Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Ordo Salutis - The Order of Salvation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I am going to assume you do not understand Biblical or Systematic Theology.
Perhaps we should leave the reformed to speak among themselves?
Ridicule gets tiring and the Calvinism Forum will never be overseen correctly, requiring love and respect toward each other.
Let this thread just die.....

For JLB

Ridicule gets tiring and the Calvinism Forum will never be overseen correctly, requiring love and respect toward each other.

For JLB
The forum is overseen just fine.
Bright flame does not have to hide behind subjective you rules as he speaks scripture accurately.

For JLB
If someone says what I believe is heretical, I expect them to prove that to me.

JLB will not prove I am heretical, but he sure throws that hateful label around.

If someone says what I believe is heretical, I expect them to prove that to me.

JLB will not prove I am heretical, but he sure throws that hateful label around.
It's not a hateful label.

A heresy is not in keeping with accepted christian theology.

Reformed theology is not in keeping with accepted christian theology.

No other denomination agrees with the reformed. They stand alone. Why is that?

The reformed theology came about fifteen hundred years after Jesus.

AFTER the reformation , denominations abandoned that theology because it goes against everything the bible teaches.

The reformers stand alone because what they teach is heretical.

Heretical simply means not in agreement with christianity. It's not a bad word.

AFTER the reformation , denominations abandoned that theology because it goes against everything the bible teaches.

Reformed Like churches that predate martin Luther .I live near two or more

Primitive Baptist churches
Missionary Baptist churches

These don't have musicians ,practice infant baptism .they don't called themselves protestant .

Fort caroline ,the French hugeonots and I believe the anabaptists as well are underground groups as the above that didn't but into the Catholic idea and also came out into open when the Pope lost control of France etc all .

I don't know if I am going to be thrown off by addressing something said by a "staff member" but here goes.

It teaches exactly what you deny.
1Co 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

On the does not receive, Robertson's Word Pictures says: Does not accept, rejects, refuses to accept.
Same thing with Vincent's Word Studies: Not, does not understand, but does not admit them into his heart.

nor can he know them
The word "can" there means: to be able or possible
The word "know" seems to mean "to understand or grasp."

So, the natural unregenerate does not receive (rejects, refuses to accept) the gospel and cannot (is not able) to even know (comprehend) what it is talking about.

He does not "have to be born again to be born again," he has to be born again to "accept and understand" the gospel and then will accept it.

He said repent and believe. A command does not imply the ability to perform it.

Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Have you become perfect yet?
Why be sarcastic?
Have YOU become perfect yet?
Or do you actually know what is meant by Jesus' words?

Why do you not accept all of His words?
Jesus said to repent for the Kingdom of God is near.

When God gives a command, IT IS IMPLIED that a person can obey it.

If you really do not believer so, please post some commands Jesus left us with that are impossible to obey.

Calvinist theology teaches that a person must be born again in order to be born again.
It teaches that a person must be saved by God because he is UNABLE to come to God on his own.
The bible is full of commands to come to God.

Would YOU tell a baby to climb the stairs?
Would YOU give a command to your child that would be impossible for him to keep?
Then why would God...who created y ou and knows your limits?

Here is a page full:

If you really do not believer so, please post some commands Jesus left us with that are impossible to obey.
Jesus was only really talking to His sheep.

John 8:31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

Jesus didn't say things like this to those who didn't believe Him.

Joh 10:26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.
Joh 8:43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
Joh 8:47 He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God."

The default worldview of everybody is naturally that they have unfettered free will and that even God cannot interfere with a man's free will. By cannot, I mean cannot morally interfere. He is a monster if He chooses some to be saved and not others.

So when people come to passages like the above, they will not accept that they really mean what they sound like. There must be some other explanation, so they look for "whosoever will's" and things like "commands to believe" as a escape to wipe away their fears that Calvinists just might be right.

I have heard countless people say that they could never worship a God that saves some He chooses and lets millions be born just to die and spend eternity in Hell. So, they, just like Biden and the Democrats in regards to Trump, must demonize anybody who believe this.

I simply one day decided to let the chips fall where they may and take God at His Word even if everybody else I know says that this God is a monster.

Denomination: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name, usually organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.

No denomination agrees with a different denomination by definition. You're statement has no intrinsic value.

...or using your logic ... if you looked at all of Wondering's theological understandings and compared them to the understandings of others there will always be differences ... therefore Wondering is left wondering as she stands alone.

Reformed theology goes back to the bible because the R.C. church subverted it. They stand on Sola Scriptura whereas many denominations add to the bible.

Premise 1: The bible teaches Jesus is God
Premise 2: Reformed theology teaches that Jesus is God
Premise 3: GodsGrace/Wondering states everything Reformed theology teaches is contrary to the Bible.
Conclusion: GodsGrace/Wondering does not believe Jesus is God ... or she is confused and when confronted with her statement would like to rephrase it .... (Aside: I actually believe Wondering believes Jesus is God, she just didn't think through what she was saying again)

Wondering/Godsgrace does not agree with reform theology to a degree and to that degree she is heretical.

Mark 12:30 “you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.” Yeah, like who do you know that has obey this command
John 15:12 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you

Romans 8:7-8 Because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
1 Corinthians 15:34 “Awake to righteousness and sin not”.
2 Corinthians 10:5 and take every thought captive to obey Christ
Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God

... there's a lot more .... you need to study the subject more extensively before making statements

I understand all that.

I have also asked to show what I believe is heretical. I have posted many scriptures on Total Depravity and no one has disputed.

Speaking in tongues, miracales, modern day prophets, praying the rosary, praying to mary is not accepted in Christian Theology. These things can be proven from Scripture as well as testing the spirits when done in person to be false doctrines.

