Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[_ Old Earth _] POST HERE TO MAKE A COMMENT ON THE DEBATE

Isn't the way of the leaf a set of anti-violent moral principles from the "Wheel of Time" book series?

Gary_Bee said:
Gary: wow... what arrogance....
:o :o

He must be a youngster; so arrogant, so confident, so wrong! Smoking too much leaf?
:) :)

Tua: Gary Bee, as much as I appreciate your candidness concerning my age, personality, and apparent drug use, that isn't the point of this discussion.

If you have anything intelligent at all to say besides your usual ad homs, then please, say it. Otherwise, bugger off.

Gary: This thread is commentary about the debate. My comments still stand. What arrogance! I am enjoying watching Blue Lightening take you apart, one piece at a time. Enjoy your "Way of the Leaf".

P.S. How did you recognise and why did you assume that the original post was about you? LOL.

If the shoe fits, wear it!

I find it amusing how you question The Tuatha'an's maturity whilst at the same time throwing out childish comments. Please grow up.

Sorry Heathen... please show me which comments were childish. You have had lots of practice!

I am enjoying the debate... what do you think about it?

Gary_Bee said:
wow... what arrogance....
:o :o

He must be a youngster; so arrogant, so confident, so wrong! Smoking too much leaf?
Those.

Tua and keebs, you both make great points. Often a Christian is not immuned to the same biases any other person would have. Tua, the reason I stated that they are two veiws from a same story is because I've been introduced to the studies of a Geman scholar by the name of Julius Wellhausen. Are either of you two familiar with him?

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Tua and keebs, you both make great points. Often a Christian is not immuned to the same biases any other person would have. Tua, the reason I stated that they are two veiws from a same story is because I've been introduced to the studies of a Geman scholar by the name of Julius Wellhausen. Are either of you two familiar with him?

No, explain how two different accounts of creation is two views of the same story.

While many christain scholar's believe that moses wrote most of the Pentatuch, Julius Wellhausen disagreed. He proposed that the Pentatuch was actually written by 4 different authors. As I've stated before, and I had the names reversed, you had two different people recount the creation story. In Genesis 1 the order is plants then man by the day by day order. This account is from the Elohimistic perspective, which made God a distant creator, not involving himself in his creaton. In Genesis 2, we see this story from a Jahwehistic perspective, which meansGod wants to be with his people and his creation. The order is not given day by day in Genesis two, because it was not in refute by the Jahwehistic author, whoever that was. The order in Genesis 2 is man then plants to provide for the man. Does this mean the plant were created on day six then instead of day three, not if we follow Wellhausen's directions. In Genesis 2 the God portrayed was a God who wanted to be with his people. Indeed plants were first created on day three. The plants created on day six were expressly for the Man to provide for him, thus revealing God's nature to be with the people instead of supreme above them. It's the same story except in one persons view God interacts with the people, in one he doesn't.

I did not mention the other two perspective authors because they have nothing to do with Genesis 1 and 2. Yet, they are clearly important to interpret the rest of the Pentatuch, the first five books of the bible.

Brutus,

It would be wise to dismiss the JEPD theory of the Pentateuch. It is only forwarded by liberal theologians in an attempt to undermine the authority and historicity of the Bible. There simply is no reason to believe that Moses didn't write the Pentateuch.

The Tuatha'an,

Gen. 2 is not a creation account, only Gen. 1 is. Gen. 2 presupposes the creation account in Gen. 1 and focuses on the creation of man, which was only briefly mentioned in Gen. 1. There are no contradictions.

I agree Free.

Genesis 1
- Day one - heavens and earth are created. "Let there be light." Day and Night.
- Day two - Atmospheric waters separated from earth waters.
- Day three - Land appears separating the seas. Vegetation is made.
- Day four - Sun, moon, stars are made.
- Day five - Sea life and birds are made.
- Day six - Land animals, creeping things, and man (male and female) are made.

Genesis 2
States heaven and earth were created. no plant yet on earth, no rain yet, no man. but, a mist rose watering the surface of the ground. Then the Lord formed man from dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life. Then God made Eve.

There is no contradiction between Genesis 1 and 2. Genesis 1 is a detailed explanation of the six days of creation, day by day. Genesis two is a recap and a more detailed explanation of the sixth day, the day that Adam and Eve were made. The recap is stated in Gen. 2:4, "This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made earth and heaven." Then, Moses goes on to detail the creation of Adam and Eve as is seen in verses 7 thru 24 of Gen. 2. Proof that it is not a creative account is found in the fact that animals aren't even mentioned until after the creation of Adam. Why? Probably because their purpose was designated by Adam. They didn't need to be mentioned until after Adam was created.

Source: http://www.carm.org/diff/Gen_1.htm

Gary_Bee said:
I agree Free.

Genesis 1
- Day one - heavens and earth are created. "Let there be light." Day and Night.
- Day two - Atmospheric waters separated from earth waters.
- Day three - Land appears separating the seas. Vegetation is made.
- Day four - Sun, moon, stars are made.
- Day five - Sea life and birds are made.
- Day six - Land animals, creeping things, and man (male and female) are made.

Genesis 2
States heaven and earth were created. no plant yet on earth, no rain yet, no man. but, a mist rose watering the surface of the ground. Then the Lord formed man from dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life. Then God made Eve.

There is no contradiction between Genesis 1 and 2. Genesis 1 is a detailed explanation of the six days of creation, day by day. Genesis two is a recap and a more detailed explanation of the sixth day, the day that Adam and Eve were made. The recap is stated in Gen. 2:4, "This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made earth and heaven." Then, Moses goes on to detail the creation of Adam and Eve as is seen in verses 7 thru 24 of Gen. 2. Proof that it is not a creative account is found in the fact that animals aren't even mentioned until after the creation of Adam. Why? Probably because their purpose was designated by Adam. They didn't need to be mentioned until after Adam was created.

Source: http://www.carm.org/diff/Gen_1.htm

Why then, are animals created after Adam, and before eve? In Genesis 2

8-) God allowed Adam to name all of the animals and he gave
Adam dominion over them all.

The Tuatha'an said:
Vic said:
[quote="The Tuatha'an":2d300]Why then, are animals created after Adam, and before eve? In Genesis 2

Because Gen. 2 is not in chronological order.

It seems to happen pretty chronologically to me.[/quote:2d300]

:roll: :wink: Now that should tell everyone why you think like
you do.The Apes didn't name all the animals and they don't have
dominion over them either.
No human is born already knowing how to walk,or hop,or leap
around. God made man seperate from the animals,amen.

8-) The Atheists would have more of an agenda and would be
far more biased,because even a christian man finds sin hard to
resist at times. An atheist would have much more to gain in his
own mind if he could say he could prove that God didn't exist.
We don't ever have to worry that,that will ever happen though.
Atheists are a dying breed. Inter-faithism proves this,and so does
The RCC.

:P Gary is correct. It's good to see you guy's being corrected,and
Gary himself has been more than kind and patient with all of you.

A diarrhea of posts.

Do your fingers keep slipping and hitting the submit button after every paragraph, blue?

The Tuatha'an said:
A diarrhea of posts.

Do your fingers keep slipping and hitting the submit button after every paragraph, blue?

:wink: Just another dollop of wisdom from you right?
Gary has been good to you,so why all the crying on your part?

Back