Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Lets Talk About God's Will to heal.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
When I laid hands on the sick and they were healed that would be the lords talents.
Making apple pie would be our talent. Right? The lord performs his word with signs following.
Brother Mike this kind of talents
Mat 25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

I'm going with Gar on this one. The tongue is an extension of the heart. And so it is in that sense that our words have power.

Just the simple fact that you can pray for healing out loud and not have faith in your heart, and thus not receive the healing because of a lack of faith, shows that the power is not in the leagalism of words, but in them being an expression of what's in the heart.

We can say all kinds of of things. Faith only comes from hearing the word of the lord and believing. The word causes faith if you will believe it.

I guess that could be why my oil wells have yet to show up, though I said I have lots of oil wells. Good never told me that.

Brother Mike this kind of talents
Mat 25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

That was money Reba. The money was given according to their ability, which would have been their ability to use the money. Talent is just the way the translators translated money. Apple pie sounds good though.

I know you're speaking to Mike but that just went over my head and if you don't give me a hand up I might drown. :drool
science and the idea of sanitation and which was known only the jews and then lost(though the romans did have bathe houses) and the more recent sewer grids have extended life spans. im not counting modern medicine. yes the ancients had dentistry but its was very crude.

It's not the words that are important. It's the motivation behind them.

Well, words that you believe in youtpr heart is important. Idle words we will be judged on.

Saying I will help you, when their is another motive is wrong also.

For their words are with thee but their heart is far from thee.

That was money Reba. The money was given according to their ability, which would have been their ability to use the money. Talent is just the way the translators translated money. Apple pie sounds good though.
I say the talents are figurative of the treasures of God--namely, his Word.

What have we done with the measure of his Word that we have received according to our ability to work it?

I think it important that we not judge people according to a measure of word/faith they have not received.

Brother Mike So parables are only to the exact ? no i disagree but thats ok ...

Ughhhh. Talent = money.

Talenton (Greek word) was translated talent and means sum of money, scale, coins.

Its still money in a parable and out of parable.

I endure much here and at home. My rewards will be great.

I say the talents are figurative of the treasures of God--namely, his Word.

What have we done with the measure of his Word that we have received according to our ability to work it?

I think it important that we not judge people according to a measure of word/faith they have not received.

Hence I try to find what a person can believe and work with that.

Have my to clean now. Wife glaring at me.

When I laid hands on the sick and they were healed that would be the lords talents.
Making apple pie would be our talent. Right? The lord performs his word with signs following.
AMEN! But I never did well with Apple Pie, Now... Oak Smoked Turkey or a Butter Rubbed, Fresh form the Oven loaf of White Bread and it so good it'll make slap your mama.

I know I'm already on your Christmas list (:lol), but didn't God give 120 years to that generation of Noah's time to repent, not adjust the life span of man to 120 years?
Gen 6:3 New American Standard Bible
Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."

When looked at in the context of the first 6 chapters I can't find any reason to believe that God did anything other than to shorten man's life span because living for 900 years allowed man to become evil.

We can say all kinds of of things. Faith only comes from hearing the word of the lord and believing. The word causes faith if you will believe it.

I guess that could be why my oil wells have yet to show up, though I said I have lots of oil wells. Good never told me that.
LOL! My family, on the German side, were Oil rich after my grandpa died and the allowed drilling on the big farm but my mother, being greedy, wanted her reward, right now, and she sold her portion for Oil Rights pennies on the dollar of it's real worth. I guess Satan got my money... LOL

Here's a thought. Why not post some of those scriptures you say I should be studying. The ones that say God doesn't search the heart prior to His judgments, because that's all I've said here. God searches the heart. You disagree with that. Show me where I'm wrong.

Sure no problem but first let you bring the scriptures you are useing about God searching the heart prior to judgments......While you are at it show me how this says your words dont matter and show me how it is only the motivation behind the words that count.....You bring something to the table to work with and so will I.
This is a simple and honest request.......First you show me scripture to back up your claim and then I can be able to bring scripture as well... Understand ? :thinking

I know I'm already on your Christmas list (:lol), but didn't God give 120 years to that generation of Noah's time to repent, not adjust the life span of man to 120 years?

Gen. 6:3 KJV
And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
People take the scriptures where God has told the children in the wildernes that they were not going to live but 70 years. Now this was given unto a people who were disobeying God. This was as punishment unto them.......
It stops with them......

Hi folks. Lets please try and look at this thread as a learning experience. We all have heard at one time or another that it's not God's will to heal all the time. Is it possible for us to put our hearts and brains together and examine the Scriptures that appear to support God's desire to heal. Example: Proverbs 4:20-22
Pro 4:20 My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings.
Pro 4:21 Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart.
Pro 4:22 For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh.

Can we work together to find Scriptures like this one and together make a decision whether or not it is God's will to heal? There are some wonderful men and women who teach that it is God's will to heal all the time. Do they know something that we don't know? If your child should get sick, don't you think you owe it to them that we know how to appropriate God's healing? I do, and I'm here to learn!

Gen. 6:3 KJV
And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
People take the scriptures where God has told the children in the wildernes that they were not going to live but 70 years. Now this was given unto a people who were disobeying God. This was as punishment unto them.......
It stops with them......
But by that same reasoning the days of man are, supposedly, to be 120 because of his disobedience. What's the diff?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back