Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Nine of Satan’s Strategies Revealed by Scripture:

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jerry63935

Whoever first said, “To be forewarned is to be forearmed,” could have been thinking of the believer’s defense against Satan. The more we know of the tactics of any enemy, the better able we are to prepare our defenses and, thereby, remain unmoved. With regard to Satan’s strategies, we find numerous examples in Scripture.

Nine of Satan’s Strategies Revealed by Scripture:

1. He twists the Word of God.2. He disguises himself.3. He imitates.4. He counterfeits.5. He steals, kills, and destroys.6. He afflicts and oppresses.7. He accuses.8. He blinds.9. He hinders.

How Does Satan Attack Us?​

1. He Twists the Word of God​

Jesus said that lies are Satan’s “native language” (John 8:44, NIV). If he ever does quote God or His Word accurately, it is not because he agrees with it and wants to promote it but because he has an ulterior motive. Satan came to Adam and Eve and called into question the prohibition God placed on eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 2:16-17; 3:1). He even misquoted God, saying that Adam and Eve were prohibited from eating from any tree in the Garden. Eve corrected that misquote, so Satan tried again, telling the couple they would not actually die—that God had lied in an effort to keep them from becoming as wise as God Himself (Genesis 3:4-5).

When Satan confronted Jesus in the wilderness, he used the truth of God for purposes that wouldn’t glorify God. Yes, God can turn stone into bread (just as Jesus later turned water into wine—John 2); yes, God could command the angels to catch Jesus from falling (when He was arrested, Jesus said He could summon twelve legions of angels if needed—Matthew 26:53); and yes, Jesus was destined to become a king (He will one day be crowned King of kings—Revelation 19:16). So everything Satan tempted Jesus with was legitimate—it was the truth. But it was the truth misapplied. The truth misapplied is no better than error applied.

The truth misapplied is no better than error applied.

2. He Disguises Himself​

Satan, in his masquerading mode, can make himself appear righteous and religious. The classic evidence of this was the apostle Paul’s run-ins with false apostles in Corinth:

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works. 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

These false apostles, empowered by Satan, gave the impression of being righteous workers for God. In reality, they were ministers of Satan. The Bible makes it plain that not everything that appears to be light is, in fact, light.

3. He Imitates​

When the apostles took the Gospel of Christ into Samaria, they encountered a satanically inspired magician named Simon (Acts 8:9-24). Simon was known as “the great power of God” by the Samaritans, and “they heeded him because he had astonished them with his sorceries for a long time” (verses 10-11). When he offered to buy the power of the Holy Spirit from the apostles, Peter rebuked him saying, “Your heart is not right in the sight of God. Repent therefore of this your wickedness” (verses 21-22).

In the last days before the return of Christ, Satan’s chief emissaries on earth, the Beast and the False Prophet, will perform great signs and wonders reminiscent of those performed by servants of God through the ages (Revelation 13:13; 16:14; 19:20).

God has power, and Satan has power, and there is nothing to stop Satan from imitating the power of God to accomplish his deceptive ends.

4. He Counterfeits​

When Satan imitates, he does something genuine for ungodly purposes. When he counterfeits, he does something false so as to make it appear genuine. To that end, Satan sows counterfeit Christians among the members of the Kingdom of God. Jesus told a parable to His disciples, illustrating how an enemy would come and sow weeds among the wheat. Because they look identical in the growing stage, it is not until harvest that the farmer knows that counterfeit wheat has been sown in his field. “The enemy who sowed [the weeds] is the devil” and “the [weeds] are the sons of the wicked one,” Jesus said (Matthew 13:24-30, 38-39).

So Satan is able to make lies look like the truth and unbelievers look like believers. He is a master counterfeiter.

Satan is able to make lies look like the truth and unbelievers look like believers.

5. He Steals, Kills, and Destroys​

While these strategies don’t sound subtle, Satan can make even stealing, killing, and destroying subtle. He can steal the Word of God from the heart of someone who hears it by asking, “Has God really said?” (Genesis 3:1; Matthew 13:19) He can actually kill someone by stirring up rage in the heart of another person (Acts 7:57-60). And he can destroy the work of God among the people of God by filling the heart of some who are not wholly committed to God (Luke 22:3; Acts 5:3).

These acts of Satan, while seemingly violent, can appear to be very explainable, not out of order in the normal course of events. But behind them are the works and strategy of the enemy.

