Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Prayer __] Prayers for house

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
YAY! YIPPEE! God is awesome; you asked him for something that fulfilled your needs; He went one further and gave you something beauiful. This is to show you that He loves you very much.

Better start baking some virtual cakes, because we're all coming over for a virtual housewarming party!

Good thing all has worked out, Kathi .... you wouldn't want to live somewhere where the carpet needs replacing like that :rofl2

Congrats on the new residence.... have fun with the packing ... and prayers will continue throughout this entire process :wave2

I will be transporting some boxes over to the house.Any ideas on how to make this easier?How about renting a hand truck?

You could rent a hand truck ... or you can buy a folding one for about $20 at a big hardware store such as Lowes, Menards, etc. They're sturdy, fold up nicely, and on hand for future use. (Quite nice to haul large bags of potting soil to the back yard)

You could rent a hand truck ... or you can buy a folding one for about $20 at a big hardware store such as Lowes, Menards, etc. They're sturdy, fold up nicely, and on hand for future use. (Quite nice to haul large bags of potting soil to the back yard)
That is a really good idea.I did not know they had folding hand trucks.The U-Haul company I was going to rent it from call what I would rent a Dolly?Are they different?To buy a fold up Dolly they seem kind of expensive $79.00 to over $100.00.

This is a very small rental management company I am dealing with.Three ladies run it.I know this one lady must be busy because she is the only one who is dealing with all the rental issues.I just need from her a rough time-table to what is going to happen in the next two weeks.She is not giving me straight answers.I have a ton of stuff to do. :janitor

A dolly & a hand truck are one and the same. I have a solid (non-folding) hand truck, but it doesn't fit in my car. So I bought a folding hand truck... it was $20 plus tax.

Unless you're moving boxes to a storage locker, I would wait until the moving truck is at your current home to load everything up to take directly to the new place, once you have the keys to the new place & can move in. You can rent a dolly/hand truck from the moving truck rental company.... sometimes you can ask them to toss the dolly in for free if you rent several furniture pads/blankets. Worth a try!

A dolly & a hand truck are one and the same. I have a solid (non-folding) hand truck, but it doesn't fit in my car. So I bought a folding hand truck... it was $20 plus tax.

Unless you're moving boxes to a storage locker, I would wait until the moving truck is at your current home to load everything up to take directly to the new place, once you have the keys to the new place & can move in. You can rent a dolly/hand truck from the moving truck rental company.... sometimes you can ask them to toss the dolly in for free if you rent several furniture pads/blankets. Worth a try!
Good idea.I think I will rent a dolly from a u-haul company.I am having a local moving company move my stuff.I don't have alot and it is fairly cheap.

chances are good that the local moving company who's going to move your belongings will have an extra dolly standing around unused. You might ask if you could borrow one in the meanwhile.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back