Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Prosecuted for a hate crime instead of murder….scary

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Probably the “witness” will be those who say with 100% certainty that their feelings were hurt. Ergo, it was a hate crime. Off with his/her head!
Feelings and emotions in the flesh can cause one to do some horrendous things.

So many people say you should have a hand gun for defense, but I say I have the best protection which is Christ Jesus. If someone wants to rob me, have at it as they are not going to get much, or kill me then so be it as I will lay in my grave in rest from the problems of this world and wait upon the Lords return.

I hear you!

But somewhere down the line I got a love of weapons in my heart. I think scripture says that the Lord puts the desires of our heart in there? I've always been a gun guy. We grew up with loaded guns all over the house. How my dad handled safety with 4 kids and guns, was strict but we all seemed to catch on fast so we never had any trajedys. I have hunted a lot and who don't like shooting targets or tin cans?! I just don't want to shoot any people if possible.

Sometimes I think, well if the Lord put the desire in my heart for weapons then...it's for a reason? DO I still have a gunbattle in my future? I hope not, I don't want to have to fight. I guess we can't really be sure about the Russians either. They could hit 3 ways. Biological, nuclear, and military troops. Bomb the ocean offshore and wipe out New York with a tidal wave. Russians would probably send the foot troops over our unguarded Northern border. And it would be largely a conventional war.

Not terribly smart if the russians did that. This country is armed to the teeth right now.

1 John 3:15 kjv
15. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

I know (not playing fair).

Hating a brother.
But
There is a relationship between inward hate and murder.

Matthew 5 gets a little deeper by discussing a brother and an enemy (there is a difference).

TV Cowboy and Indian shows may be our problem at times.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Matthew 5 gets a little deeper by discussing a brother and an enemy (there is a difference).
Yes there is.

Matthew 5:43
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' "

It is interesting here that our Lord is talking about the rabbinic commentary "You have heard that it was said," on the 10 commandments. But here, He quotes a saying that had never been found in scripture or any known rabbinic writings until recently. The "hate your enemy" part was found only when the Dead Sea Scrolls were translated a few decades ago, and it was in the Charter for the city of Qumran. So it was a teaching of the Essanes.

But as He did with the rabbinic commentary, setting it straight, here He negated that idea altogether:

Matthew 5:44
But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

I have no idea of England's court standards, but here in the US it is "beyond a reasonable doubt."

Please define what is reasonable from a lgtb point of view?
If as lgtb say, maintaining that marriage is only for one man and one women is unreasonable, where is the definition of reasonable.

Please define what is reasonable from a lgtb point of view?
If as lgtb say, maintaining that marriage is only for one man and one women is unreasonable, where is the definition of reasonable.
That is irrelevant to the statement. "Reasonable" is refering to doubt in the minds of the jurors in a criminal jury trial. IT has nothing to do with LGBT.

I hear you!

But somewhere down the line I got a love of weapons in my heart. I think scripture says that the Lord puts the desires of our heart in there? I've always been a gun guy. We grew up with loaded guns all over the house. How my dad handled safety with 4 kids and guns, was strict but we all seemed to catch on fast so we never had any trajedys. I have hunted a lot and who don't like shooting targets or tin cans?! I just don't want to shoot any people if possible.

Sometimes I think, well if the Lord put the desire in my heart for weapons then...it's for a reason? DO I still have a gunbattle in my future? I hope not, I don't want to have to fight. I guess we can't really be sure about the Russians either. They could hit 3 ways. Biological, nuclear, and military troops. Bomb the ocean offshore and wipe out New York with a tidal wave. Russians would probably send the foot troops over our unguarded Northern border. And it would be largely a conventional war.

Not terribly smart if the russians did that. This country is armed to the teeth right now.
Romans 1:24 kjv
24. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25. Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
(Not my problem area), but a scripture concept.

VS
Psalms 37:4 kjv
4. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Philippians 2:13 kjv
13. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

When we find a desire in ourselves, we have to decide if it came from God or our carnal nature.
We have to discern if it is good or evil, and not just say if it is in my heart it must be God (because he gives us the desires of our heart).

