Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers about my childhood abuse.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Thank you so much PaulChristensen
General neuropathy pain is a beast of an animal to deal with.
We all know God is greater than anything in the world,
but He has to choose to be greater on our behalf.
There are times suffering brings about a change in our lives that God is looking for, so I never pray against His will.
As Jesus said several times in prayer, "Not my will Father, but Thine be done.

God bless you my friend and kind brother for the verse.
I made a copy, so it's right there, next to my bed, when I need to focus on it.

Seasoned by Grace
I have neuropathy in my feet and it's not as bad as what you are dealing with, but I can relate to the pain. It's like someone stabbing you with sharp pins. Very painful. I don't like pharmacy meds as I would rather seek out pure herbal products when I can. What I found for me to relive the pain is St. John's Wort. I get it at Walmart. I take two three times a day and it has helped me. Maybe you could get some and try it.

I guess that there needs to be a greater understand of "if anyone be in Christ he is a new creation. Old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new.

When am trouble by my memories of the past, I stand on that verse of Scripture and any anxiousness goes away and I receive the peace of God that passes all understanding.

I wonder if your memories of the past are fiery darts of the enemy to derail your peace in Christ. Perhaps you need to use your shield of faith to quench those fiery darts from the enemy.

I was writing my testimony today Seasoned by Grace and realize what Paul said here is so true. They were just fiery darts of the enemy meant to derail my peace in Christ. They are easier to recognize now, but the past was a big one. Mainly because there was a lot of layers to work through.

Sad to hear about your pain. I prayed for you again tonight. Bless you, brother, and keep up the good fight.

Well Tessa my dear sister in Christ, and many others praying for me, I am just so exhausted from all this that I've been through, but my anxiety has calmed down, and I'm sleeping through the night, and my sciatica seems to have subsided.
This has been a trial of epic proportions for me, like being drug through the streets of hell, an absolute nightmare as I look back at it, but through it all...God was there with me!!!
Thank you GOD !!!

Through it all, God has taught me so much about not fearing anything, but instead, depending on Him in my faith, and taking control of my thoughts.
What a trial this has been, so he could teach me. God is always there, growing us sometimes.
Praise God for all of it, and the many prayers from so many.

I have learned to even be EVEN MORE GRATEFUL for the good times, by having to go through such a tumultuous time that totally caught me off guard, and threw me into turmoil out of nowhere, but God's timing is perfect.

Not sure if this is over, but Praise God for the break from all of this.

God bless you all for walking this troubled road of trials with me in your prayers.
From the deepest place in my heart and soul, my gratitude is overflowing.

Seasoned by God's Grace

Last edited:
Well Tessa my dear sister in Christ, and many others praying for me, I am just so exhausted from all this that I've been through, but my anxiety has calmed down, and I'm sleeping through the night, and my sciatica seems to have subsided.
This has been a trial of epic proportions for me, like being drug through the streets of hell, an absolute nightmare as I look back at it, but through it all...God was there with me!!!
Thank you GOD !!!

Through it all, God has taught me so much about not fearing anything, but instead, depending on Him in my faith, and taking control of my thoughts.
What a trial this has been, so he could teach me. God is always there, growing us sometimes.
Praise God for all of it, and the many prayers from so many.

I have learned to even be EVEN MORE GRATEFUL for the good times, by having to go through such a tumultuous time that totally caught me off guard, and threw me into turmoil out of nowhere, but God's timing is perfect.

Not sure if this is over, but Praise God for the break from all of this.

God bless you all for walking this troubled road of trials with me in your prayers.
From the deepest place in my heart and soul, my gratitude is overflowing.

Seasoned by God's Grace
So glad to hear you are doing better and to hear your testimony. Praise the Lord, I will keep praying for you. Keep us posted on how you are doing:pray:)

So glad to hear you are doing better and to hear your testimony. Praise the Lord, I will keep praying for you. Keep us posted on how you are doing:pray:)
Marianne333
Things started getting better, and then started getting worse again.
I went to the hospital and that didnt help much, but I saw a doctor today at the clinic where i am a regular patient, and saw her helper too, and they both assured me that they would be helping me get through this with the help of my regular doctor too, who I see next week.
They think the mads I have been on for many years for anxiety, have quit working and gave me a new prescription to Go along with it for anxiety. So I was really impressed with how caring and comforting they were, and how reassuring they were that this will all be behind me and that they would be a caring part of the process. VERY NICE.
One of the ladies helping me is a Christian too.
Boy did I need to hear that. A very sweet lady.

Marianne333 thank you so much for asking.
God bless you sister.

Marianne333
Things started getting better, and then started getting worse again.
I went to the hospital and that didnt help much, but I saw a doctor today at the clinic where i am a regular patient, and saw her helper too, and they both assured me that they would be helping me get through this with the help of my regular doctor too, who I see next week.
They think the mads I have been on for many years for anxiety, have quit working and gave me a new prescription to Go along with it for anxiety. So I was really impressed with how caring and comforting they were, and how reassuring they were that this will all be behind me and that they would be a caring part of the process. VERY NICE.
One of the ladies helping me is a Christian too.
Boy did I need to hear that. A very sweet lady.

Marianne333 thank you so much for asking.
God bless you sister.
Praying for you, and it is nice and really important that you got a good medical team behind you. I will pray that they are able to help you.

Seasoned by Grace I know I am late to this thread, but you have my prayers as well. My wife and I both endured abuse as grade school kids, mine physical abuse and hers sexual. We still have a long way to go but God has brought us thru this far. I know he will do that for you as well.

D-D-W
I think it's wonderful you and your wife found each other, and are able to have such a close bond, and be able to love each other through your own trials together, and also support each other, knowing each other's history.
What a fantastic marriage of 2 beautiful people.

Thank you for your prayers. God bless you both.
Seasoned By God's Grace

Tessa my Sister in Christ.
The doctor is trying things with my meds, so I am struggling, but some ladies in my neighborhood have the same issues with child abuse. Christians, so we pray for each other
Boy, do we live in a messed up world.
One fella has a son who has been mental since he was born, 32 now, and is a mess. WOW!!
I sure could use your prayers right now. Life is still hard. I just do my best to get through each day, and try to support others the best I can with Gods help.
Matthew 6:34, "Therefore, do not be anxious for tomorrow, for tomorrow will take care of itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

God bless you sister as God grows you in your faith.
Seasoned by Gods beautiful Grace.

Seasoned by Grace
You are such a dear brother. I am praying for you every day. I will not stop. The world is in a terrible mess, but God is eith us, He wl never let us down.
Satan is raging about attacking The Lord's people but Jesus and His angels are stronger. They will get you through this, they love you, they are fighting for you and Jesus will carry you through it all. Hold on He will strengthen you. He is with you.
Praying now dear friend and brother. God bless.

Tessa my dear sister in Christ.

You have no idea what your prayers mean to me at this time.
With the terrible pain of my sciatica still hounding me, and these medication problems, sometimes I feel like I am going crazy.
I know God calls it a fiery trial where the dross is removed, but the heat has been turned up, and I am suffering unamaginable pain. PRAISE GOD HE ALLOWS US TO SUFFER!!

Back