Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[_ Old Earth _] POST HERE TO MAKE A COMMENT ON THE DEBATE

blueeyeliner said:
8-) PROVE THIS!
Also,define what science is,and please find all the christians who
ever said the world was flat and prove that they said it.

http://www.christiananswers.net/creatio ... ris-h.html

Where did a flat earth come into play?

Everyone knows it's the bible that says it's flat....jeez blue, how come you don't believe that? You seem to believe everything else in the bible. Do you speak in church blue?? You shouldn't, the bible is against women speaking in church. Do you cover your head in church too??

It's people's interpretation of the Bible them think that the Bible says the earth is flat. Just like it's their interpretation that makes them think women can't speak in church or must cover their heads. But, interpretations can be, and often are, wrong, as in this case.

Free said:
It's people's interpretation of the Bible them think that the Bible says the earth is flat. Just like it's their interpretation that makes them think women can't speak in church or must cover their heads. But, interpretations can be, and often are, wrong, as in this case.

Oh, ok...so then a literal interpretation by fundamentalist christians of the Genesis account is wrong then?

Because, based what has been observed in nature, and collected data, Genesis is nothing more than an allegorical story.

No the Genesis account of creation is not wrong, it is one story told from two different perspectives. Genesis 1 is written from the Jahwehistic perspective, and show God in his power. Genesis 2 is written from a Elohimistic perspective, and is attempting to show how god is closely involved in our lives. same story two different views. 8-) Kinda like John Kerry on a day to day basis, two different views, one story. 8-)

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
No the Genesis account of creation is not wrong, it is one story told from two different perspectives. Genesis 1 is written from the Jahwehistic perspective, and show God in his power. Genesis 2 is written from a Elohimistic perspective, and is attempting to show how god is closely involved in our lives. same story two different views. 8-) Kinda like John Kerry on a day to day basis, two different views, one story. 8-)

Yea...it is wrong.

So that's how you reconcile it?? one story...two different views. Both can't be right.

Oh, ok...so then a literal interpretation by fundamentalist christians of the Genesis account is wrong then?

A literal interpretation isn't necessarily wrong, but one must take into account the subtlties that exist within the creation account.

Because, based what has been observed in nature, and collected data, Genesis is nothing more than an allegorical story.

Not at all. Doesn't even evolutionary theory teach the emergence of life in the same order as Genesis?

So that's how you reconcile it?? one story...two different views. Both can't be right.

There is only one story, the one in Gen. 1, which provides the backdrop for Gen. 2. Gen 2 is not a creation account and is very much reconcilable with Gen. 1.

Anyway, this thread is for comments on the debate and I don't want to hijack it. That's all I have to say.

Free said:
A literal interpretation isn't necessarily wrong, but one must take into account the subtlties that exist within the creation account.

You said more often than not, the interpretation is wrong. If your interpretation of the Bible is inconsistent with what is observed in nature, then the interpretation is wrong, based on the data.

Not at all. Doesn't even evolutionary theory teach the emergence of life in the same order as Genesis?

Nope, not at all.

There is only one story, the one in Gen. 1, which provides the backdrop for Gen. 2. Gen 2 is not a creation account and is very much reconcilable with Gen. 1.

Reconcileable based on your own personal interpretation.

wow... what arrogance....
:o :o

He must be a youngster; so arrogant, so confident, so wrong! Smoking too much leaf?
:) :)

Well, Gary, you may be right about Tua's character, but he's still fun to aruge with, sometimes.

Oh yeah, The Tuatha'an, any biblical scholar will tell you it's the same story, any scholar that believe's in God as truth that is. Like that Jesus seminar, they don't know to much about the man they are named after. :-D Your opinion is your opinion, so think what you want to.

Yes, Tuatha'an, I'm sure you've heard it before--you can find anything in the bible. This is God we're dealing with, not science. God always has loopholes.

So do most of your responses keebs. :-D jk 8-) Just because you do not understand the Father, in your mind there must be a loop hole. Well I don't understand the Father either, but I have faith that when he returns he will answer all of our questions.

Gary_Bee said:
wow... what arrogance....

He must be a youngster; so arrogant, so confident, so wrong! Smoking too much leaf?

Gary Bee, as much as I appreciate your candidness concerning my age, personality, and apparent drug use, that isn't the point of this discussion.

If you have anything intelligent at all to say besides your usual ad homs, then please, say it. Otherwise, bugger off.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Well, Gary, you may be right about Tua's character, but he's still fun to aruge with, sometimes.

Oh yeah, The Tuatha'an, any biblical scholar will tell you it's the same story, any scholar that believe's in God as truth that is. Like that Jesus seminar, they don't know to much about the man they are named after. :-D Your opinion is your opinion, so think what you want to.

Any biblical scholar, eh? I've never met a biblical scholar, so what am I supposed to do, take you for your word?? Or by any scholar that believes in God as truth you mean any scholar who agrees with your particular interpretation?

Tua I really like your straight forward attitude. An atheist can be a scholar on the Bible, that doesn't mean they will protray it in an accurate light. As for asking any biblical scholar that believe what they've studied, i didn't mean to literally go ask them. Do your own research and see for yourself. God's blessing's to all

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Tua I really like your straight forward attitude. An atheist can be a scholar on the Bible, that doesn't mean they will protray it in an accurate light. As for asking any biblical scholar that believe what they've studied, i didn't mean to literally go ask them. Do your own research and see for yourself. God's blessing's to all

I know an atheist can be a scholar, and they are usually biased, but so are christian scholars. I have done my research, I've researched explanations of the two Creation accounts from both sides of the spectrum. I wouldn't simply dismiss a "scholar" simply because of their beleifs.

I would expect the Christian to be more biased that the atheist, because he would be a scholar of his own beliefs, while to the atheist, christianity is just another religion...

keebs said:
I would expect the Christian to be more biased that the atheist, because he would be a scholar of his own beliefs, while to the atheist, christianity is just another religion...

That is true as well, however there are militant atheists who seem to hate any and every religion. So, it just takes an open mind when reading different explanations of the biblical account.

Gary: wow... what arrogance....

Tua: Gary Bee, as much as I appreciate your candidness concerning my age, personality, and apparent drug use, that isn't the point of this discussion.

If you have anything intelligent at all to say besides your usual ad homs, then please, say it. Otherwise, bugger off.

Gary: This thread is commentary about the debate. My comments still stand. What arrogance! I am enjoying watching Blue Lightening take you apart, one piece at a time. Enjoy your "Way of the Leaf".

P.S. How did you recognise and why did you assume that the original post was about you? LOL.

If the shoe fits, wear it!

Gary_Bee said:
This thread is commentary about the debate. My comments still stand. What arrogance! I am enjoying watching Blue Lightening take you apart, one piece at a time. Enjoy your "Way of the Leaf".

The way of the leaf has nothing to do with smoking marijuana. The commentary is commentary, but constructive criticism is better than petty insults like yours.

How am I arrogant in my debate with BL?

P.S. How did you recognise and why did you assume that the original post was about you? LOL.

If the shoe fits, wear it!

An assumption based on your previous posts that anyone who disagrees with your ideas are subject to ridicule and stupid comments. It was, an educated guess.

Back