Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Prosecuted for a hate crime instead of murder….scary

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
No, they were taught that slaves weren’t people. They weren’t hypocrites, just ignorant.

There were different opinions. There were also people from Africa who had come as free men.

Slavery had been a part of the world for millennia. Their words were surprisingly modern.
It was modern for their time. Originally under the Constitution only land owning free men could vote. That was changed with universal sufferage,, then women's suffrage, then again under the cival rights act.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I find rich USA Christians a bit ridiculous at times. Go on mission trips all kinds of outreach to the poor in other countries…

Here at home? Vote Republican, hatred of so called welfare bums…

Ugh 😑
I think this more cognitive dissonance because the foreign people are seen as an other. The people at home are just not trying hard enough. It's a blind spot out of ignorance.

Why is restricting topics because of the lack of self-discipline or Christian righteousness in your view NOT on the part of some restricting free speech?
Good luck trying to get our judicial system to enforce a violation of free speech when you are in violation of a contract.

Good luck trying to get our judicial system to enforce a violation of free speech when you are in violation of a contract.
I have had a few jobs including some in the US and there was never anything in the contract about how the employee is to speak to others. Can you provide an example of modern work contracts that include what pronouns one is to use at work, for example?

I have started a new thread in the Current Events and Politics forum to carry on the discussion about taxation and rich vs poor so we don't continue to derail this discussion. You can find it here.

Since the founding of this Nation, yes. That's why we have a bill of rights to protect our rights and for apeals.
As it says in your founding document. " All men are created equal." yet All men were not treated equally.
Why do you suppose that rights will be applied equally.

Look at the cases where Christians have been sued, lost jobs etc because they were Christian in the USA.

As it says in your founding document. " All men are created equal." yet All men were not treated equally.

Look at the cases where Christians have been sued, lost jobs etc because they were Christian in the USA.
I don’t think Milk-Drops wants to look.

Do you want to bring any of the cases up?

Why would you say that?
That’s a brave question and I admire you for asking it.

I say it because you give me answers that befit an America 30 years ago when rights were still respected and the Constitution had some bite. I get the impression that you don’t want to see that America has changed and radically. When I give you accounts of unbelievable violations of those freedoms, your response indicates you don’t want to see them. I tell you of cases where those rights are violated and you quote me the bill of rights as those those words on that paper has power alone.

This is an example where you
show you’ve NEVER HEARD of any such cases and they are rampant although not only christians. How can someone not know of these unless they don’t want to know?
I think you misunderstand why I ask. I know there have been cases in the last few years c where due to changes in legislation. There have been challenges to the limits. Recently the Supreme Court has ruled in favor of cases where Christians can have more legal in schools functions. I am asking for specific cases to see what nuance is getting lost.

show you’ve NEVER HEARD of any such cases and they are rampant although not only christians. How can someone not know of these unless they don’t want to know?
I have never heard or at least I do not recall ever hearing. I would be interested in actual case references that you could provide. Otherwise, you're asking your readers to believe you at your word only. When someone does this, until thet are able to present actual evidence, I'm left with believing one of two probabilities. Either they can't produce the evidence or they are unwilling to do so.

It's the same reason for asking for Scripture references when arguing a point of Scripture. The reader needs to know the basis for the point of view beyond their own claim.

LOL

I have macular degeneration in one eye. I have a blind spot. No matter how hard I try and want to see, I have the blind spot till healing takes place.

The eyes of our understanding have blind spots too. We can want to see, but till the divine nature is applied /achieved, we can not always face / see / understand a concept.
Patience is one area heading toward the goal.

eddif

I have never heard or at least I do not recall ever hearing. I would be interested in actual case references that you could provide. Otherwise, you're asking your readers to believe you at your word only. When someone does this, until thet are able to present actual evidence, I'm left with believing one of two probabilities. Either they can't produce the evidence or they are unwilling to do so.

It's the same reason for asking for Scripture references when arguing a point of Scripture. The reader needs to know the basis for the point of view beyond their own claim.
When people describe in an interview what happened to them, as witnesses in a courtroom do, what physical evidence do you require? Witnesses in a court aren’t required to produce evidence of what they saw. Why do you require it?

Do you want to bring any of the cases up?
You are asking so eone in England about what is happening in your country.
Do you really want to know?
2015 fire chief Kevin Cochran fired for having a Christian view of marriage.
2010 bookst5 employee Peter Vadala fired for expressing Christian views on marriage.
2004 Nathan Abraham fired for saying he didn't accept evolution.

Three old cases that show America does not follow what its own laws and constitution says.

LOL

I have macular degeneration in one eye. I have a blind spot. No matter how hard I try and want to see, I have the blind spot till healing takes place.

The eyes of our understanding have blind spots too. We can want to see, but till the divine nature is applied /achieved, we can not always face / see / understand a concept.
Patience is one area heading toward the goal.

eddif
I’m sorry you suffer from that.

Jesus wouldn’t agree with your position because He said if we keep His teaching we shall know the truth. I find that much more promising than “we all have blind spots and they’ll never go away.” I think the Holy Spirit is greater than our blind spots.

When people describe in an interview what happened to them, as witnesses in a courtroom do, what physical evidence do you require? Witnesses in a court aren’t required to produce evidence of what they saw. Why do you require it?
Do you believe everything everyone says? If so, why?

Back