Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Let's talk about homosexuality (again!)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yeah, responses like that played a big role in me rejecting Christianity.
My response is Biblical.

Believe this, it is not my response that your reject. It is the Lord Jesus Christ you reject. His truth.

You will bow to Him and answer to Him one day.

I will ask the Lord to remove your heart of stone and put in a heart of flesh.

You still have time to get on your knees to Him.

Grace and peace to you.

Do you have any actual evidence or data that every single gay couple in existence is merely play-acting their committed relationships?

Or is that something you just made up?
No evidence or data would change your mind as long as you think of homosexuality as normal and christians as haters.

Yeah, responses like that played a big role in me rejecting Christianity.
Alright, God bless. Some parting words:

"Now whatever city or town you enter, inquire who in it is worthy, and stay there till you go out. And when you go into a household, greet it. If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!"

No evidence or data would change your mind as long as you think of homosexuality as normal and christians as haters.
So it is indeed something you just made up. Noted.

Since we're posting our final words to each other, I'll leave you with this....

Obviously you believe that the Bible is the "Word of God" and that it depicts being gay as a sin and an abomination. If that were all there was to it, it wouldn't be a big deal or even noteworthy. It would be generally seen as no different than how Orthodox Jews and Muslims believe their scriptures depict eating pork and shellfish as sins and abominations.

But unfortunately you feel the need to go beyond that, and make up slanderous narratives about gay people. That's where you cross the line into "hate". It's pretty simple really....if you believe it's a sin to be gay, then don't be gay. But that does not give you license to go around engaging in hateful speech against gay people, especially the entirely made up slander that you've posted here.

As I've been saying here lately, surveys are showing that one of the main reasons why people are abandoning Christianity in droves is because of the behaviors of Christians, with hate of LGBTQs being a prime example. So by taking that unnecessary step from "God says it's a sin" to what you've posted here, what you're actually doing is driving more people away from Christianity.

IIRC, there's something in the Bible about folks like you having millstones around their necks. You might want to think on that.

So it is indeed something you just made up. Noted.

Since we're posting our final words to each other, I'll leave you with this....

Obviously you believe that the Bible is the "Word of God" and that it depicts being gay as a sin and an abomination. If that were all there was to it, it wouldn't be a big deal or even noteworthy. It would be generally seen as no different than how Orthodox Jews and Muslims believe their scriptures depict eating pork and shellfish as sins and abominations.

But unfortunately you feel the need to go beyond that, and make up slanderous narratives about gay people. That's where you cross the line into "hate". It's pretty simple really....if you believe it's a sin to be gay, then don't be gay. But that does not give you license to go around engaging in hateful speech against gay people, especially the entirely made up slander that you've posted here.

As I've been saying here lately, surveys are showing that one of the main reasons why people are abandoning Christianity in droves is because of the behaviors of Christians, with hate of LGBTQs being a prime example. So by taking that unnecessary step from "God says it's a sin" to what you've posted here, what you're actually doing is driving more people away from Christianity.

IIRC, there's something in the Bible about folks like you having millstones around their necks. You might want to think on that.
Friend, go in peace, go to a gay subreddit or other place of your liking, keep your homosexuality to yourself and don't play victim here. No one forces you to be a Christian or obey the Word of God. The only one pushing a false narrative is you people, a false narrative against God's narrative. I have data and evidence, but none will be shared with you as no pearl shall be cast to the swine.

Okay, fellas, we expect civil and respectful discourse here on CFnet and things are not looking very good. How about checking the attitudes?

The number grows every decade because it's now safer for people to come out as gay. There was a time when doing that could get you hurt or even killed. It's not that more people are "turning gay" or whatever. That sort of thing doesn't happen. Or it's at least very rare.

Where do you get all this?

There's statistics on this stuff.

Well, maybe you've heard the famous remark attributed to Samuel Clemens:

"There are lies, damnable lies and statistics."

Depending upon the means of developing a particular statistic, the results can be manipulated and skewed to show what one wants to show. Manipulative lines of questioning, exclusion of contradicting data, equivocation of terms, selection bias, conflicts of interest, etc. all make statistics far from reliable.

Friend, go in peace, go to a gay subreddit or other place of your liking, keep your homosexuality to yourself and don't play victim here. No one forces you to be a Christian or obey the Word of God. The only one pushing a false narrative is you people, a false narrative against God's narrative. I have data and evidence, but none will be shared with you as no pearl shall be cast to the swine.
LOL....I'm not gay. Just hoping to help you understand the difference between saying "it's a sin to be gay" and saying "it's a sin to be gay and all gay couples are merely acting like they're in happy and committed relationships, and they really don't love each other in any way because they're all selfish terrible people", and the impact such hateful rhetoric is having on the public perception of Christianity and people's willingness to convert to the faith.

Well, maybe you've heard the famous remark attributed to Samuel Clemens:

"There are lies, damnable lies and statistics."

Depending upon the means of developing a particular statistic, the results can be manipulated and skewed to show what one wants to show. Manipulative lines of questioning, exclusion of contradicting data, equivocation of terms, selection bias, conflicts of interest, etc. all make statistics far from reliable.
Well, I guess you could always use ocams razor. What's more likely, that more people are turning turning gay with each new generation, or that people feel more comfortable being who they are in public today as opposed to the past?

Well, I guess you could always use ocams razor. What's more likely, that more people are turning turning gay with each new generation, or that people feel more comfortable being who they are in public today as opposed to the past?

Actually, this is a false dichotomy. There is another option, which is that there is a strong cultural current that has promoted homosexuality and prompted people into this aberrant sexuality. Really, a kind of cultural advertising of homosexuality has gone on through popular media, politics, public education and even month-long public celebrations of this sexual perversion that has succeeded in persuading people to take it up. This is, obviously, what advertising that comes at people from every corner of the culture will do.

Actually, this is a false dichotomy. There is another option, which is that there is a strong cultural current that has promoted homosexuality and prompted people into this aberrant sexuality. Really, a kind of cultural advertising of homosexuality has gone on through popular media, politics, public education and even month-long public celebrations of this sexual perversion that has succeeded in persuading people to take it up. This is, obviously, what advertising that comes at people from every corner of the culture will do.
So you're effectively admitting that you could potentially be persuaded to be gay.

I think you're giving advertisers too much credit. They might be able to convince you to stop at McDonald's on your way home from work. But I don't think they have the power to make a straight person gay or vice versa.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️
The concept of sexual orientation is relatively recent. If I recall correctly it predates Freudian theory by a little bit but Freud predictably writes about it. A lot.

In the time period when the Bible was written sexuality was defined by action. In many ancient cultures upper class men had freedom to do whatever they wanted with basically whom ever they wanted. In this sense scriptures declaration of all sexual activity outside of a monogamous marriage is revolutionary and consistent with Christ Jesus and His special love for the least of these and the things that aren’t.

Personally I think 🧐 the government should protect lgbtq rights including civil marriage. I don’t think it’s a good path or a good way of life….

But we live in something of a democracy so rights are important and worth protecting and working for.

Christians are called to speak 🗣️ the truth in love. I think 🧐 political entanglement is part of USA Christianity’s problem at the moment…

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back