6. He Afflicts and Oppresses​

Spiritual darkness was so rampant in the period prior to Christ’s ministry that demons had afflicted many with diseases, both physical and mental (Luke 13:16). Jesus would often drive the demons out of multitudes of people in a given setting (Matthew 8:16). Peter related how “God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil” (Acts 10:38). When Jesus sent the seventy disciples out on a ministry trip, they returned rejoicing that the demons had been subject to Jesus’ Name through them (Luke 10:17).

Not every illness or affliction should be attributed to Satan, but the possibility should not be ignored. Satan can gain access to the life of a person through willful, unconfessed sin (Ephesians 4:27), or by the permission of God for purposes of discipline (1 Corinthians 5:5), testing (Job 1:12), or growth in grace (2 Corinthians 12:7). Even Christians who have not learned to resist the devil can be harassed by demons (James 4:7). Nonbelievers can be completely controlled by demons and tormented beyond belief if Satan is not confronted by the power of Christ (Mark 5:1-17).

Even Christians who have not learned to resist the devil can be harassed by demons.

7. He Accuses​

The Greek word diabolos (devil) means “slanderer” or “accuser.” Satan once entered the presence of God to accuse Job of being a faithless believer, claiming that Job was only a worshiper of God because of the blessings God had bestowed upon him (Job 1:6-11). This was slander of the first order; according to the American Heritage Dictionary slander is defined as: “Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person’s reputation; a false and malicious statement or report about someone.”

Jesus Christ serves as an advocate before the Father (1 John 2:1) to defend Christians against the slanderous attacks of Satan. When we sin and Satan accuses us of being unworthy of the grace of God, Christ steps in to plead the efficacy of His own blood in our defense. It is true that we sin, so that part is not slander. But it is not true that we are unworthy of God’s grace and forgiveness. We are worthy because of Christ’s worthiness.

Whoever first said, “To be forewarned is to be forearmed,” could have been thinking of the believer’s defense against Satan. The more we know of the tactics of any enemy, the better able we are to prepare our defenses and, thereby, remain unmoved.
I live life as though Jesus defeated the Devil (in my life).

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - 9 "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

Verses 9 and 10 above show that within Christ we find the fullness of God in a human body, and that because of this, those who are united with Christ also have that same sense of fullness and completeness. In fact, the True Children of Christ are so full and complete, they have been transformed from Spiritual death, to Spiritual Life (by the cutting away of the Sinful Nature, that element of the Adamic Curse that only Christ has the Power to remove).

Verse 15 seems clear to me that the victory of Satan equates to our being "full" and "complete."

If I am full and complete, and if a victory over Satan has been established by Christ . . . I pay no attention to the Devil throughout the day, as He is DUST underneath my shoes. Furthermore, I highly recommend that people stop thinking that they are available to Satanic attacks . . . that is a waste of time and human energy. I live my life as a victorious Child of God . . . I pay no regard to Satan. Zero.

, I highly recommend that people stop thinking that they are available to Satanic attacks .
then i guess we need to rewove john 10:10 Ephesian 6 the whole armor of God. 1 peter 5:8 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

it might appear he has you where he wants .. the article never said he could NOT be defeated it said his

Strategies/ plan of attack​

I pay no regard to Satan. Zero.

keep holding to that

then i guess we need to rewove john 10:10 Ephesian 6 the whole armor of God.

Why? Don't you think that Colossians 2:9-15 is the process by which this is done? If not, tell us how to put on these armors of God. Tell us what WE must do (but of course, in a way that does not lead to boasting).

keep holding to that

Wow. If I am deceived, it is most odd that this would be your reply to me. That's really, really sad.

Very helpful
what you deal with is a lot of spiritual warfare and then with all the emotions going on . you see someone and you wonder what they are saying about you. most chinches are there not .. being a pastor trying build your numbers up and still feed your flock. then when someone misses you get all kinds of thoughts . every day life is a battle

what you deal with is a lot of spiritual warfare and then with all the emotions going on . you see someone and you wonder what they are saying about you. most chinches are there not .. being a pastor trying build your numbers up and still feed your flock. then when someone misses you get all kinds of thoughts . every day life is a battle

I wrote:

"Why? Don't you think that Colossians 2:9-15 is the process by which this is done? If not, tell us how to put on these armors of God. Tell us what WE must do (but of course, in a way that does not lead to boasting)."

