Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Mutation, Evolutions last hope

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I noticed from a pm I received that you guys take christian posts and put them on other websites. And make it look like there posts. Very mature.
http://www.fstdt.com/comments.asp?id=18300
Links like that that I have nothing to do with.
And this has what to do with this topic?
"You guys"? Do you accuse me or another poster of these threads of having submitted that to FSTDT?

A fish net only works in water, that is shallow or the the length of the net.
This is incorrect...but we're talking about a shallow flood anyway, so this should be a non-issue anyway, shouldn't it?

While the fisherman himself may have fish for food he will not have water to drink. Unless you propose for him to drink ocean water which will eventually cause dehydration and kill him.
Rain. There supposedly was lots of that during the flood. And how did all those sweet water fish survive if the whole world was covered by salt water?

And his boat will only last so long in a 40 day rain, so your telling me he's going to fish and scoop the water out? lol and you think you think things through.
Then why have fishermen been pretty much capable of dealing with permanent rainfall during their trips? Same with pretty much all big ships in all times as well?
Hint: Sealed interior. The ship - unlike a small rowing boat - cannot simply be filled and made to sink by rainwater.

caseypayne1980 said:
I noticed from a pm I received that you guys take christian posts and put them on other websites. And make it look like there posts. Very mature.
http://www.fstdt.com/comments.asp?id=18300
Links like that that I have nothing to do with.

We don't take Christian posts. Some people submit to that website quotes from creationists that are either ridiculous, funny or ironic in some way. You apparently were quoted. What's wrong with quoting people from other forums?

These last few posts slow the retardation you guys come up with.

Water from rain for 40 days yes. But will fisherman live 300 more days without water? No so they will die, not only this but there boats would eventually fill up and sink. Other people floating to fight with them sinking the boat for everyone. No man is going to have a storage been for water from the rain that will last 300 more days so thats invalid. The water will be filled with dead fish, humans, animals. Do you want to eat fish out of it? If so by all means eat fish from a pool of water with dead bodies of animals and men floating in it. There would be war in the open water causing men to fight over boats causing most of them to sink. They didn't have lifejackets and anything able to swim would eventually eat them or die off in its self. So you can not bring up anything against this agrument with intelligent backing.

Nice insult. It shows your true colors.

But will fisherman live 300 more days without water?
How about Noah? And the Bible doesn't say that there was no rain afterwards anymore. In fact, that would be pretty much impossible due to all the water that is subject to evaporation.

No so they will die, not only this but there boats would eventually fill up and sink.
Why doesn't that happen to other boats nowadays and in the past? Think for a second. It's because they are not open nutshells but have a closed interior which cannot fill up unless someone leaves a door open. I've already mentioned this in my last post. Perhaps you should read more carefully or address this refutation.

No man is going to have a storage been for water from the rain that will last 300 more days so thats invalid.
Not Noah either? Or by just letting a bit of the water into the ship.

The water will be filled with dead fish, humans, animals. Do you want to eat fish out of it? If so by all means eat fish from a pool of water with dead bodies of animals and men floating in it.
The seas are full of carcasses nowadays too. You're overestimating the amount of biomatter on the landmasses.
Anyway...you're talking about dead fish. How about all the sweet water fish which are nicely alive today? How did they survive the flood if it was so salty?

There would be war in the open water causing men to fight over boats causing most of them to sink.
They have a strong incentive not to sink them, and by fighting with swords and spears it is unlikely to sink a boat. They didn't use heavy naval artillery back then, you know?

And besides...once one is on a boat, one is rather safe - all the others that can reach one then already have an own boat then.

jwu said:
Nice insult. It shows your true colors.
Just being honest.
jwu said:
How about Noah? And the Bible doesn't say that there was no rain afterwards anymore. In fact, that would be pretty much impossible due to all the water that is subject to evaporation.
First this is just "your" opinion with no credited sources on how fast evaporation works. Evaporation today isn't even stronge enough to drain a pool what makes you think it will drain the ocean during a flood quickly. I see from you, blind ignorance of truth. Noah has animals on board and could survive milk. There really is no need for water when you have that man animals.
jwu said:
Why doesn't that happen to other boats nowadays and in the past? Think for a second. It's because they are not open nutshells but have a closed interior which cannot fill up unless someone leaves a door open. I've already mentioned this in my last post. Perhaps you should read more carefully or address this refutation.
Again you have no reference on this and its just an opinion. Chances are 4 to 5k years ago people were not smart enough to create holes for water to pass through from one side to another. And the waves during such a flood would probably have capsized small ships.

jwu said:
The seas are full of carcasses nowadays too. You're overestimating the amount of biomatter on the landmasses.
Anyway...you're talking about dead fish. How about all the sweet water fish which are nicely alive today? How did they survive the flood if it was so salty?

