Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lesson 3 Comments, Questions, thoughts...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi Jim.

I was wondering why Abram didn't take Nahor and Haran yet he took Lot who was Haran's son. So I read up trying to find out why. From what I can make out Haran may have died by then but I could not find out about Nahor. Do we know if they both died before being told to leave? Or any other reason why they didn't go?

Also Abram was very naughty to leave Sarai to play scrabble.

Milcah bore 8 children to Nahor, her uncle! They were all very naughty.

Sodom and Gomorrah - so few people saved reminds me of Noah and his family. It also makes me think of the same sins of these two cities being so rampant in today's big cities

Last edited:
Seems to me there are conditions between God and Abraham.
Gen 17:8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
Gen 17:9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
Gen 17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
Gen 17:11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
Gen 17:12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
Gen 17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
Gen 17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

Gen 18:18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
Gen 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Gen 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Hi Jim.

I was wondering why Abram didn't take Nahor and Haran yet he took Lot who was Haran's son. So I read up trying to find out why. From what I can make out Haran may have died by then but I could not find out about Nahor. Do we know if they both died before being told to leave? Or any other reason why they didn't go?

Also Abram was very naughty to leave Sarai to play scrabble.

Milcah bore 8 children to Nahor, her uncle! They were all very naughty.

Sodom and Gomorrah - so few people saved reminds me of Noah and his family. It also makes me think of the same sins of these two cities being so rampant in today's big cities

What is with everyone!? I'm pretty sure that Scrabble didn't exist in that time period. :lol

I'm a little disappointed. I wanted to be in on this, but so much work and distractions and everything. I haven't even did the first lesson yet. :angry

IDefinitely not boring. Very Interesting and learning new things for which I am grateful.
Wasn't sure if we are supposed to post our answers or just keep them to ourselves.

IDefinitely not boring. Very Interesting and learning new things for which I am grateful.
Wasn't sure if we are supposed to post our answers or just keep them to ourselves.
Either way is ok.
The questions are just for review.
BUt please post any questions or insights you may have.

I'm not going to lie to you, some parts are more interesting to me than others,.. (I have a hunch you already know what I'm talking about here) but in general it's very interesting to me.

Back