Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Looking for Jesus according to John

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

John 3:17​

For​

γὰρ (gar)​

Conjunction​

Strong's 1063: For. A primary particle; properly, assigning a reason.​

God​

• God (Theos)

Θεὸς (Theos)​

Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular​

Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.​

{did} not​

οὐ (ou)​

Adverb​

Strong's 3756: No, not. Also ouk, and ouch a primary word; the absolute negative adverb; no or not.​

send​

ἀπέστειλεν (apesteilen)​

Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular​

Strong's 649: From apo and stello; set apart, i.e. to send out literally or figuratively.​

His Son​

Υἱὸν (Huion)​

Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular​

Strong's 5207: A son, descendent. Apparently a primary word; a 'son', used very widely of immediate, remote or figuratively, kinship.​

into​

εἰς (eis)​

Preposition​

Strong's 1519: A primary preposition; to or into, of place, time, or purpose; also in adverbial phrases.​

the​

τὸν (ton)​

Article - Accusative Masculine Singular​

Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.​

world​

κόσμον (kosmon)​

Strong's 2889: Probably from the base of komizo; orderly arrangement, i.e. Decoration; by implication, the world (morally).​

• Into the world (eis ton kosmon) = preposition and definite article and noun!​

to​

ἵνα (hina)​

Conjunction​

Strong's 2443: In order that, so that. Probably from the same as the former part of heautou; in order that.​

condemn​

κρίνῃ (krinē)​

Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Active - 3rd Person Singular​

Strong's 2919: Properly, to distinguish, i.e. Decide; by implication, to try, condemn, punish.​

the​

τὸν (ton)​

Article - Accusative Masculine Singular​

Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.​

world,​

κόσμον (kosmon)​

Strong's 2889: Probably from the base of komizo; orderly arrangement, i.e. Decoration; by implication, the world (morally).​

• The world (ton kosmon) = definite article and noun!​

but​

ἀλλ’ (all’)​

Conjunction​

Strong's 235: But, except, however. Neuter plural of allos; properly, other things, i.e. contrariwise.​

to​

ἵνα (hina)​

Conjunction​

Strong's 2443: In order that, so that. Probably from the same as the former part of heautou; in order that.​

save​

σωθῇ (sōthē)​

Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Passive - 3rd Person Singular​

Strong's 4982: To save, heal, preserve, rescue. From a primary sos; to save, i.e. Deliver or protect.​

the​

ὁ (ho)​

Article - Nominative Masculine Singular​

world​

κόσμος (kosmos)​

Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular​

• The world (ho kosmos) = definite article and noun!​

through​

δι’ (di’)​

Preposition​

Strong's 1223: A primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; through.​

Him.​

αὐτοῦ (autou)​

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Singular​

Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.​

John 3:18​

Whoever​

ὁ (ho)​

believes​

πιστεύων (pisteuōn)​

Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular​

Strong's 4100: From pistis; to have faith, i.e. Credit; by implication, to entrust.​

in​

εἰς (eis)​

Preposition​

Strong's 1519: A primary preposition; to or into, of place, time, or purpose; also in adverbial phrases.​

Him​

αὐτὸν (auton)​

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Singular​

Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.​

is not condemned,​

κρίνεται (krinetai)​

Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular​

Strong's 2919: Properly, to distinguish, i.e. Decide; by implication, to try, condemn, punish.​

but​

δὲ (de)​

Conjunction​

Strong's 1161: A primary particle; but, and, etc.​

whoever​

ὁ (ho)​

does not believe​

πιστεύων (pisteuōn)​

Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular​

Strong's 4100: From pistis; to have faith, i.e. Credit; by implication, to entrust.​

has already been condemned,​

κέκριται (kekritai)​

Verb - Perfect Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular​

because​

ὅτι (hoti)​

Conjunction​

Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.​

he has not believed​

πεπίστευκεν (pepisteuken)​

Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular​

in​

εἰς (eis)​

Preposition​

the​

τὸ (to)​

Article - Accusative Neuter Singular​

name​

ὄνομα (onoma)​

Noun - Accusative Neuter Singular​

Strong's 3686: Name, character, fame, reputation. From a presumed derivative of the base of ginosko; a 'name'.​

• In the name ( eis to onoma) = preposition and definite article and noun!​

of God’s​

Θεοῦ (Theou)​

Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular​

Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.​

one and only​

μονογενοῦς (monogenous)​

Adjective - Genitive Masculine Singular​

Strong's 3439: Only, only-begotten; unique. From monos and ginomai; only-born, i.e. Sole.​

Son.​

Υἱοῦ (Huiou)​

Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular​

Strong's 5207: A son, descendent. Apparently a primary word; a 'son', used very widely of immediate, remote or figuratively, kinship.​

John 3:19

And
δέ (de)
Conjunction
Strong's 1161: A primary particle; but, and, etc.

this
Αὕτη (Hautē)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3778: This; he, she, it.

is
ἐστιν (estin)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

the
ἡ (hē)
Article - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

verdict:
κρίσις (krisis)
Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 2920: Decision; by extension, a tribunal; by implication, justice.

