Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

name one thing u approve of obama

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I am sorry to see race getting brought into this. Doesn't anyone remember the heightened rhetoric over Bill Clinton and George Bush. Obama is far more to the left than Bill Clinton, and more to the left than what Bush was to the right. There is no doubt the farther one leaves the moderate middle, the stronger folks reactions will be.

Politics are divisive, that's the nature of politics. The color of the person's skin has nothing to do with it. :shame

in a few minutes i will starting a new thread in prayer request pray for leaders, remember people we(jesus and us) fought not against flesh and blood but against principality and high powers and authority(spirits of darkness)

jason

Pascal's Wager said:
I am in awe how Obama supporters turn discussions into a race issue when anyone criticizes Obama.
I did not vote for Obama (or McCain). I am not an Obama "supporter." Rather, I pointed out that this thread quickly degraded into a hate-fest on Obama. I did not specify that it was necessarily due to racism. However, some of those expressing extreme disapproval are motivated by racism -- if not here, then elsewhere. Sadly, the link to the video I posted earlier was removed. And I have gone on to suggest racism motivates more of the disapproval than people are willing to admit either publicly or to themselves because racism is considered socially unacceptable. Then, others, to personal offense to my statements because they assumed I was talking about them.

There is nothing unreasonable about my statements.

handy said:
Politics are divisive, that's the nature of politics. The color of the person's skin has nothing to do with it.
"Race" does play a role in politics. It is the degree to which it plays a role that must be determined.

jasoncran said:
Aero_Hudson said:
Let me understand...we are now saying that Obama is actually killing babies? Was he on the court that decided Roe v. Wade? Is he on the board of directors for Planned Parenthood? The only thing he has done that can be somewhat critical is lift the Mexico City ban which has been lifted by more than one President. This in and of itself does not increase abortions. Personally, I am not following.

I think we need to be careful letting one issue color what kind of job we think this man is doing.

As far as the video posted, I have viewed it before. I have no problem with it. His message is not mocking the bible or God.
no not directly but he sure helps those who do, ie the spreading of planned parenthood's agenda, we blame hitler for the jewish holocaust, do we not, did he kill any himself, none that i recall,but he sure as there's god plotted to so.

i dont see bo as bad as that,but he has helped the cause therefore i wont for him on that premise, i was going to post a new thread on bo admin funding forced abortions in China, in a few too days but i move that up.

jason

btw to some the pocket book isn't as important as the morals instilled in us by christ.

So now we are comparing him to Hitler??? Man.

Hitler ordered the extermination of the Jews. Obama is supporting the Constitution and how it has been interpreted by the Supreme Court. Not even remotely, on the same planet, in the same galaxy close.

minnesota said:
Pascal's Wager said:
I am in awe how Obama supporters turn discussions into a race issue when anyone criticizes Obama.
I did not vote for Obama (or McCain). I am not an Obama "supporter." Rather, I pointed out that this thread quickly degraded into a hate-fest on Obama. I did not specify that it was necessarily due to racism. However, some of those expressing extreme disapproval are motivated by racism -- if not here, then elsewhere. Sadly, the link to the video I posted earlier was removed. And I have gone on to suggest racism motivates more of the disapproval than people are willing to admit either publicly or to themselves because racism is considered socially unacceptable. Then, others, to personal offense to my statements because they assumed I was talking about them.

yes, i see that now, it was never my intent to do that i wanted see if others who didn't vote or did vote for obama state anything good bout obama, i didn't vote for him either, but i'm sick of hearing negative things about obama, while i believe in proper critiques of him, but lets be fair he's elected and while i've been guilty of the negative stuff and still see reasons no to vote for him, but i supported some of clintons ideas and i wanted see obama had any merit, if he fails we all fail, thus prayer.

abortion wouldn't have gone away even if mcain won, only jesus can change hearts, not man or nor laws

jasoncran,

I knew your heart was in the right place. I am saddened to see your thread was derailed.

