Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Noahs Flood explained and Evolution refuted.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So when we discovered that lighting is caused by air movement in the atmosphere, rather than God tossing bolts at His enemies, it's not meteorology, it's substitution? How silly. The only difference is, your new doctrines aren't opposed to an informed understanding of lightning.

Sounds like selective faith, to me. Evolution is an observed phenomenon. Why not accept that God created the world to work as He intended?

You are being obtuse.
Perhaps you don't know what "obtuse" means. What do you think it means?
Lighting happens multiple times, and it is observational science.
So is evolution. We see it going on in living populations everywhere. It's going on in human populations. Would you like to learn about some interesting examples?

I'm wondering if you don't know what biological evolution is. What do you think it is?

NOT speculating about "monke into man over million millennia!!"
There you go again. Scientists don't say humans evolved from monkeys Monkeys are too evolved in their own direction to have give rise to humans. As the man says, "people are down on things they aren't up on."

Since evolution is directly observed in populations constantly, I think your guys probably don't know what evolution is. I suppose they could be lying or deluded...

What do you think it is?

observed by whom??
Pretty much everyone who looks. The key here is that you don't seem to know what biological evolution is. What do you think it is?

observed by whom??
Oh wait, its not observed!! its guesses about the past extrapolated from fossils!!
Well, your fellow YE creationist do admit (in the words of one informed YE creationist) that the large number of fossil transitionals is "very good evidence for macroevolutionary theory." But no, evolution is directly observed in living populations.

You don't know what evolution is, do you? Maybe it would be good to go find out?

So when we discovered that lighting is caused by air movement in the atmosphere, rather than God tossing bolts at His enemies, it's not meteorology, it's substitution? How silly. The only difference is, your new doctrines aren't opposed to an informed understanding of lightning.

Sounds like selective faith, to me. Evolution is an observed phenomenon. Why not accept that God created the world to work as He intended?

Perhaps you don't know what "obtuse" means. What do you think it means?

So is evolution. We see it going on in living populations everywhere. It's going on in human populations. Would you like to learn about some interesting examples?

I'm wondering if you don't know what biological evolution is. What do you think it is?

There you go again. Scientists don't say humans evolved from monkeys Monkeys are too evolved in their own direction to have give rise to humans. As the man says, "people are down on things they aren't up on."
No, we dont see evolution. We only see genes being expressed or repressed or shuffled. God created animals to produce after their own kind. Monkeys could never make humans over any amount of time with any amount of transitional forms. A monkey that is 1% human is no longer in the monkey kind. It is a weird thing. All monkeys have 0% human dna.

Also a loving God would not use such a clumsy process of death. Why wouldnt He create instantly?? if bioevo were true, explain why so many athiests converted away from Christianity??
Evolution was also literally invented because Darwin sought a cause other than God. You can look it up. He questioned the Biblical Genesis account of the creation of life.
Evolution is supposed to have created SPECIES- NOT different KINDS. Of course, we only see speciation, from one KIND. And the KINDS have stayed the same. ALL SPECIES have not evolved onward and upward- only genetically got genetically shuffled, or went downward. All hippo species are still hippos.

We only see genetic loss, never any significant genetic gain.
If bioevo is true, then isnt God still creating even after the Seventh Day?

Who is this 1 YEC?
I get knowledge of evolution from many different sources. I assume "gradual genetic change through mutations in animals that, on average, goes onward and upward to eventually produce new features" or put simply, "goo 2 you" when i see evolution.
And i picture the March of Progress but with 400+ transitional forms in between the already picutred transitional forms.
What we see is genetic entropy. Not upgrades. Also we don't see monkeys giving rise to fish or something. Or humans giving rise to some odd creature, or a monkey.
And if biological evolution is true, then monkeys are made in God's Image too. They are, very indirectly, of the same species, according to bioevo.
Since evolution is directly observed in populations constantly, I think your guys probably don't know what evolution is. I suppose they could be lying or deluded...

What do you think it is?

Pretty much everyone who looks. The key here is that you don't seem to know what biological evolution is. What do you think it is?

