Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jury sentences Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to death

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
its just so crazy. when they're in prison, they're not permitted to kill themselves, but then the state can kill them?
no because well death by improvised toilet paper made into a noose isn't a fast death. I don't understand what lie would have to be told to them to stop that but well that isn't what isn't being discussed besides the state allows one to do that when not allow any that wants too? there are teen rapists that serve life. they should be allowed to end their lives too. that would set a precedent.

What does God say about obeying the authorities and what does our government today say is the age of adulthood? How many times have you been shot or blown up by a teenager? Once you've experienced that, I'd be interested to hear your view on this "child" then.
oh, American soldiers have shot and killed kids that had the intent of killing us. I have a few of those stories to post

but is it even necessary, in this day and age? I mean, we have super max prisons and such...what's the point?
you mean the ones where they are held in chains as they move to doctors appointments, visitiations an court and also stay in solitary confinement? that is better then death?

What does God say about obeying the authorities and what does our government today say is the age of adulthood? How many times have you been shot or blown up by a teenager? Once you've experienced that, I'd be interested to hear your view on this "child" then.
God calls these things sin. All sin does have consequence. Whose report shall you believe... The "Worlds" or the "Lords"? The enemy knows the only way a Christian can please God is by faith. He wants a Christian to consider the facts (mans point of view - human wisdom) and the word of God at the same time. Once you have done this you now have two minds (double minded). Because you have wavering faith the scripture says, "For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord." James 1:6-7 KJV. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. Hebrews 10:38 KJV

14: Every one that passeth among them that are numbered, from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering unto the LORD. Exodus 30:14

God commanded those who were twenty years old and above to pay a ransom for their souls because anyone nineteen years and below were consider by God to be children and were under the protective head of the household. If he was only nineteen he was not old enough to pay a ransom for his own soul, he was still covered under his fathers ransom.

God will confirm this again in two other places of scripture. I am a firm believer in the "two witness theory," which is that there should be at least two scriptures to verify any Bible teaching that we use.

He decided to punish them by allowing them to die in the Wilderness. Israel was condemned to wander for the next forty years in the Wilderness while these people died. But God did not sentence everyone to die in the Wilderness. Along with Joshua, Caleb and their families he spared the children of those that had sinned against him. Anyone who was twenty years and older was condemned to die in the Wilderness because God held them accountable for their sin against him. But God in his mercy spared the children. Anyone who was nineteen years and under were spared and not held accountable because God saw them as children. Here are some of the scriptures to confirm this.

Num 14:29: Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me,

We can tell that he would destroy those who were twenty and older and spare those who were nineteen years and younger but, how does this prove accountability? Maybe he just picked a random number to spare and went by that? Well lets look in Deuteronomy and see what it says concerning their accountability.

Deuteronomy 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

This scripture is speaking of the same thing that we just read about in Numbers 14:29. It is speaking of all Israel who was considered by the Lord to not be held accountable for the sins of Israel. In this verse he says because they had no knowledge between good and evil. This clearly shows us that in Gods view anyone who is under twenty years old is insufficient when it comes to making decisions about what is good and evil. He did not hold them accountable for themselves.

God calls these things sin. All sin does have consequence. Whose report shall you believe... The "Worlds" or the "Lords"? The enemy knows the only way a Christian can please God is by faith. He wants a Christian to consider the facts (mans point of view - human wisdom) and the word of God at the same time. Once you have done this you now have two minds (double minded). Because you have wavering faith the scripture says, "For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord." James 1:6-7 KJV. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. Hebrews 10:38 KJV

14: Every one that passeth among them that are numbered, from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering unto the LORD. Exodus 30:14

God commanded those who were twenty years old and above to pay a ransom for their souls because anyone nineteen years and below were consider by God to be children and were under the protective head of the household. If he was only nineteen he was not old enough to pay a ransom for his own soul, he was still covered under his fathers ransom.

God will confirm this again in two other places of scripture. I am a firm believer in the "two witness theory," which is that there should be at least two scriptures to verify any Bible teaching that we use.

