Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Praise and Worship

One of my favourite songs (by Don Moen) is Mi Corazon. Do you have the CD, Jet?

Classify it under P&W, let's see what you'd say
"My soul sings

My Spirit shouts

With every breath

I'm crying out

I want to live

For you alone

You have captured my heart

Mi Corazon

Lord I give you my whole heart

Mi Corazon"

Worship.

Beautiful, delicate, articulate worship. Very nice. Would fit very nicely in the middle of a set of praise and worship songs.

Wonderful classical guitar (I just had mine out playing along with jason's Shir Lamaalot). Thank you both for sharing.

"My soul sings

My Spirit shouts

With every breath

I'm crying out

I want to live

For you alone

Mi Corazon

Mi Corazon"

Worship.

Beautiful, delicate, articulate worship. Very nice. Would fit very nicely in the middle of a set of praise and worship songs.

Wonderful classical guitar (I just had mine out playing along with jason's Shir Lamaalot). Thank you both for sharing.

:thumbsup You are right.

Those players are really great, especially the guitarists. Key of G wonders!!!

I have a leaning that way, and I do love music.

I learned many truths about praise and worship in the church I attended right after getting saved. I led worship in my next church for a few years. It is essential that one know the difference between a praise song and a worship song to put together an effective, Spirit filled song service.
Totally agree, Jethro.

Best in a large service, eh? :lol

:couch

Oh Nick!
You are going to heaven to do music (mainly)
Lucifer did music.
The ark bearers never went without the company of musicians

Anything can be P&W unto God. But P&W (music) has no equal. Prayer moves mountains but music moves God.

I get ya:lol

images
images
images
images

"My soul sings

My Spirit shouts

With every breath

I'm crying out

I want to live

For you alone

Mi Corazon

Mi Corazon"

Worship.

i wish i understood the hebrew in that. I know what the chapter of 121 of psalsm says. but they may have said extra to it.

i have a messianic jewish english version of that song. paul wilbur did it years ago

Totally agree, Jethro.

Best in a large service, eh? :lol

:couch
I know you're just kidding around, but, no, because that's where praise and worship tends to turn into performance and entertainment in the 'talent search' mentality of the world.

You have to actually be good at singing and playing an instrument to be on the worship team of a large church. Count me out, lol.

i wish i understood the hebrew in that. I know what the chapter of 121 of psalsm says. but they may have said extra to it.

i have a messianic jewish english version of that song. paul wilbur did it years ago
I found a youtube version with English subtitles and it didn't seem to add any extra.

Praise and Worship P&W

Most (if not all) Christian Musicians believe there is a big difference between P&W. This is judged by the nature of the songs sang unto God.

Most non-musician (especially pastors) disagree, saying: P&W mean the same.

Your contributions, please.

I am a dumb singer-guitar player. Don’t expect any great wisdom from me. Understand, though, that people like me need to express themselves in music. At the same time, I am uncomfortable when a worship service seems to turn into a music show.

...I am uncomfortable when a worship service seems to turn into a music show.
I cringe when I'm around people who judge whether a service was spiritual or not by how good the music/performance was.

A successful song service is when God's Spirit moves in response to a person who has been anointed and set apart by God to provide that music for the people of God to worship God through. You really don't have to be in the top ten of a talent search contest to have God move his people spiritually through your gift of music.

Don't hate me, but I don't like the '90's tubular bells sound. Other than that, good worship music.
What Tubular bells?:confusedDo you mean the keyboard voice? If yes, that's the best for worship (chord appreciation and beauty).I use a mixture of Hyper Tines and DX Hard or DX Modern alone.(Ground Piano is okay and Electric Piano voice is cool).

I'm all for Christian entertainment, I just don't think it should be confused with a praise and worship song service. It's true that sometimes listening to Christian music for the sake of being entertained by that music ends up in a genuine move of God's Spirit for the person listening. But I'm of the opinion that entertainment is not what you base a praise and worship meeting on.

I'm all for Christian entertainment, I just don't think it should be confused with a praise and worship song service. It's true that sometimes listening to Christian music for the sake of being entertained by that music ends up in a genuine move of God's Spirit for the person listening. But I'm of the opinion that entertainment is not what you base a praise and worship meeting on.

You are absolutely right!:thumbsup

But, what would you call a Ron Kenoly Stage? Entertainment? I doubt. Such a stage has all you need.

Back