Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

name one thing u approve of obama

He made it tougher to smoke by passing the legislation that increases the taxes on cigarettes. I was really happy about that.

The rest of what he is doing?

Not so much. :crazy

I like what another poster said: this is God's tool for judging America. If there are people in America who think that a HOLY, JUST and FAIR God is going to overlook the MILLIONS of people that have been slaughtered in the abortion mills of America since the 1970's, you've got another think coming.

A very, very sobering 'think', at that.

I know the Lord...I'm sure that there are many on this forum who know Him probably better than me. He is a loving, patient, gracious, kind and wonderful Person...but He doesn't brook nonsense. AMERICA WILL BE JUDGED FOR WHAT IT HAS ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.

Make no mistake: God is not mocked.

~Pascal

Do not feel he has done one thing I approve of or agree with. In office he has:

Contradicted his promise to get the troups out of Iraq.
Contradicted his promises in terms of lowering abortion ratings by rather instead promoting it.
Encouraged intolerance in terms of the disabled and yet promotes tolerance of homosexuality.
Mocks belief in Christ.
Put much of the same, if not, the entire Clinton cabinet of crooks in charge of the goverment's finances.

Just cannot see one good thing. Does that mean he has not done any, not necessarily.

I like that Obama has agreed to further reduce nuclear arms.

NooneSpecial said:
Do not feel he has done one thing I approve of or agree with. In office he has:

Contradicted his promise to get the troups out of Iraq.
Contradicted his promises in terms of lowering abortion ratings by rather instead promoting it.
Encouraged intolerance in terms of the disabled and yet promotes tolerance of homosexuality.
Mocks belief in Christ.
Put much of the same, if not, the entire Clinton cabinet of crooks in charge of the goverment's finances.

Just cannot see one good thing. Does that mean he has not done any, not necessarily.

A couple of thoughts.

- The troop withdrawal is the first thing he tackled. He came up with a withdrawal plan based on input from his military leaders. As a matter of fact, just last week the US military gave control back over the Iraqi government. Not sure what he didn't do here that he should of. You can pull out 100,000+ troops overnight and/or irresponsibly.

- Not sure how he is promoting abortion. He has been in office for only 6 months and has had bombshell issue after issue to deal with from an escalated Afghanistan war to the economy. The only thing he did here, as has every Democratic President since it was enacted, was remove the Mexico City ban.

- He had a verbal slip on a late night talk show. When was the last time you had a verbal slip. It happens to me weekly and I do not have cameras on me 24/7. Give the guy a break for a minor slip.

- He is a believer himself. How has he mocked belief in God? Give me some examples on this one.

I like that his agenda includes Green Technology...

There are many things that President Obama says that I approve of, however, I don't necessarily approve of his means to accomplish some of those tasks.

Aero_Hudson said:
- He is a believer himself. How has he mocked belief in God? Give me some examples on this one.

By approving the support of abortion....

Do you support of abortion ( killing babies, is it up to or past 53 million murdered babies so far? )
If you approve of the support of abortion (killing babies) then I see how you approve of Obama because Obama supports abortion (killing babies)
That's no tiny form of genocide! Yeah, kill em before they grow up! That's what these abortion liberties are providing.... genocide in the womb style Obama supports that! (even though he says he's against abortion. That is mocking God.

There is so much more but this is enough of an example.

Does anyone approve of Obama supporting abortion? Then think about how it mocks God!

Here's more of Obama mocking God. Mocking the Sermon on the Mount etc.. :verysad

[youtube:2ynvvc2b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sy9kMxOEVs[/youtube:2ynvvc2b]

Very condescending.

Deliberately distorting the Bible's words.

I do like the fact that he chose to keep the controversial photos from public view. He knew it would cost American Lives.

I think most honest people can think of just one positive thing,lol.

Relic said:
Aero_Hudson said:

By supporting abortion....

Do you supportof abortion ( killing babies, is it up to or past 53 million murdered babies so far? ) If you approve of the support of abortion (killing babies) then I see how you approve of Obama because Obam supports abortion (killing babies) . That's no tiny form of genocide! Yeah, kill em before they grow up! That's what these abortion liberties are providing.... genocide in the womb style!

There is so much more but this is enough of an example.

Does anyone approve of Obama supporting abortion? Then think about how it mocks God!

Notice how it's just not that big a deal anymore? Now you can murder babies and still be an upstanding "christian". Put the frog in the water and turn it up ever so slooooowly, he'll never know he's being boiled alive. So it goes with brainwashing. :thumb

"Because of the increase of sin the love of most will grow cold". Jesus Christ said that.

GojuBrian said:
Here's more of Obama mocking God. Mocking the Sermon on the Mount etc.. :verysad

Very condescending.

Deliberately distorting the Bible's words.

I do like the fact that he chose to keep the controversial photos from public view. He knew it would cost American Lives.

I think most honest people can think of just one positive thing,lol.

Here is the direct link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sy9kMxOEVs

I tried to click on the utube embed above but it says embedding disabled by request. :bigfrown And besides that, I can't watch videos because I have this old computer that takes forever to load them. Even though I thought, yeah, I'll sit and wait a half an hour for this one to load. It wouldn't load, it is disabled. Soo. maybe the direct link will work for some of you.

Brian, Can you provide another venue? or a transcript of what was said?

