Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is our answer in times of need.

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

[__ Science __ ] Noah’s Ark: The Problem of Violent Waves

The polar ice has been there for hundreds of
thousands of years.

Ice floats.

But the ice is still there.

Is that not impossible?
Back before the Flood, that ice would almost certainly not exist.
In fact, the Flood made 1 or 2 ice ages. Think about it, post-flood world would be *perfect* for ice ages.

those Ice ages came from God's Flooding of the earth, not pagans and athiests.

The Flood account is the original, and fakes and ripoffs came after that.

what you describe sounds like many biological evolution (of the K2K variety, i.e. bird-dino) and Cosmic evo scenarioes.
People regularly speculate where X COULD HAVE come from, what ancestor X animal COULD HAVE had. theres too much guesswork and illogical improbable scenarios that leave out many factors.

The Bible does not leave us in the dark like the Allegory side likes to think.

Bonus Fun fact: Neanderthals were also men, not "evolutionary ancestors that came from the monkey's ancestors". : https://crev.info/2024/08/neanderthals-r-us/
Were you there or do you just assume the story
is the true original account of something ypu assume really happened?

Of course Neanderthal were human.
likewise H. erectus

We are aware you deny the facts of evolution.

But with no facts to disprove it. Its just a hollow opinion.

I think it describes how to use tree rings to determine the age of a tree.

What do you think?
It's a good challenge to put forth to evolution of the K2K (kind to kind, kind being family) variety. Like what would a pre-tree do? And how would it ever perfect the mechanism/s for making the rings?

Tree rings are one of many gifts from God for many reasons. And getting dates from those are vastly more reliable than those "millions years" dates.

"In eastern California, a Great Basin bristlecone pine (Pinus longaeva) known as Methuselah has long been considered Earth's oldest living thing. According to tree-ring data, Methuselah is 4,853 years old — meaning it was well established by the time ancient Egyptians built the pyramids at Giza."

Back before the Flood, that ice would almost certainly not exist.
In fact, the Flood made 1 or 2 ice ages. Think about it, post-flood world would be *perfect* for ice ages.

those Ice ages came from God's Flooding of the earth, not pagans and athiests.
Atheists did not make polar ice, very true.

But your assertion of " fact" about " flood made ice age" has zero data. Not much of a fact.
I don't make claims I cannot support.
That would be a good practice for all to follow.

When btw do you think your flood happened?

It's a good challenge to put forth to evolution of the K2K (kind to kind, kind being family) variety. Like what would a pre-tree do? And how would it ever perfect the mechanism/s for making the rings?

Tree rings are one of many gifts from God for many reasons. And getting dates from those are vastly more reliable than those "millions years" dates.

"In eastern California, a Great Basin bristlecone pine (Pinus longaeva) known as Methuselah has long been considered Earth's oldest living thing. According to tree-ring data, Methuselah is 4,853 years old — meaning it was well established by the time ancient Egyptians built the pyramids at Giza."
Oh. Good. You accept the use of that technique
for dating. It's a simple proven thing but you
know how people can be.
Do you know that width of yearly rings varies with weather conditions and all the trees in the same area will show the same pattern of wide / narrow?

Bristlecone pine are cool. Is that the first yiu read about them?

Last edited:
Were you there or do you just assume the story
God was there. The Ark passengers were, too.
The point of the "we didnt observe it" argument is to show that something is not a scientific matter, but a historical one.
is the true original account of something ypu assume really happened?
I think you mean, "Do you assume that the original account really happened?"?
I have gotten evidence of it. All of any history contained in God's Word is accurate because God is Omniscient and never lies.
I read about a water containing gem that was evidence of Flood.
And arches. If earth is so old, if there was no global flood, erosion would kill the arches before they would form naturally.
And the usability of fossil fuels, instead of time disintegrating them. Dont matter how much preservation one puts.

Thanks for asking. One thing about the truth, is it can always handle questions, instead of dodging or crumbling. And you learn more!

You changed the subject.
How? You said something about tree rings, and I replied and talked about tree rings. I didnt only talk about K2K evo.

When btw do you think your flood happened?
The historical global flood, not "my" flood.

Around 4,000 years ago, give or take 450.
But your assertion of " fact" about " flood made ice age" has zero data
Which data do you refer to? Scientific or historical?