I'd Marine biologist say that the oceans water was gone saltier every year. And perhaps during Noahs time the difference between salt water and fresh water was not as different as today. So "adaption would not have been so hard for fish then as it would be today. Agree? And your carcasse statement is retarded. During the hurricane in New Orleans you should have visted and drinked the water there. Its about the same thing. Would you have drinked the water there? With sewer water, death and such floating about? Please think before you post.

First this is just "your" opinion with no credited sources on how fast evaporation works. Evaporation today isn't even stronge enough to drain a pool what makes you think it will drain the ocean during a flood quickly.
Do you propose that it worked at a different rate back then than it works today? Because today's evaporation is enough to fuel all the rain which we see today - lots. And with the whole world covered in water instead of only two thirds, the amount of evaporation should increase by another 50%.

I see from you, blind ignorance of truth. Noah has animals on board and could survive milk. There really is no need for water when you have that man animals.
Oh my goodness...you didn't really think that through, did you? What do you think the milk comes from? The animal has to drink something to produce milk. And how many animals on board did lactate?

"Please think before you post."

Oh, the irony...

I guess it's time for me to submit something to FSTDT too...

Again you have no reference on this and its just an opinion. Chances are 4 to 5k years ago people were not smart enough to create holes for water to pass through from one side to another.
Where are your references? Why don't you apply what you demand from me to yourself?
4000 years ago people were not smart enough for something that a ten years old child could think up? Yeah, right...and doesn't the creation model even propose degeneration, that the people back then were smarter than today? After all, Adam himself is witten to have lived until short before the supposed flood.

And the waves during such a flood would probably have capsized small ships.
The waves of a 22.5ft deep flood?

I'd Marine biologist say that the oceans water was gone saltier every year. And perhaps during Noahs time the difference between salt water and fresh water was not as different as today. So "adaption would not have been so hard for fish then as it would be today. Agree?
Then one can drink it...problem solved. And adaptation doesn't work within a few days.
And, by the way, the salinity of the oceans doesn't change anywhere that fast.

And your carcasse statement is retarded. During the hurricane in New Orleans you should have visted and drinked the water there. Its about the same thing. Would you have drinked the water there? With sewer water, death and such floating about?
That's not comparable at all...first off, for the first 40 days there would be no need to drink any of it, and then it would have diluted sufficiently. And the world wasn't covered in sewers back then either...it isn't even today.
The water above cities wouldn't have been so nice, the rest however, the water above rural areas, would be rather clean.
Else fish couldn't have survived either, after all.

And by the way, how do you propose that corals survived all this? Even tiny changes in temperature and salinity kill them.

caseypayne1980 said:

Water from rain for 40 days yes. But will fisherman live 300 more days without water? No so they will die, not only this but there boats would eventually fill up and sink. Other people floating to fight with them sinking the boat for everyone. No man is going to have a storage been for water from the rain that will last 300 more days so thats invalid. The water will be filled with dead fish, humans, animals. Do you want to eat fish out of it? If so by all means eat fish from a pool of water with dead bodies of animals and men floating in it. There would be war in the open water causing men to fight over boats causing most of them to sink. They didn't have lifejackets and anything able to swim would eventually eat them or die off in its self. So you can not bring up anything against this agrument with intelligent backing.

And all this applies to noah as well.

jwu said:
Do you propose that it worked at a different rate back then than it works today? Because today's evaporation is enough to fuel all the rain which we see today - lots. And with the whole world covered in water instead of only two thirds, the amount of evaporation should increase by another 50%.

