Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Mark of the beast?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ok, two comments are warranted:

One, we don't tolerate public statements that announce who is and isn't on one's Ignore list. If I had my way, the Ignore list feature would disappear, it has no real place on a Christian forum. But the general consensus is that is should stay.
I wasnt aware of that , my mistake
Two, if anyone has a personal problem with another member, take it up in a OM or simply report it. But please do not make it a public source of disharmony. There's a line between taking friendly stabs at on another and publicly insulting members.

:topictotopic

Thanks for understanding. Those sort of comments come across in a negative way and often spark additional negative responses. :yes

Jesus often spoke to the religious leaders of His time in a not so nice way, but we are not Jesus. We are His collective body of believers (ekklesia) who have been taught by Jesus to live by two simple commandments.

The first one is why we are all here: the second one is the one we ask all believers to practice while on this site. :yes

I believe in the revival of the church, not the Roman Empire:screwloose

that would be nice, hitch, but i dont see that happening in the last days that we are talkig about with the rise of the anti-christ

while i do believe in the anti-christ and that the mark of the beast and also the idea of the whole worldwide worship of him and the babylonian system are related. i dont go looking for him or what the nwo is.

also on that note, the word trinity isnt in the bible nor is T.U.L.I.P.
verses may or maynt support those but is that not the same thing you said to alabaster not to do?

that would be nice, hitch, but i dont see that happening in the last days that we are talkig about with the rise of the anti-christ
as I ve said before futurism sees the Fall of man as more powerful than the Resurrection of the Son of Man.
while i do believe in the anti-christ and that the mark of the beast and also the idea of the whole worldwide worship of him and the babylonian system are related. i dont go looking for him or what the nwo is.

also on that note, the word trinity isnt in the bible nor is T.U.L.I.P.
verses may or maynt support those but is that not the same thing you said to alabaster not to do?
Like I said, antiChrist is clealry defined in scripture and in the verses containing the definitions and the entire letters containing those verses there is nothing at all about this supposed coming world dictator with superpowers cape and everything. Since there is a clear defintion of antiChrist your comparision is invalid.
But there is no reason to expect the same folks who refuse what Jesus said about the resurection to believe what John said about antiChrist.

I suggest you read through all the passages that mention antiChirst by name and see whether your scheme fits what John was talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know our SS# is only national, but we do not have a world power yet, so if the antichrist started this, it would be started on a national scale, within each jurisdiction. I believe other nations have something similar to our national id number.

side note: I use ignore extremely little. For people that are not on the forums to discuss, just to disrupt. The ones that annoy, but either don't break the rules(technically) or that mods haven't been able to ban from the forum.
It is very nice to have, when its needed. (BTW I am new to this forum, but have been on other forums)

I know our SS# is only national, but we do not have a world power yet, so if the antichrist started this, it would be started on a national scale, within each jurisdiction. I believe other nations have something similar to our national id number.

That's a good point insofar as we do not have a world political power; and, I don't think the disparate nations of the world will ever completely surrender national independence to global governance.

What we do see is the progressive architecture of a global financial system by linking separate economic 'jurisdictions' like EU, G7, G8, G10, G20, etc., such that ultimately, "no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name (Rev. 13:17)."

In the end, we'll fly all our flags before the Bank of World Order.

You better pray it's not a SS#, for if it is then every American on this forum is already doomed.

Further, regardless of your faith, you may be 'numbered' against your will; even marked physically.:splat

as I ve said before futurism sees the Fall of man as more powerful than the Resurrection of the Son of Man. Like I said, antiChrist is clealry defined in scripture and in the verses containing the definitions and the entire letters containing those verses there is nothing at all about this supposed coming world dictator with superpowers cape and everything. Since there is a clear defintion of antiChrist your comparision is invalid.
But there is no reason to expect the same folks who refuse what Jesus said about the resurection to believe what John said about antiChrist.