Well, your fellow YE creationist do admit (in the words of one informed YE creationist) that the large number of fossil transitionals is "very good evidence for macroevolutionary theory." But no, evolution is directly observed in living populations.

You don't know what evolution is, do you? Maybe it would be good to go find out?

Who is this 1 YEC?
I get knowledge of evolution from many different sources. I assume "gradual genetic change through mutations in animals that, on average, goes onward and upward to eventually produce new features" or put simply, "goo 2 you" when i see evolution.
If you don't even know what evolution is, how can you hope to argue against it? I'm not surprised you hate science; if I thought it was like that, I'd hate it too. Your problem is fixable. Go learn about it and then you can talk intelligently about it.
And i picture the March of Progress but with 400+ transitional forms in between the already picutred transitional forms.
You still don't get it. Should we take some time to get you up to speed on this before continuing?
What we see is genetic entropy.
You were misled about that, too. Every new mutation in a population increases information in that population. If you think not, show me your numbers. If you don't know how to calculate information, why are you even talking about entropy?

Not upgrades. Also we don't see monkeys giving rise to fish or something.
If they did, evolutionary theory would be in big trouble. Again, because you don't even know what the theory is, you're just swinging wildly in the dark, at shadows that are mostly of your own making.

And if biological evolution is true, then monkeys are made in God's Image too.
Not if you believe God. Humans, like other animals, were made naturally. But that is not how we are in the image of God. Read your Bible and learn.

They are, very indirectly, of the same species, according to bioevo.
No. Again, not knowing what you're talking about is holding you back.

No, we dont see evolution.
We see it everywhere. Because you don't know what biological evolution is, you're just making up stories for yourself.

God created animals to produce after their own kind.
That's not what the Bible says. Check again. You added something there,that's not in the Bible.
Monkeys could never make humans over any amount of time with any amount of transitional forms.
That's true. Monkeys are too evolved in their own direction to have produced humans. Evolutionary theory doesn't say monkeys evolved into humans. Again, not knowing what you're talking about is hurting you here.
Also a loving God would not use such a clumsy process of death.
I don't second-guess God. You shouldn't, either.
Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Hint: "evil" here does not mean what a lot of people thing it does.

if bioevo were true, explain why so many athiests converted away from Christianity??
If lightning were true, why are there agnostics? These seem like absurd questions.

Evolution was also literally invented because Darwin sought a cause other than God.
You really missed on that one...

"There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved."
Charles Darwin, last sentence of On the Origin of Species

Evolution is supposed to have created SPECIES- NOT different KINDS.
Different species are different kinds. Perhaps you don't know what "kind" means in English?

ALL SPECIES have not evolved onward and upward
They aren't supposed to. Again, not knowing what evolution is, is holding you back.

All hippo species are still hippos.
Different kinds of hippos. And not surprisingly, genetics shows that hippos are the closest living relatives of whales. And we know that analysis works because we can check it by looking at genes of organisms of known descent.

We only see genetic loss, never any significant genetic gain.
No, that's demonstrably wrong. Let's say we have a population of organisms with two alleles at a given gene locus, each with a frequency of 1/2. What is the information for that gene? Now suppose a mutation happens and the third allele eventually has a frequency of about 1/3. What is the information for the gene now?

Show your work. If you don't know how to measure genetic gain, just say so, and I'll show you.

You don't think you're a creature of God? Or were you here before the seventh day? C'mon.

"We see it everywhere. Because you don't know what biological evolution is, you're just making up stories for yourself."
Says the one who thinks God's Word in Genesis is a bunch of metaphor.

"Different species are different kinds." No. Hippos are hippos are hippos.
Also, what do you define species as? I think we need to clear confusion on what it means.
The Bible's Books were not originally written in english.

Genesis 1:11 "Then God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit according to their kind with seed in them”; and it was so."
God INSTANTLY created plants. They didn't evolve seeds over oodles of time. They do not turn into different kinds.

"They aren't supposed to." True. God did not create things to "evolve".

" Again, not knowing what evolution is, is holding you back." What a tactic. Too bad I don't fall for it. Many people have different def's of evolution. The context here is goo2you biological evolution. I am not discussing cosmological evolution.