"Since the Flood offers a viable explanation for the Ice Age, one could expect that the Ice Age would be mentioned in the Bible. It is possible that the book of Job, written about 500 years or so after the Flood, may include a reference to the Ice Age in Job 38:29–30, which says, “From whose womb comes the ice? And the frost of heaven, who gives it birth? The waters harden like stone, and the surface of the deep is frozen.” However, Job could have observed frost and lake ice during winter in Palestine, especially if temperatures were colder because of the Ice Age. The reason the Ice Age is not directly discussed in the Bible is probably because the Scandinavian ice sheet and mountain ice caps were farther north than the region where the Bible was written. Only an increase in the snow coverage of Mt. Hermon and possibly more frequent snowfalls on the high areas of the Middle East would have been evident to those living in Palestine."
excerpt from

We are aware you deny the facts of evolution.
Which "evolution"?

Do you mean CAFPT, alleles changing in populations? No, that is indeed a fact, but i would not call it "evolution", since that is associated with the bird-to-dino type "evolution".

Speciation? That is observed regularly too, but i also would not call speciation "evolution" for same reasons.

Or, K2K , kind to kind evo, the one that is associated with "monkey to man" (NOTE: Mainstream evolutionist media/institutions have long since rejected this. Ancestors are promoted instead.) and Bird-dino. Ie, the Contra Biblical one. The guess-based one.
But with no facts to disprove it. Its just a hollow opinion.

what do you mean by design and why do you put it in quotes?

: to create, fashion, execute, or construct according to plan : devise, contrive design a system for tracking inventory

Limited creatures design. God has no need to plan, devise, or figure things out. He's not merely greater than any human could be; He's the unique Creator.

Which "evolution"?
The scientific definition of biological evolution. Change in allele frequencies in a population.

Do you mean CAFPT, alleles changing in populations? No, that is indeed a fact, but i would not call it "evolution"
That's pretty much like saying, it's a fact that things fall down, but I wouldn't call it "gravity."

C'mon.

Or, K2K , kind to kind evo, the one that is associated with "monkey to man"
Oh, the magic YE creationist story about evolution. No, that's just a superstition, not the real thing. "Monkey to man" is just one of those weird ideas YE creationists invent when they don't know what they're talking about.

Speciation? That is observed regularly too, but i also would not call speciation "evolution" for same reasons.
Speciation, which is also a change in allele frequencies in a population, is by definition evolution, but it's a special kind, called "macroevolution."
Macroevolution involves variation of allele frequencies at or above the level of a species, where an allele is a specific iteration of a given gene. It is an area of study concerned with variation in frequencies of alleles that are shared between species and with speciation events, and also includes extinction. It is contrasted with microevolution, which is mainly concerned with the small-scale patterns of evolution within a species or population.

Or, K2K , kind to kind evo, the one that is associated with "monkey to man"
Again, you're confusing the natural phenomenon with the YE creationist superstition.

The guess-based one.
The YE one is more of a fairy tale than "guess-based."

God was there. The Ark passengers were, too.
The point of the "we didnt observe it" argument is to show that something is not a scientific matter, but a historical one.

I think you mean, "Do you assume that the original account really happened?"?
I have gotten evidence of it. All of any history contained in God's Word is accurate because God is Omniscient and never lies.
I read about a water containing gem that was evidence of Flood.
And arches. If earth is so old, if there was no global flood, erosion would kill the arches before they would form naturally.
And the usability of fossil fuels, instead of time disintegrating them. Dont matter how much preservation one puts.

Thanks for asking. One thing about the truth, is it can always handle questions, instead of dodging or crumbling. And you learn more!
Um, it's true because it's true isn't a very good reason.

As for oil, I don't know where you got the idea
it should disintegrate.

A seemingly odd place for a girl from Hong Kong but I spent 6 weeks one summer of Uni ( NYU )
in Kansas state with a petroleum geologist.

Spent time at well sites, watched the drilling,
helped get samples of cuttings, study them in
the "lab" in a trailer.

Very cool. The little rock chips of shale, limestone
marl coming from the Mowata,the Bandera etc
formations hundreds of meters below the wheat field.

I had my microscopic museum of bits of fossil
crinoids and other ancient sea creatures.
Bits of iron pyrite to pretend was gold from
an unmineable depth.

Bits of very solid limestone, no porosity.
Bits of " vugular" ( porous) limestone.
that's where oil could b. But usually isn't.

Then here's bits from a known oil producing g formation coming up! You can see the blackened stone. But...no smell. No " flash" of it dissolving
in CCl04. " Dead" oil, just a stain left. It's migrated
elsewhere.

Later...you can smell it! You can see it!
BUT the stratum is only about 2 ft thick. Not
enough to bother with.
Not super relevant to topic but I do know some geology.

