Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Milk and Meat of the word? What is the MEAT REALLY?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
John 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Holy Spirit does not quote scripture as anyone can do that. The Holy Spirit was even before the foundation of the world being the very Spirit of God (Deity). It was God's Holy Spirit that indwelled and inspired the Prophets in the OT and Apostles in the NT to write down that which Christ taught the Disciples as letters sent to various Churches in their day. We now have theses letters in a book form called the Holy Bible as the Holy Spirit teaches all who have the indwelling as now we see through Spiritual eyes and hear what is being taught us through Spiritual ears as we learn that of what Christ taught in the beginning of His ministry here on earth.

I said
HIDDEN LANGUAGE (HOLY SPIRIT LANGUAGE)(MEAT)(NEW TONGUE)

John 6:63

63"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

Rev 2:16

16'Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.

1 Cor 2:4-5

4And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,

5that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

1 Cor 2:6-7

6However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.

7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,

Matt 13:10-11

10And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?"

11He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.

Matt 13:13-14

13"Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

14"And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: 'Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive;

1 Cor 14:10

10There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.

1 Cor 14:7-8

7Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played?

8For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?

Rom 8:27

27Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

James 3:17

17But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

Matt 13:16-17

16"But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;

17"for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

Matt 13:18-19

18"Therefore hear the parable of the sower:

19"When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.

Mark 4:14

14"The sower sows the word.

John 14:26

26"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

John 3:34

34"For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.

John 3:33

33"He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.

Eph 1:9

9having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,

2 Cor 5:5

5Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

2 Cor 5:7

7For we walk by faith, not by sight.

2 Cor 5:10-11

10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

11Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.

Matt 4:4

4But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"

Rev 22:18-19

18For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;

19and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

(NKJ)

There are many languages in the world. Doctors have one, lawyers have one, intellectuals have one, common people have one. Seeing that the only guaranteed message in the bible comes from the Holy Spirit. So to guard that guarantee He even uses a special language. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses, He explains verses with other verses. There are spirits in us trying to deceive us and they all speak the same language carnal. So we can discern the Holy Spirit He quotes verses. Now this is the meat understanding of the Word. The milk understanding is done with the carnal language, the meat understanding is done with only verses. Its an unknown tongue to the carnal mind.

i shouldn't ask but how do you come to this conclusion ? scripture to make your point please

I said
Did you read the revelations on the "Milk Understanding" and the Meat Understanding"?

I said
HIDDEN LANGUAGE (HOLY SPIRIT LANGUAGE)(MEAT)(NEW TONGUE)

:confusedYou make no sense with this hidden language as you see it to be, but yet make no sense within what you are trying to teach us. Yes there are many different languages in dialect around the world and each person hears from the Holy Spirit in their own native language. IE: French, English, German, Spanish etc. etc. It's only those who have been Spiritually born again, John 3:3-7, and are indwelled with the Holy Spirit, John 14:15-17, that can hear what the Holy Spirit wants to teach us. The word of God is a hidden mystery to the carnal mind as carnal can not perceive the things of Gods Spirit.

This collaboration of scriptures you post have no meaning unless you clarify that of what you are trying to teach. There is nothing within them that speaks about a hidden language other than what is made up in your own theology. One can not walk in the flesh and expect to gain Spiritual knowledge as the flesh is enmity against the Spirit, Romans 8:5-9.

Teaching consist of topic and subject matter not a very long list of scriptures that leave one trying to guess what it is one is trying to convey to others without knowing what that person believes and why they believe the way they do. Scripture needs to be used for support within the OT and NT to make ones point just like I gave a few scriptures above for my support, but yet gave my understanding of them. Forums are not a one person platform, but a gathering of the body of Christ as we lift up and edify each other and teach those things that have been taught us by the Holy Spirit. We discuss, we learn and we grow and savor the meat of Gods word in all truths. A teacher teaches and only giving a laundry list of scriptures without saying anything leaves one empty and confused. Did Jesus walk about only reading the Torah, no He taught from it asGod gave Him what to speak, John 12:49, 50.