• The verdict (he krisis) = definite article and noun!

The
τὸ (to)
Article - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

Light
φῶς (phōs)
Noun - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 5457: Light, a source of light, radiance. From an obsolete phao; luminousness.

• The Light (definite article and noun)!

has come
ἐλήλυθεν (elēlythen)
Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2064: To come, go.

into
εἰς (eis)
Preposition
Strong's 1519: A primary preposition; to or into, of place, time, or purpose; also in adverbial phrases.

the
τὸν (ton)
Article - Accusative Masculine Singular

world,
κόσμον (kosmon)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2889: Probably from the base of komizo; orderly arrangement, i.e. Decoration; by implication, the world (morally).

• Into the world (eis ton kosmon)!

but
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

men
ἄνθρωποι (anthrōpoi)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 444: A man, one of the human race. From aner and ops; man-faced, i.e. A human being.

loved
ἠγάπησαν (ēgapēsan)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 25: To love, wish well to, take pleasure in, long for; denotes the love of reason, esteem. Perhaps from agan; to love.

the
τὸ (to)
Article - Accusative Neuter Singular

darkness
σκότος (skotos)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 4655: Darkness, either physical or moral. From the base of skia; shadiness, i.e. Obscurity.

• The darkness (to skotos) = definite article and noun!

rather
μᾶλλον (mallon)
Adverb
Strong's 3123: More, rather. Neuter of the comparative of the same as malista; more) or rather.

than
ἢ (ē)
Conjunction
Strong's 2228: Or, than. A primary particle of distinction between two connected terms; disjunctive, or; comparative, than.

the
τὸ (to)

Light,
φῶς (phōs)
Strong's 5457: Light, a source of light, radiance. From an obsolete phao; luminousness.

• The Light (to phos) = definite article and noun!

because
γὰρ (gar)
Conjunction
Strong's 1063: For. A primary particle; properly, assigning a reason.

their
αὐτῶν (autōn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

deeds
ἔργα (erga)
Noun - Nominative Neuter Plural
Strong's 2041: From a primary ergo; toil; by implication, an act.

were
ἦν (ēn)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

evil.
πονηρὰ (ponēra)
Adjective - Nominative Neuter Plural
Strong's 4190: Evil, bad, wicked, malicious, slothful.

John 3:20

Everyone
πᾶς (pas)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole.

who
ὁ (ho)
Article - Nominative Masculine Singular

does
πράσσων (prassōn)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 4238: To do, perform, accomplish; be in any condition, i.e. I fare; I exact, require.

evil
φαῦλα (phaula)
Adjective - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 5337: Worthless, wicked, base. Apparently a primary word; 'foul' or 'flawy', i.e. wicked.

hates
μισεῖ (misei)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 3404: To hate, detest, love less, esteem less. From a primary misos; to detest; by extension, to love less.

the
τὸ (to)

Light,
φῶς (phōs)

• The Light (to phos) = definite article and noun!

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

{does} not
οὐκ (ouk)
Adverb
Strong's 3756: No, not. Also ouk, and ouch a primary word; the absolute negative adverb; no or not.

come
ἔρχεται (erchetai)
Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2064: To come, go.

into
πρὸς (pros)
Preposition
Strong's 4314: To, towards, with. A strengthened form of pro; a preposition of direction; forward to, i.e. Toward.

the
τὸ (to)

Light
φῶς (phōs)

• Into the Light (pros to phos) = preposition and definite article and noun!

for fear that
ἵνα (hina)
Conjunction
Strong's 2443: In order that, so that. Probably from the same as the former part of heautou; in order that.

his
αὐτοῦ (autou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

deeds
ἔργα (erga)
Noun - Nominative Neuter Plural
Strong's 2041: From a primary ergo; toil; by implication, an act.

will be exposed.
ἐλεγχθῇ (elenchthē)
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1651: (a) I reprove, rebuke, discipline, (b) I expose, show to be guilty. Of uncertain affinity; to confute, admonish.

