Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] POST HERE TO MAKE A COMMENT ON THE DEBATE

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Tuatha'an and Bluelightning, you two are having FAR too much fun debating this. :-D

SyntaxVorlon said:
Tuatha'an and Bluelightning, you two are having FAR too much fun debating this. :-D

Hahaha...yes, I am having a lot of fun. BL is as courteous as he is knowledgeable. Even though I may disagree with some of his views, I find that he is a respectable individual. I only hope he finds me that way too.

keebs said:
In my opinion,I honestly believe that evolution doesn't
deserve this much attention being that any serious researcher
can easily conclude that it did not happen,and it isn't happening.
It isn't going to happen either. This is easy to understand.
The only reason I debate these issues at all is to help the people
who reject the truth come to their senses someday.
May God save them all,in Jesus's sweet and holy name,amen.

Really? That's funny, as far as I can tell, there are many, many pro-evolution biologists out there with a much higher education that you doing research on evolution. Imagine that.

:tongue Can you amagine how many great christian biologists there are
that prove the story's you believe in are false? I know they are far
greater in intelligence than you are. Henry Morris has a whole page
to prove it with all their pictures.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Temper, temper my vorlon friend. I still make every effort to reveiw your arguements with the facts proven by both side of the coin. Unfortunately, creationist still have faith as a final missing link because we choose to believe God. Can He be proven, not unless you yourself encounter him, as some of us have.

:biggrin AMEN & AMEN!

blueeyeliner said:

Henry Morris isn't even a biologist!!!

The Tuatha'an said:
blueeyeliner said:

8-) Henry Morris is alot of things,like researcher!
He has many friends who are biologists.
http://www.icr.org/creationscientists/

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Temper, temper my vorlon friend. I still make every effort to reveiw your arguements with the facts proven by both side of the coin. Unfortunately, creationist still have faith as a final missing link because we choose to believe God. Can He be proven, not unless you yourself encounter him, as some of us have.
You have never seen a vorlon enraged.

At any rate, the God in the Gaps is a copout. You can't just say, "Well God exists, so I'm right." God's existence doesn't matter, if you're attempting to argue over objective facts.

blueeyeliner said:
The Tuatha'an said:
blueeyeliner said:

8-) Henry Morris is alot of things,like researcher!
He has many friends who are biologists.
http://www.icr.org/creationscientists/

Anyone can be a researcher. The point is, you said he was a biologist. You lied.

His many friends who are biologists...it's amazing that they have scientists on their board, because I have never seen ICR publish any peer reviewed journals, nor have they offered any actual scientific findings.

SyntaxVorlon said:
Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
You have never seen a vorlon enraged.

At any rate, the God in the Gaps is a copout. You can't just say, "Well God exists, so I'm right." God's existence doesn't matter, if you're attempting to argue over objective facts.

God in the Gaps is no Cop Out, It's the truth you all refuse to except. I'm no atheist, God is in everything I do. If you can't respect A Christians basic fact, then you have no chance in persuading any of us.

God in the Gaps is no Cop Out, It's the truth you all refuse to except. I'm no atheist, God is in everything I do. If you can't respect A Christians basic fact, then you have no chance in persuading any of us.

Funny how you don't seem to respect an evolutionists basic facts...

My friend keebs, Just because they support it, doesn't mean it's anymore right. As we've seen you ignore some of the facts anyway.

That's okay my friend, we knew you had a biased opinion anyway.

keebs wrote:
And I also excluded it because if it did happen, then my expectation would just be an underestimate

HAHAHAHA...can you not understand that an underestimate only strengthens your argument? If I had included it, it would've made my numbers even better, and woul've been stronger proof of my position! Jeesh, I thought you were smarter than that...

God in the Gaps is no Cop Out,

By definition, it is a cop out.

"I do not understand X and Y, therefore God must be responsible for X and Y."

"Oops, now I understand X, but not Y, therefore God must be responsible for Y, but not X".

Yes, that is a cop out.

The Gods were once responsible for eclipses, lightening, etc. Since there was not explanation for them, the "God of the Gaps" was responsible...now that we know more, they are not. It's a cop out, alright.

