Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Praise and Worship

Okay! Jasoncran I'll be waiting for the info from your dad.

Though I wasn't there but I can tell they did excellent praise or worship, Praise unto God (when they won a battle) and worship (when they saw great signs from God).

It's unlike the nonsense some people do today in churches in the name of music:sad

I have severally witnessed an amplifier smoke and thunder when the music went out of control. Blast! Blast!! Blast!!! Boom! Boom!! Boom!!!

Wear your earmuff
images

The "other' Reba sings Country Western

No i do not sing but i can make a 'joyful noise' :waving

cool!
I wonder what that noise would be, the gastronomic ceremonious clagging made in your kitchen when pot covers and...?:lol

And you can be first to ride with me on it...along with felix, lol (if you know what I mean from the discussion in the 'radical' thread).

:lol
Felix is a good pilot. We just add to the team, the Navigator. We need Jasoncran in case of any millitary attack. Mike? :confused. He might be invited (just that he's got 400 crates of coke). We don't need excess load.

I have a leaning that way, and I do love music.

I learned many truths about praise and worship in the church I attended right after getting saved. I led worship in my next church for a few years. It is essential that one know the difference between a praise song and a worship song to put together an effective, Spirit filled song service.

classik theres more to me then the army.

if you want me to talk all day as me about judiasm and the bible and how we should see the bible from the ancient jewish perspective. then you wont shut me up. ask jeff we have talked about this for hours.

I already know you do a lot of cool stuff:thumbsup
Actually under such a mission we'd need security. As Navigator does the cool stuff, Mike battles with the crates, Felix changes North to West, Jethro changes West to North, I bounce my ball :bounceball
Though reba manages the harmonious clangging

wow. man that is one way but what about both at the same time? in charmismatic circles some cry in the worship time and others are loud, and some quiet.
Good question. I was wondering if someone would bring up the point.

Do you know the 'Revelation Song'? Worship or Praise, or something of both?

I wish I had more time to post. We'll talk about this as we both can post.

Even with songs crossing the line between the two, you still have to decide if it's going to be considered a worship or a praise song for consideration in it's place in the order of music.

ever listen to the song by paul wilbur days of elijah?
Isn't that a Twila P. song? Definitely praise to me.

if you want me to talk all day as me about judiasm and the bible and how we should see the bible from the ancient jewish perspective. then you wont shut me up. ask jeff we have talked about this for hours.
Ah, yes...Jewish music. Lot's in minor keys.

Some folks get praise, worship, and a pep rally, all mixed together. They get their song all lined up, laid out, to flow this way or that, then ask the Holy Spirit to lead?
Another good point to discuss.

But Jethro at work now. Jethro need to stop clocking out to yak on forums, or else family go hungry.

the jews knew how to worship

lets see a common song we sing. psalm 121
[video=youtube;9fNpErJ_C5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fNpErJ_C5k[/video]

its psalm 121 and back then the psalms were chanted not sung. i haven gotten to into how they worshipped them but the jews then and today do dance. i will aske my dad he was raised in the temple.
Love it!

Okay! Jasoncran I'll be waiting for the info from your dad.

Though I wasn't there but I can tell they did excellent praise or worship, Praise unto God (when they won a battle) and worship (when they saw great signs from God).

It's unlike the nonsense some people do today in churches in the name of music:sad

I have severally witnessed an amplifier smoke and thunder when the music went out of control. Blast! Blast!! Blast!!! Boom! Boom!! Boom!!!

Wear your earmuff
images

sadly even though he is my dad , the jewish to christian barrier does exist. he is more open on somethings. i feel a high level of resistance when i ask.:bigfrown

i hate that. he said to me. why? you are no jew when i asked about an item that was used in jewish weddings.

sadly this is what we have done to them in our dealings with the jews. he did talk about the dance and somethings on weddings.

the dancing they do is similiar to the arabs and greeks. done in circles.

http://jewishdancing.com/picture.html

this is a site i googled. at present i will lurk on that and put that on hold until such time i feel the need to delve. its a pro messianic site.

Some folks get praise, worship, and a pep rally, all mixed together. They get their song all lined up, laid out, to flow this way or that, then ask the Holy Spirit to lead?
If your gift is preparing worship, God is already guiding the worship during song selection, just as a gifted pastor is guided in the preparation of his lesson so the Holy Spirit can move when he delivers it. Make sense?

sadly even though he is my dad , the jewish to christian barrier does exist. he is more open on somethings. i feel a high level of resistance when i ask.:bigfrown

i hate that. he said to me. why? you are no jew when i asked about an item that was used in jewish weddings.

sadly this is what we have done to them in our dealings with the jews. he did talk about the dance and somethings on weddings.

the dancing they do is similiar to the arabs and greeks. done in circles.

http://jewishdancing.com/picture.html

this is a site i googled. at present i will lurk on that and put that on hold until such time i feel the need to delve. its a pro messianic site.

will be giving it my whole attension soon

wow. man that is one way but what about both at the same time?
Some songs start out decidedly worshipful but then build in intensity and emotion until introspective worship becomes very vocal and outward. Which is a good way to bring a praise and worship service to a close--on a high note so to speak. You know you've had a strong visitation of God's Spirit in a praise and worship service when everyone is still on their feet, clapping and praising God long after the music has stopped.

in charmismatic circles some cry in the worship time and others are loud, and some quiet.

praise and worship can be both.

and sometimes it can be a time to just shut up and ponder the awe of god.
An ideal atmosphere for praise and worship includes having the freedom to respond in worship the way one wants to without any obligation put on them by others on how to respond and when (short of outright disruption of course), and not having to feel self conscious. Dimming the lights helps this a lot.

Some songs start out decidedly worshipful but then build in intensity and emotion until introspective worship becomes very vocal and outward. Which is a good way to bring a praise and worship service to a close--on a high note so to speak. You know you've had a strong visitation of God's Spirit in a praise and worship service when everyone is still on their feet, clapping and praising God long after the music has stopped.

An ideal atmosphere for praise and worship includes having the freedom to respond in worship the way one wants to without any obligation put on them by others on how to respond and when (short of outright disruption of course), and not having to feel self conscious. Dimming the lights helps this a lot.

my church allows both, but i have never seen the dimming the lights thing.

Back