The desperately wicked and deceitful stony heart precedes the heart of flesh.
I am just now examining some things / desires that may have just been wrong in my life.

The weapons I use to pull down the stronghold may not be a bunker busting bomb, but faith plus aspects of the divine nature.
2 Peter 1

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Hate crime is just used to limit freedom of speech. At the moment it's illegal to publish insulting words to excite hostility or bring into contempt any group on the grounds of color, race, and ethnic grounds and national origin, and that is it under the human rights act.

But they will bring in religious as they just done here, and also go for the LGBT+ and basically everything else so people cannot have open honest discussion and opinions and beliefs or critisise anything about anything. All it takes is someone to say they offended and the words were insulting to them and that's a crime, probably like up to 3 years in prison or something.

Last edited:
Well, we finally made it to James chapter 3
The whole chapter is about the tongue and what we should and should not say.

God has to do the controlling from above.

eddif

Hi all,

Now, I'm no attorney, so I could be mistaken here, but I think the 'hate crime' statute requires that the actions or events of the crime be directed to, what we today call, 'protected class' citizens. So, this fear that is being discussed here that because we have hate crime statutes the government can now go after anyone that they like and just say that the target is somehow a hater, doesn't really fly, the way the hate crime statute is defined today.

Now, it could change, but as it is today, government cannot use the 'hate crime' statute to bring down their governmental enemies. Unless and of course, the charged entity did commit a 'hate crime', by definition.

Just my understanding of the issue.

God bless,
Ted

I think hate crimes in this context mean there can be a federal case in top of the state case. To me that looks like double jeopardy but apparently it’s ok ✅ in limited circumstances.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

Premeditation is a big issue in serious criminal cases. Mental illness or mental defect as I think the law calls it can be an issue as well. Violent crimes committed for material gain can also result in harsher penalties in some states. Unless there is strong evidence.. say a defendant saying I killed so and so for money and I planned for months in advance…

It all kind of strikes me as attempts at
Mind reading. And…

Over 90 percent of criminal cases I. The USA are plea bargained so all these laws seem to really do is give the prosecutors more power.

I read on line (maybe faulty source) that the perpetrator of the latest gun shooting will be charge with a “hate” crime. This is more scary than the crime. If we start prosecuting people for what they think or feel, terrible tyranny is around the corner. ANYONE can be charge with “hate” crime as it cannot be proven and doesn’t need to be. The crime is your feelings, not your deeds. And the powers that be can insist they KNOW you have unlawful FEELINGS! Scary!!!

They do include “murder” but it’s just included.

The problem with a "hate crime" is that, increasingly, the one with the greater power can impose on those with lesser power their particular definition of "hate." This is what the Left is doing; bit by bit, they are moving the culture into a place where "hate" means "not in accord with my views," or "anything that makes me feel uncomfortable." And the associated intersectional pyramid of "power" puts the heterosexual, white male at the bottom of the pyramid, and the gender-fluid, minority, disabled person at the top (provided they espouse radical Leftist ideology), defining for everyone else what "hate" is. As intersectionality is imposed on us, rampant delusion is overtaking society: men can be women; women can be men; men can be pregnant; racism is not racism if it's against white men; 2+2 does not equal 4; exams are the vestige of white, oppressive, power-mongering; homosexuality is normal and pedophilia and beastiality are just around the corner, waiting to be made so, too. And so on.

Isaiah 59:12-14 (NASB)
12 For our transgressions are multiplied before You, And our sins testify against us; For our transgressions are with us, And we know our iniquities:
13 Transgressing and denying the LORD, And turning away from our God, Speaking oppression and revolt, Conceiving in and uttering from the heart lying words.
14 Justice is turned back, And righteousness stands far away; For truth has stumbled in the street, And uprightness cannot enter.

Sound familiar? Maybe like today's news? It sure does to me!

That is not the standard used in lgtb hate crimes.

The level of evidence is, " I felt threatened by the accused words."
Look at j.k Rowlands how as a woman survivor of abuse, she has been revialled and ignored by the film industry for objecting to men using woman's changing areas.

