Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Justin Case

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yes,.
I find the topic of God's Holiness and Jesus' Holiness, death, and subsequent resurrection especially a great topic. It's the very foundation of our faith.

Jesus overcame death because of his holy nature AND had the perfect answer to our sin problem when we meet our Maker.

John,

I've been reading through this thread on holiness and have been wondering if I should share this with the folks reading this thread. It's the flip side of holiness that I've experienced in the church I've been attending.

This pastor preached the occasional sermon on holiness and was an expository preacher who worked his way through books of the Bible in Sunday preaching.

But what did he do to my marriage and his own marriage? He has run off with my wife, the leading pianist in the church, and committed adultery with her. As a result of his actions he has been defrocked, deposed as a minister in that denomination. He is not likely to be reinstated because of his age.

But his preaching of holiness was useless as it made no impact on his life. All this preacher has done has decimated my marriage of 48.5 years and wrecked his own marriage.

I grieve over my wife who fell for his deceiving tricks or lies. His preaching on holiness and sanctification did not change his behaviour. The denominational hierarchy told him that he must not see my wife again. But what did I find today on my way to the supermarket? My wife and him together. Talk about holiness with hypocrisy.

This may be a bad example of what can happen, but we need to be aware that preachers not only need to preach holiness but also to live it. We'll see it in a demonstration of holiness in their lives.

Now I've got that off my chest, I can head off for a night's sleep.

Oz

John,

I've been reading through this thread on holiness and have been wondering if I should share this with the folks reading this thread. It's the flip side of holiness that I've experienced in the church I've been attending.

This pastor preached the occasional sermon on holiness and was an expository preacher who worked his way through books of the Bible in Sunday preaching.

But what did he do to my marriage and his own marriage? He has run off with my wife, the leading pianist in the church, and committed adultery with her. As a result of his actions he has been defrocked, deposed as a minister in that denomination. He is not likely to be reinstated because of his age.

But his preaching of holiness was useless as it made no impact on his life. All this preacher has done has decimated my marriage of 48.5 years and wrecked his own marriage.

I grieve over my wife who fell for his deceiving tricks or lies. His preaching on holiness and sanctification did not change his behaviour. The denominational hierarchy told him that he must not see my wife again. But what did I find today on my way to the supermarket? My wife and him together. Talk about holiness with hypocrisy.

This may be a bad example of what can happen, but we need to be aware that preachers not only need to preach holiness but also to live it. We'll see it in a demonstration of holiness in their lives.

Now I've got that off my chest, I can head off for a night's sleep.

Oz
Nighty nite there Oz,

Your pastor and former wife have a large price to pay here on Earth and afterwards for their behavior.
Your story isn't the only one I've heard. The second half of this story has yet to unfold.
Just like Pharaoh and Egypt had to pay a price for "touching" the holy nation of Israel with the plagues...Your wife and pastor have a price to pay as well. I've seen this happen many times. It isn't going to be pretty.
This is why we pray for our enemies. The price they pay for their actions against us are exhorbitantly high.
Neither of those two are in for a pleasant future. It's going to be tortured and pain filled. They exceeded "common grace" with extreme prejudice. Holiness of your congregation and the universe will get it's way. Then the day that they meet their Maker is coming as well. And since their lives spoke of self indulgence and uncaring, regardless of all the many words they spoke contrary, they will have a very difficult time when facing Jesus.

It would have been so much better for them if they never knew the Gospel than for them to know and turn their backs on it in such a fashion.

I know that this has to hurt you horribly. You will recover... Probably with "bells on". (Seen that quite often too).
Hang in there and live well. (It's the best revenge for divorce)

Nighty nite there Oz,

Your pastor and former wife have a large price to pay here on Earth and afterwards for their behavior.
Your story isn't the only one I've heard. The second half of this story has yet to unfold.
Just like Pharaoh and Egypt had to pay a price for "touching" the holy nation of Israel with the plagues...Your wife and pastor have a price to pay as well. I've seen this happen many times. It isn't going to be pretty.
This is why we pray for our enemies. The price they pay for their actions against us are exhorbitantly high.
Neither of those two are in for a pleasant future. It's going to be tortured and pain filled. They exceeded "common grace" with extreme prejudice. Holiness of your congregation and the universe will get it's way. Then the day that they meet their Maker is coming as well. And since their lives spoke of self indulgence and uncaring, regardless of all the many words they spoke contrary, they will have a very difficult time when facing Jesus.

It would have been so much better for them if they never knew the Gospel than for them to know and turn their backs on it in such a fashion.

I know that this has to hurt you horribly. You will recover... Probably with "bells on". (Seen that quite often too).
Hang in there and live well. (It's the best revenge for divorce)

John,

Thank you for your encouragement. It has brought deep hurt for me with lots of practical ramification, e.g. finances, accommodation, etc.

