Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Pregnant woman fired for not marrying fiance

I would say that God was the government.

Deeds, mortgages, etc are all secular, I don't see marriage as secular - it's a holy union.
its still a contract. why do you think that the covenant is recorded in the torah? what theres a contract tween man and god? yup in the mt.horeb all jews were MARRIED to god. its recorded.
this stone shall be a witness against thee this day. for when thou strays and fails to do the command which I have given thee.
god didn't need to be reminded of that contract(covenant)he wouldn't break it. but man would. funny aint it?

Jesse just became available. 'wink wink'
the dod has ruled that if I ever divorce my wife, she gets 50% of my pension. no matter if she is a BILLIONAIRE. so if we don't work out why on earth would I want her to have that? divorces get real ugly, son. real ugly and the law always favors the females. my wife can leave me and if I have the kids she gets them unless I pay a lawyer who really good to make it seem she is unfit.that is why most men just give in as that is too expensive.

the city pension works the same way. she cant be removed if after a time period. I would have to ask hr.
and if you didn't have the all binding license?

look we are sinners. if its one thing I know about Jason. I often like all people doesn't keep his word. I may commit to my wife now but marriages can be rough and hard and just plain crappy. that paper and its penalty is all that has kept me married. being honest and I know men whom GOD married them and said the exact same THING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Till death due us part jason.That are the vows you make.So a person had better pick wisely.

Now you are thinking like a selfish,greedy man.Not good jason.Believe me I've been there.
its not going to happen. I took him down the reality of what a divorce does. I wouldn't do it. there is a reason why god hates divorce. its that ugly, kids see that daddy and mom fight.

My father-in-law did 6 months for not paying support. Then he skipped town so he could continue to not pay and not go to jail for it.
My first husband did not pay support either until the Attorney General got after him.Hmmm....he is a pharmacist.Oh well there went his wages for quite some time.

Till death due us part jason.That are the vows you make.So a person had better pick wisely.
I don't live in fantasy land of well if god sent me a wife it will be like Disney. its not. marriage is ugly and nasty. sometimes im the jerk and the wife the b word. yet one of us nay both must choose despite that to still love the other. that isn't unlike our lord whom we treat like that!

I don't live in fantasy land of well if god sent me a wife it will be like Disney. its not. marriage is ugly and nasty. sometimes im the jerk and the wife the b word. yet one of us nay both must choose despite that to still love the other. that isn't unlike our lord whom we treat like that!
Why are you a jerk?Don't you want to be the husband that God wants you to be?

I love learning stuff like that, it bothered me there was polygamy, so now I an reconcile with it and be at peace.

:wink
She is older than I am -she'd be a cougar!
I never did like younger guys....nope.Always liked them older.

its not going to happen. I took him down the reality of what a divorce does. I wouldn't do it. there is a reason why god hates divorce. its that ugly, kids see that daddy and mom fight.
I think in my parent's case I was young enough that it doesn't affect me as badly as it could have, and my brother was a baby and remembers none of it. Good thing.

Why are you a jerk?Don't you want to be the husband that God wants you to be?
oh please. lets be real. we can be very carnal. fleshly and child like. that is reality. doesn't make it right, just that is what we do. im being honest. since we have a young man that is stating things about marriage he has yet to know im posting what it is like so that he does have some clue. things that I had to see. marriage is god ordained but its two sinful Christians joined together and that doesn't mean we wont fight, act like kids and be stupid.

on that note:

one at first lust for the women when you get married then you love her more that has nothing to do with that body as that is dying. that took me years to see that. a few trials and angers and arguments to see that, funny how fights and reconciling taught me

Back