Lets look at the North and South pole and all the ice being held their. How much water would be available to distibute around the world if all of it melted. There are locations were snow is known to be 2 miles deep.

The South pole along holds 90% to 70% of all the fresh water in the world in ice and snow. Image all this melted and used as rain during the flood.

To develop an ice age, where ice accumulates on the land, the oceans need to be warm at mid- and high latitude, and the land masses need to be cold, especially in the summer. Warm oceans evaporate lots of water, which then moves over the land. Cold continents result in the water precipitating as snow rather than rain, and also prevent the snow from thawing during summer. The ice thus accumulates quickly.

Theory Based on Evolution (Long Ages)

Slow-and-gradual evolutionary scenarios to explain the Ice Age do not work. Long-age theories involve a slow cooling down of the earth, but this will not generate an ice age. If the oceans gradually cooled, along with the land, by the time everything was cold enough so that the snow didn’t melt during summer, evaporation from the oceans would be insufficient to produce enough snow to generate the massive ice sheets. A frozen desert would result, not an ice age.

Creationist Explanation to the Ice Age

However, the global Flood described in the Bible provides a simple mechanism for an ice age. We would expect warm oceans at the end of the global Flood, due to the addition of hot subterranean water to the pre-Flood ocean and heat energy released through volcanic activity. Oard and Vardiman point to evidence that the ocean waters were in fact warmer just before the Ice Age, as recorded by the oxygen isotopes in the shells of tiny marine animals called foraminifera.

Why would the land masses be cold?

Large amounts of volcanic dust and aerosols from residual volcanic eruptions at the end of and after the Flood would have reflected solar radiation back into space, causing low temperatures over land, and especially causing the summers to be cold. Dust and aerosols slowly settle out of the atmosphere, but continued post-Flood volcanism would have replenished these for hundreds of years following the Flood.

How long was the Ice Age

Meteorologist Michael Oard has estimated that it would have taken only about 700 years to cool the polar oceans from a uniform temperature of 30°C at the end of the Flood to the temperatures observed today (average 4°C). This 700-year period represents the duration of the Ice Age. The ice would have started accumulating soon after the Flood. By about 500 years after the Flood, the average global ocean temperature would have cooled to about 10°C, and the resulting reduced evaporation would have caused much less cloud cover. This, combined with the clearing of the volcanic dust from the atmosphere, would have allowed more radiation to penetrate to the earth’s surface, progressively melting the ice sheets. Thus the glacial maximum would have been about 500 years after the Flood.

Does the Bible talk about the Flood

Interestingly, there seem to be certain references to this Ice Age in the ancient book of Job (37:9–10, 38:22–23, 29–30), who perhaps lived in its waning years. (Job lived in the land of Uz, Uz being a descendant of Shem [Gen. 10:23], so that most conservative Bible scholars agree that Job probably lived at some time between the Tower of Babel and Abraham.) God questioned Job from a whirlwind, ‘Out of whose womb came the ice? And the frost of the heavens, who fathered it? The waters are hidden like stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.’ (Job 38:29–30).

Such questions presuppose Job knew, either firsthand or by historical/family records, what God was talking about. This is probably a reference to the climatic effects of the Ice Ageâ€â€effects not now seen in the Middle East.

Aftermath

As the oceans cooled in the hundreds of years following the Flood, the humidity of the air over the oceans reduced and the climate of the Arctic coast dried out. Droughts developed. The ice sheets melted back exposing the land, allowing massive dust storms of sand and silt to bury the mammoths, suffocating some of them. This explains why the carcasses are found in what's known as yedoma or ‘muck’, which comprises loess, or wind-blown silt. Some were entombed in a standing position. As the climate got colder, the oceans froze over and permafrost developed on the land, resulting in the carcasses buried in the sand and silt being frozen, where they are found today.

Animals coming off the Ark multiplied in the centuries following the Flood. But with the development of the Ice Age and the onset of permanent climate change towards its end, many animals were unable to cope and became extinct. Some, like the woolly mammoths, died in catastrophes and climate change and from loss of habitat associated with these drastic changes. As the ice retreated and the rainfall patterns changed yet again, many of the well-watered regions became arid, and so even more animals died out. The great cataclysm of the Flood, followed by the smaller related catastrophes of glaciation, volcanism, and eventual desiccation (drying out), drastically changed the character of the earth and its inhabitants to what we see today.

jwu said:
Oh my goodness...you didn't really think that through, did you? What do you think the milk comes from? The animal has to drink something to produce milk. And how many animals on board did lactate?