He decided to punish them by allowing them to die in the Wilderness. Israel was condemned to wander for the next forty years in the Wilderness while these people died. But God did not sentence everyone to die in the Wilderness. Along with Joshua, Caleb and their families he spared the children of those that had sinned against him. Anyone who was twenty years and older was condemned to die in the Wilderness because God held them accountable for their sin against him. But God in his mercy spared the children. Anyone who was nineteen years and under were spared and not held accountable because God saw them as children. Here are some of the scriptures to confirm this.

Num 14:29: Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me,

We can tell that he would destroy those who were twenty and older and spare those who were nineteen years and younger but, how does this prove accountability? Maybe he just picked a random number to spare and went by that? Well lets look in Deuteronomy and see what it says concerning their accountability.

Deuteronomy 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

This scripture is speaking of the same thing that we just read about in Numbers 14:29. It is speaking of all Israel who was considered by the Lord to not be held accountable for the sins of Israel. In this verse he says because they had no knowledge between good and evil. This clearly shows us that in Gods view anyone who is under twenty years old is insufficient when it comes to making decisions about what is good and evil. He did not hold them accountable for themselves.
a child at the age 15 bore jesus. she had other children. we call said child mary.

in that time one was an adult with some rights as such at the age of 13 , 12 in rome. there is a reason for that as well most were dead by 40. just making my point. I don't see the convicted terrorist as a child. he was a man when he commited the crimes. at his age I was trained to take lives and sharpening those skills. so what is the difference if a child at that age as you say can enlist knowing what he might do for his country?

a child at the age 15 bore jesus. she had other children. we call said child mary.

in that time one was an adult with some rights as such at the age of 13 , 12 in rome. there is a reason for that as well most were dead by 40. just making my point. I don't see the convicted terrorist as a child. he was a man when he commited the crimes. at his age I was trained to take lives and sharpening those skills. so what is the difference if a child at that age as you say can enlist knowing what he might do for his country?
He said to them, "Then give back to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's." Luke 20:25

He said to them, "Then give back to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's." Luke 20:25
what does that address? I understand the pro life stance but Im not against mercy but well im not the victim of his acts. let them speak to the court for his life. I do believe in that. im not the one that lost family too him.
I still remain and will agree with the death penalty for him. why? because he has done such a deed to spill blood not in the act of lawful war but as a coward does. he killed no soldier but civilians while they were running for a cause. very callous and cold.may god have mercy on his soul

Sorry but this makes no sense to me at all.

I remember well my time as a teenager, even much younger than 19. There is NO WAY you will convince me that a 19 year old of even close to normal mental function didn't know it was wrong to do what he did and didn't know what the consequences would be. We don't live in ancient Isreal, but even if we did I seriously doubt that they would just stand by and let a 19 year old commit mass murder with explosives and whine about how he didn't know what he was doing because he was "just a child". And there's no way I'll be convinced that 1 year later, at 20, this so called "child" is suddenly going to come into some kind of possession of "adulthood" and suddenly have all the maturity and wisdom that comes with it.

As I asked you before, how many times have you stared down the barrel of a gun in the hands of some murderous teenager? I have. You. on the other hand didn't answer that so I would guess you probably haven't experienced that. Until you have done that, you really don't have the experience to speak on the idea that they are just little children that don't know any better and don't deserve to be held responsible for their actions. Just how many 19 year olds in Moses time do you think he allowed to run around murdering people en mass while Moses told the rest of Israel "Oh we shouldn't hold them responsible, they're just little 19 year old children?

A 19-year old is not a child. He's a young man. Old enough to have a drivers license, to vote, to serve in the Armed Forces. He's also considered an adult in the eyes of the law, and emancipated from his parents' authority.

In this particular case being discussed, the young man knew what he was doing. After deliberately leaving a bomb within feet of the 8-year old little boy, he abetted his brother in murdering the young man on campus. When he and his brother were in the shoot-out with police, he drove his car over his older brother in his attempt to flee. While he hid in a boat on private property, he wrote on the interior walls of the boat that he was pleased to have killed so many people. (Let's not forget the over 200 people who were injured and maimed in the Boston bombing.) After he was arrested and placed in jail, he continued his particular flavor of terrorism by arrogantly presenting the middle finger to the security camera in his cell.