I suggest you read through all the passages that mention antiChirst by name and see whether your scheme fits what John was talking about.

i am familar with the verse and not its not a spirit,

he isnt just described by john,

aka the beast
the son of perdition(paul)
the little horn

the whole world worshipped the beast.

and if the ac is just a spirit aka satan or a demon then why is it name differently then satan.

as I ve said before futurism sees the Fall of man as more powerful than the Resurrection of the Son of Man. Like I said, antiChrist is clealry defined in scripture and in the verses containing the definitions and the entire letters containing those verses there is nothing at all about this supposed coming world dictator with superpowers cape and everything. Since there is a clear defintion of antiChrist your comparision is invalid.

i guess my pastor a futurist was wrong when he said tonight that we should also pray for harvests of souls for the baptists other pentacostal faiths, and anyother BIBLE teaching church.

before you blindly assume and condemn all manner of church doctrines based on past mistakes before many here worn born i suggest that you actually listen to some of these futurists. Honeslty half of what you say i havent heard.

my pastor says we are close but we dont know when he will come.

The "little Books" of John and The Revelation were penned by John. He as the writer of both did not see fit to use antichrist when he wrote beast. That is a big reason for us not to make the jump. :twocents

i guess my pastor a futurist was wrong when he said tonight that we should also pray for harvests of souls for the baptists other pentacostal faiths, and anyother BIBLE teaching church.

before you blindly assume and condemn all manner of church doctrines based on past mistakes before many here worn born i suggest that you actually listen to some of these futurists.
Between my dad and grandfather I have more than 100 years of premillennial pretribulation rapture nonsense. My family taught this 'stuff' before DTS was founded
Honeslty half of what you say i havent heard.
Well Jas theres no need to learn when the rapture will probably be tomorrow or next week.
Most futurists are ignorant of the doctrines and positions that led to their current stances. Mormons often say the same thing,,'oh we have never heard that Joseph taught this and so.' Mormons are also instructed that only they have the truth, sound familair? Please tell you pastor to define for me what he means by 'close' .

Hey Im trying but I can only do so much.

The "little Books" of John and The Revelation were penned by John. He as the writer of both did not see fit to use antichrist when he wrote beast. That is a big reason for us not to make the jump. :twocents

beast can be taken also having a beastlike personality

shoot our lord is also called THE BRANCH and the ROD of jesse.

yet we dont call him that but that is one his names.

and the lord is also call of lot things other then JESUS Christ.

i'm sure you see that and all those things describe different aspects of him.

why not the same with the ac?????

Between my dad and grandfather I have more than 100 years of premillennial pretribulation rapture nonsense. My family taught this 'stuff' before DTS was founded Well Jas theres no need to learn when the rapture will probably be tomorrow or next week.

Most futurists are ignorant of the doctrines and positions that led to their current stances. Mormons often say the same thing,,'oh we have never heard that Joseph taught this and so.' Mormons are also instructed that only they have the truth, sound familair?

Hey Im trying but I can only do so much.[/QUOTE]

so you let your bad experciences blind you, should i then do what you do with women?as they have used and abused me alot . and assume all women are turds,liars??

trust me. few ladies that i dealt wanted the nice guy but the drug user and also jerks.
yes i had issues but that was the case more often then not.

Most futurists are ignorant of the doctrines and positions that led to their current stances. Mormons often say the same thing,,'oh we have never heard that Joseph taught this and so.' Mormons are also instructed that only they have the truth, sound familair?

Hey Im trying but I can only do so much.
so you let your bad experciences blind you, should i then do what you do with women?as they have used and abused me alot . and assume all women are turds,liars??

trust me. few ladies that i dealt wanted the nice guy but the drug user and also jerks.
yes i had issues but that was the case more often then not.
Jas there are times you are just to cunning to be understood, this is one of them.

beast can be taken also having a beastlike personality

shoot our lord is also called THE BRANCH and the ROD of jesse.

yet we dont call him that but that is one his names.

and the lord is also call of lot things other then JESUS Christ.

i'm sure you see that and all those things describe different aspects of him.

why not the same with the ac?????
Reba has answered this quite well. The near adoration of some suppposed antiChrist super man is nutz.

Hey Im trying but I can only do so much.Jas there are times you are just to cunning to be understood, this is one of them.

using your thinking. you assume all futurists are like your expericence. its called logically fallacy.

its like this, all gays like to cross dress and i say that based on my epericience with my former life with a gay man who did that.

that isnt the truth.

and its not jas but jason

i hate jay, JJ, and j.

its jason and nothing else.

i have learned not to base a whole group based on a few that are bad.

if i said to you all marines dont like to shower(which was my expercience in my ao) you would be like what?

kappesh??

using your thinking. you assume all futurists are like your expericence. its called logically fallacy.
Please tell me exactly how you know this o presumtive one ?
its like this, all gays like to cross dress and i say that based on my epericience with my former life with a gay man who did that.

that isnt the truth.

and its not jas but jason

i hate jay, JJ, and j.

its jason and nothing else.

i have learned not to base a whole group based on a few that are bad.

if i said to you all marines dont like to shower(which was my expercience in my ao) you would be like what?

kappesh??
Jason keep to topic.

