Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Lets Talk About God's Will to heal.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I was used to stop a Tornado, we should not be afraid of them. Your also misquoting a scripture about it rains on the just and unjust. Be careful about what you say about the Lord. He is faithful to warn of any car wreck, and has never let any believer down who listen to him and obey's him.

Pro 26:2 kjva As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.

Every sickness and disease is meantioned under the curse Deut 28. The curse does not come on a persons life without a reason. It may or may not be their fault, the devil does attack, but there is always a reason, and God is faithful to tell us things to come and lead us out of evil and temptations.

why do people age? can you honestly say that when im 80 and im amble to walk that I could at that age get out and walk a ten minute pace as I do know and then go run a five miler after work? our bodies are slowly perishing. they are under the adamic curse and will die as God ordained. so I ask, why do men that believe as you do need glasses? they didn't have those then under pauls day as we do now, nor hearing aids.

im paraphrasing this. for our outer man perishes daily but our inner man grows stronger day by day.

What a wonderful, true, Scriptural response. You have done a fantastic job of presenting Scripture that proves the purpose of this thread. A lot of folk have negative opinions, problem is, they are just opinions and we don't put our faith and belief in man's opinions. So, your post is an excellent teaching. Thank you.

If it's truly God's will to heal all who are sick, why does He have the one who is ill go to the elders for prayer? Why doesn't He simply heal the illness?

Hey folks. I recognize the natural aging process that we all must endure. And that aging process finally ends in old age with death. Today death is around 70 to 80 for a normal lifespan....I'm speaking about a disease that comes upon us early in life. In other words, robbing us of a full life.

If it's truly God's will to heal all who are sick, why does He have the one who is ill go to the elders for prayer? Why doesn't He simply heal the illness?

Gary, I'm sure that Jesus does heal outside of a church situation. Calling for the elders for healing is just one of the ways. Thank you for that question.

Hey folks. I recognize the natural aging process that we all must endure. And that aging process finally ends in old age with death. Today death is around 70 to 80 for a normal lifespan....I'm speaking about a disease that comes upon us early in life. In other words, robbing us of a full life.
sometimes in primitive cultures and third world nations the normal life span is about 50 at the most. ie Afghanistan and that area and parts of Africa and india. we cant just ignore what sanitation and sewer grids do. we cant ignore that also modern food codes also have played a part. those the gmo thing is for another thread.

What a wonderful, true, Scriptural response. You have done a fantastic job of presenting Scripture that proves the purpose of this thread. A lot of folk have negative opinions, problem is, they are just opinions and we don't put our faith and belief in man's opinions. So, your post is an excellent teaching. Thank you.
Chopper, It is not negative. It is biblical. God heals and sometimes He does not. Physically God has never 100% healed anyone. We all die.

Sometimes it is His will for us to suffer.
1 Peter 4:19 (NASB95)
19 Therefore, those also who suffer according to the will of God shall entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right.

16 but if anyone suffers as a Christian, he is not to be ashamed, but is to glorify God in this name.

What we may be doing here is shaming those that suffer. By saying things like," they have sin in their life,they don't have enough faith,God ALWAYS wills that we are healed." And in reality they are Glorifying God in their suffering. We are on a very slippery slope as Christians to say "God wills everyone to be healed." It can actually shame a Brother that is truly glorifying God through their suffering.

On the other side of the Coin, sometimes it is Gods will that we are sick or even to die. Divine discipline.
1 Corinthians 11:30 (NASB95)
30 For this reason many among you are weak and sick, and a number sleep.

It is in our nature to want all the Good that Christ has brought us. But we can't forget that we share in His sufferings also.

13but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation.