Remorse? He has shown none.

Our Lord has final say on the young man's fate. In the meanwhile, we should pray that in whatever time remains, that this young man will come to know and love our Lord with all his heart.

Sorry but this makes no sense to me at all.

I remember well my time as a teenager, even much younger than 19. There is NO WAY you will convince me that a 19 year old of even close to normal mental function didn't know it was wrong to do what he did and didn't know what the consequences would be. We don't live in ancient Isreal, but even if we did I seriously doubt that they would just stand by and let a 19 year old commit mass murder with explosives and whine about how he didn't know what he was doing because he was "just a child". And there's no way I'll be convinced that 1 year later, at 20, this so called "child" is suddenly going to come into some kind of possession of "adulthood" and suddenly have all the maturity and wisdom that comes with it.

As I asked you before, how many times have you stared down the barrel of a gun in the hands of some murderous teenager? I have. You. on the other hand didn't answer that so I would guess you probably haven't experienced that. Until you have done that, you really don't have the experience to speak on the idea that they are just little children that don't know any better and don't deserve to be held responsible for their actions. Just how many 19 year olds in Moses time do you think he allowed to run around murdering people en mass while Moses told the rest of Israel "Oh we shouldn't hold them responsible, they're just little 19 year old children?
Pastor Tony Evans says it like this, "What God asks you to do doesn’t make sense. Talk to any fisherman who has worked on the Sea of Galilee and they will tell you that putting a net into the deep waters in the day is not the way to catch fish. What Jesus asked Peter to do not only contradicted his experience, knowledge, history, background and training, but it also contradicted his instincts.

Thankfully for Peter, even though he complained, he eventually did the thing that Jesus asked him to do. And because he did, we read that, “they enclosed a great quantity of fish, and their nets began to break ….”

Do you know how many fish it takes to break a fisherman’s net? If we were to ask Paul, he would probably tell us, “exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think….”[ii]

Most of the time, faith makes no earthly sense.

A 19-year old is not a child. He's a young man. Old enough to have a drivers license, to vote, to serve in the Armed Forces. He's also considered an adult in the eyes of the law, and emancipated from his parents' authority.
But what does God say about a 19 year old?

Pastor Tony Evans says it like this, "What God asks you to do doesn’t make sense. Talk to any fisherman who has worked on the Sea of Galilee and they will tell you that putting a net into the deep waters in the day is not the way to catch fish. What Jesus asked Peter to do not only contradicted his experience, knowledge, history, background and training, but it also contradicted his instincts.

Thankfully for Peter, even though he complained, he eventually did the thing that Jesus asked him to do. And because he did, we read that, “they enclosed a great quantity of fish, and their nets began to break ….”

Do you know how many fish it takes to break a fisherman’s net? If we were to ask Paul, he would probably tell us, “exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think….”[ii]

Most of the time, faith makes no earthly sense.
Usually faith has been quite sensible for me. This is all fine and dandy to talk about how others are so spiritually lacking for not doing what you recommend, so I'll ask you for the third time, and then I won't ask again but will take your silence as your answer if you choose to be silent; When was the last time you stared down the barrel of a gun in the hands of a murderous teenage gangster? Maybe even had him fire a shot or several at you? Or perhaps experienced something similar, like having a teenager set of a bomb close enough to you that you lost some body parts from the blast? When you have done this and honestly felt that this gunman or bomber was nothing but a poor lost child who doesn't know right from wrong, then you (or anyone else, pastor or not) will have earned the right to preach to those of us who have experienced this or experienced similar things.

Despite the scripture you point out, I am simply not convinced that someone like Moses would allow a teenage thug to commit mass murder among his own people and not do something about it. There must be more to the story that shows it in a much different light than the one you are shining on it and I would have to do a lot of looking into that part of history to learn more about it. But if this was true, I really think we would have heard about the mass murders and murderous teens running rampant in their society. Yet we don't hear (or read) one word about that. However, I live as a New Testament Christian and I see no instructions in the New Testament to Christians to allow people under the age of 20 to literally get away with murder.

