Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

More on Redemption ! Secures unto us our regeneration

Thou hast received gifts for men !

Ps 68:18

Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them.

As part of His Salvation Accomplishment for all those He died for, The Lord Jesus Christ at His Ascension, received from the Father, for the Grand accomplishment of His Saving Work and Death, His Redemptive Reward, He received the Spirit of Promise, also received Gifts for men See also Eph 4:8

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

He received Gifts for men and to give to men, but what men ? For all the members of His Body, the Church that He Loved and gave Himself for.

These gifts are spiritual in nature, hence the Holy Spirit is the author of them, and they are also effectual, the effectual working of His Power in them Eph 3:7

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Cp with Eph 4:7

7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Now He received these Gifts, in the Person of the Holy Spirit, to give to His Members, His Church that He died for as their Covenant Head and Shepherd; In Fact, Christ Himself is the Gift of God, for all those the Father gave Him Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

They were given before the World began, in order that in due time they are to believe in Him. So it is written that to some, that it has been given [Them] not only to believe on Him but also to suffer Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; Cp Eph 4:7

And to those it is commanded to believe on the name of the Son of God 1 Jn 3:23

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

To Believe on the Name of the Son of God, because He was given to them for that Purpose Jn 3:16 because He redeemed them from death, by His Death in their behalf !

Was raised again for our justification.

Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

He was raised again for our Justification, meaning this, The Resurrection of Christ did rightly signify, that as our Surety and Head, when He died with our sins charged to Him, that He was actually Justified from all those sins of the Elect of God charged upon Him, and as the Head is declared Justified by His Resurrection from the dead, so is His Body, the Church. He rose from the dead not as a private person, but as the Shepherd of His Flock Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Now if we preach not this Resurrection, we do Preach another Christ, for to say that none of the members of the Head Christ are not Justified before they believe, is like saying the Head of those members is not Justified before God until all His members believe, which is absurd and a attempt to overthrow the blessed significance of Christ's Resurrection, which also subverts His accomplishment by His Death ! 9

More on Rom 4:25

Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

When the Lord Jesus Christ was delivered up for the offences of all those given to Him in Election, and bore their sins in His Body on the Tree, He did meet all the Judicial demands of the law [ on their behalf ] and having satisfied, made propitiation to the Righteous Wrath of God, He was Raised from the Dead as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

They, the Sheep were raised up together with Him to Justification of Life Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

And so He was raised again because of their Justification, and to deny this is to deny the Gospel !

More on Rom 4:25 Justification of Life !

Rom 5:18

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life

The Justification that the Resurrection of Jesus Christ gave witness to and evidence of in Rom 4:25

25 who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.

And that is Justification of Life ! That is the effect that Christ's Death alone produces. It comes through one man's righteous act, Now to deny this is to deny the Gospel of free grace salvation.

And no, ,the all men here does not mean all men without exception, but the all men whom Christ had given to Him by the Father, or the Church of which He was the Head of ! 10

Jesus gives Life to the World !

Jn 6:33

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

The Lord Jesus Christ's coming into the World was by Covenant engagement, the Everlasting Covenant, the results of which would be to give life unto the World, this is not a offer of life, nor is it merely making life available if only we would accept it or no, but it is a communication of Life, and that a Spiritual Life, a Covenant Life as Per Mal 2:5

My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name.

John Gill says of this verse:

My covenant was with him of life and peace…
Not with Aaron, nor with Phinehas; nor is it to be understood of a covenant, promising temporal life and outward prosperity to either of them; Aaron living a hundred and twenty three years, (Numbers 33:39) and Phinehas, according to some Jewish writers, above three hundred years, which they gather from (Judges 20:28) but of the covenant made with Christ from everlasting, called "a covenant of life", because it was made with Christ the Word of life, who was with the Father from all eternity, and in time was made manifest in the flesh; and was made in behalf of persons ordained to eternal life, and in which that was promised and given to them in him; and in which it was agreed that he should become man, and lay down his life as such, that they might enjoy it: and it is called a "covenant of peace", because the scheme of peace and reconciliation was drawn in it, and agreed unto; Christ was appointed in it to be the Peacemaker; and in consequence of which he was sent to procure peace, and he has made it by the blood of his cross: and this covenant may be said to have been and to be "with him"; because it was made with him from all eternity, as the head and representative of his people, and he had all the blessings and promises of it put into his hands; and it stands fast with him, and will do so for evermore. And I gave them to him;
namely, the blessings of life and peace; eternal life is the gift of God; and not only the promise of it, but that itself, was given to Christ in covenant for his people, and a power to give it to as many as the Father gave to him, (Psalms 21:4) (2 Timothy 1:1) (1 John 5:12) (John 17:2) he gave him also peace to make, put this work of peacemaking into his hand; and he allows it to be made by him, and that it is rightly effected; and from his blood and righteousness peace springs to his people; and they enjoy peace in him and through him, yea, all prosperity and happiness:

This Covenant Life of ours was with and in Christ from the beginning Jn 1:4

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

1 Jn 1:1-2

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us )

Now the basis for all whom this Life belonged to, and of them receiving of it, was His giving His Life in the stead of theirs Jn 6:51

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Christ giving His Life by Covenant arrangement, entails that those He died in behalf of, that they receive Life, [a communication or quickening] Life from Him !

Back