1. Rejection by His own people, Isa.53:3; cp. Jn.1:11.
2. Could not tap into His deity for His own benefit, Phil.2:5-8.
3. Betrayal by a close associate, Ps.41:9; cp. Mt.10:4.
4. Forsaken by His disciples, Zech.13:7; cp. Mk.14:50.
5. Accused by false witnesses, Ps.35:11; cp. Mt.26:5961.
6. Hit and spit upon, Isa.50:6; cp. Mt.26:67; Lk.22:63.
7. Mocked, Ps.22:7,8; cp. Mt.27:31.
8. Scourged, Mt.27:26.
9. Hands and feet pierced, Ps.22:16; cp. Lk.23:33; Jn.20:25.
10. Crucified with thieves, Isa.53:12; cp. Mt.27:38.
11. Rejected by His own family, Jn.7:5.
12. Hated for no reason, Ps.69:4; cp. Jn.15:25.
13. Friends stood at a distance, Ps.38:11; cp. Lk.23:49.
14. People shaking their heads, Ps.109:25; cp. Mt.27:39.
15. Garments removed and divided, Ps.22:18; cp. Jn.19:23,24.
16. Stared at, Ps.22:17; cp. Lk.23:35.
17. Suffered thirst, for which gall and vinegar were offered Him, Ps.69:21; cp. Mt.27:34; cp. Jn.19:28.

Rom 5:3~~New American Standard Bible
And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance;

I will give an example of God's will using people's illness for his glory. My dad has 3 brothers and 2 sisters. My father in law has 3 sisters. Both my dad and my father in law lost their youngest siblings (sisters) to cancer. "youngest". In all the family, these youngest sisters had the most faith in God. He brought them into the kingdom, so that the others are slowly being brought in also. Now, it probably could go the other way (resenting God and moving away from him)..........but not in these families.

Gary, I'm sure that Jesus does heal outside of a church situation. Calling for the elders for healing is just one of the ways. Thank you for that question.

That's asking to be healed. It's not the same thing. If it was God's will that all diseases be healed, He would heal them, no questions asked. He wouldn't have people go to the elders for prayer, He would simply heal them.

The cancer wards of children's hospitals are clear indicators that God does not heal all diseases.

This may be negative, but it's true.

This is like saying God is in Control of Everything.....He is in total control in Heaven but here on earth he has given many things under the control of man. God NEVER EVER will put a sickness on any one for anay reason.
You say there is a reason for everything that happens....Agreed HOWEVER...it is NOT all GOD...God isnot the reason many things happen.....

Mat_28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

To me... He has all power.... that simple... the Scripture plainly say so ... Are there some verses that explain away Mat 28:18

Reba Hello,
I do not understand what you are saying. Can you word it different for me. Thank You

Does Jesus have all power? I see no scripture that tell us mankind is in control of His power...
Heaven but here on earth he has given many things under the control of man
Can you show me a passage telling us He abdicated His power. I do not see mans will 'stronger then the will of God.

Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Job 1:1~~1 There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job; and that man was blameless, upright, fearing God and turning away from evil.
New American Standard Bible
Job 1:8~~The LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil."......The greatest believer on the earth!!!!!

What is going on here Mike, is suffering for blessing. If this Is Jobs fault, what do you suppose the #2, #3 and #4 believer on earth went through!?! Why was Job So blessed at the end?
1 Peter 4:19 (NASB95)
19 Therefore, those also who suffer according to the will of God shall entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right.

As to permission?

Job 1:12~~12 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not put forth your hand on him.” So Satan departed from the presence of the LORD.

Job 2:6~~6 So the LORD said to Satan, “Behold, he is in your power, only spare his life.”

Job 42:10~~ 10The LORD restored the fortunes of Job when he prayed for his friends, and the LORD increased all that Job had twofold. 11Then all his brothers and all his sisters and all who had known him before came to him, and they ate bread with him in his house; and they consoled him and comforted him for all the adversities that the LORD had brought on him. And each one gave him one piece of money, and each a ring of gold.

Job never cursed God, He may have questioned things, but he never cursed God.
A Babe in Christ will never be tested like Job. But a person of Great faith and is well advanced in true doctrine and is spiritually mature may have the privilege to be tested like Job and bring ultimate glory to God.

Thank you Gr8grace3. My own son had terminal cancer, Wife left for another guy, all while I had been saved. No doubt the flood does come.

I'll try out of respect for your Word knowledge be brief. I'll let you examine on your own.

1) The Godly shall suffer persecution. There is persecution for the Word's sake. (Mark 4)
The devil is a butt head, no question. The Ungodly also suffer many things, but without God and without hope, unlike us. God is not responsible for any of it, but is our helper in time of need.

2) The Lord did not bring evil on Job. (Job 42:11) That is what they said. We know who brought the evil on Job.

Job 42:11 kjva Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.

Job 1:16 kjva While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

Just because they said, and they comforted Job for evil God did, does not mean THEY is Correct. Satan brought the fire, and Satan murdered the kids.

