Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers about my childhood abuse.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Tessa and Sister
Today was a day of setbacks that I created. Made a mistake with my meds, and I am paying dearly for it all day.
I learned a big lesson about my meds, and I am learning even more how to trust in my God and His promises, even more than before.
When control is out of your hands, you have no one but God and your faith in Him to get you through it.

Please pray for me.

Setbacks are horrid. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. God is with you and you are still on your way better. (Phone battery running out)
Praying for you.

Tessa
There is so much good coming from all this for my oldest son and myself.
I am amazed at how God is growing my son. What a blessing to see my flesh and blood praising God for all God is doing for Him.
It's amazing to watch God bless my boy so mightily, and what a joy to see him so happy in the lord.
My cup runneth over.

Seasoned by Grace
What a huge blessing to witness your son growing in faith. Praise to God.
Have you sorted your meds out for today?
Praying you have a better day today.
Tessa my wonderful sister of support and prayer, and all others praying for me like Sister, and Christ_empowered, and Marianne333, and PopaSodinski .
God is so amazing in the middle of these trials I am going through. My Doctors office is full of about 10 doctors, it
is horribly busy, and you can't normally get in for weeks, I have an appt. in the morning at 8:00 am on a cancellation by another patient, to see my own doctor, and no other doctor, as they sometimes give you someone else, other than your own doctor, which for them is just crazy for me to see my doctor the next day, to happen one time, even is a plain miracle to them, but for 2 times so close together, is just crazy nuts to them. This is the 2nd time now, that I have gotten in on a cancellation, on the very next day. God is working over-time.

The first time my Doctor said, surprised, how did you get in to see me, rather taken back and surprised.
This time I'm sure she will be equally surprised, and say something. I asked her the last time I saw her, if she minded if I was a Christian and talked about it, as part of my support and healing. She said of course not.

That opened the door, not just to talk about my faith, but for her to see things in my life, and even her life happening, that she can't explain, and is openly wondering about to herself, and maybe to others.
I have complimented them over and over for the wonderful care I am getting, and they just love being complimented, and bragged about, as I do about them with my neighbors.
So maybe all this suffering of mine, my flesh feeling like I am on fire, is about all these people in 2 different locations, being exposed to Christ.

God may have caused this to happen for someone He knows is open to the Cross, and maybe He is using me to do His miracles through me, for them to see and wonder about, and talk among themselves about, as most of the office is women, and women do love to talk. No offense at all meant here. Just having some fun. These women are amazing.
My 2 doctors' locations are full of mostly women, doctors, nurses, and other staff, and was told they are like family among themselves. So who knows what God has in mind for them to talk about. He is making sure I am there a lot, and getting to know everyone. I have a whole team of medical staff that I have been surrounded by, to take care of me, and get to know me.
God gets me in to see my doctor when it seems impossible

So pray for me for wisdom for me, in this situation, so if there is an opportunity for Christ, my eyes may be opened to see, and my heart may have the right words to share Christ, in the most natural, un-pressured, comfortable way for them, possible.

We are a team in and for Christ, all of us here, and who knows what God plans on doing in the middle of all this.
To me, it's not just about my healing anymore, but it may be about someone coming to Christ for salvation, or at least exposed to it, and we all have a part in it together, as a team, with many of you praying as PRAYER WARRIORS, to help me accomplish God's will.

God bless you all, as I live on 2 hours of sleep some nights.
Seasoned by Grace

Last edited:
Seasoned by Grace how marvellous that you have been given the opportunity to sow seeds to your doctor.
I am right with you in prayer that The Holy Spirit will give you the words to say. Also for you to have decent nights sleep and of course for continued healing.
God Bless you dear brother.

Tessa my dearest sister in the Lord. I left a post saying I was taking a break from the forum,
BUT I realized how badly I need to be here.
I was really struggling this morning, physically and emotionally, but realized no matter how hard life gets, I need and want all of you in my corner as I go through this difficult time, because I love you all and don't just need you to support me, but I want to be here to support everyone else here that I know, or will know in the future, and love dearly, or will love dearly in the Lord.

You are all FAMILY to me, and I needed to understand that. You are all wonderful with beautiful hearts, and no matter how bad things get, I'll do my best to be part of you, because you are all a part of me.
I feel like we are all part of a loving team as well as a family, and would like to see that continue, if that's what people want.

With great love and appreciation for Tessa my sister, and everyone else here that I love - All of you!!
Seasoned by Grace

Last edited:
Questioning my faith as God lets me suffer.
Am I really a Christian worthy of His love? RESONDING - NO.
I am not worthy. I am only worthy of the pain I can barely endure. Am I a sinner saved by HIS grace?? Yes.
I have sinned and sinned and asked for His forgiveness, and I repented, but is that enough?
I have loved others who persecuted me and threatened my life because of Him, but was that enough?

I see the folly in thinking what I have done for Him would be enough to save me from this trial I
am going through.
Forgive my words of self-pity and struggles as I question my purpose and existance.

Last edited:
Tessa my dearest sister in the Lord. I left a post saying I was taking a break from the forum,
BUT I realized how badly I need to be here.
I was really struggling this morning, physically and emotionally, but realized no matter how hard life gets, I need and want all of you in my corner as I go through this difficult time, because I love you all and don't just need you to support me, but I want to be here to support everyone else here that I know, or will know in the future, and love dearly, or will love dearly in the Lord.

You are all FAMILY to me, and I needed to understand that. You are all wonderful with beautiful hearts, and no matter how bad things get, I'll do my best to be part of you, because you are all a part of me.
I feel like we are all part of a loving team as well as a family, and would like to see that continue, if that's what people want.