Teaching consist of topic and subject matter not a very long list of scriptures that leave one trying to guess what it is one is trying to convey to others without knowing what that person believes and why they believe the way they do. Scripture needs to be used for support within the OT and NT to make ones point just like I gave a few scriptures above for my support, but yet gave my understanding of them. Forums are not a one person platform, but a gathering of the body of Christ as we lift up and edify each other and teach those things that have been taught us by the Holy Spirit. We discuss, we learn and we grow and savor the meat of Gods word in all truths. A teacher teaches and only giving a laundry list of scriptures without saying anything leaves one empty and confused. Did Jesus walk about only reading the Torah, no He taught from it asGod gave Him what to speak, John 12:49, 50.

Thank you so much!
I started this thread with a POINT. Milk is the "words, Book knowledge" and Meat is maturity to get up and go do it , DO THE WORK. I have often thought many people tend to so discuss the ILLUSTRARION they miss THE POINT. This thread has become a very good example of that.
Should be teachers, full of age, (ie, mature), exercise of reason, these descriptors seem to me to imply DO THE WORK.
We loose all the meaning when we only argue the illustration and miss the point.

Thank you so much!
I started this thread with a POINT. Milk is the "words, Book knowledge" and Meat is maturity to get up and go do it , DO THE WORK. I have often thought many people tend to so discuss the ILLUSTRARION they miss THE POINT. This thread has become a very good example of that.
Should be teachers, full of age, (ie, mature), exercise of reason, these descriptors seem to me to imply DO THE WORK.
We loose all the meaning when we only argue the illustration and miss the point.

As a teacher our work is the continued works in the Lord as we take His word out into the world to even explain the simplest things like the meaning of milk and meat. A baby can only take milk at first until it is old enough to start eating meat. Nothing is of our own works, but the continued works of the Lord as we need to be that vessel of honor to Him.

Perhaps it would be better to ask a straight forward question in OP. It just comes over as if a trap is set to trip people up. It causes confusion.

Not all are teachers. That doesn't mean that they have a weak faith.
Christians are the body of Christ. Nor does it mean that they don't witness. By their fruits you shall know them. Works also include caring, loving and following where the Holy Spirit leads.
Will all be teachers? No. Will all be prophets? No

Members of the body of Christ all have their part to play. And all are equal.

I hope we all teach the basic 'milk' first.

Not all are teachers. That doesn't mean that they have a weak faith.
Christians are the body of Christ. Nor does it mean that they don't witness. By their fruits you shall know them. Works also include caring, loving and following where the Holy Spirit leads.
Will all be teachers? No. Will all be prophets? No

Members of the body of Christ all have their part to play. And all are equal.

I hope we all teach the basic 'milk' first.
:thumbsup:agreed:amen

There are times when we receive so much meat from the word of God that we try and feed this meat to those who are barely on milk and all this does is leave those who we are trying to teach become lost and confused as to what we are talking about. Frustration and confusion may cause one to give up and never seek the truth of the word of God because they do not understand and need to be taught simple basics of Salvation.

Salvation means to be whole mind, body and soul as we surrender our will to God and allow his will to work in our lives by applying Gods word to every aspect of our lives. This allows us to know the mind of Christ and all the promises of God for our own well being so we can face anything that tries to come against us while here on this earth so we can triumph and be victorious through the grace and mercy of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. Grace pardons us and mercy loves us unconditionally.

The basics we need to learn are written in Colossians 3:1-17 and if we follow these guidelines then we will remain in the will of God. The best place to start for learning and understanding Gods Salvation is reading the book of John to learn who Jesus was and is in our own lives and to know anyone can come unto Gods Salvation no matter who you are or what you have done God loves us all unconditionally.

We now have an intercessor (Jesus) who sits at the right hand of the Father and hears our confession that we are sinners and need his salvation as we believe in our heart that he was truly sent from God as the living word that we can indeed become righteous again not of our own righteousness, but that righteousness that is God whom through his Spirit is promised to dwell in us. All we have to do is believe and confess that we are sinners and allow Gods righteousness to cleanse us and renew our spirit man, John 3:5-7. Jesus wants us to come as we are and allow him to make the changes that need made in our hearts. People want to clean the fish before they catch them, but Jesus says come as you are I will clean you from the inside out.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back