"Please think before you post."

Oh, the irony...

I guess it's time for me to submit something to FSTDT too...

Milk does a body good. :wink:

jwu said:
Where are your references? Why don't you apply what you demand from me to yourself?
4000 years ago people were not smart enough for something that a ten years old child could think up? Yeah, right...and doesn't the creation model even propose degeneration, that the people back then were smarter than today? After all, Adam himself is witten to have lived until short before the supposed flood.
Adam lived along time because he obeyed Gods diet. Herbs, and not eating of animals that ate of other animals. aka pigs, because pigs would eat everything and I forgot the insect that they would eat but if we ate a pig that ate this certain insect it would cause boils in our skin etc. My cousin was explaining to me this today. He's a Meat Scientist by the way. Of course he mentioned that pork today is supposable certified that it isn't carring such things. And this is the reason why people are told to fully cook pork.
jwu said:
The waves of a 22.5ft deep flood?

Ever been to a wave pool at a park? Its only 8 feet deep and it will rock you off your tube if your not careful, but this isn't even the point. Its implying that the highest hill is 22.5 feet. By only commenting on this we are excluding valles and such and lower lands and were probably much deeper. "thank you thank you, I'll be here all week." So 22.5 feet would be the few shallow spots, few and far between.

jwu said:
Then one can drink it...problem solved. And adaptation doesn't work within a few days.
And, by the way, the salinity of the oceans doesn't change anywhere that fast.
First, it doesn't matter if it is slightly drinkable, your still drowning and without clean food. Second, adaption can take place in a years time. I read an experienment were a scientist took a fresh water tank and salt water tank. And slowly over weeks added opposite water to each. Eventually the fish in each live just fine. Another thing people have to sleep, do you think you can sleep in a boat that is being rained on for 40 days? I don't think so. You'd drown in ur sleep.

I don't feel like copy pasted your last part. But only 1 item would be needed to survive and yes that is a bit of an extream example. But everyone you know would be dead floating on water. I"m sure it would be in great numbers.

Slevin said:
And all this applies to noah as well.

1.) Ark was built to block rain. So no it doesn't.

2.) Ark was built so tall men couldn't have ever climbed on it. SO no it doesn't.

3.) Ark was supplied with herbs and milk so fishing isn't needed. So no it doesn't.

Any more EDITED comments Slevin?

Watch the personal bashing on here, next time you will receive a warning..
Edited made by Atonement

I just remember what pork causes. The insect that pigs would eat would carry into your blood stream and create ceffs or siffs I can't remember how to spell it, on the walls of your blood veins.

Wow, the bible knew what was bad for us 5 to 8k years ago. :)

caseypayne1980 said:

Built to block rain doesn't mean that it succeeded. There's also turbulent waters and staying afloat.

3.) Ark was supplied with herbs and milk so fishing isn't needed. So no it doesn't.

Herbs don't last that long and feeding thousands of animals and humans for a year is a stretch.

Milk doesn't magically appear, the animals need to drink water in order to make milk.

Any more retarded thoughtless comments Slevin?

No, and I don't need to insult my opponents in debate in order to try and gain the upperhand either.

Slow-and-gradual evolutionary scenarios to explain the Ice Age do not work. Long-age theories involve a slow cooling down of the earth, but this will not generate an ice age. If the oceans gradually cooled, along with the land, by the time everything was cold enough so that the snow didn’t melt during summer, evaporation from the oceans would be insufficient to produce enough snow to generate the massive ice sheets. A frozen desert would result, not an ice age.

Evolution is biology, and doesn't deal with ice ages.

Slevin said:
Evolution is biology, and doesn't deal with ice ages.

Then i'll watch you post a couple weeks from now saying that Evolution has everything to do with it.

Slevin said:
Built to block rain doesn't mean that it succeeded. There's also turbulent waters and staying afloat.

