Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Paul getting rejected by all in Asia.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
a) Paul tried to witness to Ephesus
b) Paul himself says that he was rejected by Asia!
c) Ephesus is within Asia

Think!
The Ephesians did not accept Paul.
They were not rebuked in Revelations for doing so.
Rather they were being commended for doing so.
I think you are misquoting scripture.
Ephesians 1:1 is proof that what your saying is not true, you quoted it yourself.

Reactions: JLB
NOTE - This is not an attack on christianity but a discussion on certain verses that should raise questions on the authenticity of Pauls apostlehood. The conclusions are reached not through personal opinion, but an evaluation of scripture itself.

Consider the words of Paul in his letter to the Ephesians...

Paul, an apostle of Yahshua by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus
- Ephesians 1:1

As some of you know, Ephesus was one of the seven churches located in Asia, according to the book of Revelations...

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."
- Revelation 1:10,11

This is what was said to the church of Ephesus, the very church that Paul tried to witness to (as seen the the quote from Ephesians)

I know your works, your labor, and your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars.
- Revlations 2:2

Now here comes the best part....Paul writes that he was rejected by everybody in Asia! They did not accept what he taught!

This you know, that all those in Asia have turned away from me.
-2Timothy 1:15

Whats the big deal about all this, you ask?

Asia is where Ephesus was located! Ephesus rejected Paul and is being praised for testing 'those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars'.

You cant even say it was somebody other than Paul and his associates, who were found to be liars in Revelations 2:2, because...

Think!

Discuss.

Utter nonsense.

Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.
This you know, that all those in Asia have turned away from me, among whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes. The Lord grant mercy to the household of Onesiphorus, for he often refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain; but when he arrived in Rome, he sought me out very zealously and found me. The Lord grant to him that he may find mercy from the Lord in that Day—and you know very well how many ways he ministered to me at Ephesus. 2 Timothy 1:13-18

False Apostles, ministers of Satan, who were Jews claiming to be Apostles, that tried to bring the Gentile Churches into bondage by teaching them that Gentile Christians must to keep the law of Moses and become (physically) circumcised in order to be saved, were who John was referring to as false apostles.

These false apostles would go to the Gentile Churches throughout Asia to try and subvert them and cause the Gentiles to be severed from Christ by submitting to these Judaizers and their false teachings.

These were those whom John warned about in the book of revelation, false apostles, Jews, who were of Satan.

I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich); and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. Revelation 2:9-10

Paul was a true Apostle sent by Jesus Christ.

Pauls letters are scripture in every sense of the word, and equal to the Torah in authority.

• our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
2 Peter 3:14-16

I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. Galatians 1:6-9

JLB

Last edited:
I am attempting to respond by pasting from a Word Document a study I prepared for this post. What are "inappropriate" characters? What is considered to be spam? This makes no sense.

ats the big deal about all this, you ask?

Asia is where Ephesus was located! Ephesus rejected Paul and is being praised for testing 'those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars'.

You cant even say it was somebody other than Paul and his associates, who were found to be liars in Revelations 2:2, because...

Think!

Discuss.
[/QUOTE]

Revelation 2:

2 I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false. (First, notice the word apostles is plural, it is not speaking of a single "person" as you would have us to believe)

3 I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name’s sake, and you have not grown weary.

4 But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.

5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.

6 Yet this you have: you hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. (This is the CONTEXT you threw out when you cited only verse 2) Who are the Nicolaitans?

Nikolaités: a Nicolaitan, a follower of Nicolaus
Original Word: Νικολαΐτης, ου, ὁ
Transliteration: Nikolaités

Definition: a Nicolaitan, a follower of Nicolaus
Usage: a Nicolaitan, possibly a follower of Nicolaus (a heretic at Ephesus).

WHO WAS NICOLAUS???

Νικόλαος, Νικολαου, ὁ (νίκη and λαός), Nicolaus (A. V. Nicolas), a proselyte of Antioch and one of the seven deacons of the church at Jerusalem: ACTS 6:5

The connection between Ephesus, Antioch and Asia should be screaming at you. But you want this so badly, not even the written Word of God speaks to you.

Those calling themselves apostles were the Nicolaitans (followers of Nicolas) who the Lord hated and referenced in the chapter!

