Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Noahs Flood explained and Evolution refuted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says the "scholar" who is ignorant of something as elementary as the difference between "who" and "whom":
Whom often sounds fussy and unnatural in regular speech and writing, even when it is technically correct (e.g. "It depends on whom you ask"). In these cases, it's perfectly standard to use who instead.

What Winston Churchill referred to as "arrant pedantry." It's OK to end a sentence in a preposition, also. And you are imagining that I described myself as "a scholar."

I'm just an old barbarian. And you know how ungrammatical barbarians can be.

Why do you so venomously hate the Christians brutally murdered by the Roman Papacy throughout the Dark Ages?
The Protestants and Catholics of the Reformation have plenty of blood and guilt to go around. Don't let it pull you down with them.

I seem to be making you more and more agitated. Perhaps a few days without seeing my comments would be good for you. I'll be back then if you still want to talk. Until then, may God bless and comfort you.

Whom often sounds fussy and unnatural in regular speech and writing, even when it is technically correct (e.g. "It depends on whom you ask"). In these cases, it's perfectly standard to use who instead.
No it doesn't. But parroting other peoples' ravings because you can't even come up with your own words in your futile attempt to whitewash, and save face in light of your glaring failure at elementary grammar, sounds -- and is -- downright pathetic.
I'm just an old barbarian. And you know how ungrammatical barbarians can be.
You're what? In your 70s, no? There, once again, you and I fundamentally disagree: I have never thought of 70s as old.

The Protestants and Catholics of the Reformation have plenty of blood and guilt to go around. Don't let it pull you down with them.

I seem to be making you more and more agitated. Perhaps a few days without seeing my comments would be good for you. I'll be back then if you still want to talk. Until then, may God bless and comfort you.
LOL

Right back at you, Sir!

In general it seems that those who believe and carry around any false gospel hate Jesus, and His followers.
I don't think that SDAs or even YE creationists in general, hate Jesus or those of us who follow Him. As I mentioned, many of them live lives that are a credit to their belief in God.

They are wrong, not heretics or Jesus-haters. And they are no less Christians than the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back