I'm sure if it was designed by God for Noah that its going to stay afloat and not leak, and if it did leak it would be for the purpose of water to drink.

Slevin said:
Herbs don't last that long and feeding thousands of animals and humans for a year is a stretch.

Milk doesn't magically appear, the animals need to drink water in order to make milk.
Do you know how long he spent building the ark? He had more then enough time to stock pile lots of herbs and grass. Milk doesn't have to come from cows along either. I wasn't there so I do not know how it happened, but I have full faith that it did.

Slevin said:
No, and I don't need to insult my opponents in debate in order to try and gain the upperhand either.

I really don't care. We aren't even debating, if that was the case you'd take my view and think about it and research it and i'd take your view and do the same. But the catch is you don't want to look at it from my perspective and I won't ever look at it from yours. Really, we are just butting heads and I could care less if you ever agreed.

Lets look at the North and South pole and all the ice being held their. How much water would be available to distibute around the world if all of it melted. There are locations were snow is known to be 2 miles deep.

The South pole along holds 90% to 70% of all the fresh water in the world in ice and snow. Image all this melted and used as rain during the flood.
Salt water evaporates just nicely...

You can pretty much forget the north pole for this scenario though, as most of it is floating. If floating ice melts it does not make the water level rise.

The total ice available is good for rising the water levels by no more than about 50 metres.

To develop an ice age, where ice accumulates on the land, the oceans need to be warm at mid- and high latitude, and the land masses need to be cold, especially in the summer. Warm oceans evaporate lots of water, which then moves over the land. Cold continents result in the water precipitating as snow rather than rain, and also prevent the snow from thawing during summer. The ice thus accumulates quickly.
Actually there are 500,000 annual ice layers found in cores in antarctica.

And ice ages have nothing to do with this topic whatsoever. The line of reasoning in your post is faulty insofar as it assumes an identical cooling down on land and in the seas, which is not the case due to the enormous heat capacity of water and of course streams. And there have been many ice ages, not just one.

Milk does a body good.
...and how did those animals produce the milk?

Adam lived along time because he obeyed Gods diet. Herbs, and not eating of animals that ate of other animals. aka pigs, because pigs would eat everything and I forgot the insect that they would eat but if we ate a pig that ate this certain insect it would cause boils in our skin etc. My cousin was explaining to me this today. He's a Meat Scientist by the way. Of course he mentioned that pork today is supposable certified that it isn't carring such things. And this is the reason why people are told to fully cook pork.
Irrelevant to the topic and wrong as well...telomeres put an upper limit to the age that humans can reach, the diet does nothing to change that. I'm not saying that a healthy diet can't reduce the chances of a needlessly early death, but more than 130 years ain't on.

Ever been to a wave pool at a park? Its only 8 feet deep and it will rock you off your tube if your not careful, but this isn't even the point.
...they are specifically designed to create large waves witha lot of machinery though.

Its implying that the highest hill is 22.5 feet. By only commenting on this we are excluding valles and such and lower lands and were probably much deeper. "thank you thank you, I'll be here all week." So 22.5 feet would be the few shallow spots, few and far between.
You are contradicting yourself then...what is it? The height of the highest hills (even though the ark came to rest on a "mountain") or the depth of the water? Make up your mind.

First, it doesn't matter if it is slightly drinkable, your still drowning and without clean food.
If the fish survive, then they can't be all that bad, can they?

Second, adaption can take place in a years time. I read an experienment were a scientist took a fresh water tank and salt water tank. And slowly over weeks added opposite water to each. Eventually the fish in each live just fine.
This works to a limit with very resistant fish. There aren't many that one can do that with, and in case of the flood the time was rather...40 days?
And this does not work with corals at all.

Another thing people have to sleep, do you think you can sleep in a boat that is being rained on for 40 days? I don't think so. You'd drown in ur sleep.
If one is alone and the chamber insside is not watertight...Otherwise not.

I don't feel like copy pasted your last part. But only 1 item would be needed to survive and yes that is a bit of an extream example. But everyone you know would be dead floating on water. I"m sure it would be in great numbers.
Huh? You're not making any sense, i have no idea what you're talking about.

...and other people back then couldn't build ships capable of blocking rain, as you said?

