Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Nation shall rise against Nation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
We should all be very well aware by now that the battle transpires within

What kingdoms do you see? Those on the outside? Good luck with that angle

Luke 17:21

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Oh look honey. I think I located one of the kingdoms in question. Now let's find kingdom numero dos

Matthew 12:26
And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Bingo, two kingdoms, the most obvious candidates, rising one against the other, transpiring where?

You have the location, if you have dominion over the adversary

Interesting take on it. Not trying to sound condescending or anything but could you throw out some more verses to back up your view? I mean if you feel like it. Please. 😇

Interesting take on it. Not trying to sound condescending or anything but could you throw out some more verses to back up your view? I mean if you feel like it. Please. 😇
Well, you see, all of believerdom since Christ has spent all our time trying to justify ourselves in Christ

We should actually be doing the opposite, per Jesus' Own Instructions, Luke 14:26

That is HOW Kingdom rises against kingdom

It's an internal matter, for all of us

Our enemies are in fact withIN

Well, you see, all of believerdom since Christ has spent all our time trying to justify ourselves in Christ

We should actually be doing the opposite, per Jesus' Own Instructions, Luke 14:26

No, that's not the case. Most of "believerdom" realizes that Christ's work has been completed and we are thereby justified in Christ.

You may have enemies within you, but I have Christ within me, as His Spirit dwells within me. He doesn’t share me with Satan.

He is jealous for me that way.

Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”?
James 4:4-5

JLB

Agreed.

No, that's not the case. Most of "believerdom" realizes that Christ's work has been completed and we are thereby justified in Christ.

Most tend to act like the lawyer in Luke 10:25.

Luke 10:29
But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The kingdoms of this world are of flesh and blood. The kingdom of heaven is of the Spirit.

You may have enemies within you, but I have Christ within me, as His Spirit dwells within me. He doesn’t share me with Satan.

He is jealous for me that way.

Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”?
James 4:4-5

JLB
Your claims are yours to hold

Matters not to me

I believe every Word of God applies to all of us, Matt 4:4, Luke 4:4 regardless

And the Kingdoms, those of God and of Satan rise up to fight withIN us all, perceived or not

The term for non perception may be darkness

It will be a cold day in hell before Jesus justifies any sin in anyone

Some will claim they follow the laws. Some will even claim they never sin, not even in thought form.

The notions that we all get to skate for any sin in Jesus Name is highly over rated

And it's a slippery slope of utter nonsense from there when we lie and think we're better than the other sinners because that's simply not true, Romans 3:9

The Kingdoms that rise AGAINST each others are in fact internal

Looking on the outside is a waste of time

It will be a cold day in hell before Jesus justifies any sin in anyone

Some will claim they follow the laws. Some will even claim they never sin, not even in thought form.

The notions that we all get to skate for any sin in Jesus Name is highly over rated

And it's a slippery slope of utter nonsense from there when we lie and think we're better than the other sinners because that's simply not true, Romans 3:9

The Kingdoms that rise AGAINST each others are in fact internal

Looking on the outside is a waste of time
That "cold day in hell" has happened a long time ago. Jesus has justified all who have accepted His sacrifice on their behalf. Do you think that His crucifixion was a waste of time?

His crucifixion may be over rated according to you, but it is the greatest event since He created the world.

Your claims are yours to hold

Matters not to me

I believe every Word of God applies to all of us, Matt 4:4, Luke 4:4 regardless

And the Kingdoms, those of God and of Satan rise up to fight withIN us all, perceived or not

The term for non perception may be darkness

Again, the kingdom of Satan is not within me, or anyone who belongs to the Lord Jesus Christ.

He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, Colossians 1:13

Again, the Spirit of God who dwells within me, is jealous for me.

Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”? James 4:5

JLB

Again, the kingdom of Satan is not within me, or anyone who belongs to the Lord Jesus Christ.

He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, Colossians 1:13

Again, the Spirit of God who dwells within me, is jealous for me.

Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”? James 4:5

JLB
We've run our course on these matters long ago JLB.

Let's leave it at that

That "cold day in hell" has happened a long time ago. Jesus has justified all who have accepted His sacrifice on their behalf. Do you think that His crucifixion was a waste of time?

His crucifixion may be over rated according to you, but it is the greatest event since He created the world.
There remains sin in the world, and the kingdom of Satan has not yet been set aside

Notions that an entire Capital V Victory has been secured is not true as to the final solution, which is the destruction of the devil and his messengers

We remain as John the Apostle noted:

1 John 5:19
And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

Trumpeting about our Victory in Christ while wickedness envelopes the whole world is not cool

Everyone is tempted by the tempter. Call it what you will

We can indeed be tempted by Satan, as well as our own desires.

However, the question was …

Do you believe the devil dwells within Christians?

JLB

We can indeed be tempted by Satan, as well as our own desires.

However, the question was …

Do you believe the devil dwells within Christians?

JLB
Temptations transpire within the mind, by the tempter

IF you claim the devil only tempts from the outside, you'll have to point the tempter out so we may see him

There remains sin in the world, and the kingdom of Satan has not yet been set aside

Notions that an entire Capital V Victory has been secured is not true as to the final solution, which is the destruction of the devil and his messengers

We remain as John the Apostle noted:

1 John 5:19
And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

Trumpeting about our Victory in Christ while wickedness envelopes the whole world is not cool
So I guess that Paul (primarily), the other NT writers, and all believers in Christ aren't cool..? Okay then...

Believers are blessed by God. Western "coolness" is irrelevant.

So I guess that Paul (primarily), the other NT writers, and all believers in Christ aren't cool..? Okay then...

Believers are blessed by God. Western "coolness" is irrelevant.
Oh, you might find Paul's statements very interesting in these regards:

Romans 7:7-13 proving every manner of concupiscence in his mind, prompted by the law against coveting/lust

Romans 7:17-21 claiming the sin that dwelt in his flesh was "no longer I" and concluding this was the evil present within him, stating in vs 19 that he did evil

2 Cor 12:7 showing a messenger of Satan in his flesh

1 Tim 1:15 Paul saying he is, not was, the chief of sinners, present tense "I am"

Make of it what you will

Sin remains in all mankind, and IS of the devil, Mark 4:15, 1 John 3:8 and in unbelievers in particular, Acts 26:18, 2 Cor 4:4, Eph 2:2

Jesus has promised that He Will Put Down all, emphasis ALL rule, authority and power. And no this has not yet transpired. 1 Cor. 15:24

The Kingdom of God does not presently reign on earth and the rulers of darkness are still in control of this temporal wicked age

Now ask me how interested I am in looking on the outside?

When you "see" a devil, give me a hollar

I won't hold my breath

Oh, you might find Paul's statements very interesting in these regards:

Romans 7:7-13 proving every manner of concupiscence in his mind, prompted by the law against coveting/lust

Romans 7:17-21 claiming the sin that dwelt in his flesh was "no longer I" and concluding this was the evil present within him, stating in vs 19 that he did evil

2 Cor 12:7 showing a messenger of Satan in his flesh

1 Tim 1:15 Paul saying he is, not was, the chief of sinners, present tense "I am"

Make of it what you will

Sin remains in all mankind, and IS of the devil, Mark 4:15, 1 John 3:8 and in unbelievers in particular, Acts 26:18, 2 Cor 4:4, Eph 2:2

Jesus has promised that He Will Put Down all, emphasis ALL rule, authority and power. And no this has not yet transpired. 1 Cor. 15:24

The Kingdom of God does not presently reign on earth and the rulers of darkness are still in control of this temporal wicked age

Now ask me how interested I am in looking on the outside?

When you "see" a devil, give me a hollar

I won't hold my breath
I have no interest in trying to determine doctrine from ten, separate, out-of-context selections from Paul's epistles. BTW, what is "a hollar"?

Back