Not all change in a biological context is evolution - it is plainjane change, or degradation. But if you want to believe that, ah well. Mabye I will refer to "upgrading evolution", to clarify myself.

"different kinds of hippos"

"And not surprisingly, genetics shows that hippos are the closest living relatives of whales."
How? Source? Whales and hippos were created on different days.

" And we know that analysis works because we can check it by looking at genes of organisms of known descent." ASSUMED descent**

"No, that's demonstrably wrong. Let's say we have a population of organisms with two alleles at a given gene locus, each with a frequency of 1/2. What is the information for that gene? Now suppose a mutation happens and the third allele eventually has a frequency of about 1/3. What is the information for the gene now?"
Depends on what the mutation is. Depends on what said allele is. And what do the 2 and 3 refer to, in 1/2 and 1/3? And besides, this is a theoretical scenario.

"You don't think you're a creature of God?" This doesn't answer the question. Non-sequitur.
" Or were you here before the seventh day?" I wasn't. But God, Adam, and Eve were.

Again, If bioevo is true, then isnt God still creating even after the Seventh Day?

"We see it everywhere. Because you don't know what biological evolution is, you're just making up stories for yourself."
Says the one who thinks God's Word in Genesis is a bunch of metaphor.
Perhaps you don't know the difference between allegory and metaphor. Metaphor would be saying it's better to be alive dog than a dead lion. Allegory would be describing different aspects of creation as different days.

The point is, you don't know what evolution is, or even what the theory that describes is is about.

Also, what do you define species as?
A population of interbreeding animals. This is the major problem creationists have. If creationism were true; there'd be nice, neat divisions between species, between genera and so on. But there are all sorts of half-species and so on. This, as Darwin pointed out, is strong evidence for biological evolution. But it's an unsolvable mystery for creationists.

The Bible's Books were not originally written in english.
Right. This is where your confusion of "kind" with some kind of taxonomic description comes. The Bible puts bats and birds in the same kind, because scripture classifies animals by functional classes, not by relatedness.

Not all change in a biological context is evolution
Here's how it works

Getting a sun tan is adaptation, but not evolution.
A neutral mutation is evolution, but not adaptation.
A mutation that lets humans survive at higher altitudes is adaptation and evolution.

Memorize that,and you won't have so much difficulty.

Genesis 1:11 "Then God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit according to their kind with seed in them”; and it was so."
The Earth brought forth living things. Not poofed, but made by natural means. Evolution just explains how that happened.

And not surprisingly, genetics shows that hippos are the closest living relatives of whales.

Anatomy:
Whales have an ungulate digestive system, not found in other mammals. And it still works in whales as it does in ungulates:
Whales are carnivores that feed on small shrimp-like crustaceans. Yet their digestive systems do not resemble those of carnivorous mammals. Surprisingly, their stomachs are most similar to those of cows!
The stomachs of whales are compartmentalized into multiple chambers (or stomachs) like those of ruminants. Biologist and whale expert Pierre-Henry Fontaine explains, “compartments allow them to swallow large quantities of food quickly and without having to chew.”
In cows, these compartments serve to break down the cellulose found in plants in order to digest it. They ruminate their food, which means they digest it a first time, regurgitate it, swallow it again and digest it for good.

In 2015, a team of researchers discovered that the bacteria found in the digestive systems of baleen whales are a sort of hybrid between those of cows and those of predators with a meat-rich diet such as lions or tigers. But if whales don’t eat algae, why do they maintain typical herbivore bacteria?

Mixing these two types of microbial communities allows whales to digest not only the flesh of the small crustaceans they eat, but also their carapaces (shells). The first chamber of the whale’s stomach works the same way as the digestive system of ruminants and breaks down the main component of crustacean carapaces: chitin.

Fossil record:
Primitive whales show transitional forms between them and artiodactyles like hippos.

