Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Noahs Flood explained and Evolution refuted.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

reddogs

This is very good explanation of Noah's Flood and the resulting evidence across the world basically refuting Evolution.

Since evolution is directly observed in populations constantly, I think your guys probably don't know what evolution is. I suppose they could be lying or deluded...

What do you think it is?

Since evolution is directly observed in populations constantly, I think your guys probably don't know what evolution is. I suppose they could be lying or deluded...

What do you think it is?
When it takes the place of the Creator its not evolution, its substitution. And Christians need to grasp that...

When it takes the place of the Creator its not evolution, its substitution.
So when we discovered that lighting is caused by air movement in the atmosphere, rather than God tossing bolts at His enemies, it's not meteorology, it's substitution? How silly. The only difference is, your new doctrines aren't opposed to an informed understanding of lightning.
And Christians need to grasp that...
Sounds like selective faith, to me. Evolution is an observed phenomenon. Why not accept that God created the world to work as He intended?

Hey All,
Evolution within populations is considered micro evolution.
We see evidence for this.
Macro evolution between species has not been observed.
A wolf, through man's breeding, may become a dog.
A dog does not evolve into a cat no matter how much mankind tries.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

So when we discovered that lighting is caused by air movement in the atmosphere, rather than God tossing bolts at His enemies, it's not meteorology, it's substitution? How silly. The only difference is, your new doctrines aren't opposed to an informed understanding of lightning.

Sounds like selective faith, to me. Evolution is an observed phenomenon. Why not accept that God created the world to work as He intended?

Strange how ' Christians ' who believe in evolution denigrate God.

Do you really believe that God cannot, has not intervened in events in the world.
The bottom line is where does ultimate authority lie.
With God as seen in tg
He bible or with the pronouncements of atheistic scientists?

As a Christian you and I believe what science says is impossible.
Jesus, healed, raised the dead, died and came to life again.
Science can only say they have never seen these things happen so they are not scientific lyrics possible.
Yet you believe it happened.

Strange how ' Christians ' who believe in evolution denigrate God.
Rather it is strange how often 'Christians" who object to evolution, denigrate God. God created the world to function according to His will. So its not "denigrating God" to show that lightning or evolution are natural processes. That's why He created nature.

Do you really believe that God cannot, has not intervened in events in the world.
I've shown you that He does. Where we differ is that I realize that He doesn't have to do this to make it work. Miracles are to teach us something, not because God had to tinker with creation to keep it working. Have a little more faith in God, and this will cease to trouble you.

As a Christian you and I believe what science says is impossible.
You have that wrong, too. Science does not, and cannot rule out miracles.

People who don't like God as He is, try to tell you that He is not compatible with His creation. And that's a falsehood. Let God be God and listen to him, not other men.

Yeah it has, multiple times. I posted some examples here:

I looked at the topics. Unless I missed one, all I saw were reporting changes within the species. That is micro evolution. The evidence for it is clearly there.
None of them show a transformation, or transition, from an existing species to a new, different species.
There is nothing that I have seen that documents this transition.

Dogs don't become cats. Cats don't become dogs. We can produce a mule by breeding a horse and a donkey. But the mule cannot reproduce itself. They are born sterile.

Change from two distinctly different species do not change into a reproducible third distinct species.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

I looked at the topics. Unless I missed one, all I saw were reporting changes within the species.
Nope. Every one of them is a documented case of the evolution of a new species. That's why I posted them in the first place.

Dogs don't become cats. Cats don't become dogs.
FYI, "dog" and "cat" are not species designations. Dogs (canids) are a taxonomic family, as are cats (felids).

I looked at the topics. Unless I missed one, all I saw were reporting changes within the species. That is micro evolution. The evidence for it is clearly there.
None of them show a transformation, or transition, from an existing species to a new, different species.
There is nothing that I have seen that documents this transition.
Even many YE creationists now admit macroevoutionary change:

As creationists, we must frequently remind detractors that we do not deny that species vary, change, and even appear over time.
Before the time of Charles Darwin, a false idea had crept into the church—the belief in the “fixity” or “immutability” of species. According to this view, each species was created in precisely the same form that we find it today. The Bible nowhere teaches that species are fixed and unchanging.

As you seem to know, "microevolution" is evolution within a species and "macroevolution" speciation. And AIG is correct that the Bible does not deny speciation. But it doesn't deny the evolution of new genera, families, orders, classes, phyla, kingdoms or domains, either.
Change from two distinctly different species do not change into a reproducible third distinct species.
New animal species rarely evolve from hybridization of two other species, although it occasionally happens. It's more common in plants. Would you like to learn more about it?

What do you think it is?

When it takes the place of the Creator its not evolution, its substitution.
I'm guessing you have no idea about what evolution is, since you declined to answer the question. That doesn't surprise anyone.
"People are usually down on things they aren't up on." - Everette Dirkson

Evolution is just a phenomenon of nature, created by God. I don't think you're trying to set up a substitute for God; I think you just don't know very much about the way His creation works.

What do you think it is?
The "speciation" of animal kind, which human kind does not need.

What do you think it is?

The "speciation" of animal kind, which human kind does not need.
Human evolution is different from the evolution of other animals? Show us that with evidence.

Hint: Human evolution is directly observed. Would you like to learn about that?

The flood story is an allegory. We are not all descended from members of Noah's family who must have had incestuous relationships if the flood story is history.

That's not to say there is not a historical basis for all the flood stories around the world.

The flood story is an allegory. We are not all descended from members of Noah's family who must have had incestuous relationships if the flood story is history.

That's not to say there is not a historical basis for all the flood stories around the world.
We don't actually know that. The flood certainly was not worldwide, nor does the Bible say it was. But it could have been an allegory. It really doesn't matter. People who worry about whether it was a literal flood or an allegory miss the entire message God is giving us within the story.

your belief, not fact.
fossil graveyards, dino soft tissue, and smooth grand canyon all point to a flood. there is NO evidence of "flood=allegory".
God's Word does not lie, there is no allegory.

What do you think it is?
observed by whom??
Oh wait, its not observed!! its guesses about the past extrapolated from fossils!!

You are being obtuse. Lighting happens multiple times, and it is observational science. NOT speculating about "monke into man over million millennia!!"
We never see kinds turning into different kinds (monke to man) - no, we see kinds staying kinds, just like the Bible says.

Back