Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Paul getting rejected by all in Asia.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Matthew 5:17-18

• one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled

Jesus said He came to fulfill the law. Do you believe Jesus fulfilled the law?

JLB

i have always been on the fence with Paul. if you look at Paul from a non bias view there are a lot of red flags. he gets rejected from the church in asia and then you have Jesus telling the church good job for rejecting false teachers. Jesus said the false teacher was a liar, the DSS refers to someone as a "spouter of lies" and ebionite writings speak of a liar, and you have Paul always starting off saying "i do not lie"? this "liar" in the DSS and ebionite writings would have been a real person that was very influential in the early days.

Could you use scripture and please make your point from the actual words of scripture?

Thanks, JLB

Now we need to ask ourselves where in the Old Testament or in the things Jesus taught did Paul’s teachings about being able to eat meat sacrificed to idols

Please quote the scripture where Paul said it was ok to eat meat sacrificed to idols.

JLB

Jesus said the next time he came every eye would see and it would be him coming in the clouds. So no one should be saying they seen Jesus, as Paul testified which all three of his accounts weren’t in agreement. If Paul said Asia deserted him which includes Ephesus and then told us what happened in Ephesus unless he’s lying about that, why wouldn’t Revelation be talking about him? Revelation said “apostles”There were 12 all others were imposters. According to acts who seemed to have been written by a luke that was what we would call a journalist or a reporter, said the 12th apostle had to meet certain qualifications, that Paul didnt. don’t allow Paul to deceive you. God always told us everything we needed to know, because he loves us.

Last edited:
Please quote the scripture where Paul said it was ok to eat meat sacrificed to idols.

“However, not all believers know this. Some are accustomed to thinking of idols as being real, “(((so when they eat food that has been offered to idols”))))they think of it as the worship of real gods, and their weak consciences are violated. It’s true that we can’t win God’s approval by what we eat. We don’t lose anything if we don’t eat it, and we don’t gain anything if we do.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭8:7-8‬ ‭NLT‬‬ after this how is it possible to preach about not eating food sacrificed to idols in 1 Corinth 10:20 what he has gone to do is be the person who is everyone’s best friend the people against meat sacrificed to idols and the people that don’t see it as a issue.

Last edited:
“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Matthew 5:17-18

• one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled

Jesus said He came to fulfill the law. Do you believe Jesus fulfilled the law?

yes I agree he is the fulfillment just based off of his testimony“it is finished” then the veil that was between god and his people being torn ect, but my point is what was finished? How did Paul come up with certain laws don’t exist anymore as long as you have faith? Also prophecy that hasn’t come to past yet , without a plan of diverting? We aren’t dead to the law as Paul proclaimed When we read revelation and it says.

“I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged ((((according to what they had done,)))) as recorded in the books.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬.

yes I agree he is the fulfillment just based off of his testimony“it is finished” then the veil that was between god and his people being torn ect, but my point is what was finished?

My question to you was...

Did Jesus fulfill the law?

He said He did and I believe Him, do you?

Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
Matthew 5:17

This is this scripture you yourself quoted. Do you believe it?

I will ask you again...

Did Jesus Christ fulfill the law?

Yes or No?

JLB

We aren’t dead to the law as Paul proclaimed When we read revelation and it says.

“I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged ((((according to what they had done,)))) as recorded in the books.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬.

Where in Revelation 20:12 is the law of Moses mentioned?

JLB

Jesus said the next time he came every eye would see and it would be him coming in the clouds. So no one should be saying they seen Jesus, as Paul testified which all three of his accounts weren’t in agreement. If Paul said Asia deserted him which includes Ephesus and then told us what happened in Ephesus unless he’s lying about that, why wouldn’t Revelation be talking about him? Revelation said “apostles”There were 12 all others were imposters. According to acts who seemed to have been written by a luke that was what we would call a journalist or a reporter, said the 12th apostle had to meet certain qualifications, that Paul didnt. don’t allow Paul to deceive you. God always told us everything we needed to know, because he loves us.

You err not knowing the scriptures.

Please use scripture, and refer to scripture to make your point.

Example:

Here are three different passages that bear witness to Paul being converted and commissioned by Jesus Christ, and sent out by the Holy Spirit as an apostle, as well as validated by Peter.