Science
21 Sep 2001
Vol 293, Issue 5538
pp. 2239-2242

Origin of Whales from Early Artiodactyls: Hands and Feet of Eocene Protocetidae from Pakistan

Genetics:

Whales are most closely related genetically to hippos.
A study published in the latest issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences shows that the whale and the hippo are each other's closest living relatives. The genetic analysis was conducted by Masato Nikaido and Norihiro Okada of the Tokyo Institute of Technology, and by Alejandro P. Rooney in the Institute of Molecular Evolutionary Genetics at Penn State.

Rooney says, "We knew from previous work that whales were closely related to even-toed hoofed mammals, but the studies had been inconclusive or unreliable regarding exactly where they fit in the family tree of this group of mammals." This new study, like previous ones, found that animals such as the hippo, camel, pig, giraffe, sheep, and cow do share many segments of DNA with whales, porpoises, and dolphins, indicating that at some point they all had a common ancestor. However, DNA segments found only in whales and hippos indicate that they have a common ancestor that is not part of the evolutionary history of the other animals. "Ours is the first study to provide reliable confirmation that hippos are the sister-group to whales," says Rooney. Whales and hippos share several adaptations to life in an aquatic environment, including oil-producing skin glands, the lack of hair, and the use of underwater vocalizations for communication.

Whales and hippos were created on different days.
Surprise. The writer of Genesis assumed whales were fish, just as another writer of scripture assumed that bats were birds. It has nothing to do with the message therein.

" And we know that analysis works because we can check it by looking at genes of organisms of known descent." ASSUMED descent**
Nope. We can do it on a lineage of animals for which we have documentation of descent. It always works.

"No, that's demonstrably wrong. Let's say we have a population of organisms with two alleles at a given gene locus, each with a frequency of 1/2. What is the information for that gene? Now suppose a mutation happens and the third allele eventually has a frequency of about 1/3. What is the information for the gene now?

Show your work. If you don't know how to measure genetic gain, just say so, and I'll show you.

Depends on what said allele is.
Nope. You don't have a clue about how information works in genetics, do you?

In the first case the information is about 0.30. In the second, it's about 0.47. This using the Shannon equation for information which also happens to tell us how to make the internet work, and how to send reliable radio signals across billions of kilometers of space using very low-powered transmitters.

This doesn't answer the question.
Sure does. If you're a creature of God, He continued creating after the sixth day (rested on the seventh, remember?) Assuming you weren't there before the seventh day, of course. Were you? But then, I know I wasn't there, so we have two choices:

God doesn't tell the truth, or God continues to create things in this world.

Your choice.

That's not what the Bible says. Check again. You added something there,that's not in the Bible.

That's true. Monkeys are too evolved in their own direction to have produced humans. Evolutionary theory doesn't say monkeys evolved into humans. Again, not knowing what you're talking about is hurting you here.

I don't second-guess God. You shouldn't, either.
Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Hint: "evil" here does not mean what a lot of people thing it does.

If lightning were true, why are there agnostics? These seem like absurd questions.

You really missed on that one...

"There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved."
Charles Darwin, last sentence of On the Origin of Species
"Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind"; and it was so."
No evolution. Kind after kind. Hippo after hippo.

Created*. But evolutionISTS are asserting that we did. Why was the March of Progress painted??

"I don't second-guess God." You certainly DO, with your pseudo"scientific" REinterpretation of Genesis that virtually NOBODY believed till evo was invented. This is probably the most ironic thing in our discussion!!

"If lightning were true, why are there agnostics? These seem like absurd questions." Straw man. People see evo, and then the Creation account. People with common sense know the 2 CANT be merged. I have heard of Christians questioning their faith with evolution, but no-one questioning it due to lighting existing.

Yeah, that was LAST sentence..... what about BEFORE??

If you don't even know what evolution is, how can you hope to argue against it? I'm not surprised you hate science; if I thought it was like that, I'd hate it too.

You still don't get it. Should we take some time to get you up to speed on this before continuing?

You were misled about that, too. Every new mutation in a population increases information in that population. If you think not, show me your numbers. If you don't know how to calculate information, why are you even talking about entropy?

If they did, evolutionary theory would be in big trouble. Again, because you don't even know what the theory is, you're just swinging wildly in the dark, at shadows that are mostly of your own making.

