Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Pregnant woman fired for not marrying fiance

Neither, really. I just said that I do entertain the idea of the government leaving marriage alone and letting churches and religious institutions handle it, some believe it has no business with marriage anymore than big government has in most things.
That's a good idea. I agree, the gov't is in too many personal issues.

in pauls day there was legal recongnition of marries by the state. roman law does do that. I have to find that in the roman law links I have read.
I realize that later the Hebrews had set up laws around marriages, just as our society did.

How were Adam and Eve married?

I see what you're saying and I'm partially supportive of the idea of keeping the government out of marriage. (Not entirely sure, as there are a few rights granted with that, though the specifics don't come to mind at the moment.) That said, I would consider living together without a marriage license to be guilty of the appearance of evil, if nothing else.
But if you're as committed and joined before God as if you had the license, why don't you get the license then and prove it? After all it's supposed to be the exact same thing, right? So what's the fear in getting the license?

That's a good idea. I agree, the gov't is in too many personal issues.
thanks, legally now I can take my wife off my pension and give it to anyone I choose and face no problems. I can also not have to have her on any insurance if I don't want to with life insurance. I met a man that would charge his own wife to work on her car. he was that much of a horder. nevermind that any person doesn't have to recongnise any contract that they don't want too if that is to be. marriage is a contract and like it or not that is needful. contracts are in writing. why is that?

I realize that later the Hebrews had set up laws around marriages, just as our society did.

How were Adam and Eve married?
that is prior to the fall. did adam and eve NEED government?

where is their deed to own the earth? property? see where I can take this? we get to pick and choose which contract I want to break based on that argument,

thanks, legally now I can take my wife off my pension and give it to anyone I choose and face no problems. I can also not have to have her on any insurance if I don't want to with life insurance. I met a man that would charge his own wife to work on her car. he was that much of a horder. nevermind that any person doesn't have to recongnise any contract that they don't want too if that is to be. marriage is a contract and like it or not that is needful. contracts are in writing. why is that?
Why would you want to take her off your pension? If you're committed to her, why?

But if you're as committed and joined before God as if you had the license, why don't you get the license then and prove it? After all it's supposed to be the exact same thing, right? So what's the fear in getting the license?
My opinion, so long as marriage is a government institution I would get a license before living with someone. It would look bad and make for a bad testimony otherwise.
But I'm nowhere near getting married anyway, never even been in a relationship.

Folks, can't you see you're really saying they're NOT the same thing by not getting the license?

My opinion, so long as marriage is a government institution I would get a license before living with someone. It would look bad and make for a bad testimony otherwise.
But I'm nowhere near getting married anyway, never even been in a relationship.
Jesse just became available. 'wink wink'

Why would you want to take her off your pension? If you're committed to her, why?
the dod has ruled that if I ever divorce my wife, she gets 50% of my pension. no matter if she is a BILLIONAIRE. so if we don't work out why on earth would I want her to have that? divorces get real ugly, son. real ugly and the law always favors the females. my wife can leave me and if I have the kids she gets them unless I pay a lawyer who really good to make it seem she is unfit.that is why most men just give in as that is too expensive.

the city pension works the same way. she cant be removed if after a time period. I would have to ask hr.

the dod has ruled that if I ever divorce my wife, she gets 50% of my pension. no matter if she is a BILLIONAIRE. so if we don't work out why on earth would I want her to have that? divorces get real ugly, son. real ugly and the law always favors the females. my wife can leave me and if I have the kids she gets them unless I pay a lawyer who really good to make it seem she is unfit.that is why most men just give in as that is too expensive.

the city pension works the same way. she cant be removed if after a time period. I would have to ask hr.
Now you are thinking like a selfish,greedy man.Not good jason.Believe me I've been there.

the dod has ruled that if I ever divorce my wife, she gets 50% of my pension. no matter if she is a BILLIONAIRE. so if we don't work out why on earth would I want her to have that? divorces get real ugly, son. real ugly and the law always favors the females.
True, though the my dad got away with not paying child support most of the time.

that is prior to the fall. did adam and eve NEED government?

where is their deed to own the earth? property? see where I can take this? we get to pick and choose which contract I want to break based on that argument,
I would say that God was the government.

Deeds, mortgages, etc are all secular, I don't see marriage as secular - it's a holy union.

look we are sinners. if its one thing I know about Jason. I often like all people doesn't keep his word. I may commit to my wife now but marriages can be rough and hard and just plain crappy. that paper and its penalty is all that has kept me married. being honest and I know men whom GOD married them and said the exact same THING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back