I pay no regard to Satan. Zero.

I concur 100%. People who pay regard to Satan are not paying regard to Christ; They look for an Antichrist leader in the kingdoms of this world, and know not the Kingdom of Christ.

then i guess we need to rewove john 10:10 Ephesian 6 the whole armor of God. 1 peter 5:8 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Why? Don't you think that Colossians 2:9-15 is the process by which this is done? If not, tell us how to put on these armors of God. Tell us what WE must do (but of course, in a way that does not lead to boasting).

There are believers on both sides of the cross. There are believers on this side as there are believers on the other. There are those who stand before the cross seeking their redemption, fearing its loss with every sin. Those are the ones clad in their armor of God ready for war. Now jerry63935, there is something about the armor of God you should seek to understand; and that is the armor that you wear is armor that YOU have fitted and clothed YOURSELF in for battle and for war as you await your salvation. But there are believers who know their salvation on the other side of the cross. They have no need of armor, for they are no longer at war. They have received the promise of peace, and as over-comers, they have been fitted with a new garment.

jerry, if you have been crucified with Christ, then you are dead with Christ. If you are dead with Christ, then what more can kill you? What more can armor do for a dead man? Armor is for warfare, but it is not a garment fit for a wedding.

I concur 100%. People who pay regard to Satan are not paying regard to Christ; They look for an Antichrist leader in the kingdoms of this world, and know not the Kingdom of Christ.

There are believers on both sides of the cross. There are believers on this side as there are believers on the other. There are those who stand before the cross seeking their redemption, fearing its loss with every sin. Those are the ones clad in their armor of God ready for war. Now jerry63935, there is something about the armor of God you should seek to understand; and that is the armor that you wear is armor that YOU have fitted and clothed YOURSELF in for battle and for war as you await your salvation. But there are believers who know their salvation on the other side of the cross. They have no need of armor, for they are no longer at war. They have received the promise of peace, and as over-comers, they have been fitted with a new garment.

jerry, if you have been crucified with Christ, then you are dead with Christ. If you are dead with Christ, then what more can kill you? What more can armor do for a dead man? Armor is for warfare, but it is not a garment fit for a wedding.
hmm i am sure GLAD to meet someone who has never done battles with Satan BTW i am more than full aware of the armor of God.. you pretend the devil never bothers you and you never experience warfare . i call your hand be cause the devil mission is to kill steal and destroy .he especially wants to do this to Christians . i will tell you just like i did timothy the title is STRAGEY revealed BY scripture.. you come on here posting like Satan has never attacked you . warfare is real and its a everyday event .. you tell me you dont have warfare of some sort. i call your hand .

Thank you! I find nothing good in thinking that Satan is somehow attacking me. What makes sense to me is that when I find myself in hardships, and there are MANY of them . . . to me, this has absolutely nothing to do with Satan, but EVERYTHING to do with God knowing what circumstances I need so as to further help and build my character so that I not only Love Him with all my Heart, soul, and mind . . . but also so that I would reflect the Glory of God more and more.

People, for some amazing reason, rarely EVER talk about the Holy Discipline of the Lord, but instead dwell on being attacked. Ugh . . . I hear it every week in my Bible Study group. It just blows my mind, but anyway . . . I am convinced that the vast majority of Christians are confusing the Plan of God, which includes His Discipline, with Satanic attacks.

Jesus kicked Satan and his Sinful Nature out of my life. I don't pay attention to the Devil; I pay attention to God.

It's a funny thing . . .

No one knows [how] to put on the Armor of God. How do we grab hold of these devices? Further . . . who has done this? Is there anyone here who can tell us how they put on each specific piece of Spiritual Armor?

if you have been crucified with Christ, then you are dead with Christ. If you are dead with Christ, then what more can kill you? What more can armor do for a dead man? Armor is for warfare, but it is not a garment fit for a wedding.

Wow. Those are four amazing sentences.

I don't worry about falling to Satan, for Satan has already been felled from my life. At least, that's How Jesus views these things:

Luke 10:17-18 NLT - "When the seventy-two disciples returned, they joyfully reported to him, "Lord, even the demons obey us when we use your name!" "Yes," he told them, "I saw Satan fall from heaven like lightning!"