Not if you believe God. Humans, like other animals, were made naturally. But that is not how we are in the image of God. Read your Bible and learn.

No. Again, not knowing what you're talking about is holding you back.
"kv44 hate science" Classic strawmanning of Creationists. By your logic, you hate science because you believe in the Virgin Birth!

"Your problem is fixable. Go learn about it and then you can talk intelligently about it." Learn about the Genesis account :idea

"Every new mutation in a population increases information in that population." There's 2 other mutation types called DELETION and SUBSTITUTION. You are only focusing on Insertions. No calculations needed.

"If they did, evolutionary theory would be in big trouble" So it is self refuting!! Assuming *my* definition of course.

Yes, I trust the Bible's CREATION (Not cobbling!!) account over manmade origin stories like Bioevo.

This is very good explanation of Noah's Flood and the resulting evidence across the world basically refuting Evolution.
While I hope this helped someone learn the truth,
sorrowfully I don't see any need or good results to refute evolution any more than refuting martians invading the earth .
Partly because in an open forum too many believe and support and promote such false ideas without any remorse for promoting what is contrary to truth, opposed to Jesus, and denies Scripture. (no matter what approach is used) .

Perhaps you don't know the difference between allegory and metaphor. Metaphor would be saying it's better to be alive dog than a dead lion. Allegory would be describing different aspects of creation as different days.
Ok well you are still trying to put allegory where there is none.

A population of interbreeding animals. This is the major problem creationists have. If creationism were true; there'd be nice, neat divisions between species, between genera and so on. But there are all sorts of half-species and so on. This, as Darwin pointed out, is strong evidence for biological evolution. But it's an unsolvable mystery for creationists.
Why do you believe this? Half species are evidence that they are descended from a common CREATED KIND. Hippos from hippos. Those half species are STILL within the Genesis Kind. No evolution, only shuffling and relocating of PREEXISTING DNA.
It's not an unsolvable mystery in any way, shape, or form.

Right. This is where your confusion of "kind" with some kind of taxonomic description comes. The Bible puts bats and birds in the same kind, because scripture classifies animals by functional classes, not by relatedness.
Their relatedness can be traced back to God's DIRECT creation, not some pre-animals that you imagine He used.

A mutation that lets humans survive at higher altitudes is adaptation and evolution.
So your definition of evolution is just 'change'. No specifics, only a vague?

The Earth brought forth living things. Not poofed, but made by natural means. Evolution just explains how that happened.
They were created by God. God didn't tell pre-plant plants to turn into plants thru cobbling. Is God really so weak that He can't just create them?? Bioevoism would have me believe such!!
What does a tree seed that is planted do? It sprouts!

Whales have an ungulate digestive system, not found in other mammals. And it still works in whales as it does in ungulates:
No evolution. Common Designer. An airplane and a helicopter use jet engines - but virtually nobody is suggesting "MechEvo".

I don't think BioEvoists have posited even ONE pre-ungulate-system - but even if they did they would have DESIGNED it!!

Again, common design. No one has observed them "evolving". Similarities are not great at being bioevo evidence. See above.

Nope. We can do it on a lineage of animals for which we have documentation of descent. It always works.
Are you referring to phylogenetics??

ok, how?

Sure does. If you're a creature of God, He continued creating after the sixth day (rested on the seventh, remember?) Assuming you weren't there before the seventh day, of course. Were you? But then, I know I wasn't there, so we have two choices:

What Biblical evidence do you have that He is still creating?

The point is, you don't know what evolution is, or even what the theory that describes is is about.

Here's how it works

Getting a sun tan is adaptation, but not evolution.

Memorize that,and you won't have so much difficulty.

And not surprisingly, genetics shows that hippos are the closest living relatives of whales.

Anatomy:
Whales are carnivores that feed on small shrimp-like crustaceans. Yet their digestive systems do not resemble those of carnivorous mammals. Surprisingly, their stomachs are most similar to those of cows!
The stomachs of whales are compartmentalized into multiple chambers (or stomachs) like those of ruminants. Biologist and whale expert Pierre-Henry Fontaine explains, “compartments allow them to swallow large quantities of food quickly and without having to chew.”
In cows, these compartments serve to break down the cellulose found in plants in order to digest it. They ruminate their food, which means they digest it a first time, regurgitate it, swallow it again and digest it for good.