Milk doesn't have to come from cows along either. I wasn't there so I do not know how it happened, but I have full faith that it did.
Casey...it doesn't matter what animals he supposedly got the milk from. All of them need to drink on their own in order to lactate. Did they mysteriously make water/milk appear? Did they form a perpetuum mobile of mutual milk drinking?

jwu said:
Quote:

Salt water evaporates just nicely...

You can pretty much forget the north pole for this scenario though, as most of it is floating. If floating ice melts it does not make the water level rise.

The total ice available is good for rising the water levels by no more than about 50 metres.

You missed the mark of my point. My point was that there is enough ice, snow, and water on the earth to create such a flood.

jwu said:
Actually there are 500,000 annual ice layers found in cores in antarctica.

And ice ages have nothing to do with this topic whatsoever. The line of reasoning in your post is faulty insofar as it assumes an identical cooling down on land and in the seas, which is not the case due to the enormous heat capacity of water and of course streams. And there have been many ice ages, not just one.

I never saw your point in this. Seams way off topic.

jwu said:
..and how did those animals produce the milk?
Milk is a fluid produced by the mammary glad of a female mammal. :) I'm guessing you got left out in your child hood. Mammals of all sorts produce milk. So all these animals on the ship could help with a water source on top of the possibility of a water system for the ark. Don't ask me how because neither of us know of any.
jwu said:
Irrelevant to the topic and wrong as well...telomeres put an upper limit to the age that humans can reach, the diet does nothing to change that. I'm not saying that a healthy diet can't reduce the chances of a needlessly early death, but more than 130 years ain't on.
Telomeres come from cool research and I am not going to deny its views. And this is just the case of God slowly over time showing us how we created us and how we live. I'm more then sure for the men in the bible did live to insane ages of 500+. The power of God is amazing and can do all things. So if God wants you to live a certain age he could keep your Telomeres at the proper length as they reproduce. Yes, I believe this.

jwu said:
...they are specifically designed to create large waves witha lot of machinery though.
So that's my example. A 100 foot by 100 foot pool can kill you with 12 foot waves if your not paying attention. Now put ur self in that pull with an endless rain of 40 days and then try to float on it for another 300. You'd eventually die. And if you tried to drink the water it would contain say 3 to 10 dead bodies. So drinking out of the picture.

jwu said:
You are contradicting yourself then...what is it? The height of the highest hills (even though the ark came to rest on a "mountain") or the depth of the water? Make up your mind.

Before The Flood
Genesis 7:19-20
19And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

20Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

After The Flood
Genesis 8:4
4And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.

As we can see Mountains were produced from the Flood. Because we know the Mount Ararat is around 15k feet tall. And the arks sitings are around 13k feet tall. Yet the turkish Gov will not allow people to set foot on the mountains. So no I'm not contradicting my self. I hope this sheds light on the subject.
jwu said:
If the fish survive, then they can't be all that bad, can they?
Well, God only needed 2 of every kind to survive so the chances of some surviving was probably minimum.

jwu said:
...and other people back then couldn't build ships capable of blocking rain, as you said?
Every man or woman that say Noah building his ark laughed at him. So i'm going to doubt that they took the time to build there own ships.
[/b]

You missed the mark of my point. My point was that there is enough ice, snow, and water on the earth to create such a flood.
Assuming an earth without hills higher than a few dozen feet, yes. But the ark got to rest on mount ararat when there still was water, right? Mount ararat is more than 15,000 feet high, and there is nothing indicating a recent change of the height of any mountain of that magnitude.

I never saw your point in this. Seams way off topic.
The point is that the ice of antarctica hasn't been molten in the past tens of thousands of years, so it's not an option as a source of water for a global deluge. It wouldn't be enough anyway though.

Milk is a fluid produced by the mammary glad of a female mammal. I'm guessing you got left out in your child hood. Mammals of all sorts produce milk. So all these animals on the ship could help with a water source on top of the possibility of a water system for the ark. Don't ask me how because neither of us know of any.
I nearly fell of my chair when i read that.
What does milk consist of? 97% of it is water. Where does that water come from? The animals have to drink it first! No water for the animals to drink means no milk either. It's not that hard to understand...