I don't know if I am going to be thrown off by addressing something said by a "staff member" but here goes.

It teaches exactly what you deny.
1Co 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

On the does not receive, Robertson's Word Pictures says: Does not accept, rejects, refuses to accept.
Same thing with Vincent's Word Studies: Not, does not understand, but does not admit them into his heart.

nor can he know them
The word "can" there means: to be able or possible
The word "know" seems to mean "to understand or grasp."

So, the natural unregenerate does not receive (rejects, refuses to accept) the gospel and cannot (is not able) to even know (comprehend) what it is talking about.

He does not "have to be born again to be born again," he has to be born again to "accept and understand" the gospel and then will accept it.

He said repent and believe. A command does not imply the ability to perform it.

Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Have you become perfect yet?

You should not have to even think like that.

I just thought of something I ran into in a Sunday School class a long time ago. This is from Peter not Jesus.
2Pe 1:5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge,
2Pe 1:6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness,
2Pe 1:7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.

And then he says:
2Pe 1:10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;

And a lady in the class said "well, I certainly don't know of anybody who never stumbles." as if implying that it is impossible. I said in my head "this is a if/then proposition. If you don't know anybody who never stumbles, it is because you don't know anybody who "does these things." I don't know anybody who does either. Even born again Christians cannot consistently "do those things."

Denomination: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name, usually organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.

No denomination agrees with a different denomination by definition. You're statement has no intrinsic value.

...or using your logic ... if you looked at all of Wondering's theological understandings and compared them to the understandings of others there will always be differences ... therefore Wondering is left wondering as she stands alone.

Reformed theology goes back to the bible because the R.C. church subverted it. They stand on Sola Scriptura whereas many denominations add to the bible.

Premise 3: GodsGrace/Wondering states everything Reformed theology teaches is contrary to the Bible.
Conclusion: GodsGrace/Wondering does not believe Jesus is God ... or she is confused and when confronted with her statement would like to rephrase it .... (Aside: I actually believe Wondering believes Jesus is God, she just didn't think through what she was saying again)

Wondering/Godsgrace does not agree with reform theology to a degree and to that degree she is heretical.
Yes indeed.Your post reflects what all of us understand.What was posted earlier was a ludicrous misunderstanding of redemptive history.A person could not be more off course than that foolish post denying the truths of Scripture reclaimed by the Reformed men, then and now.

Mark 12:30 “you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.” Yeah, like who do you know that has obey this command
John 15:12 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you

Romans 8:7-8 Because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
1 Corinthians 15:34 “Awake to righteousness and sin not”.
2 Corinthians 10:5 and take every thought captive to obey Christ
Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God

... there's a lot more .... you need to study the subject more extensively before making statements
So you don't follow Jesus' commands to obey Him?

John 3:36
36“He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

John 14:15
15If you love Me you will keep my commandments.

Everyone on this site knows what a denomination is.

It has intrinsic value in what I stated.
No other denomination agrees with the reformed.
All denominations have an intrinsic value if they agree with scripture.

Reformed theology disagrees with BASIC biblical values.....
no other denomination can agree with the values of God that the reformed expouse.
This should tell you something.

Only here in Calvinism can you state the above and not be banned by breaking TOS rules.
What you state is nonsense and misrepresents my beliefs.

But I guess being friendly with an overseer that does not do his job is a plus for you.

I agree with mainline Christianity.

It is those who do NOT agree with mainline Christianity that are heretics.
And, apparently, don't even care.

So you don't follow Jesus' commands to obey Him?
No one does perfectly. If you read your Bible this is apparent.
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

As often the case, your response was a non-sequitur.
  • Someone said God doesn't give commands we can't obey.
  • I respond with 6ish verses to the contrary.
  • Then you go on a tangent with "So you don't follow Jesus' commands to obey Him?":nono

You seem to have a habit of making obtuse statements that I need to clarify like:
AFTER the reformation , denominations abandoned [Reformed] theology because it goes against everything the bible teaches.
It is obvious your statement is unfounded/obtuse.

Everyone on this site knows what a denomination is.
Yes, they probably do but your previous statement showed that you don't know how to properly use the word as I pointed out. You said
It is obvious that every denomination stands alone and yet you imply Reform Theology only stands alone whereas all denominations stand alone from other denominations ... that's why their called "denominations'. Your statement is valueless.

It has intrinsic value in what I stated.
No other denomination agrees with the reformed.
All denominations have an intrinsic value if they agree with scripture.
LOL ... I see you still don't get it.

Reformed theology disagrees with BASIC biblical values.....
no other denomination can agree with the values of God that the reformed expouse.
This should tell you something.
It tells me you argumentation is faulty .... "BASIC biblical values" is an undefined, obtuse statement.
You keep making generalizations with not scripture to back you up. I'll help you out. Try something like... Reformed Theology said "X" and this contradicts scripture.

Aside: What denomination do you belong too. My guess is that you won't answer .... I've seen you post sympathetically in the Roman Catholic section.

Only here in Calvinism can you state the above and not be banned by breaking TOS rules.
What you state is nonsense and misrepresents my beliefs.
Everything I said was true. I laid it out with a syllogism to make it easy to be understood.
I repeat:

Which premise is false? If all the premises are true then why does the Conclusion not follow? Simple logic. Why would TOS rules be in conflict with truthful ideas?
The problem is that you are making unsubstantiated statements. You need to think before you say things like: "everything Reformed theology teaches is contrary to the Bible'. The Calvinism section lets one speak his understanding of truth ... that's probably why this safe haven doesn't ban you for trolling as when you said things like "everything Reformed theology teaches is contrary to the Bible".

Back