In 2015, a team of researchers discovered that the bacteria found in the digestive systems of baleen whales are a sort of hybrid between those of cows and those of predators with a meat-rich diet such as lions or tigers. But if whales don’t eat algae, why do they maintain typical herbivore bacteria?

Mixing these two types of microbial communities allows whales to digest not only the flesh of the small crustaceans they eat, but also their carapaces (shells). The first chamber of the whale’s stomach works the same way as the digestive system of ruminants and breaks down the main component of crustacean carapaces: chitin.

Fossil record:
Primitive whales show transitional forms between them and artiodactyles like hippos.

Science
21 Sep 2001
Vol 293, Issue 5538
pp. 2239-2242

Origin of Whales from Early Artiodactyls: Hands and Feet of Eocene Protocetidae from Pakistan

Genetics:

Whales are most closely related genetically to hippos.
A study published in the latest issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences shows that the whale and the hippo are each other's closest living relatives. The genetic analysis was conducted by Masato Nikaido and Norihiro Okada of the Tokyo Institute of Technology, and by Alejandro P. Rooney in the Institute of Molecular Evolutionary Genetics at Penn State.

Rooney says, "We knew from previous work that whales were closely related to even-toed hoofed mammals, but the studies had been inconclusive or unreliable regarding exactly where they fit in the family tree of this group of mammals." This new study, like previous ones, found that animals such as the hippo, camel, pig, giraffe, sheep, and cow do share many segments of DNA with whales, porpoises, and dolphins, indicating that at some point they all had a common ancestor. However, DNA segments found only in whales and hippos indicate that they have a common ancestor that is not part of the evolutionary history of the other animals. "Ours is the first study to provide reliable confirmation that hippos are the sister-group to whales," says Rooney. Whales and hippos share several adaptations to life in an aquatic environment, including oil-producing skin glands, the lack of hair, and the use of underwater vocalizations for communication.

Surprise. The writer of Genesis assumed whales were fish, just as another writer of scripture assumed that bats were birds. It has nothing to do with the message therein.

"No, that's demonstrably wrong. Let's say we have a population of organisms with two alleles at a given gene locus, each with a frequency of 1/2. What is the information for that gene? Now suppose a mutation happens and the third allele eventually has a frequency of about 1/3. What is the information for the gene now?

Nope. You don't have a clue about how information works in genetics, do you?

In the first case the information is about 0.30. In the second, it's about 0.47. This using the Shannon equation for information which also happens to tell us how to make the internet work, and how to send reliable radio signals across billions of kilometers of space using very low-powered transmitters.

Your choice.
Darwin also wrote in his book “The Descent of Man,” that the Australian Aboriginal people were closer to the Apes than those with light skin. In fact, The Aboriginal people were considered to be the supposed missing link in evolutionary history. Scientists sent people to Australia to kill the Aboriginal people and obtain their skins and skulls as specimens for museums—all in the name of evolution. There’s no doubt that Darwin’s ideas fueled a particular type of racism. Of course, as I’ve said before, sin is the ultimate cause of racism. But, the more people are convinced that there’s no God, the more they will abandon a worldview built on the bible that saw all people being made in the image of God and equal in value before God. There is much documentation that Hitler used Darwin’s ideas in justifying the killing of millions of people. Also, the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, used Darwin’s ideas to justify Eugenics, resulting in the killing of tens of millions of children by abortion. Keep in mind that Planned Parenthood was founded by a woman who built her worldview on Darwin’s beliefs about origins! The holocaust, tens of millions of children killed in abortion—all part of Darwin’s legacy. So why is Darwin protected from the cancel culture? Well Darwin is in reality the high priest of the religion of naturalism. As you study Darwin’s writings, you understand that Darwin’s motivation was to come up with a way of explaining life by natural processes, which is atheism. Yes, atheism is a religion. It’s a religion based on the belief that all life came about through natural processes and no supernatural was involved.

