Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Let's talk about homosexuality (again!)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I dunno 🤷‍♂️

Usually gay Christian means gay affirming beliefs. The very concept of sexual orientation didn’t develop until well into the 19th century. Sodomy like adultery is a sin one engages in and then stops engaging in during sanctification.

They are a corruption of the image of God we were given, and a wrongful uncontrolled lust of the flesh. And yet we can still repent and be forgiven, and let Christ cleanse of it...
Hey All,
Reddogs, everybody else, I am going to start a new thread where we can discuss this topic. I am going to post it in the apologetics forum so we can freely discuss it.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
What do you mean by biological? Are you saying that homosexuality is a result of a brain abnormality, or defect? That is an interesting theory. If it's biological, then wouldn't it be a treatable, or even curable, condition? (Please don't take my questions offensively. They are not meant to be disrespectful. I don't know how else to ask them. )

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
I apologize ahead of time. The fact that Adam and Eve were not aware of nakedness is normal. The abnormality of nakedness points to sin having entered.

Perversion of nakedness got worse later.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Not to harp on my antipsychiatry leanings yet again but…
Thank you 😊

Addiction is really a physical syndrome ideally managed by real doctors 🥼 as in…not therapists not psychiatrists. People who are addicted to most substances can be safely withdrawn in controlled settings with necessary medication etc fairly quickly and surprisingly painlessly…
But not benzodiazepines. True story! Mothers little helpers can lead to death if not tapered slowly and safely but heroin and amphetamines can be tapered fairly quickly with proper medicine 💊. Oddly enough sedatives such as Librium are useful for a very short period of time..,

Just rambling lol 😆 gay sex is not an addiction per se. I’ve seen compulsive suicidal levels of promiscuity in homosexual men that would indicate a lot wrong 😑 with the individual and their social networks but that’s not an addiction in the same sense as say x amount of cocaine heroin amphetamine per day or else suffer physical il effects.

Another rambling side note…
The rehab industry is thriving and profiteering over medicalization of overuse of illicit substances. Suicide rates and overdoses continue costs are rising but…

Apparently everyone needs treatment preferably yesterday.

Yes, God has given us all natural, physical desires toward the opposite sex. But those desires can be corrupted, twisted and exaggerated and thus made evil. Instead of correcting these corruptions of natural sexual desire, especially these days, they are preserved as "normal," and inevitable, and unchangeable. My point about the booze, and coffee, and exercise is that our desires can be changed, reoriented and brought under God's control. They aren't to control to us, but to be controlled by us.
Even so, we don't chose who we are attracted to. Sure, we can choose to abstain from a same sex relationship, drugs, booze, etc. But it doesn't change who we are on the inside. It doesn't change our thoughts. If lusting after a person is adultery in the eyes of God, then we are already guilty.

Even so, we don't chose who we are attracted to. Sure, we can choose to abstain from a same sex relationship, drugs, booze, etc. But it doesn't change who we are on the inside. It doesn't change our thoughts. If lusting after a person is adultery in the eyes of God, then we are already guilty.

Yup. Which is why God would give to us new life from Himself, if we'd take it.

God never promised 2.5 kids an above average spouse and a house in the suburbs to anyone.

I do understand that sodomy is an abomination. I think and believe God provides what believers need to bear up under the storms in each person’s life.

Some people do get married and that’s hopefully the end of their dealings with sodomy. Many cannot sustain a heterosexual marriage and that just…
Is what it is.

God never promised 2.5 kids an above average spouse and a house in the suburbs to anyone.

I do understand that sodomy is an abomination. I think and believe God provides what believers need to bear up under the storms in each person’s life.

Some people do get married and that’s hopefully the end of their dealings with sodomy. Many cannot sustain a heterosexual marriage and that just…
Is what it is.

Married for nearly twenty years, my wife and I have been unable to have children. So, no, children are not guaranteed to any married couple.

God is Himself what folks need to "bear up under the storms of life." He is our Refuge and Strength, a "very present Help in times of trouble."

Sodomy/homosexuality is, I believe, in no small part a deception of the devil. By various means, he warps the strong, natural sexual urge in people, starting early in a person's life when they are most malleable, twisting the good thing sex is into an evil, damaging counterfeit of what it should be.

