Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Let's talk about homosexuality (again!)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If it were a lifestyle, there would be no gay people because no sane person would choose such a thing when the alternative is so much easier.
The alternative is HARDER, not easier. Since when is pleasing a woman, maintaining a relationship, raising kids and balancing with career easier?

The alternative is HARDER, not easier. Since when is pleasing a woman, maintaining a relationship, raising kids and balancing with career easier?
Well, gay couples have to maintain their relationships, too. If they adopt, they have to raise the kids. They have to manage work life balance as well. What makes it harder is being a couple in public in certain parts of the country. Whereas a straight couple wouldn't have any issues. Or even something like coming out to your family and getting a bad reaction. Parents disown their kids over stuff like this.

Well, gay couples have to maintain their relationships, too. If they adopt, they have to raise the kids. They have to manage work life balance as well. What makes it harder is being a couple in public in certain parts of the country. Whereas a straight couple wouldn't have any issues. Or even something like coming out to your family and getting a bad reaction. Parents disown their kids over stuff like this.
This is playing the victim, there's not a shred of truth in this. Homosexuals are polyamerous, changing partners frequently for the satisfaction of sinful flesh, it's all about themselves, their own desires, their own needs, there's no love, only lust. If you think they can maintain relationships, raise kids and manage work life balance, that's an illusion that only exists on screen, it's all an act.

This is playing the victim, there's not a shred of truth in this. Homosexuals are polyamerous, changing partners frequently for the satisfaction of sinful flesh, it's all about themselves, their own desires, their own needs, there's no love, only lust. If you think they can maintain relationships, raise kids and manage work life balance, that's an illusion that only exists on screen, it's all an act.
I guess the homosexual couples I've met throughout the years must have been a figment of my imagination.

I guess the homosexual couples I've met throughout the years must have been a figment of my imagination.
No, that's the enemy's scheme to subvert traditional nuclear family. With respect, they sell you this propaganda of alternative family and you're naive enough to buy it, and you're naive to believe that they're the marginalized victims, while in reality they're politically favored "focus group," it was the Christian couples are forbidden to foster and adopt.

No, that's the enemy's scheme to subvert traditional nuclear family. With respect, they sell you this propaganda of alternative family and you're naive enough to buy it, and you're naive to believe that they're the marginalized victims, while in reality they're politically favored "focus group," it was the Christian couples are forbidden to foster and adopt.
No one is stopping you or anyone else from having a traditional family life. I think your anger is misdirected.

When I see ugly, hateful comments like this I can't help but think of the recent Pew report on "nones" in America (people with no religious affiliation), and how 30% of the nones said one of the main reasons why they aren't religious is because of how badly religious people behave.

So it turns out dealing in hate is a turnoff for lots of people. Imagine that.

When I see ugly, hateful comments like this I can't help but think of the recent Pew report on "nones" in America (people with no religious affiliation), and how 30% of the nones said one of the main reasons why they aren't religious is because of how badly religious people behave.

So it turns out dealing in hate is a turnoff for lots of people. Imagine that.
Call me whatever you want, man, I stand by my comment. In John 6 Jesus deeply offended His audience, they all left except the disciples. In Matthew 23 Jesus made very “hateful” comments to the religious elites that led him to his death.

Call me whatever you want, man, I stand by my comment. In John 6 Jesus deeply offended His audience, they all left except the disciples. In Matthew 23 Jesus made very “hateful” comments to the religious elites that led him to his death.

Agreed.

The Lords written word is always offensive to those at enmity with God.

Unbelievers will always take Gods truth as hateful.

Agreed.

The Lords written word is always offensive to those at enmity with God.

Unbelievers will always take Gods truth as hateful.
I'm trying to remember where the Bible says that every gay couple is actually faking their relationships, but I'm drawing a blank.

Where does it say that?

I'm trying to remember where the Bible says that every gay couple is actually faking their relationships, but I'm drawing a blank.

Where does it say that
My post is agreeing with ....

John 6 Jesus deeply offended His audience, they all left except the disciples. In Matthew 23 Jesus made very “hateful” comments to the religious elites that led him to his death.

An unregenerate, such as yourself, cannot understand the spiritual things of the Bible. They are foolish to him.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But a natural man does not accept the depths of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually examined.

An unregenerate, such as yourself, cannot understand the spiritual things of the Bible. They are foolish to him.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But a natural man does not accept the depths of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually examined.
Yeah, responses like that played a big role in me rejecting Christianity.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back