Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Milk and Meat of the word? What is the MEAT REALLY?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

RevSRE

Heb 5:1 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:
Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made a high priest; but he that said unto him, You are my Son, today have I begotten you.
Heb 5:6 As he says also in another place, You are a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.
Heb 5:10 Called of God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek.
Melchizedek was a Priest by BIRTH in a time when the firstborn was responsible to God for the Family and he was A King just as Christ.
THE POINT HERE IS WHAT IS MISSING IN THE Milk Meat discussion
Christ is O U R HIGH PRIEST We are to be totally committed to HIM Always.

Heb 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to explain, seeing you are dull of hearing.
The “of whom” here is of course Christ. The subject here and it seems to me important to note IS CHRIST our High Priest. The problem seen is that the people are too weak IN THEIR COMMENTMENT to understand.

Heb 5:12 For when for the time you ought to be teachers, you have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of solid food.
Heb 5:13 For every one that uses milk is unskillful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
Heb 5:14 But solid food belongs to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto maturity; not laying again the foundation of
repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, BEING SAVED
Repentance means to change ones mind to think differently. I know for many years it has been confused with the idea of some listing all the things I do wrong to displease God and to say and be sorry for them. BUT, the original text is to think differently. Stop living for Myself doing things my way and start Obeying God. Faith is to accept the truth of Gods message with out having to see the evidence for that truth.
Heb 6:2
Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, LIVING SAVED
Baptism is a public confession of an act that took place in ones heart. Laying on of Hands is the Church acknologing that testimony.
and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. Persevering to the end
Heb 6:3 And this will we do, if God permits.
If we call Heb 6:1 to 3 the MILK of the word we have included all the Bible, Doctrine and Theology I know, so I ask the question what is the MEAT. And in this study I have come to see that the Meat is to GET UP AND GO DO WHAT GOD SAID!
To be Teachers Full of age (ie Mature) by reason of USE Exercised That seems like the ones doing the work to me.

In Corinthians when Paul says the Church is Carnal, What he is saying is that they are not committed to God the way CHRISTIANS should be. They know the words and discuss the teaching but they have not come to a point where they are TRULY committed to Jesus.

I think the Milk is the doctrine the word the "Book Knowledge" while the Meat is GET UP AND GO DO THE WORK!
I have shared my Ideas on what the Meat may be I would like to have any other "Better" ideas from the Group.

Last edited:
sort of like..."putting legs on your prayers," etc.?
could be the meat of the word to me i getting all you can out of it. i did a search found this which imo is what has ben said already The word "milk" in the above quote (Greek gala, Strong's Concordance #G1051) means the basic, elemental teachings of true Christianity first learned by new believers. The word "meat" comes from the Greek word Broma (Strong's #G1033) and means the more solid, complete and deeper spiritual doctrines of the Gospel.

And in this study I have come to see that the Meat is to GET UP AND GO DO WHAT GOD SAID!
To be Teachers Full of age (ie Mature) by reason of USE Exercised That seems like the ones doing the work to me.
In Corinthians when Paul says the Church is Carnal, What he is saying is that they are not committed to God the way CHRISTIANS should be. They know the words and discuss the teaching but they have not come to a point where they are TRULY committed to Jesus.
I agree with your assessment and conclusions. I have, from the beginning of my call from YHWH to speak His word to the Lost, both in and outside of the Church, over the newest medium.

From time to time I have been accused of getting rich by milking people as Benny Hinn does. Since I never have asked anyone but some locals to help me, that seemed a strange charge from a professing Christian.

But I swore my allegiance to Jesus and I have completely changed the direction of my life and when I declare myself to be a Bond Servant of the LORD's, I understand that just as if my ear were pierced with an Awl, Spiritually, it has been and Yashuah is my Master!

Other members on the Church Roll think me foolish because I will not hesitate to declare the God Head to be my Master, making the Triune YHWH the Slave Owner and myself one of the Ear Pierced Slaves.

Since 1990 I have been greatly disappointed with the people claiming to serve our Elohim. They never step up to the plate but the Quiet, the Few Undeclaring Ones carry the load and pray for and speak to the Many, hoping they will be faithful and ennter Heaven with them.

The is not all Pulled Pork but neither are all of us, the Saved, cut out with the Christian Cookie Cutter.

MEAT (SOLID FOOD)(DOER OF THE WORD)(APOSTLE)(SPIRITUAL WORKS)

2 Tim 4:16-18

16At my first defense no one stood with me, but all forsook me. May it not be charged against them.

17But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all the Gentiles might hear. And I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

18And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen!

Heb 6:1-2

1Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,

2of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

John 4:34

34Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

(KJV)

Luke 9:62

62But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."