Boys and girls . . . if you're a True Christian, then Satan has been put on notice, and a fully protective hedge has been placed around you. There is absolutely nothing that can separate you from the Love of Christ. Nope. Not one thing. So, stop worrying about the strategies of the Devil, but be thankful that your name is written in Heaven.

I agree. Especially since God has made me healthy to the extent that I look younger than my age…

I see how good God is and people will literally say things like dirty old flamers dreams came true…

Which just shows how cruel cold and wicked the world really is doesn’t it?

It's a funny thing . . .

No one knows [how] to put on the Armor of God. How do we grab hold of these devices? Further . . . who has done this? Is there anyone here who can tell us how they put on each specific piece of Spiritual Armor?

Why it is actually quite easy. You pick up a Bible, you read it, you believe it, you create your own faith by justifying said beliefs, insist that others believe as you do or they are damned for eternity, and then when someone challenges your understandings or beliefs, the very same word can act your shield of faith.

what do we have?

A helmet of salvation: I believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, I have put on my helmet as a hope for salvation.

Loins girt about with truth, a Belt. I carry my Bible about me, it is the truth, it is the official Word of God.

Breastplate of Righteousness. I believe in Jesus. I can't you to the party with their might be drinking and that would be wrong. I'm obedient to the pieces of God's word that I choose to obey, so my self-righteousness is sufficient.

Shield of Faith: What more be said. I Believe what I have read, I believe what I have heard, it is my faith, it is my shield against any who would dispute with me.

Oh, the Sword of truth, which is the word of God. The Bible, you ask me a question, I'll quote for you a verse.

Let's not forget the shoes, being shod with the gospel of peace, or what ever tract my local ministry wished to disperse. Repent! Repent! Gospel of peace? How did I end up with boots of destruction?

The armor is easy to put on, it stands against the whiles of the devil quite well from the outside. But from the Spirit of Christ on the inside, well, not so much. But, as I said before, armor is not the proper attire for those called to a wedding.

hmm i am sure GLAD to meet someone who has never done battles with Satan BTW i am more than full aware of the armor of God.. you pretend the devil never bothers you and you never experience warfare . i call your hand be cause the devil mission is to kill steal and destroy .he especially wants to do this to Christians . i will tell you just like i did timothy the title is STRAGEY revealed BY scripture.. you come on here posting like Satan has never attacked you . warfare is real and its a everyday event .. you tell me you dont have warfare of some sort. i call your hand .

When I was young I grew up on a small family dairy farm, I pitched an awful lot of cow shit around back in the day. But now that I am older and have move on, and with the family farm long gone, I no longer have to worry about the cows.

It's a funny thing . . .

Why do you mock God's word ?

Ephesians 6
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

The helmet of salvation is placed on your head when you are born again . 2nd Timothy Group you are wearing the helmet of salvation right now .

Why it is actually quite easy. You pick up a Bible, you read it, you believe it, you create your own faith by justifying said beliefs, insist that others believe as you do or they are damned for eternity, and then when someone challenges your understandings or beliefs, the very same word can act your shield of faith.

what do we have?

A helmet of salvation: I believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, I have put on my helmet as a hope for salvation.

Loins girt about with truth, a Belt. I carry my Bible about me, it is the truth, it is the official Word of God.

Breastplate of Righteousness. I believe in Jesus. I can't you to the party with their might be drinking and that would be wrong. I'm obedient to the pieces of God's word that I choose to obey, so my self-righteousness is sufficient.

Shield of Faith: What more be said. I Believe what I have read, I believe what I have heard, it is my faith, it is my shield against any who would dispute with me.

Oh, the Sword of truth, which is the word of God. The Bible, you ask me a question, I'll quote for you a verse.

Let's not forget the shoes, being shod with the gospel of peace, or what ever tract my local ministry wished to disperse. Repent! Repent! Gospel of peace? How did I end up with boots of destruction?

The armor is easy to put on, it stands against the whiles of the devil quite well from the outside. But from the Spirit of Christ on the inside, well, not so much. But, as I said before, armor is not the proper attire for those called to a wedding.

I hear what you're saying, but I would say that putting on the Armor of God is a much, much different process than offered above.

Have a great night!

Sure it is possible that he has never done battle with Satan . There are Christians that are dead already , If they are dead how can they be of any bother to Satan .

Back