Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Losing Salvation after getting saved?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
That is down the the same lines as saying i can play on the freeway and God will take care of me.

This on going battle is one i have never been able to scripturally 'pick' a side..

One of the reason for this is the "line he was never really saved"
Your " He was never really saved." Is a reformed line and perseverance of the saints. I totally disagree.

Eternal security is Jesus Christ preserving the believer no matter what.

As has been pointed out to you, even theologians that teach anti-OSAS doctrines recognize Heb 10 v27 is not about the final post death judgment at the GWTJ.
Oh, I see. When you don't have any remaining sacrifice for sin because you trampled on that sacrifice, the fiery Judgment the author says you get for doing that isn't the final Judgment. It's a judgment in this life, before the person who has no remaining sacrifice for sin left goes to the lake of fire at the end of the age (because he has no remaining sacrifice for sin to keep that from happening).

So, take comfort in that, you en-lighted, sanctified, believers who are partakers of the Holy Spirit, but who lose the one and only sacrifice for sin there is through your willful, contemptuous sin. The fiery judgment spoken about is in this life for trampling the blood of Jesus isn't the judgment of fire you will get at the Final Judgment.

5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them. Ephesians 5:1-7

... the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.Therefore do not be partakers with them.

What part of this verse do you not understand?

What part of Paul's warning to these Ephesian born again Christians, in saying - do not be partakers of the wrath of God.

What would cause such a thing?
For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

All you can say to Paul's counsel is, Paul wasn't talking to born again Christians.

Empty words.

JLB

Empty words again from JLB. The kingdom of God is within us.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Matthew 12:28 - But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
Matthew 13:11 - He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
Mark 1:15 - And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Luke 16:16 - The law and the prophets [were] until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Sadly, the man who mentored Billy Graham get his start as an evangelist, Charles Tempteton, later became an agnostic. Amazingly, Calvinists simply dismiss his years as an evangelist by claiming he never "really believed".

Yup, religious zealots. What a shame. I remember watching a documentary on Charles.

Last edited:
That is down the the same lines as saying i can play on the freeway and God will take care of me.

This on going battle is one i have never been able to scripturally 'pick' a side..

One of the reason for this is the "line he was never really saved"
If I understand correctly, Augustine is the buffoon who infected the church with the interpretation of John's teaching about those who left his ministry with the interpretation that ANYONE ANYWHERE UNDER ANY AND ALL CIRCUMSTANCES who falls away was never saved to begin with.

And because Jesus was speaking about a very specific group of people who heard him teaching and preaching in the streets of Jerusalem, and even ate with him, that somehow means EVERYONE'S disobedience in all of human history means they never 'knew him' and were never saved in the first place.

Good grief, talk about a stretch.

Your " He was never really saved." Is a reformed line and perseverance of the saints. I totally disagree.

Eternal security is Jesus Christ preserving the believer no matter what.

Uncle.Mark to all appearances was saved as young man.. Over the years he 'wondered' off... drinking ...women ..etc... on his death bed he told dad get out of here with the God stuff.. not near as polite as that.

Because he prayed " the sinners prayer" at one time i sure hope Grandma found him in heaven..

Uncle.Mark to all appearances was saved as young man.. Over the years he 'wondered' off... drinking ...women ..etc... on his death bed he told dad get out of here with the God stuff.. not near as polite as that.

Because he prayed " the sinners prayer" at one time i sure hope Grandma found him in heaven..
If he believed on the Lord Jesus Christ for His salvation, He is in Heaven.

Psa_3:8 Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah. How can man loose what is not his?
Php_1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
Heb_13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

This is not directed at any post in particular.

This is a subject (once saved, always saved verses the possibility of losing your salvation) that theologians throughout the centuries have never been able to settle satisfactorily. Not even close. I doubt it will get settled here today, or anytime in the future in this thread.

Discussion of this subject can be a good thing and can help those who are not decided on it in their own spiritual walk to form their own opinions and beliefs. However, when the discussion becomes more and more filled with the same facts, arguments, and scripture interpretations endlessly batted back and forth, becomes polluted with personal attacks (even thinly veiled attacks), insults, and unscrupulous attempts to get opponents silenced it has gone too far off the deep end to be of much more value. It seems to do more harm than good.

There are 112 pages and well over 2000 posts in this thread and after following quite a few of them since the beginning, I think it's safe to say we are no closer to a conclusion than we were at the beginning. It's time to stop the bickering. It's time to stop the accusations. It's time to stop the insults. It's time to move on to a subject where we can act like Christian brothers and sisters in front of the rest of the body of Christ as well as in front of those who are watching from the outside.

This thread is now closed.

Back