Luke 6:46-47

46"But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?

47"Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like:

Heb 5:13-6:3

13For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.

14But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

1Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,

2of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

3And this we will do if God permits.

James 2:17-18

17Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

James 2:26

26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Phil 4:9

9The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

1 Cor 14:20

20Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.

Matt 13:11

11He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.

Matt 13:16-17

16"But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;

17"for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

Matt 11:12-13

12"And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.

13"For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

1 Cor 13:8-11

8Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

9For we know in part and we prophesy in part.

10But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

11When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

1 Cor 5:7-8

7Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.

8Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

1 Cor 8:1-3

1Now concerning things offered to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies.

2And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.

3But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.

John 14:26

26"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

1 Cor 2:12

12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

1 Cor 2:14-15

14But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.

1 Cor 2:13

13These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 Cor 2:9-10

9But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

10But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

Gal 5:24-25

24And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Gal 5:1

1Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

Gal 5:4

4You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

1 Pet 1:13-15

13Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

14as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance;

15but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct,

Gal 1:12

12For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Rom 16:25

25Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began

Matt 13:35

35that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: "I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world."

Luke 8:17

17"For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light.

1 Cor 6:12

12All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

Luke 6:47

47"Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like:

2 Pet 2:20-22

20For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.

21For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.

22But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A dog returns to his own vomit," and, "a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire."

Heb 2:1-3

1Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away.

2For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward,

3how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him,

Heb 5:14

14But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil

Matt 8:11-12

11"And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

12"But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

ELEVEN MORE YEARS IN THE MEAT TO COME TO REVELATIONS

Gal 2:1-2

1Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me.

2And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain.

Luke 4:19

19To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord."

Rom 6:8-10

8Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,

9knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.

10For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.

(NKJ)

xxxThere is a milk and a meat understanding to every verse. This is why we shouldnt be fighting one another over what a verse means. It is sad to me to see people arguing over what a verse means. One could have the milk understanding and one could have the meat understanding. I have been through them both and know from experiance that both meanings are necassary. But with out knowing of the milk and the meat to many just want to try to prove someone wrong. Which is the wrong spirit to be sharing the Word of God.

Every verse has more than one meaning. Every verse is a spiritual principle that the Holy Spirit uses to teach us by. And when you define a verse with another verse that is the meat. It will always separate those in the milk and those in the meat.

MILK (HEARER OF THE WORD)(DISCIPLE)(FAITH ONLY)

1 Cor 3:1-2

1And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.

2I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;

Matt 13:34-35

34All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,

35that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: "I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world."

Mark 4:34

34But without a parable He did not speak to them. And when they were alone, He explained all things to His disciples.

John 16:27

25"These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father.

26"In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you;

27"for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God.

1 Cor 3:1-3

1And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.

2I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;

3for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?

1 Tim 1:6-7

6from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,

7desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm.

Heb 5:12-13

12For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.

13For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.

1 Pet 2:1-2

1Therefore, laying aside all malice, all guile, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,

2as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,

John 14:22-25

22Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, "Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?"

23Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

24"He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.

25"These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.

26"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

John 16:7-11

7"Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.

8"And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9"of sin, because they do not believe in Me;

10"of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;

11"of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

John 16:1-3

1"These things I have spoken to you, that you should not be made to stumble.

2"They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service.

3"And these things they will do to you because they have not known the Father nor Me.

Jude 1:19

19These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.

(NKJ)Gal 4:1-5

1Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all,

2but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father.

3Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world.

4But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law,

5to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.

1 Cor 13:11-12

11When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Heb 5:13-6:3

14But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

3And this we will do if God permits.

Phil 3:12-17

12Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.

13Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,

14I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

15Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.

16Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.

17Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.

(NKJ) MILK THREE YEARS TO FIND THE HOLY SPIRIT QUOTING VERSES

Luke 13:7-9

7"Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, 'Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?'

8"But he answered and said to him, 'Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it.

9'And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.' "

Gal 1:15-19

15But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called me through His grace,

16to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood,

17nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.

18Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.

19But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord's brother.

Luke 24:49

49"Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high."

(NKJ)

XXThere is a milk understanding of the Word and there is a meat understanding of the Word of God. And the devil is always there trying to stir up trouble. Trying to say that one or the other has to be wrong. This just isnt so. Those in the milk can only handle so much. And through sharing the Word some in the milk might pick up on the meat understanding of one verse and the milk understanding of the others verses. But the devil is always there trying to say someone is wrong, this just isnt so. We as in the brotherhood should be witnessing this to beginners(young christians). Alot of those in the milk resist following the Holy Spirit into the meat. Because they havent got enough faith to crucify their flesh(emotions and feelings). So they abide in the milk their whole lives.