PROBLEM #2

2 Timothy 1:15 You know that everyone in the Province of Asia has deserted me, including Phygelus and Hermogenes.

Strong's #773

Asia: Asia, a Roman province
Original Word: Ἀσία, ας, ἡ
Definition: Asia, a Roman province
Usage: the Roman province of Asia, roughly the western third of Asia Minor.

(The western third of Asia Minor is not all of Asia, as you claimed)

Before reading your post today, I had never witnessed this particular distortion of scripture. It took me all of about 15 minutes to read the texts to disprove your claims. You are blatantly dishonest and did not consult the scriptures at all.

It is a disgrace what lengths you are willing to go to in order to discredit a martyr for the faith. The sufferings that the apostle Paul lived through and ultimately died for the sake of the gospel...while men (with less than pure intentions), continue to persecute his testimony and legacy.

Thank you for convincing me today (with even greater devotion) that Paul was a true apostle, led by the holy spirit, and called by the Messiah himself.

I hope you become a new creature in Christ some day...through the gospel of grace preached by Apostle Paul.

I am not taking anything out of context. I am simply repeating what revelations says...

...that Ephesus (located in Asia) is being commended for rejecting "false apostles".
And who is the only person that the bible says was rejected by Asia?
Paul! In his own words!

If you have a problem with me saying these things, then you have a problem with the bible, becaue I am simply quoting it.

Revelation 2:5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.

6 Yet this you have: you hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. <<---John references who the Lord was talking about! Mystery Solved! But that won't be good enough for YOU and your agenda. ;)

Who are the Nicolaitans?

Nikolaités: a Nicolaitan, a follower of Nicolaus
Original Word: Νικολαΐτης, ου, ὁ
Transliteration: Nikolaités

Definition: a Nicolaitan, a follower of Nicolaus
Usage: a Nicolaitan, possibly a follower of Nicolaus (a heretic at Ephesus).

WHO WAS NICOLAUS???

Νικόλαος, Νικολαου, ὁ (νίκη and λαός), Nicolaus (A. V. Nicolas), a proselyte of Antioch and one of the seven deacons of the church at Jerusalem: Acts 6:5.

The connection between Ephesus, Antioch and Asia should be screaming at you.

Tina, imagine an 'apostle' named Bob who witnesses to Brazil, which is in South America.
And later, Bob writes that he was rejected by everyone in South America..

And then later, you read that Brazil (which is in South America) is commended by God for rejecting false apostles...wouldnt you question whether or not Bob is an apostle????

Now replace
Bob with Paul,
Brazil with Ephesus
South America with Asia....

this is exactly what is happening with Paul and Asia.
He was rejected by Asia and Ephesus(in Asia) was being commended for rejecting false apostles.

Just do the math!

Dude, you need help. You are not even reading the text that you are attempting to explain. It's getting embarrassing.

By the end of Paul's life, nearly all of his ch
^

2 Timothy 1:15

(NKJV)
This you know, that all those in Asia have turned away from me, among whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

(NIV)
You know that everyone in the province of Asia has deserted me, including Phygelus and Hermogenes.

The Christians in Ephesus and in the province of Asia where Ephesus stood had so thoroughly abandoned Paul that he could say all had turned from him. Paul may have meant all the leaders or his former colleagues who had left him by himself in prison in Rome. Probably not all of these people had turned from the gospel; the statement is probably hyperbolic. Timothy was the last to maintain his loyalty to and support of Paul among that group, and he was now feeling temptation to abandon him. Phygelus and Hermogenes' names occur nowhere else in Scripture. They had been strong supporters of the apostle in the past but had eventually turned from him as the rest.

By the end of Paul's life, nearly all of the churches he planted throughout the region and Turkey and otherwise had been taken over by the Judaizers sent out against him from Jerusalem.

I am not taking anything out of context. I am simply repeating what revelations says...

...that Ephesus (located in Asia) is being commended for rejecting "false apostles".
And who is the only person that the bible says was rejected by Asia?
Paul! In his own words!

If you have a problem with me saying these things, then you have a problem with the bible, becaue I am simply quoting it.

Not true.

The false apostles in Asia were so called “Jews” who were found out to be false apostles.

There were those in Asia who were ashamed of Paul’s chains, and imprisonment, and so they abandoned him while in prison.

