't do evil. Obviously you've never stared down the barrel of a gun wielded by a teenager bent on murdering you so he can steal the money in your wallet to buy his next hit of his drug of choice. There are teenagers as young as 12 or 13 doing this. Try to tell anyone living in one of our inner city gang areas that this isn't true! A 19 year old is an adult, is capable of acting like and adult, and needs to be held responsible for his actions like any other adult. The fact that a some people want to just coddle them all the time is the reason we have so many deadly crimes and street gangs today. This isn't even a legitimate question.

You seem to somehow think a 19 year old is somehow a little boy that doesn't know right from wrong and can't do evil. Obviously you've never stared down the barrel of a gun wielded by a teenager bent on murdering you so he can steal the money in your wallet to buy his next hit of his drug of choice. There are teenagers as young as 12 or 13 doing this. A 19 year old is an adult, is capable of acting like and adult, and needs to be held responsible for his actions like any other adult. This isn't even a legitimate question.
What has God said about children 19 and below?

The death penalty is expensive, time consuming, and lacks deterrent value. I just don't see the point in killing anybody, especially a 19 year old.
do you really want to be him in a prison with thousands or hundreds of americans who might have family that YOU killed?i think all of them will try to do the favor if the state doesn't. dahmer was killed by a man who had the death penalty and was asked why? because he raped kids!

What has God said about children 19 and below?
What does God say about obeying the authorities and what does our government today say is the age of adulthood? How many times have you been shot or blown up by a teenager? Once you've experienced that, I'd be interested to hear your view on this "child" then.

Back