Aero_Hudson said:
jasoncran said:
[quote="Aero_Hudson":u0oo44ez]Let me understand...we are now saying that Obama is actually killing babies? Was he on the court that decided Roe v. Wade? Is he on the board of directors for Planned Parenthood? The only thing he has done that can be somewhat critical is lift the Mexico City ban which has been lifted by more than one President. This in and of itself does not increase abortions. Personally, I am not following.

I think we need to be careful letting one issue color what kind of job we think this man is doing.

As far as the video posted, I have viewed it before. I have no problem with it. His message is not mocking the bible or God.
no not directly but he sure helps those who do, ie the spreading of planned parenthood's agenda, we blame hitler for the jewish holocaust, do we not, did he kill any himself, none that i recall,but he sure as there's god plotted to so.

i dont see bo as bad as that,but he has helped the cause therefore i wont for him on that premise, i was going to post a new thread on bo admin funding forced abortions in China, in a few too days but i move that up.

jason

btw to some the pocket book isn't as important as the morals instilled in us by christ.

So now we are comparing him to Hitler??? Man.

Hitler ordered the extermination of the Jews. Obama is supporting the Constitution and how it has been interpreted by the Supreme Court. Not even remotely, on the same planet, in the same galaxy close.[/quote:u0oo44ez] suppose for the sake of arugument that slavery was still legal and the south was still practining that and obama was a pro slavery candidate and ur a christian and that was the primarily issue of the day, dredd v scott was still legal, what say u then, that's how some of us christains feel on abortion.

minnesota said:
Pascal's Wager said:

I didn't assume you were talking abou tme. I just used your "seething hatred" comment as an example of what you might mean by "seething hatred". You right away assumed I thought you were talking about me personally. so, you are wrong Mr, minnesota. I just took what you said and used it as an example.

And as far as you suggesting that racism motivates mor the the disapproval.... I don't agree. It's those who are supporters of Obama that bring up that race card. And truth be told.... Race has nothing to do with people disagreeing with Obama's political actions. I know very well that I am not prejudice in such a way. I may be prejudice over what flavor Ice cream I prefer.... but I am NOT prejudice about someone "skin color" NEVER! I may be prejudice over someone's attitude and the manerism they inisist on carrying about themselves.... but NEVER! am I prejudice over someones skin color. NEVER! So you can leave me out of your insinuations about " some of those expressing extreme disapproval are motivated by racism -- if not here, then elsewhere, because I'm not that here, nor am I that anywhere else. So count me out of your comments. I know for a fact that I am not a part of whay you are insinuating in your above statements. So don't even include me in those thoughts of yours. Thank you.

minnesota said:
handy said:
Politics are divisive, that's the nature of politics. The color of the person's skin has nothing to do with it.
"Race" does play a role in politics. It is the degree to which it plays a role that must be determined.
<gentleness on>
<kindness on>

I believe it might be time to 'blow a hole' in your wheel of circular reasoning, minnesota.

Tell me: How do you know that everyone who is criticizing Obama on this thread isn't black?

How do you know that I am not black?

Is the reason because you assume that everyone who DOES criticize Obama must be white?

C'mon...tell us honestly. It's the only way to find healing.... :pray

<gentleness still on>
<kindness still on>

~Pascal

minnesota said:
handy said:

But in this thread, up until it was specifically brought up, race hadn't even been touched upon. Not once, in all the criticism of Obama's policies and possible motives for those policies was race even a factor. So, why was it even brought up?

It is sad that this thread was derailed. The purposed of the OP was to name one positive thing about Obama. That was it. It dwindled into Obama criticism and now the race card is being pulled out of the air.

Sad. :sad

Relic said:
I didn't assume you were talking abou tme. I just used your "seething hatred" comment as an example of what you might mean by "seething hatred". You right away assumed I thought you were talking about me personally. so, you are wrong Mr, minnesota. I just took what you said and used it as an example.
I assumed?