I was at that church for the public announcement of the defrocking of the minister (my choice to go and my 44 year old son accompanied me). He had a suspicion something strange was going on as he played bass guitar in a jazz band with his mother and the pastor.

I've had enormous love, care and support from the cell group of another church I attend. Members of the group invite me over for meals. I regularly teach the Bible study in that group. Did it last Wed and will do again this week.

Blessings,
Oz

I grieve for your loss, and for your son's loss.

Can you forgive your wife for being human, and being deceived? As I read your account, my mind flashed to Eden, and I was wondering how Adam felt when Satan deceived Eve.

It is important for preachers to make sure that they are examples to the flock in all ways, and that unless a preacher repents of leading any of those souls to whom God entrusted to him astray, he shall face a double portion of punishment. That is one thought that scared me whenever I went in front of the church to speak, and to see what my life was like.

In all of this, the key to your survival is your relationship with Jesus Christ. Let Him comfort you and guide you, and even when you feel like "kicking Him in the shin for all the hurt that befell you" you have to remember that He still loves you unconditionally. That is something that is as unchanging as it is solid rock on which to stand.

Have you read through the book of Hosea recently? It is a good read, and I believe that you will find it comforting.

What the mod posted is true
Your wife and pastor have a price to pay as well. I've seen this happen many times. It isn't going to be pretty.

When God says "touch not my anointed" he means exactly that. I have seen horrible things happen to those who hurt their pastor, and at one time, Holy Spirit led me to a scene where a tormenting former boss got his come comeuppance from God. As I drove by the shell of his home, I distinctly heard the same voice that led me to that place say, "this is what happens to those who touch my anointed" It took my breath away. That is why you must keep your accounts with God short, and be focused on Him.

How will you know if you have forgiven your former wife? Sometime, in years to come, you will hear something good that God is working in her life, and your first reaction will be to say, "Praise God for that!" It cannot be manufactured, so do not try to rush it, but it will come, and after saying that, you will then get a double blessing.

That I also know from experience.

I grieve for your loss, and for your son's loss.

Can you forgive your wife for being human, and being deceived? As I read your account, my mind flashed to Eden, and I was wondering how Adam felt when Satan deceived Eve.

It is important for preachers to make sure that they are examples to the flock in all ways, and that unless a preacher repents of leading any of those souls to whom God entrusted to him astray, he shall face a double portion of punishment. That is one thought that scared me whenever I went in front of the church to speak, and to see what my life was like.

In all of this, the key to your survival is your relationship with Jesus Christ. Let Him comfort you and guide you, and even when you feel like "kicking Him in the shin for all the hurt that befell you" you have to remember that He still loves you unconditionally. That is something that is as unchanging as it is solid rock on which to stand.

Have you read through the book of Hosea recently? It is a good read, and I believe that you will find it comforting.

What the mod posted is true

When God says "touch not my anointed" he means exactly that. I have seen horrible things happen to those who hurt their pastor, and at one time, Holy Spirit led me to a scene where a tormenting former boss got his come comeuppance from God. As I drove by the shell of his home, I distinctly heard the same voice that led me to that place say, "this is what happens to those who touch my anointed" It took my breath away. That is why you must keep your accounts with God short, and be focused on Him.

How will you know if you have forgiven your former wife? Sometime, in years to come, you will hear something good that God is working in her life, and your first reaction will be to say, "Praise God for that!" It cannot be manufactured, so do not try to rush it, but it will come, and after saying that, you will then get a double blessing.

That I also know from experience.

By Grace,

My wife has already been to seek my forgiveness and I have granted that to her. However, she is not interested in reconciliation.

She has had a bad disease for 30 years, polycythemia rubra vera (abnormal growth of red blood cells) and we knew it could turn to leukaemia at any time. It did that in June 2016. She was given 3-5 years but could live longer because of a new expensive drug she is on ($5,000 per month) that the govt pays for. She pays $6.30.

Some of these factors seem to be playing a part in her strange decision. My Dr told me that when people are diagnosed with a terminal condition, they sometimes engage in some unpredictable behaviour.

Oz

The Bible is rife with stories of those who treated the Holy as common.
Aaron's son's...They got burned up. They thought that they should be in leadership...And possibly had a drinking problem.

Gehazi...Tried to profit from a Gentile's healing but got leprosy.

Herod (beheaded John the Baptist) rotted from the inside out when the day came that he didn't give God the credit for his position at a public speech. (Lost all family, friends, respect, and position in the year long process of dying)

Annanias and Sapphira died instantly by trying to lie and keep what they publicly promised to God.

Paul...Played a role in killing Stephan. Persecuted many Christians. As a result he was beaten, left for dead, thrown out like garbage, hunted and jailed. He died at the hands of a riot. God forgives but the Earth doesn't because it isn't cognizant.

Be very careful of the holy. Mistakes are very expensive. God will forgive, man might forgive, the Earth never forgives or forgets.

Back