A whole lot of things Job said is also not correct, but I won't post all those.

3) God never gave the devil permission to do anything.
Follow the conversation. Satan walks in, God asked if you have considered my servant Job. There is no man more upright than Job.

Satan says, (All Lies of course as there is ZERO truth in him (John 8:44)) Does Job serve God for nothing? You put your hands on Him God, hurt him real good and Job will Bless you back to your face. (Bless or Barak just means to acknolwedge back or salute back for something done)

Satan did not use any Hebrew word for Curse, He used the Word bless which means to salute back or acknowledge back for something done. Translated bless, blessed except in Job as I don't think the translators knew what to do with the Word.

Job 1:11 YLT The work of his hands Thou hast blessed, and his substance hath spread in the land, and yet, put forth, I pray Thee, Thy hand, and strike against anything that he hath--if not: to Thy face he doth bless Thee!'

Job 1:10-11 kjv+ 10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed (BARAK) the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. 11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse (BARAK) thee to thy face.

Job did exactly what Satan said he would do.

However, Satan is a liar, and wanted God to harm Job. God is not going to be tempted with evil or does God have anything to prove to a disobedient angel.

Since God said harming Job has no purpose or cause, and God was not going to harm Job. God said. (Job 2:3)

Pay attention, Job is in your power, don't kill him.

That is not a premissive statement. It just means pay attention, Job was already in the power of Satan. Job had done something to give the rat a place.

4) Elihu remindes us God does not do wickedly, and renders to every man according to his way.

Having a mans children murdered who serves you is Wicked. At least here in Branson MO. You go to prison for doing that.

Job 34:11-12 kjv+ 11 For the work of a man shall he render unto him, and cause every man to find according to his ways. 12 Yea, surely God will not do wickedly, neither will the Almighty pervert judgment.

Elihu tells us Job got according to his way, and God is not going to pervert his Word to save Job. He also tells us God would never have the mans kids killed, make Job sick and take all his stuff. That is wicked.

That tells us Job did something wrong to give the devil a place.

Eph 4:27 kjv+ Neither give place to the devil.

Satan's Theme to Job......... Curse God, then you die

It started with listening to the devil about his kids............ My Kids might have cursed God. So Job sacrificed for his kids out of fear of loss.

Satan had a place and attacked the day the kids got together to have a party.

Fear of loss, is not faith.

Satan brought the theme to God that He got a place to get Job........... Curse God.

Job's wife said Curse God and die..........

58 times it's written to FEAR NOT
48 Times it's written to BE NOT AFRAID
Be of good courage and so on.

Job tells us how the enemy got a place, and God will not pervert his own Word to stop the devil. Not now, not ever. God keeps His Word always.

Job 3:25 kjv+ For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

Fear gives place to the devil seeking whom he may devour.

Now you know.

Be blessed.

why do people age? can you honestly say that when im 80 and im amble to walk that I could at that age get out and walk a ten minute pace as I do know and then go run a five miler after work? our bodies are slowly perishing. they are under the adamic curse and will die as God ordained. so I ask, why do men that believe as you do need glasses? they didn't have those then under pauls day as we do now, nor hearing aids.

im paraphrasing this. for our outer man perishes daily but our inner man grows stronger day by day.

We age because God said mans years shall be 120. Man is appointed to die at sometime.

If God said it, then what can I say?

We don't have to die early, sick, or before we finish the race set before us. If you read Paul's writting he said it's time I offer myself up.

I guess there is a point after you have done all the Lord had you do, that you want to leave this place.

God never wants us to be sick, diseased or die. That is why He sent Jesus to heal us.
4a...,
The Christ Follower does not ever die! Bill Taylor is on, what the World calls, my Death Bed but that is a lie. My Carcass will expire and rot but I will be in Heaven with Jesus and the Father. The problem is people keep juxtapositioning the matter. They, foolishly,, want to live long on the Earth before the Glorified Body and that is not God's position on this. And we must always seek God's position on all things.

Through my first studies of the whole Bible God showed me this truth but it is still true, these twenty something years later.

We age because God said mans years shall be 120. Man is appointed to die at sometime.

If God said it, then what can I say?

We don't have to die early, sick, or before we finish the race set before us. If you read Paul's writting he said it's time I offer myself up.