Relic said:
I can't believe anyone would even dare to bring the accussing prejudice against skin color into it. Skin color has nothing to do with this. It's NOT about skin color. We all know that. And besides, Obama is half white. I have relatives that are of half black heritage and I'm white. My son has a cousin on his dad's side that is half black and half white. I have nephews and nieces of dark skin color. PLEASE, don't even try bringing skin color into this. It's an insult to think that one would base someone's actions or beleifs based upone skin color. I would never do that and I would hope no one else would do that, especially on a Christian based forum! For shame... I can't believe you would even suggest that the those who are of a different skin color than Obama would be prejudice against him. I'm very saddened by you even saying that Lewis. And I happen to live in a mixed neighborhood in which there are a mix of every race you can imagine. Dont' even dare bring prejudice based on skin color into this. While even in a thead a while back you yourself said to not bring skin color into the conversation about Obama. Boy that breaks my heart Lewis that you would do that.
With the emotion seething through this post and the abundance of "I" in relationship with people of color, this reads a lot like name clearing to me. If you want to spin it another way, be my guest.

Relic said:
And as far as you suggesting that racism motivates mor the the disapproval.... I don't agree.
I did not say it accounted for the majority. I said it accounts for more disapproval than people are willing to admit. Racism is a shameful thing in our society. Hence, it's reasonable to expect those who adhere to milder forms of racism to hide it from public view or even be unaware of it themselves.

Relic said:
It's those who are supporters of Obama that bring up that race card.
Again, I'm not an Obama "supporter." I did not vote for Obama. I will not vote for Obama.

Relic said:
I know very well that I am not prejudice in such a way. I may be prejudice over what flavor Ice cream I prefer.... but I am NOT prejudice about someone "skin color" NEVER! I may be prejudice over someone's attitude and the manerism they inisist on carrying about themselves.... but NEVER! am I prejudice over someones skin color. NEVER! So you can leave me out of your insinuations about " some of those expressing extreme disapproval are motivated by racism -- if not here, then elsewhere, because I'm not that here, nor am I that anywhere else. So count me out of your comments. I know for a fact that I am not a part of whay you are insinuating in your above statements. So don't even include me in those thoughts of yours. Thank you.
Who said you were racist? Not I.

handy said:
But in this thread, up until it was specifically brought up, race hadn't even been touched upon. Not once, in all the criticism of Obama's policies and possible motives for those policies was race even a factor. So, why was it even brought up?
It was a rabbit trail comment. It was not directed at anyone here. People are seriously overreacting.

minnesota i assumed u said that about me as well, forgive me as u didn't

that's why i started the new thread

Pascal's Wager said:
How do you know that everyone who is criticizing Obama on this thread isn't black?
I did not state nor imply such a thing.

Pascal's Wager said:
How do you know that I am not black?
You being any which color would be irrelevant to my statements.

Pascal's Wager said:
Is the reason because you assume that everyone who DOES criticize Obama must be white?
I do not make this assumption. You made this assumption about me.

people.people there's pm for a reason, back to topic or it'll be locked, focus on the good, lets be fair and maybe win a soul to jesus for agreing that even while we see bad in some that all of us have some goodness in them from jesus as a gift.

jason

I am severely disappointed in the behavior of many of you. This is absolutely absurd and deplorable. You people should be ashamed of yourselves. And you should all apologize to Lewis W for misconstruing his statements.

Absolutely outrageous.

To the moderators, I recommend locking this thread. Sadly, nothing else good will come out of it.

minnesota said:
I am severely disappointed in the behavior of many of you. This is absolutely absurd and deplorable. You people should be ashamed of yourselves. And you should all apologize to Lewis W for misconstruing his statements.

Absolutely outrageous.
i apologize. this thread went a way i didn't plan but i learned at how we can misconstrue things so easily and get downright nasty without even investigate in love the facts, sad. i see some good in obama, no i'm not comprimising my morals but i believe even the most harsh person can have good in them and obama and the like need a saviour.

new list for me

he signed a bill protecting prisoners from rape,it enforces protection from that act and requires states to track and to take action to prevent it from happening kudos

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back