Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New member, confused

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Every time we notice creation we can have a moment of seeing God. Just walking outside we can think there must be a God to keep all this going. Nature just kind of knocks at the door of our existence. Just consider opening the door and allow God to come in (which you seem to be doing).

That is based on Revelation 3:20

Keep us posted. We are glad to have you here.

eddif

Hi, I’m a 36 year old woman from UK. I had a loosely Christian upbringing (Church of England). Through my adult years, I would say that I’ve alternated between being an atheist and agnostic. However, I had both of my sons christened as it was always a tradition in my family and I felt that I had to do it. I insisted that my wedding was a church wedding, or it wouldn’t have felt proper to me if it wasn’t. At Christmas last year, I had a strong inclination to go to church so I did twice over the Christmas period. I really enjoyed going. When I was doing the school run over the Christmas period, I was questioning my beliefs in relation to God when I noticed a piece of paper on the floor outside with a bible verse printed on it. This led me to look up the verse which then led to me reading some of the bible. I’ve now decided to attend church more often and take my kids along too. My husband has always considered himself Christian although he never attended church regularly so he’s happy to become more involved. I have questions though…why do I feel this way all of a sudden? Am I doing the right thing for my kids? I don’t want them to feel forced into anything although I think it would be good for them. Thanks. Rachel x

Welcome to CF.net!

If you'd like to challenge some of your ideas about God intellectually and expose yourself to the very deep and robust bases for Christian belief that exists in addition to the simple declaration of the Bible, I'd recommend the following websites:

www.reasonablefaith.com
www.crossexamined.org
www.str.org
www.coldcasechristianity.com

Every time we notice creation we can have a moment of seeing God. Just walking outside we can think there must be a God to keep all this going. Nature just kind of knocks at the door of our existence. Just consider opening the door and allow God to come in (which you seem to be doing).

That is based on Revelation 3:20

Keep us posted. We are glad to have you here.

eddif
I love this. This is exactly what I thought and what changed my mind too. Everything seems just too amazing and complex to be explained away by evolution.

Hi,

Thanks! It’s always nice to meet a fellow Welsh person 😊. Unfortunately, I don’t meet many now as I live in England 😞
Shhhhh.....Married to an English lass!

I became a culture missionary to the Saxons in 1979. As the song says:

'Rwy'n mynd I wlad y Saeson, a'm calon fel y plwm, I ddawnsio a flaen y delyn ac i Chwarae o flaen y drwm.' 😫

Shhhhh.....Married to an English lass!

I became a culture missionary to the Saxons in 1979. As the song says:

'Rwy'n mynd I wlad y Saeson, a'm calon fel y plwm, I ddawnsio a flaen y delyn ac i Chwarae o flaen y drwm.' 😫
Hahaha

Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me as long as you keep mine too…I’m married to an English man 😬😃

Hi maam, welcome to the forum. Remember satan is very good at what he does, so it is important that you select a church that serves the God of the Bible. A guy posted the other day that there are 44,000 different denominations, and the Bible shows how these came about. Jesus said you would be able to identify his followers by their fruits. We look at those fruits to identify whether they are serving God or not, and of course their teachings is the primary fruit.

If you will notice in your Bible, no person of God ever celebrated Christmas maam, in fact it wasn't even celebrated until after the 4th century when the apostasy was in full force. You might research what the true meaning of it is, as we live in the age of information. Then you will be able to determine if that denomination is following the example that Christ and his apostles left for us. 1 Pet 2:21
Thank you for your advice. I have done my research and my husband and I are quite happy with the church we are attending and the denomination it is as it aligns with our beliefs and our morals and values.

What is your take on this sir: Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Do you now believe Jehovah had witnesses prior to the 1800's? Do you know who His first witness was?
This is not the appropriate forum to debate JW beliefs. Please discuss those in the JW forum.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back