Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Movies to rent? [FIRST THREAD ON CF]

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
'Interstellar' (2015) starring Matthew McConaughey is quite impressive because it factors time dilation into the plot, making space travellers separated from their loved ones back on earth not only by distance but also by time.
It makes us all realise that we on earth are all together on a tiny pinpoint of space and time.
"Here on this bank and shoal of time.."- Macbeth
People on social media are saying the film had them in tears..

We watched "Wonder" three or four times recently. Not a Christian film but extremely good and one that stirs the emotions.
It's a fictional story of a boy who was born with a genetic issue that causes a very deformed head and face. The story in the movie is of his entering public school as a fifth grader after being home schooled prior. He faces bullying and ostracism and ignorance.
Julia Roberts plays his mom. Chris Owen plays his father.
It's a very clean movie as far as sex and foul language goes. There is none. But it's not a shallow movie.
I recommend it highly.

2 good Christian themed movies are "The Apostle" and "The Great Santini" both Duvall movies.

Man, I will post this but I wonder how long it will be for anyone to look at it.

Hehe.

Anyway, here are my all time favorite films that would be a good bet for rental.

God's Must Be Crazy 1 and 2, To Live-Chinese foreign film, Ridicule-French foreign film, Matrix, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Unbreakable.
The gods must be crazy! I love that movie! Coke bottle anyone! Is that the movie your referring too?

The gods must be crazy! I love that movie! Coke bottle anyone! Is that the movie your referring too?
Btw I have a link on my show pages for PureFlix try a free 30 day trial, it’s better than Netflix or Hulu if you have to watch movies. I try to abstain for TV but the fam wants their TV. Just throwing it out there because I endorse it.

My favorite is an oldie but goody called "A Man Called Peter." made back in the 1950's it is the story of Dr. Peter Marshall, a Scottish born Presbyterian minister, who became chaplain to the U.S. Senate. It is available on Amazon to rent. The reason I like it is not only because of his amazing life and sermons, but also because of the romance and marriage to his later famous wife, author Catherine Marshall, who wrote the book the movie is based on as well as other best sellers like "Christy" and "To Live Again."

Last edited:
Cheesy but I really liked "The Notebook". For Christian films, I liked "Case for Christ" (although Strobel is questionable..)

I am a huge Strobel fan. I question everything, but I don't single out Lee as particularly more questionable.

Speaking of time warp in Interstellar--that movie just went on...and on.... There's some life lessons in the theme, but I had to suspend my disbelief on a lot of the sci-fi stuff.

Outlander has to be my go-to movie series. Unfortunately for me, we already binge-watched the whole thing before all this went down. We're going week-to-week watching Season 5. But if you have the opportunity to binge-watch it from Season 1, that definitely tied up a few days, and didn't mind doing it.

Not to be confused with Outbreak (1995)--a completely different movie. Though very much relevant today.

Oldie but goodie.."Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation" with James Stewart and Maureen O'Hara..one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.

It's a fresh, authentic look at the life of Christ and His disciples, as told in the Gospels. You can watch it for free on their smartphone app (called The Chosen). It's had a worldwide impact in many different ways.

I know people don't rent movies anymore hahaha, but i'd like to recommend a movie called Silence, by Martin Scorsese, one of the best movies regarding christianity i've ever seen.

Back