Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study KJVO and the Strongs Concordance

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Sorry, but can you make this a link we can click on, thank you
Here is one link: https://www.jesusisprecious.org/wolves/james_strong.htm

Here is a link to a photocopy of the book: https://archive.org/details/book-bible-gail-riplinger-hazardous-materials/mode/2up

Gail Riplinger is one of the last people that should be quoted as an authority on textual matters. She not only has zero qualifications and is not a biblical scholar of any sort (she's an interior designer, iirc), she attacks others who are legitimate Bible scholars, at least some of whom are highly respected in their fields of expertise (such as Metzger, p. 136 in book linked above). Riplinger appears to be only a tool of the enemy to sow division in the body of Christ.

Last edited:
Here is one link: https://www.jesusisprecious.org/wolves/james_strong.htm

Here is a link to a photocopy of the book: https://archive.org/details/book-bible-gail-riplinger-hazardous-materials/mode/2up

Gail Riplinger is one of the last people that should be quoted as an authority on textual matters. She not only has zero qualifications and is not a biblical scholar of any sort (she's an interior designer, iirc), she attacks others who are legitimate Bible scholars, at least some of whom are highly respected in their fields of expertise (such as Metzger, p. 136 in book linked above). Riplinger appears to be only a tool of the enemy to sow division in the body of Christ.
Thank you for those links.

Upon looking up information on David J. Stewart I found nothing to be true in what he tries to expose and he is also into Necromancy. Sorry, but I can not take anything he says to be true as he never claimed to ever be a Christian and was also charged with child abuse.

Here is one link I found of interest: avasglo.com David J. Stewart
You might have to type this into your search engine if you can not link to it. There are many other sites, but this one disturbed me the most.

No one said Strong was a "bad person." Rather, he was an unbeliever. Anyone who follows up on the documentation provided will come to the same obvious conclusion.

The misdirecting vitriol in this thread is classic evangelical Christianity (at its worst). No one here has checked the documentation, yet they all have an opinion that can't wait to be spewed. The result of this mistake is that is we have postings like the OP where people seek the approbation of other men for wisdom, rather than seek the Holy Spirit for wisdom.

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. (James 1:5)

...they gave me a King James Version Open Bible, in which is my Bible of choice. I wasn't long reading until I saw the need for a Strongs Exhaustive Concordance with Hebrew and Greek dictionaries.
This person did not seek the Lord on the issue, but rather descended to men.

Scripture tells us many times to trust no man. Indeed, we should not trust any man, including ourselves. The Bible says, "Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide: keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom" (Micah 7:5). It also says "Take ye heed every one of his neighbour, and trust ye not in any brother: for every brother will utterly supplant, and every neighbour will walk with slanders" (Jeremiah 9:4), "He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered" (Proverbs 28:26), "But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead" (2 Corinthians 1:9), "Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? if any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's" (2 Corinthians 10:7), "Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD" (Jeremiah 17:5), and finally, "Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit." (Jeremiah 7:8)

The ad hominem argument usually weakens a persons position in the eyes of the thinking man. The prophet of God didn’t tell the donkey that anything he had to utter was useless because, after all, he’s only a donkey.

No one said Strong was a "bad person." Rather, he was an unbeliever. Anyone who follows up on the documentation provided will come to the same obvious conclusion.
Be very careful in judging someone’s salvation, especially from afar, based on second or third hand information. And all the more so if it comes from Gail Riplinger.

The misdirecting vitriol in this thread is classic evangelical Christianity (at its worst).
And what of the vitriol from Riplinger? While I won’t judge her salvation, she is a bad person.

No one here has checked the documentation, yet they all have an opinion that can't wait to be spewed.
Have you checked the documentation on Riplinger?

The result of this mistake is that is we have postings like the OP where people seek the approbation of other men for wisdom, rather than seek the Holy Spirit for wisdom.

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. (James 1:5)

Scripture tells us many times to trust no man. Indeed, we should not trust any man, including ourselves. The Bible says, "Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide: keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom" (Micah 7:5). It also says "Take ye heed every one of his neighbour, and trust ye not in any brother: for every brother will utterly supplant, and every neighbour will walk with slanders" (Jeremiah 9:4), "He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered" (Proverbs 28:26), "But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead" (2 Corinthians 1:9), "Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? if any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's" (2 Corinthians 10:7), "Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD" (Jeremiah 17:5), and finally, "Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit." (Jeremiah 7:8)
This is a far too simplistic and unbiblical understanding (for instance, see 1 Cor 2:6-7,13; 12:28; Eph 4;11; Col 1:28; 3:16; Heb 5:12).