At any rate, there's not much more I can say on this. I await your story of the time you faced immanent death at the hands of a capable and willing teenager and simply allowed him to do as he wished with no consequences for it simply because he was "under the age of 20". At that point I will have reason to heed what you say to those of us who have actually experienced this and simply weren't willing to lay down and die rather than stop this kind of thing from happening whether through self defense or through prosecuting to the full extent of the laws that were in force in the time and place.

I dont believe a human... person judge or jury can inter-fear with God's will... The example we have in a death sentence / salvation thing is here

Luk 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
Luk 23:40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
Luk 23:41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
Luk 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

How do we know that God had anything to do with the jury's decision?

Was it God's will that Adam and Eve, sinless people, eat from the tree of knowledge?

Romans 13:4, supports the "death penalty". The sword is the symbol of the right of the State to inflict Capitol punishment for Capitol crimes. The minister is not a Preacher of the Gospel, but a servant of the State. The State, as ordained by God, can use whatever force is necessary to stop "evil" i.e., crime.

But will Jesus apply it to a 19 year old?
We are told to pray for our governmental leaders that God's will, will be done by them so that we can live peaceful lives. Obviously they don't always make Godly decisions.

Is life in prison mercy given all the inmates want you dead?
I didn't say that. It may be a far worse punishment. But that person is still alive to come to know the Lord.
When this article was first posted here my first response was, well good, he is getting what he deserves and I almost posted that. But then I kept thinking about how young he is and how he was raised and how confused adults can get, never mind a teenager.

Because our secular government says that one can drive at 16, serve the country at 18, be legally considered an adult by the government, does not mean that it is God's will.
Teenagers are NOT more mature now than they were even 50 yrs. ago. Is that their fault or the fault of their parents and society in general?

If we are sure that God determines the outcome of every secular court case that involves someone's life or many lives then we have to believe that God determined the outcome of Roe vs Wade and the many challenges to that law since.
I just don't believe that and anyone who does should not be praying against God's will for it to be changed.

Usually faith has been quite sensible for me. This is all fine and dandy to talk about how others are so spiritually lacking for not doing what you recommend, so I'll ask you for the third time, and then I won't ask again but will take your silence as your answer if you choose to be silent; When was the last time you stared down the barrel of a gun in the hands of a murderous teenage gangster? Maybe even had him fire a shot or several at you? Or perhaps experienced something similar, like having a teenager set of a bomb close enough to you that you lost some body parts from the blast? When you have done this and honestly felt that this gunman or bomber was nothing but a poor lost child who doesn't know right from wrong, then you (or anyone else, pastor or not) will have earned the right to preach to those of us who have experienced this or experienced similar things.

Despite the scripture you point out, I am simply not convinced that someone like Moses would allow a teenage thug to commit mass murder among his own people and not do something about it. There must be more to the story that shows it in a much different light than the one you are shining on it and I would have to do a lot of looking into that part of history to learn more about it. But if this was true, I really think we would have heard about the mass murders and murderous teens running rampant in their society. Yet we don't hear (or read) one word about that. However, I live as a New Testament Christian and I see no instructions in the New Testament to Christians to allow people under the age of 20 to literally get away with murder.

At any rate, there's not much more I can say on this. I await your story of the time you faced immanent death at the hands of a capable and willing teenager and simply allowed him to do as he wished with no consequences for it simply because he was "under the age of 20". At that point I will have reason to heed what you say to those of us who have actually experienced this and simply weren't willing to lay down and die rather than stop this kind of thing from happening whether through self defense or through prosecuting to the full extent of the laws that were in force in the time and place.
Yes, this secular world we live in can be evil. That's why God sends ambassadors, to show folk and tell folk what love looks like from above. Nobody knows their death sentence on their life. But I do know this, nothing passes through God fingers first without Him knowing about it, allowing it, or sometimes sending it. Sometimes God will allow the thing He hates the most to accomplish the thing He loves. We learn from the book of Hebrews 11:38 that there are some people on this earth that only belong in heaven. Also see Isa. 57:1-2 NLT

To answer your question have I ever been in a crisis that involved the things you have describe above, the answer is yes! Far worst! But God...

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back