I DO NOT APPROVE of this man! My heart aches over what he stands for. There is so little to approve of Obama, His past, his present, and I know his future actions! :sad

Let me understand...we are now saying that Obama is actually killing babies? Was he on the court that decided Roe v. Wade? Is he on the board of directors for Planned Parenthood? The only thing he has done that can be somewhat critical is lift the Mexico City ban which has been lifted by more than one President. This in and of itself does not increase abortions. Personally, I am not following.

I think we need to be careful letting one issue color what kind of job we think this man is doing.

As far as the video posted, I have viewed it before. I have no problem with it. His message is not mocking the bible or God.

I guess some people simply cannot see beyond their seething hatred.

Aero_Hudson said:
Let me understand...we are now saying that Obama is actually killing babies? Was he on the court that decided Roe v. Wade? Is he on the board of directors for Planned Parenthood? The only thing he has done that can be somewhat critical is lift the Mexico City ban which has been lifted by more than one President. This in and of itself does not increase abortions. Personally, I am not following.

I think we need to be careful letting one issue color what kind of job we think this man is doing.

As far as the video posted, I have viewed it before. I have no problem with it. His message is not mocking the bible or God.
no not directly but he sure helps those who do, ie the spreading of planned parenthood's agenda, we blame hitler for the jewish holocaust, do we not, did he kill any himself, none that i recall,but he sure as there's god plotted to so.

i dont see bo as bad as that,but he has helped the cause therefore i wont for him on that premise, i was going to post a new thread on bo admin funding forced abortions in China, in a few too days but i move that up.

jason

btw to some the pocket book isn't as important as the morals instilled in us by christ.

minnesota said:
Now that is a understatement. And I also wonder what role, the color of his skin plays in this hatred.

Lewis W said:
minnesota said:
Now that is a understatement. And I also wonder what role, the color of his skin plays in this hatred.
i have no hatred of obama,as i started this thread and stated on MORAL reasons alone why i wouldnt vote for him

jason

Lewis W said:
minnesota said:
Sadly, I think more than most people are willing to admit.

minnesota said:

seething hatered?

If you call hating the approval of abortion seething hatred,
and if you call hating the approval of bailing out companies that he had no business bailing out seething hatred,
and if you call hating the approval of spending so excessively that even Colin Powell is concerned over it seething hatred,
and if you call hating the approval of spending excessively the tax dollars that your grandchildren won't even be able to get rid of seething hatred,
then okay.... I guess some people can't see past their seething hatred.

minnesota wrote:

Lewis W wrote:

minnesota wrote:

And please.... I can't believe anyone would even dare to bring the accussing prejudice against skin color into it. Skin color has nothing to do with this. It's NOT about skin color. We all know that. And besides, Obama is half white. I have relatives that are of half black heritage and I'm white. My son has a cousin on his dad's side that is half black and half white. I have nephews and nieces of dark skin color. PLEASE, don't even try bringing skin color into this. It's an insult to think that one would base someone's actions or beleifs based upone skin color. I would never do that and I would hope no one else would do that, especially on a Christian based forum! For shame... I can't believe you would even suggest that the those who are of a different skin color than Obama would be prejudice against him. I'm very saddened by you even saying that Lewis. And I happen to live in a mixed neighborhood in which there are a mix of every race you can imagine. Dont' even dare bring prejudice based on skin color into this. While even in a thead a while back you yourself said to not bring skin color into the conversation about Obama. Boy that breaks my heart Lewis that you would do that.

Relic,

I did not specify any particular individual. However, if this has struck a chord with you, perhaps it would be appropriate to do some introspection and spend sometime in prayer?

I think the things that came out during the election campaign were pretty self explanatory as to why he wasn't voted for by some, not to mention his extreme pro-abortion liberal voting record. I could personally care less about his skin color.
I know a lot of people voted for him because of his skin color, which is also racism...plus what they thought he could do for them to make them a little more comfortable, while disregarding the murder of the unborn and other wrong things that came out about him that are easily accessed. I do know he sat under seething hatred for 22 years and only left the Rev.Wright church for political gain. :chin

That's all I have to say because obviously we don't see right and wrong the same.

minnesota said:
Relic,

I did not specify any particular individual. However, if this has struck a chord with you, perhaps it would be appropriate to do some introspection and spend sometime in prayer?

That fact that you even insinuated such a thing about seething hatred in this thread was uncalled for. Maybe you should do some introspection yourself and spend some time in prayer for even accusing "no particular person" in this thread of such a thing.

Let's not get nasty ugly here, throwing personal insults around just because people bring up the truth about Obama and his political ongoings is out of line. I think it's time to stop and not even go there anymore, guys. Nip it in the bud, please.No need to get nasty or usgly about it. I'm not here to throw personal insults at members.

The topic is about trying to find something we approve of about Obama. But it's obvious there isn't much to come up with and many of the posters are not approving of him. You are entitled to yours. whether people agree or not. As are others entitled to say if they disapprove and can't find anything to approve about him. Leaving personal jabs against other posters out of it would be best, even if it is not directed "at any particular individual.

Can we get on with civil discussion? Whether we agree or not... I would like to keep it civil

minnesota said:
Lewis W said:
minnesota said:

I am in awe how Obama supporters turn discussions into a race issue when anyone criticizes Obama.

To a third party, It sounds something like this: "Hmmmpf! Well! If you're criticizing Obama, then it has to be because of his race!"

Gets old, fast.

I wonder who REALLY has the problem with race, here.... :confused

~Pascal

Back