The misdirecting vitriol in this thread is classic evangelical Christianity (at its worst). No one here has checked the documentation, yet they all have an opinion that can't wait to be spewed. The result of this mistake is that is we have postings like the OP where people seek the approbation of other men for wisdom, rather than seek the Holy Spirit for wisdom.

In post # 4 You claimed Strong as an unbeliever and being bias.
In post # 5 you continue to discredit Strong
In post # 21 Free gave a link to David J. Stewart discrediting Young, but upon looking up David J. Stewart he in himself is discredited in his accusations.
In post #22 you give another link, but there is no author of who wrote this.

Reading through all these links all I see is man's writings having no real proof, but only his own issues in trying to discredit someone he deems dangerous.

We have many witnesses here, yet no one has bothered to perform due diligence, instead lazily stooping to character assassination. Until one has followed up on the documentation, opinions remain forfeit.

Before Jesus’ trial the high priest, who was pivotal in his death, made a statement that the disciples credited it as a true prophesy from God. There was also an incident when God spoke through a donkey.

There’s a time to receive what another says regardless of their character. These are judged by the truth of what is being said, not by the reliability of the speaker.

However, if a person claims they ARE a prophet or apostle or spokesman for God as who they are, then character is everything. We can receive a true word but we don’t follow a false man.

It’s like Jesus telling his disciples to receive the things the pharisees told them “do as they say” but do not do as they do.

Now judging all that Riplinger shared by the bits of her thinking that one rejects is inviting others to reject everything one says because there are some bits we haven’t gotten right. Do we want others to call us nasty names because we don’t yet have all truth?

He has shown you, O Christian, what is good and what the Lord REQUIRES of you. And that is to DO justly by others and to love MERCY (forgive others) and to walk humbly with your God.

We have many witnesses here, yet no one has bothered to perform due diligence, instead lazily stooping to character assassination. Until one has followed up on the documentation, opinions remain forfeit.
I know Riplinger's writings very well. I have a 48 page PDF of her errors.

I know Riplinger's writings very well. I have a 48 page PDF of her errors.
I wonder how many pages your errors occupy in Gods book. You keep a record of hers surely it’s only fair He keeps a record of yours.

As you judge so you will be judged. The measure you give out will be applied to you.

I wonder how many pages your errors occupy in Gods book. You keep a record of hers surely it’s only fair He keeps a record of yours.

As you judge so you will be judged. The measure you give out will be applied to you.
Perhaps you need to go back and read some posts a little more closely, but you certainly need to investigate Gail Riplinger. This is not a matter of taking small bits of things she’s said and forming judgments. It’s based on a lot of what she has written. Several scholars have shown just how erroneous her teachings are; she is a false teacher. Her opinion on anything to do with biblical interpretation, manuscript evidence, textual criticism, etc., is automatically suspect. All she has succeeded in doing is needlessly and recklessly dividing the body of Christ, and that based on false teachings.

https://www.aomin.org/aoblog/king-james-onlyism/new-age-bible-versions-refuted/

https://www.aomin.org/aoblog/king-james-onlyism/new-age-bible-versions-refuted-part-ii/

Perhaps you need to go back and read some posts a little more closely, but you certainly need to investigate Gail Riplinger. This is not a matter of taking small bits of things she’s said and forming judgments. It’s based on a lot of what she has written. Several scholars have shown just how erroneous her teachings are; she is a false teacher. Her opinion on anything to do with biblical interpretation, manuscript evidence, textual criticism, etc., is automatically suspect. All she has succeeded in doing is needlessly and recklessly dividing the body of Christ, and that based on false teachings.

https://www.aomin.org/aoblog/king-james-onlyism/new-age-bible-versions-refuted/

https://www.aomin.org/aoblog/king-james-onlyism/new-age-bible-versions-refuted-part-ii/
I have heard a lot worse in christendom, a lot more damaging.

I’ll be surprised if some end up in hell for believing what she says whereas I’m very sure some will end up there because they believed the lies certain false teachers taught.

Last edited:
I have heard a lot worse in christendom, a lot more damaging.

I’ll be surprised if some end up in hell for believing what she says whereas I’m very sure some will end up there because they believed the lies certain false teachers taught.
Where does the Bible gives such justification for false teachers, especially those who display such spiritual pride and extreme ignorance? Where does the Bible give justification for sin?

I have read through those websites and only see someone claiming an accusation towards another without any actual proof. There is always others that try to discredit things as they jump on a bandwagon of rumors, slander and false accusations. David J. Stewart can not be trusted.

2Timothy 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
2Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Timothy 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Back