Words of Christ in red —

“While thus occupied, as I journeyed to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, at midday, O king, along the road I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining around me and those who journeyed with me. And when we all had fallen to the ground, I heard a voice speaking to me and saying in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.
But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ “Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 16:12-20

Do you believe this passage of scripture?

again

Now in the church that was at Antioch there were certain prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away. So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus.
Acts 13:1-4

The book of 2 Peter as recorded by Peter —

Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures. 2 Peter 3:14-16

Peter describes Paul as “our beloved brother”. Does that validation describe a person considered to be a “false teacher”?

Peter goes on to correlate Pauls writings with the “rest of the scriptures”.

Out of the mouth of two or three witnesses, let every word be established.

Where are your words of scripture that testify to your claim that Paul was a false teacher, and false apostle?

JLB

Last edited:

Example:

Here are three different passages that bear witness to Paul being converted and commissioned by Jesus Christ, and sent out by the Holy Spirit as an apostle, as well as validated by Peter.

Words of Christ in red —

“While thus occupied, as I journeyed to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, at midday, O king, along the road I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining around me and those who journeyed with me. And when we all had fallen to the ground, I heard a voice speaking to me and saying in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.
But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ “Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 16:12-20

again

Now in the church that was at Antioch there were certain prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away. So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus.

Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures. 2 Peter 3:14-16

Peter describes Paul as “our beloved brother”. Does that validation describe a person considered to be a “false teacher”?

Where are your words of scripture that testify to your claim that Paul was a false teacher, and false apostle?

I gave you scripture And I’m telling the truth.
Acts 9:7 reads: “The men who were traveling with him ((((stood speechless))), (((hearing ))))the voice but seeing no one.”

Acts 26:14 says: “And when we had ((((all fallen to the ground,)))))I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

• Acts 22:9: “My companions saw the light but (((did not hear the voice )))of the one who spoke to me.“

Example:

Words of Christ in red —

again

JLB
Peter internally purports to be a work of the apostle, most biblical scholars have concluded that Peter is not the author, and instead consider the epistle pseudepigraphica

Acts 9:7 reads: “The men who were traveling with him ((((stood speechless))), (((hearing ))))the voice but seeing no one.”

Acts 26:14 says: “And when we had ((((all fallen to the ground,)))))I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

• Acts 22:9: “My companions saw the light but (((did not hear the voice )))of the one who spoke to me

Paul had a personal encounter with Jesus Christ, even if those who were with him did not.

So far, you have not provided any scriptural evidence to validate your claim that Paul was not an apostle of Jesus Christ, or that his writings are not scripture.

All you have done is undermine the legitimacy of the Bible.

Words of Christ in red —

But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.
’ “Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 16:12-20

again

In this community we have a statement of Faith and I ask you to read it, and to not say things here that undermine peoples confidence in the Bible which include the writings of the apostle Paul.

Doctrinal Statement

We believe that the Bible is inspired by God in its entirety, and is without error in the original autographs, a complete and final written revelation from God.

JLB

Last edited:
Peter internally purports to be a work of the apostle, most biblical scholars have concluded that Peter is not the author, and instead consider the epistle pseudepigraphica

“Biblical scholars” have Indeed claimed many different things over the centuries about the Bible.

Do you believe the writings of 1 and 2 Peter are inspired by the Holy Spirit and are a legitimate part of the scriptures that we call the Bible?

JLB

I’m gonna be praying for you.
The number 12 was everywhere in the Bible with Paul we have 13? if god didn’t sneak in his very own son greatest of all,why would he sneak in Paul He always told us what was to come he told us about Paul.

“Benjamin shall ravin as a wolf: In the morning he shall devour the prey, And at night he shall divide the spoil.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭49:27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:15‬ ‭KJV‬‬
“I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭11:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“and think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭3:9‬ ‭KJV

“And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭23:9‬ ‭
“For even if you had ten thousand others to teach you about Christ, you have only one spiritual father. For I became your father in Christ Jesus when I preached the Good News to you.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭4:15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This isn’t in Paul’s gospel.

“Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:31‬ KJV

“but this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.”

‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:33‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.”

Now we need to ask ourselves where in the Old Testament or in the things Jesus taught did Paul’s teachings about being able to eat meat sacrificed to idols and swine become fulfilled instead we find end time prophecy’s that paint a totally different picture than what Paul preached.

“At night they go out among the graves, worshiping the dead. They eat the flesh of pigs and make stews with other forbidden foods.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭65:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Important note:If you read The whole of Isaiah 65 you’ll find that God is telling us in this hour through Isaiah that HE NEVER TOLD us we could eat Unclean foods at anytime.

