Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Prosperity preachers are prosperous. Why?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The Lord Jesus said: 'Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven' (Matthew 6.20).

He contrasts this heavenly treasure with the corruptible, earthly sort.

"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." John 15:7
We must understand how powerful Gods covenant with us is. Jesus said, "if you love me, you will obey me." So when you have the fear of God in your life God will bless you through grace. The word "IF" is very powerful in the bible! The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it. Proverbs 10:22

They are rich because they take in millions a year by telling their members that they too can become rich by giving to them and that poverty and other bad things will befall them if they don't, yet the prosperity preachers are the ones that keep getting richer. That ain't hard math.:biggrin
What does the bible say about the rich man? It's harder for him to enter the Kingdom than for a camel to pass through the eye of a camel? :yes

And if the mega rich preacher is so full of faith then why is he always begging for money? I guess fleecing sheep is hard work worthy of a big pay off. :confused

Also, I don't condemn prosperity preacher;

Thats good

I am not for it either. What I really want is that all would smile, wealthy and rich. :nod :biggrin

Classik
didn't you realize you were opening one of the biggest can of worms there is
?

Last edited by a moderator:
They are who they are today, we are who we are today based on what we thought about ourselves yesterday, and what we thought about yesterday. Ask the Father to touch your thoughts and put you in a perfect place. Just like Joshua and the children of Israel; they were in the land of milk and honey while the people where still in Canaan. They were talking about the grapes, fruits, and pineapples, while the people was talking about the giants. Two people seeing the same thing and different thoughts. Let us focus on the promise and not the pain; the promotion and not the problem. This is the same tool Satan used against Eve in the Garden. We must renew our minds!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

They are rich because they take in millions a year by telling their members that they too can become rich by giving to them and that poverty and other bad things will befall them if they don't, yet the prosperity preachers are the ones that keep getting richer. That ain't hard math.What does the bible say about the rich man? It's harder for him to enter the Kingdom than for a camel to pass through the eye of a camel? And if the mega rich preacher is so full of faith then why is he always begging for money? I guess fleecing sheep is hard work worthy of a big pay off.
That may be true....tho sounds funny. However, true preachers of posperity get richer. Giving!!!

I won't mention names. I know a lot of them who have private jets, this and that etc...

1 Samuel 2:7 The Lord makes poor and makes rich; he brings low and he exalts.

Proverbs 14:30 A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but envy makes the bones rot.

Hebrews 13:5 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.â€

In short, don't judge or envy another person's wealth, success or position in life.

1 Samuel 2:7 The Lord makes poor and makes rich; he brings low and he exalts.

Proverbs 14:30 A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but envy makes the bones rot.

Hebrews 13:5 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

In short, don't judge or envy another person's wealth, success or position in life.

Amen!

It pains to notice millions suffer.
Which is the reason I pray for our comfort. I want all to prosper:pray
1 Samuel 2:7 The Lord makes poor and makes rich; he brings low and he exalts. Proverbs 14:30 A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but envy makes the bones rot. Hebrews 13:5 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.†In short, don't judge or envy another person's wealth, success or position in life.

...why are all these prosperity preachers wealthy and prosperous? :biggrinunno :confused :shrug

We all have a tendency to compare ourselves with others, but where exactly do we draw the line between “not wealthy” and “wealthy”? To put things in perspective, let’s first take a couple of seconds to answer these four questions:

Are we wearing clothes?
Do we own at least one pair of shoes?
Do we have enough food for one meal?
Do we sleep in a bed at night with a roof over our heads?

If we answered ‘yes’ to every question, then guess what? We are better off (wealthier) than 75% of the people on this planet!

Classik I was joking.
I'm aware of that, frankly. Just that moving outside and noticing people begging makes me sick. I wish I would become the president of the world. You know what? Even rats would sleep in airconditioned rooms.

I'm aware of that, frankly. Just that moving outside and noticing people begging makes me sick. I wish I would become the president of the world. You know what? Even rats would sleep in airconditioned rooms.
Yes its sad so many are having a hard time.

I will vote for you if you run for President :biggrin

Back