Darwin also wrote in his book “The Descent of Man,” that the Australian Aboriginal people were closer to the Apes than those with light skin.
He also thought Frenchmen were less evolved than Englishmen. He was a 19th century Englishman. The difference between Darwin and creationists was that he thought all humans were essentially alike in being intelligent and deserving rights. He had a huge row with the creationist captain of the ship he was traveling on, because he doubted the Captain's assertion that black people preferred to be slaves.

Today, of course, evolutionary theory has shown that there are no human races other than cultural ideas. But as late as the 1900s, creationists like Henry Morris co-founder of the Institute for Creation Research was still writing about the supposed intellectual and spiritual inferiority of black people. That is one of the key differences between creationists and evolutionists.

Not that all creationists today are racists. Many, if not most of them have rejected the racist foundations of creationism. But it's still a problem with many others of them.

Also, the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, used Darwin’s ideas to justify Eugenics, resulting in the killing of tens of millions of children by abortion.
The Nazis made the same claim. But like Sanger, they denied the findings of Darwinists like Reginald Punnett, who showed that their eugenic ideas were not merely (in the words of Darwin) an "overwhelming evil", but were also scientifically insupportable.

This didn't stop creationists like Dr. William Tinkel of the ICR, who suggested "institutionalizing defective people" to keep them from reproducing.

Of course, modern biology has shown that the creationist notion of "defective individuals" to be "kept from reproducing" is a foolish misunderstanding of the way evolution works. But many of them still believe it. The sad thing is, people like Hitler took the faulty assumptions of Tinkel and his fellow eugenicists, and too it to their logical conclusion.

As you study Darwin’s writings, you understand that Darwin’s motivation was to come up with a way of explaining life by natural processes, which is atheism. Yes, atheism is a religion.
You really struck out on that one. I already showed you that Darwin, in On the Origin of Species, attributed the origin of life to God. Did you forget already? Do I need to show you again?

Yes, atheism is a religion.
I find it odd that a professed Christian would use religion as a description for those who believe there is no God. It's a bad reflection on anyone professing to love God.

"Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind"; and it was so."
I'm glad you're willing to accept that much. But you still won't accept the way He did it.
No evolution.
As you learned, we see it happening in populations all around us, including humans. Would you like to learn about that?

"I don't second-guess God."
Your denial is undercut by your unwillingess to accept His word as it is.
REinterpretation of Genesis that virtually NOBODY believed till evo was invented.
In fact, St. Augustine pointed out that the "days" of creation could not be literal days, over a thousand years before Darwin. C'mon.
eople see evo, and then the Creation account. People with common sense know the 2 CANT be merged.
In fact, most of the world's Christians belong to denominations that are open to evolution. It's God's creation, after all. Creationism is a rejection of His creation. Fortunately, God doesn't care if you like evolution or not. Unless you make your new beliefs into an idol, it won't endanger your salvation.

Ok well you are still trying to put allegory where there is none.
Your revision of Genesis to make it literal doesn't change it. Let God decide.

"kv44 hate science" Classic strawmanning of Creationists.
To maintain your new beliefs, you have to reject physics, genetics, geology, astronomy... No point in denying the fact.
By your logic, you hate science because you believe in the Virgin Birth!
If science was like that, I'd hate it as much as you do. Science doesn't reject miracles. It just follows evidence where there is evidence. Your problem is fixable. Go learn about it and then you can talk intelligently about it.
Learn about the Genesis account
Most likely, I was studying Genesis before you were born.

(species defined)

Half species are evidence that they are descended from a common CREATED KIND.
They are evidence of a common ancestor. "Created kind" is just an imaginary idea you added to it All evolved organisms are created. You just don't like the way God does it.

No evolution, only shuffling and relocating of PREEXISTING DNA.
Nope. Remember when I told you not knowing anything about evolution was hurting you? It just did again. New alleles appear all the time, and as you learned add genetic information. Want some examples?

Their relatedness can be traced back to God's DIRECT creation, not some pre-animals that you imagine He used.
Evolution is God's direct action. It's His creation, after all. Set your pride aside and let Him have it His way.
So your definition of evolution is just 'change'.
Nope. Think back. What did I tell you? Did you forget? The Earth brought forth living things. Not poofed, but made by natural means. Evolution just explains how that happened.

