Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Pregnancy Control Pills

Classik

After intercourse some people use certain pills to control pregnancy. Is it not abortion? A female takes some pills after some hours, after having sex.

(Sorry for yet another abortion thread). I'm curious

The morning after pill is what your mentioning. I don't know much about these arguments but I would say that in the timing the baby is not even a baby. It could take a day before the egg is fertilized, if I remember correctly. So I think it's not abortion. Could be wrong, I don't know much about this topic.

The morning after pill is what your mentioning. I don't know much about these arguments but I would say that in the timing the baby is not even a baby. It could take a day before the egg is fertilized, if I remember correctly. So I think it's not abortion. Could be wrong, I don't know much about this topic.

Yeah - I mean after fertilization

Wouldent this fall under a disputable matter why must some Christians always try to craft arguments to change what is clearly a disputable matter to indisputable for the purposes of controlling others if the op thinks its wrong don't do itdont try to form a lynch mob for Thoes that enjoy the freedom that birth control brings

This is what divides a house

There are other ways to control that. The question is, 'Is it really abortion'?

I would say abortion is a disputable matter up to a certian point of course I don't know what that point is which is why I think it's a disputable matter. A sprem fertilizing an egg is sentient life? I don't think so.

These sorts of birth controls are generally an oh crap I forgot to take my pill and don't want a kid right now hardly in the same realm as murder

Birth control pill simply stops ovulation from occurring which means, there is no baby at the first place. If a baby is already formed, birth control pill will not harm the baby in any way. Babies exposed to the pill are also not at risk for developing complications or birth defects.

The morning after pill is just as much an 'abortion' as any other termination would be on day 1 or day 5 or day 13 or day 24 or day 25, 26, 36, 46, 68, 93 etc etc.

Later in the pregnancy we would all agree that a 'termination pill' is an abortion so how can it not be an abortion on day 1 or 2? As far as we know, the woman is already pregnant in this question, she is not almost pregnant or nearly pregnant, she is pregnant and there is already a new life forming within her - be it ever so small. The morning after pill kills that new life. The fact that we were not sure that she was pregnant is just a form of Russian roulette.

Ordinary birth control pills are a very different matter.

The morning after pill is just as much an 'abortion' as any other termination would be on day 1 or day 5 or day 13 or day 24 or day 25, 26, 36, 46, 68, 93 etc etc.

Later in the pregnancy we would all agree that a 'termination pill' is an abortion so how can it not be an abortion on day 1 or 2? As far as we know, the woman is already pregnant in this question, she is not almost pregnant or nearly pregnant, she is pregnant and there is already a new life forming within her - be it ever so small. The morning after pill kills that new life. The fact that we were not sure that she was pregnant is just a form of Russian roulette.

Ordinary birth control pills are a very different matter.

I guess the bigger question is where does "life" begin in ones own mind. Is it when their is centiance (spelling not correct). This is why its a disputable matter.

This topic does lend itself to the question?

Is this event post or pre-marriage ? The bible makes no reference to methods on contraception however pre-marital 'intimacy' shall we say isn't accepted.

So the bigger question should be is it acceptable and if so under what circumstances :)

Just my 2 cents

If nothing is in the bible a consensus dies not need to be met people just do what they think is right

If nothing is in the bible a consensus dies not need to be met people just do what they think is right

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs 12:15
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

Proverbs 21:2
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

Proverbs 16:2
All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.

Proverbs 16:25
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs 12:15
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

Proverbs 21:2
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

Proverbs 16:2
All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.

Proverbs 16:25
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

True but thoes are not caviats to cow tow to another man because of his opinion, if he can prove it in the bible fine but if not none of these scriptures apply and it is simply his opinoin and nothign more.

True but thoes are not caviats to cow tow to another man because of his opinion, if he can prove it in the bible fine but if not none of these scriptures apply and it is simply his opinoin and nothign more.

highlife, I encourage you to seek the Lord. He is a good God. He can heal you. He can redeem your life. He can restore brokenness. If you give your life to Him, He will give you His life, and He will give you it abundantly. God loves you very much.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

highlife, I encourage you to seek the Lord. He is a good God. He can heal you. He can redeem your life. He can restore brokenness. If you give your life to Him, He will give you His life, and He will give you it abundantly. God loves you very much.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I agree but why is my unwillingness to submit to someones non biblical opinion a sign that im ungodly? When someone tryes to push something they cant prove so hard isent that manipulation/control becuase if it was provable in the bible we would not even be having this discussion, I would just say ok your right and that would be the end of it.

I agree but why is my unwillingness to submit to someones non biblical opinion a sign that im ungodly? When someone tryes to push something they cant prove so hard isent that manipulation/control becuase if it was provable in the bible we would not even be having this discussion, I would just say ok your right and that would be the end of it.

I'm encouraging you to find repentence and salvation in Jesus Christ our Lord. This world and all it's pleasures will not satisfy you. Receive the Salvation of the Lord Jesus Christ and He will bless you with eternal life. This is the Gospel of Christ!

I'm encouraging you to find repentence and salvation in Jesus Christ our Lord. This world and all it's pleasures will not satisfy you. Receive the Salvation of the Lord Jesus Christ and He will bless you with eternal life. This is the Gospel of Christ!

I am just fine I just get tired of people peaching lies and tring to make it sound godly with unrelated scripture and feel good phrases that distract from the issue at hand.

I am just fine I just get tired of people peaching lies and tring to make it sound godly with unrelated scripture and feel good phrases that distract from the issue at hand.

Yes, the Bible warns us of people like this. They chase after the gratification of the flesh, but the Bible tells us to stay away from them and to not fear suffering for the Lord and for His ministry.

2 Timothy 4:3-5 (NLT)
For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths. But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don't be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello highlife

I empathize with that statement but it is not enough to rely entirely on the bible. Not everything is in there or is necessarily relevant today. For example, slavery is condoned and encouraged in the bible but mankind has risen above that and no civilized country still allows slavery. It is a question of morality.

Similarly with abortion. Are we all going to say that there is nothing wrong with abortion just because the bible does not mention it? No, of course not. Again, it is a question of morality.

I suspect that your moral judgement is actually similar to the majority judgement and you are just making a point - which is fine. If on the other hand you can see nothing wrong with abortion, at any stage of pregnancy, I doubt you will find many people who agree with you. That would be worthy of much deeper discussion. Perhaps you should make your opinion clear.

Back