Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Pregnant woman fired for not marrying fiance

No one has said that it doesn't come with responsibility or accountability. Living according to God's laws would be the goal.

I still don't see where God states it's a "legal obligation" to the state your reside?
oral laws don't work that way. does the book of genesis say in wording that murder is bad? NO, its by implication that it is bad but if you want thou shall not murder in writing then see exodus 20. that is how the oral law works.

It's evil to not be legally bound to the one you're sleeping with. If you're not legally bound to the one you're sleeping with, you are a fornicator...
OK. I can go with that if you can show me in scripture (chapter and verse) where God states we have to have our marriage recognized by the secular government before God considers it valid. Once again, let me emphasize I'm not trying to convince anyone that they shouldn't get the legal marriage done, just asking for actual scripture that states that this is required by God if we are going to claim God commanded it. If God commanded something, He will have stated so in scripture. It's not our place to make up rules and say they are commands of God.

If you two did cave in, to the rest of us we wouldn't know if you two were married or living in fornication. Thus the 'appearance of evil' issue God says to avoid.
I can see where people might view it as hypocritical, only because the Church decided to follow society "rules" about this. It's too bad the Church always bends to man made rules and traditions.

No one has said that it doesn't come with responsibility or accountability.
But you do say that when you don't get married and just say you're married. Trust me, this is exactly what people who say their relationship is a marriage are saying: "I'm avoiding the responsibility of this relationship."

But you do say that when you don't get married and just say you're married. Trust me, this is exactly what people who say their relationship is a marriage are saying: "I'm avoiding the responsibility of this relationship."
Or....a lot of times they say "We just want to know each other before we get married".Then they never get married.

Thanks. I got slapped out of the deal, too. :nonono But like the person I was talking to said - it's good I got out now...
Just think what a creek you'd be up right now if you had had some kind of license-less marriage and she slapped you. Do you honestly think you'd stick to God's 'no divorce allowed' rule then? Me thinks that is exactly when these 'married' people remember they're not 'really' married after all.

John 8:7King James Version (KJV)
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

OK. I can go with that if you can show me in scripture (chapter and verse) where God states we have to have our marriage recognized by the secular government before God considers it valid. Once again, let me emphasize I'm not trying to convince anyone that they shouldn't get the legal marriage done, just asking for actual scripture that states that this is required by God if we are going to claim God commanded it. If God commanded something, He will have stated so in scripture. It's not our place to make up rules and say they are commands of God.
since there wasn't government in the days of the patriarchs we could argue a whole lot laws that we don't need to follow. I don't need to sign the dotted line to buy land. they didn't mention in the bible. though its there and implication. when abrahm bought the land from the children of heth. his money exchange and deed was recorded in a jar and buried in the land he bought. its not mentioned but its well accepted that the time they did that. funny how it works like that.

We would have gotten married though, in God's eyes. IMO, doing something front and center - in God's eyes - weighs more than a marriage license does. There is a greater responsibility and a greater accountability when being truly married in God's eyes.

On the other hand, I can see where people would take advantage of this, but I'm talking about Christian commitments.

Just think what a creek you'd be up right now if you had had some kind of license-less marriage and she slapped you. Do you honestly think you'd stick to God's 'no divorce allowed' rule then? Me thinks that is exactly when these 'married' people remember they're not 'really' married after all.
or he slapped her and he goes to jail for a time and does repent and she leaves him easily as she doesn't want to bother with him being a criminal. not saying that one must stay but the lord does say we ought to work it out. he isn't married. we all like to think its well if god sent her, then we wont argue. it will NEVER come to divorce., it wont suck, I wont be an donkey. she wont be the female dog.that law keeps one straight.

That you were not stating that it's ok to have sex outside of marriage, as Jethro seemed to be claiming that you were. I knew different but it's not my place to speak for you.
Ok, thanks for clarifying.

No! It's not ok, trust me I am convicted to not!

or he slapped her and he goes to jail for a time and does repent and she leaves him easily as she doesn't want to bother with him being a criminal. not saying that one must stay but the lord does say we ought to work it out. he isn't married. we all like to think its well if god sent her, then we wont argue. it will NEVER come to divorce., it wont suck, I wont be an donkey. she wont be the female dog.that law keeps one straight.
It seem like it's pretty easy to get a divorce, too, seem how over 50% of those holding a marriage license get one.

A marriage license is as only as good as a couple is committed to one another.

I didn't have to be married in my church. besides it works like this. even under the gay rights rulings. I have to get the license to marry from the state wait three days unless waivered., have any agent of the state sign the license and one witness and its legal. that agent can be a notary public, a priest, and judge. they don't have to do any ceremony. its that simple. and oath is taken saying that I affirm that im not married in another state and that I also understand the marriage laws.

Back