No one can sustain marriage in the form God intends it to take, apart from Him. This is why so many marriage today fall apart: They aren't rooted in Him, the Ground out of which all marriages are to grow.

Sodomy/homosexuality is, I believe, in no small part a deception of the devil. By various means, he warps the strong, natural sexual urge in people, starting early in a person's life when they are most malleable, twisting the good thing sex is into an evil, damaging counterfeit of what it should be.
What's the purpose of this deception? The vast majority of people are straight and have children.

What's the purpose of this deception? The vast majority of people are straight and have children.

It's just one of the myriad ways in which the devil persuades people to depart from God, to diverge from His will into sin and destruction. It doesn't matter, really, to the devil which sin a person takes up. What matters is that they rebel against God and so move into deception and delusion and the death that waits in the shadow of these things.

To distort God's design of marriage, to diminish its significance of a sacred union, to pollute and dissolve traditional nuclear family. You think it's a "vast majority of people"? In the UK, illegitimate births have already surpassed legitimate births, the majority of people are unmarried.

To distort God's design of marriage, to diminish its significance of a sacred union, to pollute and dissolve traditional nuclear family. You think it's a "vast majority of people"? In the UK, illegitimate births have already surpassed legitimate births, the majority of people are unmarried.
So what? At least they're having children. The various countries of Europe are always complaining about declining birth rates. And yes, the vast majority of people are straight. That's a statistical fact.

So what? At least they're having children. The various countries of Europe are always complaining about declining birth rates. And yes, the vast majority of people are straight. That's a statistical fact.
No man, growing number of kids identify as anything but straight, thanks to the satanic perversion in schools. It's not in Europe, not in Taiwan, but in America, the biggest proponent and exporter of LGBTQ agenda. The majority of children are not gonna be born and raised in traditional nuclear family, they're not gonna have a father, brother or other community leader being their authority figure, they'll only have their peers, celebrities and influencers to fill that role for them, that goes against God's design, and that is dangerous.

I apologize ahead of time. The fact that Adam and Eve were not aware of nakedness is normal. The abnormality of nakedness points to sin having entered.

Perversion of nakedness got worse later.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
First of all, no infant was born with any clothing, everyone was born naked, there was no nurse who was obliged to wrap them in swaddling clothes, nor was such need in the Garden of Eden. Their awareness arose when they ate the forbidden fruit, after that the first thing they did was clothing themselves with fig leaves. Was that really - and only - because of shame? Or maybe because they felt the "cool of the day"? Not another lazy sunny day on the beach, now they felt the cold, the chill to their bones, nakedness was simply no longer an option. And God knew that, he didn't banish them from Eden immediately, he cared for their wellbeing, he even slew an innocent animal to make coats for them because fig leaves wither away, it doesn't shield them from the cold! So I'd suggest that along with sin that entered the world was that "cool of the day". The ground was cursed. It went wrong and malfunctional. It no longer privided the warmth that allowed them to be nudists anymore.

No man, growing number of kids identify as anything but straight, thanks to the satanic perversion in schools. It's not in Europe, not in Taiwan, but in America, the biggest proponent and exporter of LGBTQ agenda. The majority of children are not gonna be born and raised in traditional nuclear family, they're not gonna have a father, brother or other community leader being their authority figure, they'll only have their peers, celebrities and influencers to fill that role for them, that goes against God's design, and that is dangerous.
So what? The number grows every decade because it's now safer for people to come out as gay. There was a time when doing that could get you hurt or even killed. It's not that more people are "turning gay" or whatever. That sort of thing doesn't happen. Or it's at least very rare.

So what? The number grows every decade because it's now safer for people to come out as gay. There was a time when doing that could get you hurt or even killed. It's not that more people are "turning gay" or whatever. That sort of thing doesn't happen. Or it's at least very rare.
You're greatly deceived. Homosexuality is made, not born. It's a lifestyle, NOT an identity. You feel safer for people to "come out as gay", I feel less safer for people to come out as Christians opposing homosexuality.

You're greatly deceived. Homosexuality is made, not born. It's a lifestyle, NOT an identity. You feel safer for people to "come out as gay", I feel less safer for people to come out as Christians opposing homosexuality.
If it were a lifestyle, there would be no gay people because no sane person would choose such a thing when the alternative is so much easier.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back