Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Noahs Flood explained and Evolution refuted.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
There is a lot of that. And no, I don't buy the story that God tortures innocent animals to get even with Adam. Stop second-guessing God.
Where'd you get that story from?
YE creationists. They claim that Adam's sin caused God to let innocent animals suffer and die.

You can't sin accidentally. Sin is a rebellion against God.
James 4:17 So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

The legalistic Jews of the OT considered ignorance no excuse. But God does. You are held accountable for the things you knowingly do in rebellion against Him. Notice that Leviticus prescribes no sacrifice for those who intentionally disobey God. The sacrifices were for ritual cleansing.

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;

I'm sure you will backpedal on this as you did on Genesis.

The Bible doesn't say how God created matter. Just says He did. Evidence is that the universe began in an expansion from a very dense singularity. But science can't say what was there before that.

Of course it does.
Nope. You just inserted your own desires into the text to make it more acceptable to you.

IF the universe is expanding (i highly doubt it is, but won't touch on that much) why not God creating an expanding universe with no need for a singularity?
You're second-guessing God yet again. Why not just set your pride aside and accept it His way?

if God is still cobbling new, never-seen-before animal kinds (mins) via Evolution
Every now and then we see a new kind of organism. It's not surprising that He would use nature to do it. That's how He made life in the first place. BTW, you still haven't shown us a testable definition of "kind." And everyone understands why.

I doubt science itself says things.
Theories say a great deal. When do you think you might come up with a testable definition of "kind" for us?

Creationists often try that deception, but as you learned, no one with any sense is buying it. You toss up an imaginary theory because you have no way of bringing down the real one.
No. Athiests actually believe in it. Look up "warm little pond".
Genesis 1:24 And God said: Let the earth bring forth the living creature in its kind, cattle and creeping things, and beasts of the earth, according to their kinds. And it was so done.
God causing abiogenesis to occur, and thus animals are formed?

Read your Bible. There's a lot of things contrary to YE creationism there. I just accept it as it is. Your additions are unscriptural.
I don't think you have a solid grasp on what YEC is.
Can you define it for me?

If it's literal, there is no doubt. If it's allegory, IT CAN MEAN ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING.
You're underestimating God. He uses allegories and parables many times. If you'd just set your pride aside and listen to Him on His terms, you'd do much better.
You're overestimating how much power the technique of "REPITITION" has.
You said something like this repeatedly. IDK where you got the "underestimating" and "pride" parts from.

Listen to Him on His terms in Genesis. If you turn His terms into allegory -which youve done for yourself- you can - and do- shoehorn anything you want into His terms, i.e. MacroEvolution, BigBang, and Deeptime. Basically the "Athiest Trio".

He says it is.
Where?
You'll probably show a verse where GOD HIMSELF caused the 'abiogenesis' to happen.
Still - we never observe ABG happen by non-Supernatural means.

First, the idea that men and monkeys evolved from each other is another creationist superstition.
Explain your thinking. Do you REALLY believe that YEC actually think that man IS the evolutionary descendant of monkeys?

They are both too evolved in their own ways for one to have produced the other.
Created*
You are proving that kinds (min) can only produce after their kind (min). So you help my case.

And of course, advanced toolmaking is one of the key elements in human evolution.
Based on the Biblical text, we can know that humans were Smart from the Start.
If you mean CAFPT (I'll refer to Change in Allele Frequencies in Populations over Time with this acronym from here on. Time to throw out Evolutionary lingo and thus, avoid potential strawmen & affiliation with athiesm.) then yes.
Advances in tech have helped the populous live a bit longer, and there are more opportunities for alleles to change.

because they confused man's YE doctrines with God's word.
It Is So Funny How You Think YoungEarth Is From Man :lol (as opposed to calculations from the Biblical generations, etc.)

""Where Did a Young-earth Worldview Come From?

Simply put, it came from the Bible. Of course, the Bible doesn’t say explicitly anywhere, “The earth is 6,000 years old.” Good thing it doesn’t; otherwise it would be out of date the following year. But we wouldn’t expect an all-knowing God to make that kind of a mistake.

God gave us something better. In essence, He gave us a “birth certificate.” For example, using a personal birth certificate, a person can calculate how old he is at any point. It is similar with the earth. Genesis 1 says that the earth was created on the first day of creation (Genesis 1:1–5). From there, we can begin to calculate the age of the earth.

Let’s do a rough calculation to show how this works. The age of the earth can be estimated by taking the first five days of creation (from earth’s creation to Adam), then following the genealogies from Adam to Abraham in Genesis 5 and 11, then adding in the time from Abraham to today.

Adam was created on day 6, so there were five days before him. If we add up the dates from Adam to Abraham, we get about 2,000 years, using the Masoretic Hebrew text of Genesis 5 and 11.3 Whether Christian or secular, most scholars would agree that Abraham lived about 2,000 B.C. (4,000 years ago).

So a simple calculation is:

5 days
+ ~2,000 years
+ ~4,000 years
~6,000 years
""

Based on the Biblical text, we can know that humans were Smart from the Start.
Adam was far far far smarter than any genius in the history books , or any genius in the last few centuries, or ever.

People in general once were far far far more able to use their brains
than anyone anywhere on earth today.

At least that fits all the so-called "evidence" !

No one as smart as Adam and Chavah, or Abraham, or King David, or the servants of their servants,
would brook (put up with) any idea of the godless evilution ideas..... and they certainly never thought to discuss such abomination and dishonoring of the Creator and opposing Jesus.

Back