I guess there is a point after you have done all the Lord had you do, that you want to leave this place.
not all societies have the water and cleaniless we do. so should we then note use septic tanks and do as the ancient romans and other societies did? food for thought. those do and did a lot for the longevity of man. I can go into cavities as well those are caused by a bacteria. I have had my teeth debrided while being numbed in the process yes givititis/periodontis are caused by a bacteria. common tooth maintence reduces that stuff.

not all societies have the water and cleaniless we do. so should we then note use septic tanks and do as the ancient romans and other societies did? food for thought. those do and did a lot for the longevity of man. I can go into cavities as well those are caused by a bacteria. I have had my teeth debrided while being numbed in the process yes givititis/periodontis are caused by a bacteria. common tooth maintence reduces that stuff.
I know you're speaking to Mike but that just went over my head and if you don't give me a hand up I might drown. :drool

Gotta love the double post option......... sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:

That is good to know Jason. Timothy had stomach issues and Paul told him to drink wine. From my looking through history it seemed the water supply in Paul's day was not so cool. Alchoal killed many of the harmful bacteria. So, I read.

I know you're speaking to Mike but that just went over my head and if you don't give me a hand up I might drown. :drool

ya, I gave it a shot.

The thread is about, "Is it God's will to heal" Most here, God has done some amazing things. I suspect some of us would not be here if not for God's goodness.

With my son and other things God has done miracles in my own life, I would find it impossible to think God would not do the same for someone else.

That is what bothers me about those that oppose the "healing" Doctrine. Some folks that Oppose it, God has moved mountains for.

To me, that is our Job Taylor. We know God and we take God to other folks that don't know him. From my experience all I can tell them is God is good, come join us.

Chopper just wants to see folks have all that God said we can have. He has a good heart.

Blessings.

Chopper just wants to see folks have all that God said we can have. He has a good heart.

Not all were given the same talents .
We should do our best with the talents given... we should not covet the talents of the other guy.. Ol Taylor has the talent to praise the Lord through MS... Bro Mike was given the talent to see his son through deadly cancer... Grandpa prayed Grandma back to life.

We can learn from pain and heartache.

Hebrews 12:5 And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: "My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."

Was it Satan that didn't want Jesus to go through the pain? Yes.

Matthew 16:23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

For "some things" our pain is in God's will. You can't say that all of our struggles are Satan's intentions, but some of it is to change us into the likeness of God's own Son.........

Love through dove, you have said right....we can learn from pain and heartache. But God is not the one who brings the pain and the heartache. God has ways that He wants us to follow, because they bring about peace and righteousness, they are all written in the Bible. Now if we choose to not obey, or we are having a difficult time training our flesh from worldly ways, then because we are out of God's will, we bring the pain on ourselves, because when we are in sin we open the door to the devil to come in to mess with us so to speak. James 3:16 nlt says for wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find every evil work.

In the verses that you listed above, do not say that he brings pain or bad things, only that he does correct us. God uses His Word to correct us..as in Hebrews 4:12...for the Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. And in 2 Timothy 3:16-17 it says that the scripture is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

If we would use the Word as a road map, we could live the way that God desires. Some of us (like i was) sometimes mistakenly allow the devil to bring about the bad things. The sad part is that the devil wants us to believe that it is God's fault, because if that is what we believe then it brings doubt to God's character.

Blessings to you! Thanks for bringin these verses up! I surely appreciate you!

God cannot do for us what we do not believe He can do. So only after we have renewed our minds to the Word, that says that we are healed by Jesus' stripes, and we believe that what God said is true, then He can in His power heal us.

Our words play a huge part in this, for out of the abundance of our hearts does the mouth speak.

4a...,
The Christ Follower does not ever die! Bill Taylor is on, what the World calls, my Death Bed but that is a lie. My Carcass will expire and rot but I will be in Heaven with Jesus and the Father. The problem is people keep juxtapositioning the matter. They, foolishly,, want to live long on the Earth before the Glorified Body and that is not God's position on this. And we must always seek God's position on all things.

Through my first studies of the whole Bible God showed me this truth but it is still true, these twenty something years later.

We love ya Bill! And i for one cannot wait till i see and meet you in Heaven! May peace and joy be yours in abundance! Thanks for allowing the Lord work through you always in all ways!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back