With great love and appreciation for Tessa my sister, and everyone else here that I love - All of you!!
Seasoned by Grace
Hi Seasoned by Grace
Sorry you are having to go through all this torment. You will come out of this even stronger than you were before. Take one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute if need be.
Rest upon The Lord's shoulder and feel His peace and love for you.
We all love you here, and I agree we are family and a great team. We all need you to be with us.
One day at a time. I love that hymn. Jesus will get you there.

Questioning my faith as God lets me suffer.
Am I really a Christian worthy of His love? RESONDING - NO.
I am not worthy. I am only worthy of the pain I can barely endure. Am I a sinner saved by HIS grace?? Yes.
I have sinned and sinned and asked for His forgiveness, and I repented, but is that enough?
I have loved others who persecuted me and threatened my life because of Him, but was that enough?

I see the folly in thinking what I have done for Him would be enough to save me from this trial I
am going through.
Forgive my words of self-pity and struggles as I question my purpose and existance.

Not one of us is worthy.
Yes you are saved by Grace.
Your faith is like gold being tried in the fire. Just keep on hanging on.
Tou have the greatest gift, which is a heart full if love. That is what your purpose is. You spread it around to all.
Praying for you dear brother.

Hi Tessa
Your right I think, about Gods message of Love coming through me.
I love people greatly, and just enjoy people, and enjoy having fun with them.
The whole world wants to be loved and have genuine love in their life.

Look at all the websites for dating and finding the love of their life.
We all want an active love that we can depend on and be able to trust unconditionally.
And we want to return trustable love, that we feel great about giving, and build up the person we love.

Hi Tessa
Your right I think, about Gods message of Love coming through me.
I love people greatly, and just enjoy people, and enjoy having fun with them.
The whole world wants to be loved and have genuine love in their life.

Look at all the websites for dating and finding the love of their life.
We all want an active love that we can depend on and be able to trust unconditionally.
And we want to return trustable love, that we feel great about giving, and build up the person we love.
I agree. Love is a basic nred of mankind. That is how God created us and who could there be better to receive it from than our creator, The God of Love and Miracles

Hi, it is so great that in the middle of all you are going through you are still thinking about how to talk about faith and Jesus to others, I mean your doctors. I keep praying for your recovery. God bless you. What did the doctor said, do they know what it is, did they give you advice how to cope. I mean there are all kinds of ointments that help with this stuff or steroid injections if I am not mistaken.

Marianne333 my dear sister
There is something miraculous I experienced while suffering miserably.
There is not only a strength, and toughness that comes to you from God, but a passion
for loving people and helping them, you refuse to give up on, because people are worth
that dedication, passion and love, wherever you are, or whomever your with.
People need the truth, and they need our Godly love, that comes through us from God Himself.

We suffer that He may be glorified.

Marianne333 my dear sister
There is something miraculous I experienced while suffering miserably.
There is not only a strength, and toughness that comes to you from God, but a passion
for loving people and helping them, you refuse to give up on, because people are worth
that dedication, passion and love, wherever you are, or whomever your with.
People need the truth, and they need our Godly love, that comes through us from God Himself.

We suffer that He may be glorified.
so true. There is also a phrase that I heard in a movie A walk to remember. It said without suffering there is no compassion. That stuck with me because it is true. Hope you get well soon. I keep praying.

I rapidly went through the posts and may have missed a reference to an Old Testament section on parents and children.
Jeremiah 31:26 kjv
26. Upon this I awaked, and beheld; and my sleep was sweet unto me.
27. Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.
28. And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD.
29. In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.
30. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.
31. Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32. Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33. But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

God for a long time has wanted and promised to do away with talking about the parents sin controlling lives. The quickening spirit of the second Adam arrived to break the bondage (in our hearts and minds). Probably we look at our individual childhood traumas , but the higher order of thought is probably (Jewish sin has not destroyed us today). This passage is about 400 years before Jesus arrived. Post #2 by JLB pretty much used NT scriptures, and I just thought backing up to one of the original promises might help.

Probably time we all just look at our lives and move on. Just forgiving without rules, that we may be forgiven the same way.

What could a Mississippi redneck see.
eddif

Tessa my dear sister, and many others who have prayed for me.
So many others need prayers that I didn't want to dominate the prayer forum.
Life has been up and down. I miss being here and encouraging others, and starting topics that help people think and grow, or just question where they are in their faith.

This is going to take a while according to my doctor. She said 6 months to a year, to switch medications.
The one I'm on, for a long time, is the worst there is to get off of.
But what is impossible with man, is possible with God
I am learning how much He loves me, and how HE WILL HEAL ME as Jehova-rophe, the God who heals, restores, and cures.
God has something in mind for my future, but I sure hope you don't mind praying for me for wisdom and strength and PEACE to go through all this.
I still go on my walks when I can, and it's so amazing how many people I meet that are struggling with a painful life too.
So many hurting in this world.
Again, thank you for your prayers, Everyone's prayers mean so much.

God bless you all for your support and prayers. You are loved very much in Christ.
Seasoned by Grace

Last edited:
Hi Seasoned by Grace
You are on a roller coaster of a journey but the ups and downs should get less steep now. God is there with you. Every step of the way The Lord is by your side.
Good to hear you are getting out when you can manage it.
We miss you too when you can't be with us.
Praying for peace, wisdom and strength for you brother., also for s smooth path to full recovery.
Much Christian Love.

I will leave the context to you.

1 Peter 5:10 kjv
10. But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Ezekiel 32:14 kjv
14. Then will I make their waters deep, and cause their rivers to run like oil, saith the Lord GOD.

If you got your appointment early, I hope your time to get off the med will be very quick too.

The idea here is prolonged agony is not necessary or desired. 10 days of suffering was mentioned in a letter to a church in Revelation.

eddif

Back