Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Mark of the beast?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Billnew

On another forum,
people are always afraid some new law is heading towards the mark of the beast.

I have to ask,
Don't we already have the number of the beast already evolving?

It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.
Years ago, it was encouraged that people get a social security card(number).
It was not meant to be for anything other then retirement benefits.
It is now manditory for all newborns to get a SS number.

No one may work legally without this number. Selling in biblical times was most peoples job. You made something and sold it.
No one may borrow money without this number(make big purchases)
No one can get a bank account, credit card or debit card without a SS#.
When goverment takes over health care, then goverment will be able to
have all medical records accessable via SS#.
If physical money is removed for circulation, then no one would be able to buy without having a SS#.

Not a conspiracy theorist, but there isn't much more they can do to make this come true. Except inprint the number on our hands or foreheads.
Granted this is not the world, but this was not the mark of the beast to start with.

I dont think so, btw welcome to the forum ,newbie to newbie.

In Acts we see apostate jews complaining that these 'chrisitans' are dangerous. Who are they complaining to and what is the specific allegation ?
They are complaining to the pagan Romans that chrisitians say there is another king. Therefore christians should not be allowed to compete or even participate, economically, agaisnt us, the same who proclaimed ' we have no king but Caesar,'.
Its easy to see some recent convert who just spent 4 months making his wares and when he comes to town to sell them a priest insists that he must swear allegiance to the king, Caesar, or leave the market. For 120 days he's worked late into the night , his growing family has no alternative means, whether they eat tomorrow rests on his dicision. The priest takes him aside and whispers ' We know you follow Way, just say publicly Caesar is the only king, we wont tell them what you really believe. All will be well.'

Last edited by a moderator:
On another forum,

I have to ask,

No one may work legally without this number. Selling in biblical times was most peoples job. You made something and sold it.
If physical money is removed for circulation, then no one would be able to buy without having a SS#.

Not a conspiracy theorist, but there isn't much more they can do to make this come true. Except inprint the number on our hands or foreheads.
Granted this is not the world, but this was not the mark of the beast to start with.

I don't think it's a conspiracy theory. It's fun to muse about it. The god of science has given us the ability to be micro chipped and tracked via GPS. I think your SS# thoughts are very interesting. After all, the Jews were all tattooed with numbers when imprisoned in the camps. SS#'s make us into faceless, nameless people. It would be much easier for an agent of satan to kill #123456789 then to kill Joe Smith who has a wife and 2.5 kids and a nice white picket fenced house somewhere in the 'burbs.

On another forum,

I have to ask,

THINK! Most professed Christians already do what this 666 law will enforce. There will be only the 'remnant' few who will not be able to buy or sell, and then finally executed.
And with what most already agree with anyhow, they will also agree to appease an angry God (who these ones in the Matt. 7 & Rev. 17:1-5) to STOP Matt. 24:21 GREATEST TRIBULATION that the world HAS EVER KNOWN!

So, what would that 666 thing be that most of the earth already agree with?? See Dan. 7:25. And these other thought to be troublers?? See Jonah 1:12's verse for what will be coupled together with Rom. 13!

And surely most know that the professed Christian's of today will do anything except themselves repent, to get out of the trouble that has already begun!

--Elijah

I wonder if folks who insist this is something physical and future do the same with the mark of the believer?

Wouldn't the mark of the beast be world wide.... social security numbers are not.

I didn't realize this! Very good point, but since the anti-christ will dominate globally perhaps he can implement a type of "SSN" type of system world wide?

I didn't realize this! Very good point, but since the anti-christ will dominate globally perhaps he can implement a type of "SSN" type of system world wide?

I am sure it will be something like that, as there will be that 'New World Order' which will mandate one world currency, one world government, and one world religion.

hmm theres are reference to the number of offerings that solomon offered to the false gods that just so happens to be 666 times.

I am sure it will be something like that, as there will be that 'New World Order' which will mandate one world currency, one world government, and one world religion.

Interesting that not one of those things appears anywhere in scriptures that actually name antiChrist.

Interesting that not one of those things appears anywhere in scriptures that actually name antiChrist.

Yes, he is called the Antichrist.

1 John 2:18 NLT
Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come.

1 John 4:3 NLT
But if someone claims to be a prophet and does not acknowledge the truth about Jesus, that person is not from God. Such a person has the spirit of the Antichrist, which you heard is coming into the world and indeed is already here.

Yes, he is called the Antichrist.

1 John 2:18 NLT
Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come.

1 John 4:3 NLT
But if someone claims to be a prophet and does not acknowledge the truth about Jesus, that person is not from God. Such a person has the spirit of the Antichrist, which you heard is coming into the world and indeed is already here.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Alabaster
Well I was right again wasnt I ? None of those things are in the verses you quoted, got any more?

Well I was right again wasnt I ? None of those things are in the verses you quoted, got any more?

Right? No. The terminology isn't used, but the concepts are all there. Read Revelation. I don't have the time to lead you in a bible study! :lol

Right? No. The terminology isn't used, but the concepts are all there. Read Revelation.
Ok which verse says antiChrist LOL
I don't have the time to lead you in a bible study! :lol
Actually Allie this is what I posted;

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Hitch
And you are dishonest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually Allie this is what I posted;

And you are dishonest.

I have never been dishonest, and frankly, I am sick to the eyeballs of your sarcastic and antagonistic tone. It is not of God.

The Antichrist is not named. What are you trying to say? All those things are touched on in scripture--the one world government, one world commerce and one world religion.
These global conditions take place under his reign.

I have never been dishonest, and frankly, I am sick to the eyeballs of your sarcastic and antagonistic tone. It is not of God.
When someone forces you to read& respond I'll consider your complaint
The Antichrist is not named. What are you trying to say? All those things are touched on in scripture--the one world government, one world commerce and one world religion. These global conditions take place under his reign.
Yawn

You have replaced scripture with your peculair interpretations.

There is not one verse that names antiChirst and associates it with any of the things you mentioned.

When someone forces you to read& respond I'll consider your complaint
Yawn

You have replaced scripture with your peculair interpretations.

That is incredibly rude.

There is not one verse that names antiChirst and associates it with any of the things you mentioned.

Yes, scripture speaks of these conditions.

Babylon System of Religion, Economy, Government Rules - The Babylonian system will actually be an extension of the revived Roman Empire. This was prophesied in Daniel, chapters 2, 7, 9, and 11, as well as in Revelation, chapter 13. Ancient Babylon's and the ancient Roman Empire's influence upon this end-time regime of hell on earth are described in Revelation, chapters 17 and 18. God will completely destroy the chief city of the end time Babylon in one hour, the Bible prophesies in Revelation, chapter 18.

End-Time Timeline

All the books sold all the tails written the few verses below are all the scriptures have to say about antichrist. Most wont even bother to read them here.

1Jn 2:18
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Ok, two comments are warranted:

One, we don't tolerate public statements that announce who is and isn't on one's Ignore list. If I had my way, the Ignore list feature would disappear, it has no real place on a Christian forum. But the general consensus is that is should stay.

Two, if anyone has a personal problem with another member, take it up in a OM or simply report it. But please do not make it a public source of disharmony. There's a line between taking friendly stabs at on another and publicly insulting members.

:topictotopic

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back