Luke 6:46

46"But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?

(NKJ)

Matt 7:21-23

21"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

22"Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'

23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

(NKJ)

Matt 16:25

25"For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

(NKJ)

Always remember you were in the milk when you started in scripture. You were in the milk when you tried to explain scripture. And you explained it carnally with human wisdom and interpretations. So the meat must be something much deeper than interpretation with the carnal language. It has to be done with the scriptures, defining scripture with scripture. In the milk everyone is faith only christians. But when one goes into the meat they must have works. Works are what proves their faith.

In the milk understanding is where people come up with theologies. Theology is spiritual theory, and theory is guessing. Those in the milk havent learned about the rules of believing yet. Not to think beyond what is written, and not to add one thing to the Word or take one thing away from the Word. They believe in things like the trinity doctrine.

An infant needs milk to nourish its body and later needs meat to sustain nutrients as they grow older. This is the same as a Christian as first we need the simplistic of faith through God's grace to receive His salvation that is the beginning (milk) of our relationship with His Son Christ Jesus. The more we are nourished in His word the more we grow stronger in faith till we reach a certain maturity in knowledge through that of the Holy Spirit guiding us into all truths God wants us to learn. Each has a measure of faith and each a greater understanding by how they gain knowledge. No one can ever exhaust the word of God, but as we grow in truth we also need to learn to Spiritually discern whatspirits are teaching us whether they be truth or error.

No one can ever exhaust the word of God, but as we grow in truth we also need to learn to Spiritually discern whatspirits are teaching us whether they be truth or error.
agreed .there are areas you can take on (stronger meat) compared to me. you been at it longer than me.. but i should be able to study it out and then digest it :thinking

Matthew 7:20

"Therefore by their fruits you will know them."

Would you say discernment is a gift from God? I'm thinking it is. A very important one.

agreed .there are areas you can take on (stronger meat) compared to me. you been at it longer than me.. but i should be able to study it out and then digest it :thinking

It's not so much as the length of time we put into studying, but that we take our time to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us of what we are reading. Sometimes I will stay on the same verse for awhile rereading it over and over until I understand it and then move on to the next. We all have the ability to learn and all have the same indwelling of the Holy Spirit and at times it takes patience to be still and hear what the Holy Spirit is teaching us.

Matthew 7:20

"Therefore by their fruits you will know them."

Would you say discernment is a gift from God? I'm thinking it is. A very important one.

Spiritual discernment is a gift from God through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that is in us, John 4:26. It's a part of God that by His Spirit we all grow in the knowledge of truth for our understanding as we no longer need milk, but solid food (meat).

It's not so much as the length of time we put into studying, but that we take our time to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us of what we are reading. Sometimes I will stay on the same verse for awhile rereading it over and over until I understand it and then move on to the next. We all have the ability to learn and all have the same indwelling of the Holy Spirit and at times it takes patience to be still and hear what the Holy Spirit is teaching us.
length of time has a major advantage if one has been studying

The milk understanding is atleast three years long at a minimum. The meat is atlease eleven years long at a minimum .

The milk understanding is atleast three years long at a minimum. The meat is atlease eleven years long at a minimum .

Exactly how does one measure that. I can understand the milk timing unto maturity, but even in maturity we will always be learning the deeper (meat) things of what God wants to teach us as no one could ever exhaust all the teachings from Genesis to Revelation.

Exactly how does one measure that. I can understand the milk timing unto maturity, but even in maturity we will always be learning the deeper (meat) things of what God wants to teach us as no one could ever exhaust all the teachings from Genesis to Revelation.

I said
The meat understanding is when you submit to the Holy Spirit and purge your mind of carnality. The Holy Spirit only quotes verses, and when the Holy Spirit quotes you a verse in your mind and you submit to it all your other members will rebel against that.

[Gal 5:16-17
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

I said
The meat understanding is when you submit to the Holy Spirit and purge your mind of carnality. The Holy Spirit only quotes verses, and when the Holy Spirit quotes you a verse in your mind and you submit to it all your other members will rebel against that.

[Gal 5:16-17
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

John 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Holy Spirit does not quote scripture as anyone can do that. The Holy Spirit was even before the foundation of the world being the very Spirit of God (Deity). It was God's Holy Spirit that indwelled and inspired the Prophets in the OT and Apostles in the NT to write down that which Christ taught the Disciples as letters sent to various Churches in their day. We now have theses letters in a book form called the Holy Bible as the Holy Spirit teaches all who have the indwelling as now we see through Spiritual eyes and hear what is being taught us through Spiritual ears as we learn that of what Christ taught in the beginning of His ministry here on earth.

Back