Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Pregnant woman fired for not marrying fiance

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think in my parent's case I was young enough that it doesn't affect me as badly as it could have, and my brother was a baby and remembers none of it. Good thing.
you probably were and don't know it. but we would be going into those studies. jeff mentioned those to me with his drug talk we had.

oh please. lets be real. we can be very carnal. fleshly and child like. that is reality. doesn't make it right, just that is what we do. im being honest. since we have a young man that is stating things about marriage he has yet to know im posting what it is like so that he does have some clue. things that I had to see. marriage is god ordained but its two sinful Christians joined together and that doesn't mean we wont fight, act like kids and be stupid.

on that note:

one at first lust for the women when you get married then you love her more that has nothing to do with that body as that is dying. that took me years to see that. a few trials and angers and arguments to see that, funny how fights and reconciling taught me
I just experienced 2 people who should have gotten a divorce live in hell together and beat each other up. I don't know which would have been better - the divorce or that experience.

man its sad I post what im like and some judged me as being that way all the time. im not. I can be a jerk , what male doesn't do that to their wives at times? its a thing we must work on. that well im into this and I used to this with the men, you aint taking that time from me woman!

you probably were and don't know it. but we would be going into those studies. jeff mentioned those to me with his drug talk we had.
Could be. I like psychology, if someone could explain those things to me I'd be happy to listen.

man its sad I post what im like and some judged me as being that way all the time. im not. I can be a jerk , what male doesn't do that to their wives at times? its a thing we must work on. that well im into this and I used to this with the men, you aint taking that time from me woman!
the more I observe dads with their sons and wives, I found that when I was single I might I have been more holier in appearance only but I was very shallow. children teach us things, so do wives. its called you idiot , knock it off stop being selfish and impatient and be there for us. crude way of wording that. I have seen single women and men say things and do things that must change once they marry.

That is just plain wrong, men should act like men and take responsibility. My parents aren't divorced, but my dad wasn't much better.
Seeing how he was committing adultery, I don't guess responsibility was high on his list anyway. I'd say it's a good thing they separated. Even with the stuff we went through with my mom being a single parent and then with my stepdad and his health problems and eventual death, we were probably better off in the long run.

So you schedule your "jerk" time.How clever.
you have a hard time with men. not to be rude but I can see that. I guess it my lessons learned from women treating me like crap that make my cynical at times.if I was friendly and nice to them. they hated me. and went for the jerks that beat them and used them.

Seeing how he was committing adultery, I don't guess responsibility was high on his list anyway. I'd say it's a good thing they separated. Even with the stuff we went through with my mom being a single parent and then with my stepdad and his health problems and eventual death, we were probably better off in the long run.
I am sorry to hear about your stepdad, that must have been difficult for you and your family.

One thing I have learned is that our dad's behaviors have nothing to do with us, because for a long time I couldn't figure out what I did to deserve what he did, but now I know it's all on him.

you have a hard time with men. not to be rude but I can see that. I guess it my lessons learned from women treating me like crap that make my cynical at times.if I was friendly and nice to them. they hated me. and went for the jerks that beat them and used them.
I was naive,not walking with God and I trusted everyone.My mistake.I made a couple of horrible choices.They problem is that I made the choices not God.

But if you're as committed and joined before God as if you had the license, why don't you get the license then and prove it? After all it's supposed to be the exact same thing, right? So what's the fear in getting the license?
If the vow is between the people and God, why does God need the secular document to have it proven? Doesn't God know their hearts?

I am sorry to hear about your stepdad, that must have been difficult for you and your family.

One thing I have learned is that our dad's behaviors have nothing to do with us, because for a long time I couldn't figure out what I did to deserve what he did, but now I know it's all on him.
I was real young, so it was a long time before I truly understood what happened or why. And the dad I remembered as a little kid was pretty different from the one that pushed us all away and left. He seemed to change pretty drastically.

Because they Bible says so.
Where does it say? And the verse you gave about following the law of the land, doesn't really work here because marriages are holy unions, not a secular entity (well, to some people they are a secular entity) but I'm talking about what God constitutes what a marriage is.

I was real young, so it was a long time before I truly understood what happened or why. And the dad I remembered as a little kid was pretty different from the one that pushed us all away and left. He seemed to change pretty drastically.
If your step dad was a better father to you, then that was a blessing for you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back