They were created by God.
Yep. You just don't approve of the way He did it. We got that.
No evolution. Common Designer.
Wrong. God is no mere "designer." Humans must design. God creates. Have some respect for God. And as you learned, evolution is observed happening in all populations, including humans. Would you like some examples?

I don't think BioEvoists have posited even ONE pre-ungulate-system
We call them "transitionals." And even honest creationists admit that there are many of them:

Darwin’s fourth expectation — of stratomorphic series — has been confirmed by such examples as the early bird series,33 the tetrapod series,34,35 the whale series,36the various mammal series of the Cenozoic37 (for example, the horse series, the camel series, the elephant series, the pig series, thetitanothere series, etc.), the Cantius and Plesiadapus primate series,38 and the hominid series.39 Evidence for not just one but for all three of the species level and above types of stratomorphic intermediates expected by macroevolutionary theory is surely strong evidence for macroevolutionary theory. Creationists therefore need to accept this fact.
YE creationist Dr. Kurt Wise, Toward a Creationist Understanding of Transitional Forms

(regarding genetic identication of common descent)

Are you referring to phylogenetics??
No.

Genetic information is found by summing the products of the frequency of each allele by the log of the frequency of each allele.
So for two alleles, each 0.5 frequency, the information is 2(fa x log(fa)) or about 0,30
If mutation produces a third allele that so that we have three alleles with a frequency each of 0.3333, then the information is 3(fa x log(fa)) or about 0.47.

Which is an increase. I used the above numbers to make it simpler for you, but if you'd like different frequencies, I could do that for you as well.

Every new mutation in a population increases information in that population." There's 2 other mutation types called DELETION and SUBSTITUTION. You are only focusing on Insertions. No calculations needed.
It works the same way. And yes, if an allele is lost, the information decreases. In many cases, speciation occurs by reducing information, and subsequent new mutations. This is usually the way speciation happens. Would you like to learn why?

What Biblical evidence do you have that He is still creating?
Babies are born. You realize that each of us is a creature of God, do you not?

sorrowfully I don't see any need or good results to refute evolution any more than refuting martians invading the earth
The difference is, we don't observe martians invading the Earth, but we do observe evolution going on in living populations. For example, Tibetans have a mutated EPAS allele that allows them to thrive at high altitudes. That change in allele frequencies let them evolve to become fit to live at very high altitudes.

Partly because in an open forum too many believe and support and promote such false ideas without any remorse for promoting what is contrary to truth, opposed to Jesus, and denies Scripture.
You have to remember that YE creationism is an error, not a heresy. And it's not one that will cost you your salvation, unless you make an idol of it, and declare that all must believe it to be saved.

No evolution. Kind after kind. Hippo after hippo.
TY ; I Have to end time on this thread with this eternal, simple, truth.
The wicked continue to grow in wickedness;
The righteous get more righteous,
as written.

Barbarian
Ah yes, because the pandas thumb is a perfectly reliable blog. /s

The difference between Darwin and creationists was that he thought all humans were essentially alike in being intelligent and deserving rights
Evidence from his works?
Creationists think such, perhaps more so than evolutionists.

But as late as the 1900s, creationists like Henry Morris co-founder of the Institute for Creation Research was still writing about the supposed intellectual and spiritual inferiority of black people.
is this true??
What else did he believe??

But you still won't accept the way He did it
ironic.
who is more powerful: a God Who created life without needing to cobble it together, or your god??

Your denial is undercut by your unwillingess to accept His word as it is.
Try not to be ironic challenge (impossible)
There is NO BIBLICAL EVIDENCE the Genesis 1-11 account is allegory. Mabye i should take your words as allegory, and when you insist that they are literal, I'll say that you refuse to take your words as they are!!

In fact, St. Augustine pointed out that the "days" of creation could not be literal days, over a thousand years before Darwin. C'm
source?

Creationism is a rejection of His creation.
This is so upside down inside out backwards and illogical.:whirl

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back