Please tell me exactly how you know this o presumtive one ? Jason keep to topic.

based on your posts here.

my pastor believes that the rapture occur will be soon. but he says that we should still work to wins souls and wants to add to the ministry and raise up a new generation of kids that will follow the lord. hardly what you say we do.

he is but one of those futurists l listen to.

tone down your attitude i am not attacking you.

another here on this site and you listen to him anytime

Calvary Chapel Bangor Maine | Calvary Chapel Bangor and search the site for godsword and listen in. he talks about the various things he does at that church and feel free to browse thos links there.

his name is pastor ken graves.

based on your posts here.

my pastor believes that the rapture occur will be soon.
So did his mentor quoted below . '
but he says that we should still work to wins souls and wants to add to the ministry and raise up a new generation of kids that will follow the lord. hardly what you say we do.

he is but one of those futurists l listen to.
do you know who started the Calvary Chapel ?
tone down your attitude i am not attacking you.

another here on this site and you listen to him anytime

Calvary Chapel Bangor Maine | Calvary Chapel Bangor and search the site for godsword and listen in. he talks about the various things he does at that church and feel free to browse thos links there.

his name is pastor ken graves.
Chuck Smith’s Prophetic Pronouncements Under the Microscope

[SIZE=+1]Chuck Smith’s Prophetic Pronouncements Under the Microscope[/SIZE]
American Vision ^| 11/19/2007 | Gary DeMar

Posted on Monday, November 19, 2007 9:57:14 AM by topcat54

Chuck Smith, founder of Calvary Chapel and senior pastor of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa, California, has authored another prophecy book: The Final Act: Setting the Stage of the End Times Drama. The book carries the ringing endorsement of Tim LaHaye, co-author with Jerry Jenkins of the widely popular Left Behind series of prophetic novels. LaHaye offers the following complimentary words: “This unique dramatic treatment is both true to the Scripture and practical—both hallmarks of all Pastor Chuck’s teaching! I found it very interesting.” In addition to his new prophecy book, Smith has written the Foreword to Breaking the Apocalypse Code co-authored by Mark Hitchcock and Thomas Ice. Breaking the Apocalypse Code is said to be a “point-by-point” critique of Hank Hanegraaff’s The Apocalypse Code (2007).
I found it ironic that LaHaye would write that Smith’s teaching is “true to the Scripture” on the subject of prophecy when Smith has been so wrong on the subject for more than 30 years. I was surprised that Ice would want Smith to publish1 and write the Foreword to a book on prophecy when Ice has written “Why the Bible Still Prohibits Date Setting.”2 Has Smith read Ice’s paper, and has Ice read Smith’s prophecy books? Norman Geisler’s claim that Breaking the Apocalypse Code is “an excellent point-by-point critique of the fallacious claims . . . [of the] preterist interpolation of the End Times” stunned me since Smith has had a long history of making “fallacious claims” in his “interpolation of the end times.” Dr. Geisler is the dean of Southern Evangelical Seminary and the founder and president of the International Society of Christian Apologetics. He is applying a hermeneutical double standard, critiquing the interpretive methodology of Hanegraaff’s Apocalypse Code (a legitimate academic exercise) but saying nothing of the date-setting methodology of Chuck Smith.
In his 1978 book End Times, Chuck Smith wrote the following: “If I understand Scripture correctly, Jesus taught us that the generation which sees the ‘budding of the fig tree,’ the birth of the nation of Israel, will be the generation that sees the Lord’s return. I believe that the generation of 1948 is the last generation. Since a generation of judgment is forty years and the Tribulation period lasts seven years, I believe the Lord could come back for His Church any time before the Tribulation starts, which would mean any time before 1981. (1948 + 40 – 7 = 1981).”3 If this prophetic math sounds familiar, it’s because the same end-time logic was used by Hal Lindsey in The Late Great Planet Earth (1970).
And gullible believers will still buy this trash :screwloose

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back