Telomeres come from cool research and I am not going to deny its views. And this is just the case of God slowly over time showing us how we created us and how we live. I'm more then sure for the men in the bible did live to insane ages of 500+. The power of God is amazing and can do all things. So if God wants you to live a certain age he could keep your Telomeres at the proper length as they reproduce. Yes, I believe this.
Sure, with God's involvement anything is possible.

So that's my example. A 100 foot by 100 foot pool can kill you with 12 foot waves if your not paying attention. Now put ur self in that pull with an endless rain of 40 days and then try to float on it for another 300. You'd eventually die. And if you tried to drink the water it would contain say 3 to 10 dead bodies. So drinking out of the picture.
A pool with a mechanic that is designed to create waves. There is no such mechanic in a shallow sea, and you don't get high waves in all those tropical paradises today either.
And you're grossly overestimating the number of corpses. There would be about one or so per square mile at most - assuming a global population of half a billion. That lake in which i swim every summer and which is the local drinking water reservoir has fishes and plants too, and of course these die in the water and rot there - i can drink that water just fine.

As we can see Mountains were produced from the Flood. Because we know the Mount Ararat is around 15k feet tall. And the arks sitings are around 13k feet tall. Yet the turkish Gov will not allow people to set foot on the mountains. So no I'm not contradicting my self. I hope this sheds light on the subject.
That has nothing to do with the question.
what is the 15 cubits figure about? You used it once as the depth of the flood, and once again as the height of the hills. But it can mean only one, can it? And that's neither of the two, by the way.

And moreover...mountains growing during the flood doesn't help your case one iota. They would have to grow after the flood to solve problems with the amount of water. But the Bible clearly states that when the water was receding they already were mountains, and it doesn't even say anything about growing.

Well, God only needed 2 of every kind to survive so the chances of some surviving was probably minimum.
God wouldn't have needed any to survive, he could have poofed them back into existence. The whole flood makes no sense logically...God could have made all people fall over dead or disappear.
And with only one pair you get horrible problems with inbreeding...

Every man or woman that say Noah building his ark laughed at him. So i'm going to doubt that they took the time to build there own ships.
Fishermen already tend to have ships.

By the way...the dimensions of the ark make little sense in the context of such a shallow flood. A 30feet high ship to survive a 15 feet deep flood?

caseypayne1980 said:
Then i'll watch you post a couple weeks from now saying that Evolution has everything to do with it.

No you wont.

caseypayne1980 said:
I'm sure if it was designed by God for Noah that its going to stay afloat and not leak, and if it did leak it would be for the purpose of water to drink.

You can't drink sea water.

Do you know how long he spent building the ark? He had more then enough time to stock pile lots of herbs and grass. Milk doesn't have to come from cows along either. I wasn't there so I do not know how it happened, but I have full faith that it did.

Herbs and grass will go bad no matter how much you stockpile, milk goes bad as well.

I really don't care. We aren't even debating, if that was the case you'd take my view and think about it and research it and i'd take your view and do the same. But the catch is you don't want to look at it from my perspective and I won't ever look at it from yours. Really, we are just butting heads and I could care less if you ever agreed.

I have taken your view and researched it, it makes no sense and there's no evidence to suggest it ever happened.

If you don't care, why are you continuing this discussion and insulting people? Doesn't really seem to be a very Christian attitude.

Just to bring it back to the OP title, evolutionists claim that mutations are both beneficial & continuous

In fact, every mutation known to scientific observation - & true science must be based on observation - is both detrimental & quickly corrected

Thus, Darwin drivel goes against one of the most established laws of science: the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics

Put simply, things left to themselves tend to decay, not to improve

See the great array of learned articles, books, CDs, DVDs etc @ http://www.discovery.org/csc

Let's use the remaining month of summer holidays to expose the hypocrisy of an educational establishment that prides itself on fredom of thought, yet forbids criticising the seriously flawed theory that you & I descended from slime, & censors out teaching the exciting finds that have inspired hundreds of top scientists, from micro-biology to astronomy, to recognise that the sheer detail in design in all aspects of the universe points to the handiwork of the Most Brilliant Brain in the universe: the Almighty Creator

Ian

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back