The blog wintery knight is a good one for keeping upto date with the insanity of lgtb lunacy.
Are you mixing up cancle culture with hate crimes? As others have pointed out, a hate crime is an additional charge added to an existing charge. So the shooter is being prosecuted for murder and because of the possible evidence that this was aimed at that bar because it's a spot for LGBT people, a hate crime charge is added.

May I ask who is trying to scare you into thinking you are br8ng oppressed by hate ctime,laws?

The problem with a "hate crime" is that, increasingly, the one with the greater power can impose on those with lesser power their particular definition of "hate." This is what the Left is doing; bit by bit, they are moving the culture into a place where "hate" means "not in accord with my views," or "anything that makes me feel uncomfortable." And the associated intersectional pyramid of "power" puts the heterosexual, white male at the bottom of the pyramid, and the gender-fluid, minority, disabled person at the top (provided they espouse radical Leftist ideology), defining for everyone else what "hate" is. As intersectionality is imposed on us, rampant delusion is overtaking society: men can be women; women can be men; men can be pregnant; racism is not racism if it's against white men; 2+2 does not equal 4; exams are the vestige of white, oppressive, power-mongering; homosexuality is normal and pedophilia and beastiality are just around the corner, waiting to be made so, too. And so on.

Isaiah 59:12-14 (NASB)
12 For our transgressions are multiplied before You, And our sins testify against us; For our transgressions are with us, And we know our iniquities:
13 Transgressing and denying the LORD, And turning away from our God, Speaking oppression and revolt, Conceiving in and uttering from the heart lying words.
14 Justice is turned back, And righteousness stands far away; For truth has stumbled in the street, And uprightness cannot enter.

Sound familiar? Maybe like today's news? It sure does to me!
I think who ever is selling you that logoc has much to gain from your fear. Hate crime legislation is very hard to demonstrate. Add in the protection in the USA under our Bill of rights means a person can not be prosecuted for just having a stance.

If the kid in Calorado just stood on the public street and mDe statements that they hate LGBT people, they are protected. It was going into the establishment and firing a weapon at people committing murder that the person is being prosecuted for.

I think there are some commentators with interest in muddling the waters to scare people into thinking this tradegy means they are next.

Got to l9ve ratt8ngs based reporting.

I think who ever is selling you that logoc has much to gain from your fear.

Afraid? Who said I was afraid? I didn't.

Hate crime legislation is very hard to demonstrate. Add in the protection in the USA under our Bill of rights means a person can not be prosecuted for just having a stance.

Yes, and? I never said anything about laws; I spoke only of cultural trends which, as they dominate society, are inevitably reflected in the laws governing that culture.

I think there are some commentators with interest in muddling the waters to scare people into thinking this tradegy means they are next.

On both sides of the political spectrum.

I think who ever is selling you that logoc has much to gain from your fear. Hate crime legislation is very hard to demonstrate. Add in the protection in the USA under our Bill of rights means a person can not be prosecuted for just having a stance.

If the kid in Calorado just stood on the public street and mDe statements that they hate LGBT people, they are protected. It was going into the establishment and firing a weapon at people committing murder that the person is being prosecuted for.

Got to l9ve ratt8ngs based reporting.
There are a number of testimonies of Americans losing their jobs or such for saying words that someone else did not like but were just their view. For example, yesterday I heard about a high school girl who was suspended because she did not like a "trans" boy who walked into the girls locker room and watched the girls changing. The school said they could do nothing to restrict the born boy who strangely enjoyed watching girls change and did not change himself as we want not on the team. So she complained to a student in class and was suspended. Her father, a coach in another school, wrote the incident on twitter and was suspended from work. Now was this legal? Does the US constitution protect both of them legally? I cannot answer that but the reality is they and many others have lost their positions for saying words that someone else did not like. Freedom of speech is no longer a right and is not protected. The US has changed (other countries as well.)

Are you mixing up cancle culture with hate crimes? As others have pointed out, a hate crime is an additional charge added to an existing charge. So the shooter is being prosecuted for murder and because of the possible evidence that this was aimed at that bar because it's a spot for LGBT people, a hate crime charge is added.

May I ask who is trying to scare you into thinking you are br8ng oppressed by hate ctime,laws?
The culture influences how laws are interpreted and acted upon.

Back