Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Must we suffer?

jasoncran said:
jasoncran said:
this site doesnt accept hell, yet preaches that we christian dont die a physical death.

that's really biblical, i guess someone forgot to tell the disciples that one :lol
http://www.dadsdayoff.net/otimmortality.html

wow, orwarrior, heres one that makes a decent argument.

http://www.truthortradition.com/modules ... ws&sid=455
no mention of the occult, just teaches how hell could be a mistranslation.

that would help your case far more, that was my point.

Thank you for at last looking into it :) Sorry that i provided links that included occult imagery. I didn't even notice that when I was reading it the first time. I've been doing a lot of research on the subject over the past while, and I've been going off a lot of different sources, and other people I've been talking to who have made excellent arguments on the case. The original link was only one of the first I had found which completely went over the argument, and I was looking for a reference to provide to you. I could find many more, but that is a good one.

that is why that i did that. as in your posts it appears very much like the occult witchraft thing with references to the "Light" and "darkness".

seldom does any christian that i know uses the reference to the LORD as the LIGHT.

jasoncran said:
that is why that i did that. as in your posts it appears very much like the occult witchraft thing with references to the "Light" and "darkness".

seldom does any christian that i know uses the reference to the LORD as the LIGHT.

I just like to think of my God as loving and caring even though he does bring about justice. I think he's fair in every sense of the word. And Jesus was the perfect human being, there was nothing dark about him. Yes he talked about punishment for sins, but overall what I've gathered was his primary message was one of love, forgiveness, selflessness and caring for even your enemies.

Isaiah 42:6,7
"I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.

:)

Christ is the light of this world. And I just don't like adding any darkness to that, that doesn't need to be there; or that I feel is hurting the church and the image of Christ/God. I agree with Gaheena and punishment but certainly not eternal. And whether or not you share my view is up to you in the end, but I appreciate it that you seem to be considering some of the facts.

why refer to him is the LIGHT first instead of his name?

seldom do i call Satan darkness, though he is that. but Satan means opposer of God, and Devil means slanderer. and both fit.

you havent been to real balenced chruch that preaches repentance and demonstrates his grace. i can tell as you have charachtered me by my acceptance of hell as unloving , selfish. mercyless, in darkness.

when in reality, that isnt the case. my church and others like it do feed the poor, teach and live the bible.

jasoncran said:
why refer to him is the LIGHT first instead of his name?

seldom do i call Satan darkness, though he is that. but Satan means opposer of God, and Devil means slanderer. and both fit.

you havent been to real balenced chruch that preaches repentance and demonstrates his grace. i can tell as you have charachtered me by my acceptance of hell as unloving , selfish. mercyless, in darkness.

when in reality, that isnt the case. my church and others like it do feed the poor, teach and live the bible.

I got to a pretty balanced church. It's just it's easier to remember the things that really upset you and bother you than it is to remember the good things. Take for example how many things you hear about on the news that you remember more than the good things. So in turn I feel like it's easier for non-believers and those who share my point of view to dwell more on these things, than the good that the churches are doing. I'm sorry if I offended, it's just something I feel really strongly about.

I'm really glad to hear you go to a balanced church as well that helps out with the community and feeding the poor. That's really awesome, and I thank you for making a difference. But like I said, the eternal hell concept and aggressive evangelism just make it a little easier for people to see the bad instead of the good, and that's not an image I want for our church at all. They should know we are Christians for our love and good deeds :)

God bless.

i have started a thread on hell its self, i'm not fluent in greek nor hebrew nor a scholar. but some are trained and fluent in that stuff here.

Back