"Since the Flood offers a viable explanation for the Ice Age, one could expect that the Ice Age would be mentioned in the Bible. It is possible that the book of Job, written about 500 years or so after the Flood, may include a reference to the Ice Age in Job 38:29–30, which says, “From whose womb comes the ice? And the frost of heaven, who gives it birth? The waters harden like stone, and the surface of the deep is frozen.” However, Job could have observed frost and lake ice during winter in Palestine, especially if temperatures were colder because of the Ice Age. The reason the Ice Age is not directly discussed in the Bible is probably because the Scandinavian ice sheet and mountain ice caps were farther north than the region where the Bible was written. Only an increase in the snow coverage of Mt. Hermon and possibly more frequent snowfalls on the high areas of the Middle East would have been evident to those living in Palestine."
excerpt from
There is polar ice far far older than
4000, 10,000, or any other biblical
flood date. Or so shows a very large body
of research.

Ice floats.

So either the ice was not there or there was no flood.

Denial of Ice cap age involves any awful lot of fact- denying

Last edited:
Barbarian, regarding the reason Ham won't actually build an Ark and see it if works for a year:
There's a more practical reason, isn't there? I mean, if AIG could pull that off, that would shut up all the critics of his interpretation, wouldn't it?

If you can demonstrate that millions of years are real
Don't have to. All he'd have to do, is build the Ark, put the required number of people and animals aboard, and let it float about on the ocean for a year. But we both know why he'll never do that, don't we?

As Earth continues existing, there will always be those in opposition to Facts, especially if they come from the Bible. Like the Noahs (gloal ;) )Flood truth.
But just the same Ken Ham is never going to put his assumptions to the test, is he? Ham reacts to facts the way a vampire reacts to a crucifix.

No one can back their "this object is millions of years old" with a demonstration.
Because it would take millions of years. In fact, the demonstrations are going on all around us. But AIG could do their demo in a year or even less. But we know why they will never try it.

Chinese language has "6 person boat".
They have "2 person boat" and "3 person boat" and so on. But the Ark story says 8 people were aboard. You've misread a really old YE creationist revision of a Chinese word for "boat." The thing is the element that would stand for 8, is used as a phonosemantic clue as to pronounciation.

is the Chinese word for "boat." The element on the left means "boat." The on the upper right, can mean eight, but in this case, hints at the archaic pronunciation of "boat" in Chinese.

Mabye noah's ark is real?
There's an easy way to text that assumption. But as we all know, AIG will never do it.

And no, I can't speak Mandarin, or any other language used in China. But I can, with a lot of difficulty, read some simple Chinese writing. Which is fortunately language-independent. As someone said, "every person should learn to speak English and write in Chinese." Easiest route to universal understanding.

Which "evolution"?

Do you mean CAFPT, alleles changing in populations? No, that is indeed a fact, but i would not call it "evolution", since that is associated with the bird-to-dino type "evolution".

Or, K2K , kind to kind evo, the one that is associated with "monkey to man" (NOTE: Mainstream evolutionist media/institutions have long since rejected this. Ancestors are promoted instead.) and Bird-dino. Ie, the Contra Biblical one. The guess-based one.
It's a poor discussion if you are going to just say things. There's no " contra bible" or "guess based one".

Evolution is evolution and there's vast body of related facts.

Which ones a person chooses to deny varies of course.

The data for dinosaurs and birds seems a set you
choose to deny.

excerpt from

excerpt from
" Yours" in the sense that it's your chosen.

Last edited:
Barbarian, regarding the reason Ham won't actually build an Ark and see it if works for a year:
There's a more practical reason, isn't there? I mean, if AIG could pull that off, that would shut up all the critics of his interpretation, wouldn't it?

Don't have to. All he'd have to do, is build the Ark, put the required number of people and animals aboard, and let it float about on the ocean for a year. But we both know why he'll never do that, don't we?

But just the same Ken Ham is never going to put his assumptions to the test, is he? Ham reacts to facts the way a vampire reacts to a crucifix.

Because it would take millions of years. In fact, the demonstrations are going on all around us. But AIG could do their demo in a year or even less. But we know why they will never try it.

They have "2 person boat" and "3 person boat" and so on. But the Ark story says 8 people were aboard. You've misread a really old YE creationist revision of a Chinese word for "boat." The thing is the element that would stand for 8, is used as a phonosemantic clue as to pronounciation.

is the Chinese word for "boat." The element on the left means "boat." The on the upper right, can mean eight, but in this case, hints at the archaic pronunciation of "boat" in Chinese.

There's an easy way to text that assumption. But as we all know, AIG will never do it.

And no, I can't speak Mandarin, or any other language used in China. But I can, with a lot of difficulty, read some simple Chinese writing. Which is fortunately language-independent. As someone said, "every person should learn to speak English and write in Chinese." Easiest route to universal understanding.
Writing in Chinese is not exactly easy

Back