CONCLUSION

________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.poesialatina.it/_ns/Greek/html/Interpunzione-en.html

ANCIENT GREEKS DID NOT USE TO INDICATE PUNCTUATION IN THEIR TEXTS, APART FROM VERY EXCEPTIONAL CASES; NOR DID THEY USE TO SEPARATE WORDS WITH SPACES, AS WE DO.

________________________________________________________________________________

John 1:1

- « In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God / a god »

- The Word (ho Logos) (Nominative Masculine Singular) = definite articule and noun = countable noun = form used three times in the verse !

- With God (pros Theon) (Accusative Masculine Singular) = preposition and noun !

- God /a god ? (Theos) (Nominative Masculine Singular)

- If God = uncountable noun !

- If a god = countable noun !

- LOGICALLY, IF YOU ARE WITH GOD, YOU CAN’T BE GOD !

- BUT YOU CAN BE A GOD OR OF DIVINE ORIGIN !

John 1:2

- « He was with God in the beginning »

- With God (pros Theon) (Accusative Masculine Singular) = preposition and noun !

John 1:18

- « No one has ever seen God the one and only Son God / the only-begotten god the (one who) is at the Father’s side has made known »

- The one and only Son God / the only-begotten god (monogenes Theos)

- Monogenes (Adjective – Nominative Masculine Singular)

-Theos (Noun – Nominative Masculine Singular) = a deity, especially the supreme Divinity ; figuratively, a magistrate

- He is at the Father’s side (Patros kolpon) !

- like in John 1:1, he is with God!

Kolpos

kol'-pos

Noun Masculine

1. the front of the body between the arms
  2. the bosom of a garment, i.e. the hollow formed by the upper forepart of a rather loose garment bound by a girdle or sash, used for keeping and carrying things (the fold or pocket)
  3. a bay of the sea

John 3:16

- The one and only Son (ton monogene Huion)

John 3:18

- God’s one and only Son (Theou monogenous Huiou)

John 5:18

Because of
Διὰ (Dia)
Preposition
Strong's 1223: A primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; through.

this,
τοῦτο (touto)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Singular

the
οἱ (hoi)
Article - Nominative Masculine Plural

Jews
Ἰουδαῖοι (Ioudaioi)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 2453: Jewish. From Iouda; Judaean, i.e. Belonging to Jehudah.

tried
ἐζήτουν (ezētoun)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 2212: To seek, search for, desire, require, demand. Of uncertain affinity; to seek; specially, to worship, or to plot.

all the harder
μᾶλλον (mallon)
Adverb
Strong's 3123: More, rather. Neuter of the comparative of the same as malista; more) or rather.

to kill
ἀποκτεῖναι (apokteinai)
Verb - Aorist Infinitive Active
Strong's 615: To put to death, kill; fig: I abolish. From apo and kteino; to kill outright; figuratively, to destroy.

Him.
αὐτὸν (auton)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Singular

Not
οὐ (ou)
Adverb
Strong's 3756: No, not. Also ouk, and ouch a primary word; the absolute negative adverb; no or not.

only
μόνον (monon)
Adverb
Strong's 3440: Alone, but, only. Neuter of monos as adverb; merely.

was He breaking
ἔλυεν (elyen)
Strong's 3089: A primary verb; to 'loosen'.

the
τὸ (to)

Sabbath,
σάββατον (sabbaton)
Strong's 4521: The Sabbath, a week.

but
ἀλλὰ (alla)
Conjunction
Strong's 235: But, except, however. Neuter plural of allos; properly, other things, i.e. contrariwise.

He was even calling
ἔλεγεν (elegen)
Strong's 2036: Answer, bid, bring word, command. A primary verb; to speak or say.

God
Θεόν (Theon)
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

His own
ἴδιον (idion)
Adjective - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2398: Pertaining to self, i.e. One's own; by implication, private or separate.

Father,
Πατέρα (Patera)
Strong's 3962: Father, (Heavenly) Father, ancestor, elder, senior. Apparently a primary word; a 'father'.

making
ποιῶν (poiōn)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 4160: (a) I make, manufacture, construct, (b) I do, act, cause. Apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do.

Himself
ἑαυτὸν (heauton)
Reflexive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1438: Himself, herself, itself.

equal
ἴσον (ison)
Adjective - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2470: Equal, equivalent, identical. Probably from eido; similar.

with
τῷ (tō)
Article - Dative Masculine Singular

God.
Θεῷ (Theō)
Noun - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

- He was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God !