ThinkerMan said:
God in the Gaps is no Cop Out,

By definition, it is a cop out.

"I do not understand X and Y, therefore God must be responsible for X and Y."

"Oops, now I understand X, but not Y, therefore God must be responsible for Y, but not X".

Yes, that is a cop out.

The Gods were once responsible for eclipses, lightening, etc. Since there was not explanation for them, the "God of the Gaps" was responsible...now that we know more, they are not. It's a cop out, alright.

I see where your coming from ThinkerMan, but you came from the perspective of Gods, not one single God. I believe the Lord because His book is the truth to me, whether you agree or not is up to you. Just because I believe that the Lord is truthful to me, doesn't mean that he has made all things know to me. As vorlon said, I would need Infinite Knowledge to understand it all. That's not a cop out, it's faith and trust in the knowledge that the Master has.

Now to you keebs. I will Quote you again.

keebs said:
...can you not understand that an underestimate only strengthens your argument?

but before you said

keebs said:
...if it would cause it to be an overestimate, then I would've added it in.

As you all can see, Keebs has given me two completely different answers as to why he excluded information. Keebs, which answer is correct?

keebs wrote:

but before you said

keebs wrote:

As you all can see, Keebs has given me two completely different answers as to why he excluded information. Keebs, which answer is correct?

No, the problem here is that you lack reading comprehension. If you read what I wrote, it says that by not adding it in, it causes it to be an underestimate, but if I had added it in, it would've been an overestimate. Same answer, different words. Basic English.

The Tuatha'an said:
blueeyeliner said:
8-) I didn't lie,and neither do Henry Morris's friends.
http://www.icr.org/pubs/president/
now bug off please.

You said Henry Morris was a biologist. Henry Morris is not a biologist.

His friends do not publish in peer reviewed science journals...I wonder why.

8-) PROVE THIS!
Also,define what science is,and please find all the christians who
ever said the world was flat and prove that they said it.

keebs said:

keebs wrote:

but before you said

keebs wrote:

No, the problem here is that you lack reading comprehension. If you read what I wrote, it says that by not adding it in, it causes it to be an underestimate, but if I had added it in, it would've been an overestimate. Same answer, different words. Basic English.

Not really, because as you said you were only interested in adding in the Overestimates. Again I ask which helps you case? an Over or underestimate.

I said this exactly:

And I also excluded it because if it did happen, then my expectation would just be an underestimate (if it would cause it to be an overestimate, then I would've added it in).

Now read it. Think about it. Now, read it again (just to make sure you get this in your head). MY MODEL WAS AN UNDERESTIMATE, WHICH HELPED YOU. IF IT WAS AN OVERESTIMATE, I WOULD'VE ADDED IN EXTRA FACTORS TO MAKE IT AN UNDERESTIME, WHICH WOULD HELP YOU. You said that I was only interested in "adding in" overestimates. I do no such thing. I WOULD'VE added in FACTORS to an overestimate in order to make it an UNDERESTIMATE. I was helping you out. Quit griping and learn HOW TO READ.

blueeyeliner said:
The Tuatha'an said:
blueeyeliner said:
8-) I didn't lie,and neither do Henry Morris's friends.
http://www.icr.org/pubs/president/
now bug off please.

You said Henry Morris was a biologist. Henry Morris is not a biologist.

His friends do not publish in peer reviewed science journals...I wonder why.

8-) PROVE THIS!
Also,define what science is,and please find all the christians who
ever said the world was flat and prove that they said it.
The definition of science:
Sci´ence
Noun 1. science - a particular branch of scientific knowledge; "the science of genetics"
scientific discipline
scientific theory - a theory that explains scientific observations; "scientific theories must be falsifiable"
branch of knowledge, discipline, field of study, subject area, subject field, bailiwick, subject, field, study - a branch of knowledge; "in what discipline is his doctorate?"; "teachers should be well trained in their subject"; "anthropology is the study of human beings"
scientific knowledge - knowledge accumulated by systematic study and organized by general principles; "mathematics is the basis for much scientific knowledge"
natural science - the sciences involved in the study of the physical world and its phenomena

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/science

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back