““On that day of judgment,” says the Lord, “I will punish the leaders and princes of Judah and all those following pagan customs.”

‭‭Zephaniah‬ ‭1:8‬ ‭NLT‬‬
Blessed are you , for you have seen through the dark deception that has
dogged the Churches for 2000 years 🙏 But I fear for those who couldn't see it...they may end up tasting the wine of Father's fury. Lord have mercy on us all. 🙏

I’m gonna be praying for you.
The number 12 was everywhere in the Bible with Paul we have 13? if god didn’t sneak in his very own son greatest of all,why would he sneak in Paul He always told us what was to come he told us about Paul.

“Benjamin shall ravin as a wolf: In the morning he shall devour the prey, And at night he shall divide the spoil.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭49:27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:15‬ ‭KJV‬‬
“I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭11:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“and think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭3:9‬ ‭KJV

“And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭23:9‬ ‭
“For even if you had ten thousand others to teach you about Christ, you have only one spiritual father. For I became your father in Christ Jesus when I preached the Good News to you.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭4:15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This isn’t in Paul’s gospel.

“Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:31‬ KJV

“but this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.”

‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:33‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.”

Now we need to ask ourselves where in the Old Testament or in the things Jesus taught did Paul’s teachings about being able to eat meat sacrificed to idols and swine become fulfilled instead we find end time prophecy’s that paint a totally different picture than what Paul preached.

“At night they go out among the graves, worshiping the dead. They eat the flesh of pigs and make stews with other forbidden foods.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭65:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Important note:If you read The whole of Isaiah 65 you’ll find that God is telling us in this hour through Isaiah that HE NEVER TOLD us we could eat Unclean foods at anytime.

““On that day of judgment,” says the Lord, “I will punish the leaders and princes of Judah and all those following pagan customs.”

‭‭Zephaniah‬ ‭1:8‬ ‭NLT‬‬
How does God write the new covenant on the hearts of the people as you quoted Jeremiah?

Blessed are you , for you have seen through the dark deception that has
dogged the Churches for 2000 years 🙏 But I fear for those who couldn't see it...they may end up tasting the wine of Father's fury. Lord have mercy on us all. 🙏
She states she is NOT a Christian.

So? It is accepted as part of the canon of Scripture. The same thing can be said about some of Paul's writings.

She states she is NOT a Christian.
So what does that mean, can I not bless a non-christian or what? It does not matter to me who she is and who she is not but it is what she wrote that captured my attention and I gave a loud and robust thumbs up to that. Please refrain from debating, for I seldom come here. Wish not to engage in debates no more. Learn, yes, Debate, no !🤠
I have had an evil experience in that...

So what does that mean, can I not bless a non-christian or what? It does not matter to me who she is and who she is not but it is what she wrote that captured my attention and I gave a loud and robust thumbs up to that. Please refrain from debating, for I seldom come here. Wish not to engage in debates no more. Learn, yes, Debate, no !🤠
I have had an evil experience in that...
It means unbelief. That brought your praise. You found someone like minded in your case against Paul.
There is no debate. Your not going to able to change the cannon.

Reactions: JLB
t does not matter to me who she is and who she is not but it is what she wrote that captured my attention and I gave a loud and robust thumbs up to that.

You give your approval to great deception and a deceiver.

Very sad that you have been so easily carried away in this deception.

The Holy Spirit and the Church at Antioch validated Paul and his ministry.

While thus occupied, as I journeyed to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, at midday, O king, along the road I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining around me and those who journeyed with me. And when we all had fallen to the ground, I heard a voice speaking to me and saying in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.
But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.
’ “Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 16:12-20

Do you believe the book of Acts is inspired by the Holy Spirit?

The Holy Spirit “sent” Paul out as an Apostle to do the work of the ministry.

I ask you just as I asked your friend … do you have any scripture where the apostles condemned Paul as a false teacher or false apostle as you do?

I have provided three scriptures that validate Paul as an apostle and his writings to be scripture.

All you and your friends have done is blaspheme and slander a true man of God and apostle, and undermine the validity of scripture.

Doctrinal Statement

We believe that the Bible is inspired by God in its entirety, and is without error in the original autographs, a complete and final written revelation from God.

Anymore postings in this forum that undermines the validity of scripture will result in the loss of your privilege to post here.

JLB

Last edited:
Back