Acts 28:6

- « He was a god (about Paul)

he
αὐτὸν (auton)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Singular

was
εἶναι (einai)
Verb - Present Infinitive Active

a god.
θεόν (theon)

2 Corinthians 4:4

- « The god of this age /world » (the devil)

The
ὁ (ho)
Article - Nominative Masculine Singular

god
θεὸς (theos)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular

of this
τούτου (toutou)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Genitive Masculine Singular

Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's 165: From the same as aei; properly, an age; by extension, perpetuity; by implication, the world; specially a Messianic period.

has blinded
ἐτύφλωσεν (etyphlōsen)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 5186: To make blind, physically or mentally. From tuphlos; to make blind, i.e. to obscure.

the
τὰ (ta)
Article - Accusative Neuter Plural

minds
νοήματα (noēmata)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 3540: From noieo; a perception, i.e. Purpose, or the intellect, disposition, itself.

of
τῶν (tōn)
Article - Genitive Masculine Plural

unbelievers
ἀπίστων (apistōn)
Adjective - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 571: (passively) untrustworthy (person), or incredible (thing).

1)

Yah.weh = the God of the promise or of the promises!

Jesus Christ = Yeshua = Yah is salvation!

Christ = christos = mashiach/mah-shee-ahch = Messiah = anointed one!

• In John 1:1 Jesus is called the Word (3 times), it is said that in the beginning he was with God and he was God or a god or of divine origin!

• John 1:2 says that Jesus was with God in the beginning!

• John 1:3 says that Jesus participated in the whole creation and nothing was made without him!

• John 1:4 says that Jesus is life and the light of men!

• John 1:5 says he shines in the darkness and darkness has not overcome it!

• John 1:6,7 says that John the Baptist was sent as a witness to testify about Jesus so that everyone might believe in him!

• John 1:9 says Jesus is the true light who was coming into the world!

• John 1:10 says the world did not recognize him!

2)

• John 1:11 says even his own people rejected him!

• John 1:12 says that those who believe in him can become children of God!

• John 1:13 says they are born of God!

• John 1:14 says Jesus became flesh and resided with men and he is the only-begotten Son from the Father!

• John 1:15 says that Jesus existed before him!

• John 1:16 says we receive grace from him!

• John 1:17 says grace and truth came through Jesus Christ!

• John 1:18 calls Jesus the begotten god, the only one who has seen God who is at the Father’s side and he has made him known!

• John 1:19-23 says that John the Baptist was not the Christ but he was sent to prepare his way according to Isaiah!

3)

• In John 1:29, John the Baptist says that Jesus is the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

• In John 1:30, John the Baptist says that Jesus has a pre human existence!

• In John 1:31, John the Baptist says he came so that Jesus might be revealed to Israel!

• In John 1:32, John the baptist says he saw the Spirit (Pneuma) descending from heaven like a dove and resting on Jesus!

• In John 1:33, John the Baptist says that the One who sent him to baptize with water told him that the man who would receive the Spirit (Pneuma) would baptize with Holy spirit (en hagio Pneumati)!

4)

• As we have seen in John 1:33, John the Baptist would baptize with Holy Spirit en hagio Pneumati)!
  • That’s the first time we are told about holy spirit!
  • And it is like water: baptize with water, baptize with holy spirit!
  • John speaks mainly about Jesus!
  • John speaks also about God!

5)

• According to John 1:34, Jesus is the Son of God (Huios Theou)!
  • IS THAT CLEAR TO YOU?

6)

• According to John 1:36, Jesus (Iesou) is the Lamb of God (Amnos Theou)!

7)

• According to John 1:41, Jesus is called the messiah or Christ!

8)

• According to John 1:45, we are told about Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph foretold by the prophets!

9)

• According to John 1:48, Jesus tells Nathanael where he was at a certain time!
  • In fact, he tells him he saw him!
  • We know through the gospels that Jesus can read in people’s minds!

10)

• According to John 1:49, Nathanael calls Jesus the Son of God and the King of israel!

11)

• According to John 1:51, Jesus tells about the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man!

12)

• In John Chapter 2, Jesus turns water into fine wine!

13)

• In John Chapter 2, Jesus enters the temple and with a whip of ropes he fights against the merchants who sell their products inside the temple which is supposed to be a place to worship Yah.weh!
  • Then his disciples remember that the Bible says about him: “Zeal for Your house will consume me”!
  • Jesus also says: “Destroy this temple, and in three days, I will raise it up again”!
  • He was speaking about his death and his resurrection!

14)

• In John Chapter 3, Jesus says he comes from heaven and he will go back to heaven!
  • So that those who believe in him will have everlasting life!
  • God gave his only-begotten Son so those who have faith in him will have everlasting life!
  • Everything Jesus does is in harmony with God!
  • The Father loves the Son!
  • And he has placed everything in his hands!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back