This no more makes Paul a false Apostle than the cross makes Jesus Christ a false messiah, when all His disciples abandoned him.

This you know, that all those in Asia have turned away from me, among whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes. The Lord grant mercy to the household of Onesiphorus, for he often refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain; but when he arrived in Rome, he sought me out very zealously and found me. The Lord grant to him that he may find mercy from the Lord in that Day—and you know very well how many ways he ministered to me at Ephesus. 2 Timothy 1:15-18

You are on dangerous ground. Do not attempt to undermine the scriptures of the New Testament that Paul wrote, in any way.

Please read our statement of faith, and terms of service.

Doctrinal Statement

We believe that the Bible is inspired by God in its entirety, and is without error in the original autographs, a complete and final written revelation from God.

I am attempting to respond by pasting from a Word Document a study I prepared for this post. What are "inappropriate" characters? What is considered to be spam? This makes no sense.
The only restrictions are links until you’ve got 10 posts under your belt.

Wonder why paul was never mentioned in the book of Revelation, neither his name included in names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb in Revelation 21:14.

Why does Paul’s name need to be mentioned in Revelation for him to be an Apostle of Jesus Christ?

James, the Lord’s brother is an Apostle of Jesus Christ, but is not of the original twelve.

Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days. But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord’s brother. Galatians 1:18-19

• But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord’s brother.

JLB

Why does Paul’s name need to be mentioned in Revelation for him to be an Apostle of Jesus Christ?

James, the Lord’s brother is an Apostle of Jesus Christ, but is not of the original twelve.

Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days. But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord’s brother. Galatians 1:18-19

• But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord’s brother.

JLB
There is a error in post #33. Those weren't my words.
This is where my words start: Clearly Paul is Gods choice....
Can you fix?

NOTE - This is not an attack on christianity but a discussion on certain verses that should raise questions on the authenticity of Pauls apostlehood. The conclusions are reached not through personal opinion, but an evaluation of scripture itself.

Paul, an apostle of Yahshua by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus

As some of you know, Ephesus was one of the seven churches located in Asia, according to the book of Revelations...

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."

This is what was said to the church of Ephesus, the very church that Paul tried to witness to (as seen the the quote from Ephesians)

I know your works, your labor, and your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars.

Now here comes the best part....Paul writes that he was rejected by everybody in Asia! They did not accept what he taught!

Think!

Discuss.
Timothy was ministering in Ephesus, and He and Paul taught the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a error in post #33. Those weren't my words.
This is where my words start: Clearly Paul is Gods choice....
Can you fix?

I can delete and you can repost.

Think!

Discuss.
You are assuming that yesteryear's Asia is the entire present day Turkish peninsula.
I see it as a province between Mysia and Lydia, west of Galatia.

Clearly Paul is Gods choice. Since Paul was set aside at birth why would Jesus via the Spirit lead the Apostles to select two others and cast lots? To sit on one of those 12 thrones is not for man to give. If you read the accounting of Matthias you will see they prayed but failed to wait for a answer from the Lord. This is in their favor. Their motives were pure and they could not have known about Paul at that point in time. The accounting of that event is truthful. But God had already set aside Paul for His choice.

Gal 1
But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being. 17I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus.

Paul was not a believer when Jesus called Him. So though Matthias had all the qualities the Apostles sought for in the replacement of Judas Paul was chosen by Gods grace before he did good or bad.

JLB
There are people who like to come here and distort the truth and be a distraction on purpose to get people here upset or confused.
The poster is like a child needing attention, and is here to get it anyway he can.

This poster is definetly twisting Gods word to reject Paul's credibility as many did in the church in Corinth.

Paul, on the road to Damascus, was called by Christ Himself, to be God's voice to the whole world, by writing nearly half of the New Testament for all the world, and Paul himself said that God spoke through him.

For me, there is a point when these kind of conversations have to end, and the poster ignored, even though many of you want to reach this poster, as he is being given a voice here to spread his EVIL THINKING, going on and on.

We all know the truth, so why continue and give him this platform to seduce the weak here, or seduce those that come here searching for THE TRUTH, and see no action being taken against his HERACY.

Matthew 7:6 says, "Don't give to dogs what is HOLY, and don't throw your pears before SWINE.

My name is OLIGOS

Last edited:
Back